cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small rash on mastectomy scar

6 REPLIES 6
Ccross599

Re: Small rash on mastectomy scar

Hello Kess, thank you for you comment. I am due to see the GP tomorrow, although the rash hasn't got any bigger, so I don't think it's anything to worry about, however I have now found a very small hard lump just behind the area so will be glad when I have been checked out.
Kess

hi - hope you managed to get an appointment and get it checked out. The worst that would happen is they reassure you its all ok, so its always better to get any changes like that seen.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Tell them you have concerns about changes to your breast and you have had breast cancer ,you should be a priority then.It is very probably nothing but push to get it seen put your mind at rest .
Ccross599

Thank you Jill I have been trying to get a GP appt just to get it looked at for my piece of mind, but no luck yet
Jill1998
Community Champion

If you don't get it checked out it will just be there in the back of your mind as nagging worry ,make an appointment and put your mind at rest.If it hasn't changed much in a month very probably nothing to worry about but get it checked .Let us know how you get on.
Lizzy_BCC

Hi Ccross599,

I am sorry you are going through this anxious time. I am sure some of our users will be along to offer their support soon.

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the change in skin, talk through any questions you may have and offer a supportive ear.

The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy

Ccross599

Small rash on mastectomy scar

I previously had a bi-lateral mastectomy/ diep flat reconstruction approx 6 years ago. The cancer was only on my left side but it was recommended that I had a bilateral mastectomy due to family history. I have recently noticed a rash/ change in the skin of an area of approx 2cm just on top of the mastectomy scar on my right breast, which extends slightly below the scar as well. It has probably been there for approx 1 month now and hasn't got any larger. Is this anything to worry about? I cannot feel a lump and there is no pain associated with the area although I do have pain in my right breast. Just not sure if I need to get it looked at.