Smear test

8 REPLIES 8
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Smear test

so pleased you had good results missmessy

Really pleased for you.

I think we worry because we're human! That and BC steals our confidence.

Good news to day smear test came back normal. Why do we put ourselves through all this worrying!!!
Suziex

Guest user
Not applicable

dont worry a few weeks ago i was in the same position as you are i had not had a period for 2 years because of tamoxifen ,then i had a bleed ,had a smear done results came back abnormal cells border line i was really worried posted on here,ladies really helpful put my mind at ease went for cervical biopsy and camera plus pelvic ultra sound because they wanted to check the thickening of the womb because iam on tamoxifen i had a procedure called hysteroscopy done i am pleased to say all that worry and everything was fine ,i am just going to have more frequent smears .so try not to worry miss messyx

Thanks for your replays . I go tomorrow tea time for test I,m not sure how many weeks it takes for the results. I will mention to the nurse your comments about noting on the test about tamoxifen .

Regards
Suziex

Hi Ladies i am 4 months post chemo and went for mine last tue .I panicked too about abnormal results .Im TN so no hormone tabs for me but i did ask if having no periods for 4 months and just getting over chemo and rads would affect my result .She said there is no reason why it should but she would make a note of it when she sent it off ,so it looks as if we are all in the waiting room again girls!!!!!Good luck with your results xx

Hi both,

We do experience boundless joy don't we! I recall getting my smear done in a morning and my chemo the same afternoon...

I can't say whether Tamxifen has any effect - though Carolyn has clearly been told it does not - but chemo evidently can mess up smear results. It is worth mentioning to the nurse (if she fails to ask) so that she can put a note on the form.

Hopefully the results will come back clear and you can put it behind you again.

Hope all goes well with the chemo Carolyn.

Take care.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Suzie

I am just about to start chemo and thought I'd be a good girl and together with nagging letters from health authority had a smear test last week. I asked the.nurse a similar question as at the time I hadn't had a period for 4 months possibly because of Tamoxifen ( although maybe the smear test started them as period has now come with a vengeance). The nurse said the hormones shouldn't affect results as a smear looks for abnormal cells and not hormones.

God the things we put our bodies through! Hope this might help a little
Carolyn. Xx

Smear test

I am 2 years on from Dcis going for my first smear test tomorrow. I am really worried that this going to come back abnormal ! Can taking tamoxifen have anything to do with the result?
Suziex