Slnb and isotope injection

Confused dot com. Had slnb on Monday. When I had the I radioactive isotope injection beforehand she injected it in my nipple I.e. at 12 o’clock. My affected area of breast was between nipple and breast bone. Did she inject in a different site as I’ve already has WLE or is the nipple the normal place???

My injection was also in nipple for SNL, the new surgeon at my hospital had put a dot on another place but the nurses in the radioactive room said they always do it on the edge of the nipple. When they queried the Doctor she said to put it where thay always do. Apparently the fluid then migrates to the Sentinel node.

Hi a.j. I was told it doesn’t where in the breast the tumour is the radioisotope is always injected into the nipple

Hi a.j. this is routine for SNB and as hotcatz says the isotope fluids finds its way into the breast lymphatic system and highlights the nodes so the surgeon knows where they are. Usually they take one or two sample nodes to go for histology to see if ant cancer cells have migrated to them.
Was left with a blue boob for awhile but about three months before nipple looked reasonably normal afterwards. Hope this helps?. Best wishes, Katy.

I had same on 17th July and still got turquoise nipple and boob! LOVELY xxx

Thank you for the replies. I too have a blue boob but not for long as I’m having mx soon. I went for a CT scan yesterday to look at the blood vessels in my tummy as I want a diep recon. The injection they gave me then was an unusual experience!! It makes you feel boiling scorching hot all over. Weird! well I guess that’s me playing the waiting game again for the test results. Hey ho…