Single having masectomy on Moday

Hi I am new to this site and thought I would join as I need to keep myself busy after the op on Monday…
I have been dealing with it fine, I told my son 25 that I was just having a new boob and how lucky I was, how some women have to pay a lot of money for one…
A sense of humour is great in a crisis!!
I am all on my own, and sick miserable people don’t get any visitors…
So must take care of myself, friends all work no one can take time off to look after me…So I just have to get on with it…No I don’t have a boyfriend, hubby or any family, I am a young out going 49 year old woman who is dealing with all this…
Yes I have been offered someone to talk to, but to be honest unless you are in exactly the same situation, what the point…I have to put on a brave face and get on with it. There is of course a plus side to being on my own I get to stay in hospital an extra night…
Wow!! 2 nights instead of 1.
I have 2 days before op and reconstruction, No rest for the wicked!!
Cleaning, Shopping, washing etc
All left till last minute because my surgeon advised me to have as much Fun as possible.
She is fab, which I have done…
So I Guess I joined this site because having My breast removed is one thing, having to deal with it all on My own Is a whole lot worse, and I just thought If I moan on line…I can be my happy Joyus self when I have a visitor…

P.S does anyone know if I will be able to travel 5 miles on a buss to go to hospital check up after op ?

Hi Dawn

I am 49 also and had a double mastectomy with recon last October…I do have my family around me and they have been brilliant, but as you say we keep that smile on in front of others and have a moan online lol.

It does help to talk to others in the same position as sometimes you feel like you are the only one, when actually your not mad but its quite normal.

Thinking of you

Erica xx

Thank you Ericia
Everyday I look for something small that happens that
makes me smile…
Today its Not even 9 and 2 things have.
My doctors phoned and the nurse will clean my drains for me!!!
This is Great News
And you replied to My message…
Thank You
All I need now is too meet the man of my dreams and it will be the best day Ever…

Hi Dawn, Good luck with your op and make sure you have lots of ready meals etc ready as you won’t feel like cooking and cleaning for a while! Think you might need a taxi for your check up but it depends I suppose which recon you are having . You might need a cushion to go under seat belt as well! I had immediate recon with mesh and implant and it was very uncomfortable to be upright for the first few weeks. I was also in hospital 2 nts but was lucky to have family here when I came home. Hope all goes well for you, it is helpful to chat on here! Nicola xx

Thank you Nicola
I am having mesh too and implant,
My surgeon told me to have as much fun has possible before op, which I have done…
Tomorrow big house clean and going to cook loads and freeze.
Yes going to get a taxis probably, I was just angry that no one told me, till yesterday I would be unable to do anything.
Wish I had found this site before…
I am never at home, always out I play golf 3-4 times a week…
I just dont know how I will handle being stuck in, and being not able to do anything…I am worried.
Thanks for the tips I really appreciate it…
Alison X

Thank you Nicola I am going to get some books…I love the fresh air so walking will be great…
Thank you so much for all your advice…
have a fabulous weekend X

Thank You Ever so much for all your advice…Have left preparations for hospital last minute…So I don,t have to think of op!! lol
Hope you have a fabulous weekend xxxxx