71603members
375695posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick To My Back Teeth Of.................................

dancing_girl

Re: Sick To My Back Teeth Of.................................

Oh CM, what a horrid day. Hope OH recovers quickly and that you are OK. I've forgotten where you are with your treatment - I know you had rearranged your treatment to fit in with OH and then they changed it.
Get a good night's sleep tonight.

Stella xx

ChoccieMuffin

I wasn't up early, I was up late. And now I'm up early as well! 😄

GingerLaces

Hi Chocciemuffin, sorry to hear about your horrible day yesterday hope it all improves from now on. Sending you big hugs. Can see you are up early too - rest is what the doctor orders but we don't take orders it seems.... Take care xx Adi

ChoccieMuffin

... elastic timelines.

Told "4-5 hours, he'll be out of surgery." Went down just after 1, simple arithmetic says +5 hours = 6pm. Didn't get to see him until 9.30 or thereabouts. Those last few hours had me planning funerals and breaking bad news to children again. NOT good.

I don't do "brave" very well, so that was not fun when I was front-line news reporter. So many "he'll be on the ward in about an hour", "she'll speak to you in 10 minutes", "we'll tell you in a quarter of an hour", that was excruciating.

But I suppose I can forgive them just about anything right at this
moment, having seen him ok before I left the hospital tonight.

I've read a whole book today and have NO idea what it was about. Just as well, it was a crappy book but served its purpose and at least I don't feel like I've missed a good book...

icy_k

Although I've managed to lose lots of the extra weight I put on...IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!

Karen

Bird

Everything to do with b****y cancer!!! Sick of hearing about it, reading about it and talking about it!

Saw a gentleman at the treatment centre today who I hadn't seen for a few months and its quite clear that he is dying - he is such a sweet man and it just made me so angry! Just so sick of it all and sick of the fear.

xx

MURDO2323

Hi Teresa

That sounds like a really good idea with the press, i hope they can help you out it is madness that you are caught like this.

Sending you lots of love although i wish i could send you lots of help

Jayne xxxxx

Jan

Hi Teresa

You got a PM

Jan xx

Projectwoman

Work! STILL cannot get anyone in HR to even give me the name of someone I can send my Absence certificates too, yet alone talk to me about a process that will let me work when I feel well. Really annoyed - I have spoken to 3 HR managers in the UK and written to my HR manager in Holland explaining my situation and treatment plan and no further forward.
Sorry this is a very minor problem compared to Teresa's (you have my thoughts with you - this is a terrible situation) but just needed a quick rant!

Rhian

Hi Teresa

even if the portocath is not being used ...please tell me it is being flushed ??

rhi x

Lavenderlassie

Lavenderlassie

Maybe this is really worth doing Teresa as it just doesn't seem reasonable in any way for you to be ineligible in both places or for you to have a 3 month gap in treatment.
I think there was a Daily Mail article about someone being caught out by this a couple of weeks ago- a nurse who had worked for the NHS for ?40 years and was now working as a volunteer in the Amazonian rainforest. Not normally a fan of the DM but they do want to uphold British rights, and this just feels all wrong.
Sending out cancelling hex vibes!
Lavender
xx

muffett

Hi Lizzy, That's not a bad idea. It's a crazy system, I just can't believe this is happening to me!

I will give this some thought, on the newspaper route.. Thanks Lizzy x

lostinfrance

Teresa.....
Write to or phone a newspaper in Britain....and do it tomorrow. If you cannot face it I volunteer to help you even though I don't know you....
This situation is farcical....if you cannot get treatment in Spain coz your E111 is over the time allowed and you cannot get treatment in Britain until you have been back 3 months....
I bet you anything a newspaper would love to help...!

muffett

Hi Jan, not as far as I know!
It's a nightmare, just don't know which way to turn...

xxx

Jan

hi Teresa

I'm fine thanks. I just feel so sorry that you are in this situation and on top of all that you have some loony witch type person on your back. I'm not surprised you're sick of it all.

I agree that it would be diffcult to get private health insurance and very expensive if you could.

