cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should benign lumps be taken out?

5 REPLIES 5
Maggieanne

Re: Should benign lumps be taken out?

Fibroadenoma Hi, Just joined and would welcome feedback. In Novemnber 2005 I was diagnosed with two Fibroadenoma\'s in one breast. My consultant advised they did not have to be removed and I don\'t want to have invasive surgery if I don\'t have to. However the more I look into this and talk to others, the more I hear that people with this condition have the lumps removed. So I am becoming increasingly concerned as to what I should do. Can these tumours, or the surrounding cells, turn cancerous?
Any advice welcomed. Thanks

Daphne

Dr Susan Love\'s view I think in any discussion on natural progesterone, it\'s worth reading what Dr Susan Love says about it:

http://www.susanlovemd.com/community/questions/q000125.htm

This doesn\'t specifically discuss natural progesterone for conditions described in this thread, but it does have a general discussion about evidence for the benefits of the cream.

Clearly Dr Susan Love is not a great fan of Dr John Lee. For anyone considering natural progesterone, I think it\'s important to read up on all arguments, for and against, because it helps with making informed decisions and is a useful basis for discussions with doctors.

DarkLady

Progesterone You might want to consider reading Dr John Lee\'s books, and the use of natural human progesterone. This is reputed to be very beneficial for such conditions, and I have a friend who is very pleased with the results.

There are doctors in the UK who are experienced in its use, but it must be prescribed. If you go for it, don\'t accept an artificail form, or a progestin/progestogen. They are not the same as the natural human form, (which cannot be patented) and do not have quite the same effects.

BCC_Host

kazzamcf.. Hello kazzamcf

You may be interested to know that there is further information on benign breast conditions here on the Breast Cancer Care website.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=148

You can use our Ask The Nurse service

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=119

or the Helpline for any questions you may have,

0808 800 6000
Open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

however if you are concerned about any health issue you should contact your GP again.

Kind Regards
BCC Host

kazzamcf

Should benign lumps be taken out? My mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She had the lumps removed along with her lymph nodes. She is halfway through her chemo and will then get radiotherapy. I feel a bit selfish asking this but it\'s preying at the back of my mind.
I have always had lumpy breasts and about 10 years ago had a biopsy on one of the lumps which thankfully came back benign.. I was asked at the time if I wanted it removed but was advised it would be ok to leave. so i left it. After a while, more lumps came and went and then i also started getting a searing stabbing pain in my breast. I was referred to a consultant and he advised to go on the pill and take evening primrose oil as it was hormonal. All dutifully done but the pain still comes and goes. I\'m worried about these problems in relation to my mum\'s cancer. Should I go back to doctor? Should i get the lumps cut out? If i have to go into hospital my mum will worry and this may affect her. Help!!!!

kazzamcf