76K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick To My Back Teeth Of.................................

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Sick To My Back Teeth Of.................................

Muffet - Hang in there ...((((((hugs)))))))) Cory XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, Muffett, not only a virtual magic carpet but loadsa energy on its way - sorry don't know anyone near Scarborough. Where would the nearest BC centre be? Yorks District Hpl has gd reputation but it's a bit of a distance, B

Teresa,

sending you cyber hugs and hoping your brother can help you in the short term.

K x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, Well it looks like I have no choice but to come back to UK...
It's breaking my heart but because of commitments here my OH and one of my Sons will have to stay here until we can get sorted out !!!!

I am trying to contact my Brother to see if we can bunk up with him, until I find my own accommodation.

I don't know how the system works in the UK now... I will go into private accommodation in or around Scarborough.

Don't know how I will get the flight money or deposit money together for a house.. but got to do it soon, as treatment in 20 days time and counting...

Scared, worried, total despair, don't even begin to describe how i'm feeling.

Thanks for all your messages... xxx

WAITING!!!!!

hi muffet. my brother did what would be discribed as a 'runner' to spain for financial reasons(not crook or anything).He was in spain costa blanca for 4 years too.That went wrong and he cadged a lift with somebody coming to uk,got here with NOTHING.stayed on a friends floor for a while and then was rehoused,not working. He had 'paid in' here for 30 odd years prior to spain,but that was not any issue.He had immediate access to healthcare nhs here.I'm sure you would too.I'm sure if you turned up in need of treatment it would be given no question.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, Muffett - think you could reg with GP when kipping on rellie's sofa. When i got fed up battling the London medical services, I decamped to Suffolk and registered as 'temp resident' no prob. Positive thoughts and the promised magic carpet - doesn't it all take so much energy when we don't have much.

Muffet, I'm not a benefits expert but if you came back to the UK and stayed a couple fo nights on your mum's or sister's sofa / floor, it wouldn't affect their benefits (visitors are allowed, I assume) and you would have time to go to the local Citizens Advice bureau. They should be able to tell you how to claim housing benefit so that you could rent somewhere. Then once you have an address, you can register with a doctor and get all your treatment on the NHS. You wouldn't have had to have contributed to get NHS treatment - a distant relative moved to England from the US and within 10 days of moving into her flat and registering with a GP she ended up in hospital having her appendix out.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Vicky... Yes as far as I can make out it was partly funded by the UK and Spain, I have worked and paid into the system out here but for not long enough.. Because I haven't paid into the system in the Uk in the last two years i'm not entitled to any help from there, even though I have lived and worked there all my life up until 4 years ago..

My family can't put me up, my Mum and Sister are both on benefits due to ill health, they would lose them, plus only one bedroomed properties. I lived previously in Northamptonshire.
haven't paid into the system
Not sure what i'm going to do.. Just fed up with everything being such a battle..... Not sure how much fight I have left in me...

xxx

Really feel for you. What a cr@p situation. I don't know how it works in Spain, was there health service treating you but funded by uk social security or something?

Whereabouts in the uk are you from? Have you no family to put you up just til you get a foothold? Sorry just feel awful for you, am sure you've tried every possible avenue. X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi thanks for all your messages, I am still in shock to be honest! Just found half a bottle of red in cupboard so downing him at the moment!

I am contacting the British embassy tomorrow and see what they can do.. Apparently social Security won't pay for my treatment any longer... I seem o have used all my credit up !!! lol...

I wish I could move back to the UK, no where to live, no money for deposits on rent, no flight money etc... It's all just come at such a bad time..

I knew this year was going to be a bad year... !!!! not a great start..

Oh forgot to mention the STITCH they removed from my nipple only been there for a year, causing infections... xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh, Muffett - what a b..... is there no challenge to this? I thought Spanish health services were gd. Magic carpet on way to fly you and OH back if necessary, B

sick of feeling like I've aged 40 years in the last 6 months!

OMG Muffet... How can they do that? Sending you a hug.

Sick of the whole %#%^* business and especially *^%#%^* cancer.
Dx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh muffet...can we get u back to the uk?