I wish there was something I could suggest but I've no idea how it all works with European countries and ill health. Is there anyone else on the forum living in Spain who has experience which would help.

It's a complete nightmare.

All I can do is send you love and hugs

Jan xxx

muffett

Hi Jan, thanks for that, wish I could ignore her, she's now saying that "I'm not as ill as I make out" real evil !!!!

As for treatment, no this is my 5th week without my Herceptin, and seeing my onc, should have had ecograph for my heart, plus scan for my back pain, plus a biopsy on another lump although this has got smaller now, so not so worried on this.

Basically this is where I am at! My European Health card which I have used for part of my treatment has been canceled due to the treatment going on over 6 months, this is all you are allowed. Spanish can't treat me without this card although they told me to go Residencia which I did.
Now I have been flagged in the UK, by the E111 people so before I could start treatment back in the UK I have to prove I have been resident there for 3 months! Then I qualify for treatment!
There advice was get private medical insurance!!!! What now, half wa through treatment even if I could afford it what company would insure me now!

My portacath hasn't been used so worried about this becoming infected!

So all in all, really am SICK TO MY BACK TEETH of it all!!!

Sorry Jan, how are you honey... love Teresa xxx

Rhian

Chinook...chase the bu**ers up I want to scream when i here of girls waiting for results, I have health insurance so get seen privately but i have always had my mammo results the same day!! so if a busy private hospital can do that the NHS shouldn't take weeks.

take care rhi

xx

Jan

What a horrible woman Muffett. Just ignore her she's obviously not the sort of person you want to bother with.

Are you any closer to getting your treatment?

Jan xx

chinook

Being on my period, now on day 16!!!! Everyone keeps saying wait till you come off tamoxifen. Can't do that till I see surgeon. Can't do that till I get results of mammogram. Mammogram was done 2 weeks and 3 days ago. Result come in 2 to 3 weeks. So where the @@@ are they.
Chinook

Everton_babe

Waiting for a date for my recon-It's been a year since assessment and Im stressed to the max everytime postie calls/phone rings 😞

Cathie

muffett

Evil People, Do you know there is a woman who has a business in our valley who has basically wished more Cancer on my family and me! How Evil some people can be.

I do believe in what goes around comes around though!

Welsh_girl

Know what you mean about not sleeping but thank goodness it's not to do with work or such an early alarm call.
Poor you you certainly need a break.......or a sleeping potion!!!

Personally I'd recommend a 'sickie'!
Just to achieve a little more balance.

Take good care now and hope sleep descends for us all tonight!

Welsh girlx

oscarbailey

sick to my back teeth of.... work, cant't sleep for toffee and can't avoid the 5:30am alarm.

Mezzomamma

What a pain!

ChoccieMuffin

STMBTO... hospitals cancelling operations the evening before. Don't they realise we have lives like jigsaws that have to be pieced together?

OH was due to have an op tomorrow, then he'd be out middle of next week, I'd be around to look after him for a while post-op, then my chemo starts, then he can look after me.

I messed about with the start of my chemo so I could be around for him after his surgery, and now that's gone out the window. Watch this space, I bet they re-schedule it for my first chemo date!

tors

Stmbto....being inspirational; being lucky i have high cheekbones as apparently i therefore suit ultra short(bald) hair; this site's glitches.

TM, my fec 1 and tax 1 were much worse thAn fec 2 and 3, and tax 2 and 3. Just go with the flow and tell people to shove it up their pretty little behinds if they say it will be worse. Xxxxx

June_BCC

Sorry about that, must have been a fault as it kicked me out as well.

June, moderator

Troymaiden

STMBTO of this site logging me out every time I try and do a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hearing " you look so well" GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAARRRRRGHH!

People saying it's going to be harder with FEC2

SM422

Hi there
Totally with LookingLovely - couldn't have put it better myself, plus just generally feeling like and looking like crap!

If I hear - "you look so well!" - I won't be responsible for my actions - GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SJ x

Bird

B****y chills! Brrrrrrrrrrrr. These are much worse than night sweats and hot flushes. Hate hate hate being cold, and nothing I do seems to warm me up either! I have to wait for the next hot flush! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&^£&!£$!&£!*&(

Rustyharas

Looking lovely, with you on every one!

