1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Lining??

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Silver Lining??

I just want to say thankyou to everyone for your kind words and support. I will beat this bxx***&&&*676 lol. I have major wobbles. A friend of mine who had a type of leukaemia years ago said its like a runaway train that you cant get off, you just have to go where it takes you. I lost 112 pounds which is 8 stones in english, I stopped smoking in January. And Im mentally getting in my corner to start my battle. Someone on here a couple of months ago said, I will give you a year, if u give me my life. What a great thought xx

Hi Panda

I am so sorry to hear of your current situation and decisions to make x

You appear strong and focused....which is what will get you through. This is your journey and you will respond differently to anyone else....so only focus on the positive stories and your goal to look back on the wedding photos at their silver anniversary.

I expect you already are.......but always ask questions and go with what you want. Some areas offer different treatments.......mkae sure you ask for everything you know about..........like Emend antisickness...... not routinely given in all areas with chemo.......due to cost..........

I wish you well and stay strong.........this site is great.for support and advice........Take care Donna xx

Hi Panda53

You poor thing, sounds like you are really in the wars.

I was diagnosed 2nd April with grade 2 invasive ductal carcinoma ER0/8. I had WLE and SNB last Monday (14th April), i am recoveing well but very scared about results and what they all mean.

I also have plans for later in the year and am trying to stay positive, but it is very hard.

The roller coaster ride just seems to go on and on, but we all need to ride it out.

This site has been very good for picking up hints and tips and it also helps knowing  there is support from others going through the same thing.

Lots of love and positive thoughts to you and everyone else going through this. xxx

Hi Panda53

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along soon to offer that support.

If there's anything you need to ask just ask away, there's always someone around to help, plus our helpline team are there for both practical and emotional support.  Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.  (Unfortunately due to the Bank Holiday the helpline is closed until Tuesday this week)

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Silver Lining??

Hi Everyone.

I have been following almost everything in here since I found my lump on Feb 20. My breast care nurse told me to come here. I am diagnosed with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma with lymph node involvement. They sent me for CT scan and bone scan. Bone scan was clear but CT scan showed an enlarged lymph in the mediastinum. So bronchoscopy which showed a completely unrelated cancer. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! So 2 primary cancers. One breast and one lung. My breast cancer is ER+ And hormoner receptors 8/8 So im on letrozol and it has shrunk by half. Ive just had another bronchoscopy in liverpool under a general anaesthetic and they have shaved off half the tumour. My lungs are finee it is in the bottom of the airway. They say they can cure it but its tricky operation as its cutting my airway. So my world for the last 8 weeks has been a roller coaster. My daughter is getting married in August. I dont have time for all of this rubbish, I have a weddimng to attend :))))) Huggs to all and I think you are all strong and amazing ladies xx