Single mx no recon

Hi everyone
I finished chemo and am now moving over to surgery. I am having a single mx which was what I expected but I was hoping to have recon. My surgeon isn’t recommending immediate recon due to me having rads after. Therefore I am now getting my head around being flat on one side for a while which isn’t what I was expecting.
My surgery is booked for next Wednesday. Anyone provide any hints or tips on things I might need prior to surgery?
Thanks x

Hi WhyteFawn

I will be sharing this next step with you as I’m up for surgery too next weds - single mastectomy, no reconstruction and SNB with possible lymph node clearance depending on path results while I’m in surgery. 

Feeling much happier now that I’ve seen the surgeon today and he understands my decision. 

I hope you are able to come to terms with the unexpected news and that you are able to prepare for your surgery without worry.

Hugs xx

Crikey girls

You’re both taking me back to my first mast at 2006 (second 2007). Didn’t have any hints or tips, cos I didn’t use the Forum, didn’t know it existed back then.

The biggest hint/tip would be - to go have a look at yourself at the earliest opportunity. It may not be half as bad as you think it’ll be. You’re going to have to get used to it. I had to go through it a second time - that wasn’t as easy as the first, and I hope you don’t ever have to. My next biggest tip would be, to get recon as soon as poss, The sooner the better, otherwise other life stuff has a habit of getting in the way of getting that recon. Have it done asap. It’ll do wonders for your confidence, getting your bod back to near norm as soon as you can. Took me 7 yrs to be at a point for me to have recon done. I wanted immediate at mastectomy, but couldn’t be done due to various things.

Thinking of you both

Delly xxxxxx