That's rubbish. I'm sick to the back teeth of that for you little miss muffet. Cyber hugs over the sea to you xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh, Muffett...sending you big {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}.
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Being told today that I'm not entitled to ANYMORE TREATMENT whilst I live in Spain !!!!

Not sure what I'm going to do now !!!!

Not able to talk without tears !!!!

xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

bluddy beurocracy

Waiting another week for chemo to recommence 'cos of dates mix up.
As if it wasn't along gap anyway will now be 8 weeks between FEC3 and TAX 1.
Stella xx

Is sick and tired of having constant cough and cold and keep pulling muscles coughing...... bald head and dripping, red nose is NOT an attractive look!

SJ xx

Guest user
Not applicable

my hair growing whilst on fec and staying put albeit 5mm clip...and now all falling off on tax grrrr

sick of having this stupid drain in after surgery! Its uncomfortable and leaking and I'm just waiting for the district nurse to come and sort it now 😞

Sick to my back teeth of...

Waiting for £$^%"^£^& results. STILL.
Labs that are so busy they can't process a tumour by 9 days after it was removed.
Having to reorganise next Wednesday so I can still support OH in his own medical journey because my surgeon only does clinics on Wednesdays.

Ratsypan, don't bother feeling guilty about the exercise, spend your efforts in looking for the perfect excuse not to do it! 😉

Guest user
Not applicable

Love this thread....

but sick of ...

dark mornings and dark afternoons
Rain
Waking up too hot, going back to sleep then waking up to cold, and so on and so on
Friends who aren't really friends
constant aches and pains
Guilt at not doing any exercise still but being too lazy to do anything about it

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Of So called Well Doing People... I wish they would keep their noses out of business that doesn't concern them!!!!!

sick of still not sleeping...

Sick of bl....y CANCER !!!!!!

AAAAARRRGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Am too sick of this rain!!! Sick of the mud and the dirt on my car, shoes backs of legs when splashed ect!!!!!!!

Am also sick of this interupted sleep! It caused me to really over sleep this morning which made me late for the lunch date I had with my friend! Also cuz I got up way to late my brain was complete mush!! Due to this I dashed from car park to pub without thinking about the fact that I needed a ticket to park. I return after lunch to see a lovely parking fine slapped on my windscreen!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH! Very annoyed at myself for not noticing the hundreds of Have you Paid and Displayed signs!!!!!!! I blame it all on lack of good sleep!!!! So a very expensive lunch for me - not impressed 😞

Driving
Rain
Driving in the rain
Did I mention driving.....

(rads every day, hospital miles away)

Guest user
Not applicable

fed up with neutrophills being low and chemo being put off and keep going back for more blood tests grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Guest user
Not applicable

((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))

Guest user
Not applicable

Of... Going food shopping, 1 hour, totally exhausted, every muscle in my legs ache, even my toes...

sick of the arguments in my family....

Sick of still waiting for tests...

sick of being in pain constantly...

Sick of wanting to cry all the time but holding it in....

xxxx

It's like being a teenager without the fun!!!
Tired of being tired!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bird, same hear girl... No sleep... Hot tropical moments every 20 minutes or so through the night!

As for memory I stood with the fridge door open this morning with me and an empty glare looking into it... OH asked what am I looking for, I replied SOCKS.... UMMMM Need I Say More !!!!

Oh and i'm lucky if I see before 11am most days then siesta at 3pm ish.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi BW

People spitting????!! what on earth?

I am getting really p****d off with not having a decent nights sleep. I think I have ranted about this before - but my memory is so rubbish I can't remember!! LOL!! The night sweats continue and so do the chills meaning I am waking up 4-5 times every night and starting to feel exhausted!!!!! Good job I ain't back at work yet - no way I could get up that early!! Struggling to get up before 9.30 at the moment.

x

Guest user
Not applicable

...feeling old, depressed and putting on weight. Oh and people spitting! B

Guest user
Not applicable

i am sick of

been a work and havin to say
yeah feel good when i feel like xxxx

not sleeping more than 2 hrs

this dam heat when everyone thinks its cold

headaches

getting up and going to work when all i wanna do is sleep

work

oh and did i mention work

So pleased you've 'been' Sophie. I always knew chocolate fudge cake was good for you.