Shar, the more people I talk to, the more I find out about people who went through bc treatment, and are still here just getting on with life, AND I NEVER KNEW. I think there are literally hundreds of people you know who are still here, just that you only get the ghoulish stories about those that didn't make it. As the lady said, the boring stories about people who just got through it aren't newsworthy enough.
X
Rusty

looking_lovely

am I too late for a rant??

going to bed wishing it was morning

waking up wishing it was night time

feeling like an old lady

running out of energy half way through the day

losing the thread of my own words half way through

struggling to open heavy doors in public places

forgetting the word I need

ChoccieMuffin

STMBTO... having a good evening of giggling and being silly, and some other so-and-so having the last glass! How dare she! (Well I suppose seeing as it WAS her house, and is WAS her wine, she should be forgiven...)

Never mind, I'll make up for it in the morning, I make a MEAN pancake, and I've had a lovely evening.

ChoccieMuffin

Muffett, you have a PM.

CM
x

Jan

Hi Muffet

What a dreadful time you're having. I've been thinking of you so much over the last couple of weeks and really hoped that you would have better news as I'm sure you did too.

I'm sure you've probably been down this route but would be British Embassy be able to help?

I'm so sorry and upset that you are in this predicament. All I can do is say that you are in my thoughts and send you loads of love and huge hugs.

Jan xxxx

muffett

Hi Jan, thanks for your post, things still not good, treatment still being refused was due Herceptin today! never got it!

Going tomorrow to see local Center de Salud, health center basically with more documents, will see what they have to say!

brother said I could stay with him back in the UK, then backed out at he last minute! Relationship problems.... Ummm like my problems don't count! It's ONLY CANCER !!!!

So back to square one, no where to stay in he UK, no money to get there, no treatment here.

Not good!

Love Teresa xxxxxx

Nottsgal

For Shar - those mags you read pay people for dramatic stories. It's not dramatically sad enough to say "then she got well again and went back to work". The mags are only giving you stories of people who don't survive.

evie2007

Hospital appointments 15mths after end of treatment because of another lump. Endless waiting and worrying

Troymaiden

The weather - raining again...could REALLY have used a sunny day today!

{update post 1st chemo...It rained so I could run around in it and cool down 🙂
Hxx }

Flossied

Cheryl........I saw a memory around here somewhere....Now where was it?....I forget!

Sue

silvershar

Liked to Banker post, very good, muy bien x xxxxxx

silvershar

Yeah agree re long swishy hair on adverts cos ive done similar in hairdressers ad products and soon i will have no hair to do that with and these ads are in my face, tv mags, and people in town!!

Also fed up with... stories in magazines... lately in half mags i flick through there is a story about bc how brave etc etc and how get through from dx to chemo and out other side.... great inspiration then...........every story then they have secondary and every story not happy ending, im scared so much by this, there must be happy endings even with bc there must be people who dont get secondary or does everyone, this post is both sick to back teeth
plus scared myself sick.......
Shar xxxx

Troymaiden

CM - how DID you guess! yep, he's a Banker & *anker too! 😉
Thanks for that one!
xx H xx

pinkrose

Adverts for:-
-Valentine lingerie
-Long, swishy, glossy hair 'because you're worth it'
-Headandshoulders advert - Itchy, flaky, scalp anyone?(Yes thanks, but at least you've got hair on yours)

ChoccieMuffin

Hmm, he sounds like a banker to me, TM. (Note I said SOUNDS LIKE...)

Troymaiden

Stmbto having lingerie articles shoved in my face to do with Bl&&dy Valentine's Day!
I was made single 2 wks b4 Dx AND he lives opposite me and hasn't stopped text/emailing how upset he is about Dx - even I didn't cry @ Dx....AAARGH!!

Alto

My anaesthetist was gorgeous!

Jane xxx

triphazard99

Hey Buzzy... fingers crossed for a sexy surgeon then xx

Mezzomamma

Losing my memory along with everything else. Has anyone seen seen a memory they don't recognise lying around?

Cheryl