Side effects from letrozole

Hi everyone
I came upon this site when I was searching for side effects to taking Letrozole, it was really helpful and gave me answers as to why I am gaining weight and moving around as though I am 101 years old ( terrible aches and pains in my joints )
I have only been on letrozole for approx 2 weeks and am just coming to the end of 15 radiotherapy sessions.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Dec 2016 . I had a lumpectomy in Jan 2017 and a mastectomy and full lymph node removed on the left side in Feb 2017. I started 6 months of chemo in march 2017.
I was lucky that I got through all the treatment without much trauma, there were a lot more ladies that suffered a lot more than I did with side effect of the chemo.
My cancer was a hormonal cancer grade 3 that fed on my estrogen , as I am post menopausal I will be on Letrozole for 10 years , I am 58 years at the moment and thank god that I had a cancer that was treatable.
My friend has been through the same treatment as me and just been told that her cancer has returned to the same breast area and is not treatable as it is triple negative and very aggressive. I just can’t imagine what she is going through.
It’s been a long journey that has given me new values in life . It truly is life changing and has given me a new aspect on humanity.
I will gladly put up with the side effects as long as it prevents the cancer from returning.
I am also taking part in a 3 year clinical trial for Christies Hospital in Manchester England. It is trialling the possibility that taking asprin daily will help to stop the recurrence of the cancer. This does not replace the hormone therapy but runs alongside it.
I am willing to try it out if it helps others in the future.
Chin up ladies, we may have many problems but we are still here to enjoy the sunrise every day, I embrace life with open arms ?

Gsilforce what a wonderful positive attitude you have to all you have been through and the side effects of Letrozole!
I started my journey in April 14 at 58 years old. I commenced with chemo, then db mx followed by rads! Then had to,have a year of herceptin and 5 years of Letrozole! I have been taking them for 3 year nearly now!?
I have been prescribed at least 5 different brands. Some make my hair fall and lashes thin, some make me feel nauseous, all of them make me tired!!! I suffer from awful aching knee joints and pains shooting down my legs but these are not necessarily due to Letrozole. I have just had both kneees xrayed and am awaiting results!!! The rt one in particular is very swollen!?

Nearly forgot had  DB DIEP last year after a chapter of failed implants!!!?
I get through life by having something to look forward to like visiting family a theatre visit a meet up with friends! Not to forget retain therapy!!!? Oh and the odd glass or 2 of ?! ?

Gsilforce my cancer was also 3 and hormone fed 18 nodes removed.I also had a kidney removed with cancer at the same time.Aches and pains are bad sometimes on anastroxole but at least not some of the other awful things people get.When I get a low day I remember that this time last year I was bald, dizzy and slow and I feel a million times better than I did then.Six month scans have come back normal but obviously tbeyre keeping a close eye on me.Just living for now!