Stella xx

Guest user
Not applicable

CM - I had chocolate fudge cake and vanilla icecream for lunch yesterday, and yesterday evening finally managed to 'go' - first time in three days (no wonder I have heartburn, must be complete traffic jam from top to bottom!). I'm deffo sure it was choc fudge cake that did the business, as it were. Eat it every day

Sophie xx

Hi CM
So with you on that one, not the codeine now but the chemo, and I have eaten my bodyweight in stuff 'sposed to keep one going - if I drink any more water, I will drown and although I love veggies, there are only so many I can eat!

SJ xx

Sick to my back teeth of...

...constipation. I'm NEVER taking codeine again. Haven't had a poo since Monday, so all those people who think I'm full of **it are completely correct right at this moment!

Guest user
Not applicable

Lone, sorry to hear your having such a s...t time! As for the kids I think perfectly normal in our situation, mine are the same, in fact my oldest one to speak to me at the moment is easier Extracting Teeth!!!!xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Lone...don't think I've read such a litany of horrors/misery for a while. Try and stick in there - we're here for you, Barbara

Oh dear, poor Lone. A definite pile of hugs needed. That, or a soundproof room where you can shout and scream and sob and yell until you've finished.

Hugs.

CM
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Lone - (((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))

Some days are just sh*t. Better ones ahead.

Sophie xx

You really have been in the wars, haven't you?

Can you bear hugs, at least virtual ones?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Guys!
Am back for another rant if you don't mind. Keep storing stuff up and feel like this is the only place where I can let go. Thank you so much for allowing me to do so.

I have had so many problems since starting chemo that I am absolutely fed up. First there was the cording when the FEC stuffed up my veins through the cannula. Then I got 2 DVTs from the trauma in my arm. Then I had to have a picc line put in. Then I came down with a bout of pharyngitis and needed antibiotics. Then my liver became damaged from the chemo. Then my skin became allergic to any dressing they put over my picc line. Then my picc line became infected and required lots of trips to the hospital that is miles away for treatment and had to have more antibiotics. I am out of area to the hospital, and am treated like a very unwelcomed visitor when I go to the hospital. I can't get transport easily as it is so far away and I am not driving at the moment cause I have two poorly arms and no concentration. Oh yeah, they told me that I now have a hyperactive thyroid condition on top of the cancer etc. My husband says he is fed up with me and my kids don't want to say hello or goodnight to me anymore.

So as you can see I am sick of all the things that go wrong even after you have been given the shock of your life with the diagnosis of cancer..... It is these little things that are really getting to me.

Thanks again for letting me get that out. I feel much better now getting that off my chest, cause when people ask me how it is all going....... I am screaming inside!!!!! but say 'fine' like so many of us.

Lots of love guys

Lone xx

Guest user
Not applicable

ChoccieMuffin - that was terrible! I totally blame the drugs!! LOL! But yes you are so right ebay is very much my friend! High street really isn't my thing, I reckon 80% of my wardrobe is from ebay!!

Buzzy - yep me too! I am struggling to get any mascara to actually stay on my lashes!!! Waterproof or not it flakes off very easily!! Damn you eyelashes for falling out!!!

Am also starting to get p****d off with having to put nail varnish on! I probably don't actually need to now cuz the chemo is finished but they are now a lovely yellow shade and there is no way I am showing what looks like nictotine stained nails in public! I do have some standards ya know!!! I used to miss having lovely colourful nails but now its almost a chore!!! I guess its cuz I have to rather than want to - bc and its treatment seems to do that quite often - make me have to do something cuz I have to rather than actually want to!!! and I really hate being told what to do!! SO damn you BC for dictating!!

sick of all the volumising/lengthening mascara not making a bit of difference to my stumpy eyelashes!

Sick to my back teeth of, 'OOh you've had your hair cut.' Grrrrrrr
As if anyone in their right mind would ask for this cut!!!!!!!

Bird, 4 words for you: "Ebay Is Your Friend". You'd be amazed what you can pick up for a song. Ha, a birdsong! (Sorry, I blame the drugs).

Sick to my back teeth of these new glasses. Or it could be that my eyes are just not functioning together properly. In any case, I swear the shelves in Tesco just moved of their own accord! Bah, varifocals because my eyes are older than I am...