cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sickness with FEC

7 REPLIES 7
lisaloveschoc

Re: Sickness with FEC

thank you all so much for your great and helpful comments. It makes me feel better just knowing I'm not on my own with this. will take all advice to hospital next wed and let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed for less sick !!!

lots of love to everyonexxxx

Lisa

pineapple

When i had FEC i was so sick too, i couldnt keep any anti emtics down and its was dreadfull. I couldnt even look at the clothes i had put on the chair that i had worn to the chemo session without puking.
I tried different drugs but nothing worked. Then they treid me with pesseries and VOILA great - worked a treat. Ask if you can have some, you dont have to heave then at the thought of putting tablets in your mouth.

FoxyLoxy

Hi Helen

I had the same sickness with my second FEC and had to have the doctor out twice. I spoke to the oncologist and they gave me Emend. They are very good and the first time I took them I still felt sick but wasn't and the next time I took them, I felt sick on the first night of chemo but up and about the next day and felt fine. I think the tablets are very expensive and that's why they don't offer them unless you really suffer.

Good luck as I know how you feel about dreading the next FEC but just push for the Emend and make you you take the first one an hour before chemo.

Take care
Foxy

Helenofherts

Hi ladies,
I had my 3rd and last FEC on Monday. 1st FEC vomited non stop for 30 hours, dreadful, 2nd FEC vomited for 12 hours non stop after being given antisickness drugs introvenously before FEC and this Monday wasn't sick at all but I started taking the Domperidone before I felt nausious because by the time I felt sick previously it was too late to stop it. I took 2 at 6pm, 2 at 10pm then stayed up till 2am so I could have another couple. Slept till 7am then stated on the steroids and other anti sickness pills. Success at last. 3 weeks time I start 1st of 3 Taxotere. They say a change is as good s a rest, lol.
Good luck everyone

Helen xx

kittenkat

hi Lisa - I start first of 3 x fec today & am dreading it!! I remember somebody mentioning Emend as an anti-emetic as I wrote the name down so I'd remember and they said it was very good so fingers crossed....mary x

yogibear

Hi girls,
Lisa, sorry about your sickness. I can relate to it as well. My first Fec was horrible and didnt stop being sick for a week. I phoned my GP who also prescibed cyclizine and that helped.
If its any consolation, my 2nd Fec was much easier. I too was dreading it but wasnt sick just nauseous and far more washed out. I was due my 3rd one on Monday but couldnt have it as caught a cold and chest infection last week.
Good luck and am sure that your new medication will help. xx

claire10

Dear Lisa,

I was sorry to hear that you have been so poorly after your first dose of FEC. I finished FEC last October and was very sick on it too. My Oncologist changed my meds for the second dose which did help, which were Cyclizine. He also gave me some 'fast melts' which act abit like Calpol for kids that you put in your mouth and are instantly absorbed by the body. Sorry I cant remember what they were called. I found those great when I got to the stage where I couldnt keep anything down. Each person is different and what suits one person doesnt suit another. Ive not heard of the new drug imends.

Im sending you a hug and hope that your 2nd dose will be easier for you.

Claire x

lisaloveschoc

Sickness with FEC

I had my first FEC two weeks ago and I have never been so sick. Had to be readmitted into hospital in the end for fluids and anti sickness drugs IV. I couldn't keep the anti sick tablets down for themto work ,then when I did stop being sick I felt so dizzy and spaced out I fainted.

Has anyone experienced sickness and dizzyness with FEC. They are going to try a new anti sick called imends next time has anyone heard of it or if it works ? I am so dreading my next chemo next week ?