370434posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snow Watch!

Twinky68

Re: Snow Watch!

Throws a big snowball at Cromercrab too....

cromercrab

Lots more snow here now! Hurrah

DJ007

Horrid sleet has stopped, but still no snow in north Shropshire.
Still wrapped in a fleecy throw - but swapped the cup of tea for a G&T!

Have fun in the snow tomorrow 😉
Dx

Cackles

Sledging here on the Common in Brill tomorrow. ( the highest village in Bucks- the snow always stays here longer ) Old fertiliser bags are best!!' they were playing ice hockey on Port Meadow in Oxford this lunchtime. Good old River Thames flood plane.

Twinky68

Throws big snowball at Cackles.....chuckles & runs away

Cackles

Snow reached. The Oxfordshire/ Buckinghamshire borders at 5pm . About three inches at present.

Twinky68

Hi

Yes I got home safely. Still snowing hard. Looks a picture outside. I'm guessing that Clare must have a covering by now do hopefully she'll get her ride in the morning! Sorry that Chester & parts of Scotland have missed out. It has hit the south coast now ( had a text from my brother in Worthing to say it had started). Seems pretty widespread. Wonder what we will all wake up to!

Wrap up warm in the morning & no broken bones please!

Twinky x

katytc

Heavy rain most of the day in Perth & Kinross, pavements and side roads lethal, now thick fog xx

Lavenderlassie

Just started to have very fine snow in Mid Sussex

alanaa

Not a drop of snow (what a pleasant change) in Moray, North East of Scotland and none forecast. Just above freezing at present and a wee bit wet.

Take care on the roads if you are affected by snow/ice

Alanaa

ChoccieMuffin

A rather disappointing dusting in Guildford, but who can say what will happen tonight.

Lakeslover

Hi,

Snowing here near Winchester for about the last half hour.

simonwithane

Started snowing in Morley, Leeds about 1pm, now ankle deep, plenty for snowman and angels, love it, 24 year old son not amused and informs me I need to grow up some, hahaha! He wishes, now pass me those two spuds and a carrot!!!

Nicky65

I think the snow has passed us over...as usual in Chester! It has poured constantly all day - we won't be sledging here Tomorrow, it'll be ice skating instead. As a compromise we have some beautiful icicles hanging from our window sills, even the wheely bins are decorated with stalactites of ice! For those of you who like snow! (I love it!)and are lucky enough to have some hope you have some lovely snowy walks/fun in the snow.

clare83

Snowing here now, between guildford and epsom.

judyduddy

Just started snowing in SE London.
Twinky you home yet?
xxx

sappho

Started snowing about 1pm.

10cms of snow in Buxton now. Brrr

Wendy

potmaid

Hi Twinky,
Hope you are nearly home.......sounds like its following you down to Warwickshire. I am about 20 miles from there. Snowing steadily but not big flakes.....
Keep safe, glad ur not posting when driving lol

Clare xxx

wacky_racer

Now snowing in central London!

Twinky68

On the M40 heading south now. Road on a bad way, down to mainly single lane traffic. I hasten to add it's hubby driving not me, hence the ability to post on the move!

This must be heading down into Oxfordshire then. Watch out ladies.

Twinky x x

Tina46

Light dusting in North Wiltshire now! That bottle of Mulled Wine left over from Xmas looks tempting but I am doing Slimming World at the moment.....

Twinky68

Hi Clare

I how that you will! On the M42 now and the outside lane is barely passable. Not reached the M40 yet. Still snowing very hard.

Twinky x

nicky08
Community Champion

We've been in Berkshire, Surrey and Hants today - not as long a trek as you'd imagine though. No snow in Berkshire but started in Surrey about an hour ago, very light dusting. Got home to Hants and, again, a very light dusting but salted the driveway anyway as we can't go anywhere on our ungritted lane if we can't get out of the driveway!
Nicky x

Fairy1518

No snow here, just ice cold rain (Preston, Lancs) - was soooooo looking forward to some of the white fluffy stuff, big kid that I am!! And yes, LL Lisa, heard 'too cold to snow' many times, lol x

judyduddy

Snow not reached London yet.
Kids are pressed up at the window eagerly waiting.
xxx

potmaid

Hi
Snowing in oxfordshire now, only light covering but its snowing steadily........

Perhaps I will get my trip down the slopes 🐵

Clare xxx

Alto

Just driven home from Milton Keynes where it had started to snow, through Olney and home to Turvey where it had been snowing while we were out but has now almost stopped. Somehow I don't think that'll be the last of it...

So that's Bucks and Beds to add to the list!

Jane xxx

Edit - snowing harder now.

Twinky68

M6 through Birmingham is a slushy mess. M5 similar, not reached the M42 yet. Been snowing non stop since this afternoon. Not looking like stopping anytime soon!

Twinky * * *

kiwijan

Can't wait! We've got a roaring fire, glass of red and rugby on TV - bliss!

X

queen_of_retai

Just started snowing in Farnham, Surrey!!
I've lit the fire, got some soup cooking .......not going anywhere!!
X

kinsse

No snow in Hertfordshire yet, but just cooked a lovely hot chilli for this evening

Welsh_girl

Snow hasn't reached the SE yet.... but I am preparing myself!!!
Just cooked a small stirfry and the lid fell off the chilli pot...
Wow, am I feeling warm!
Might just nip out without my coat to cool down or suck on an ice cube!???!

Hope everyone is keeping warm and toasty....

AnnieK68

We've got it in Derby now .... Our daft cat is running around the garden shouting at the snow .... His brother is sat on the radiator (clever cat!)

Twinky68

Hi

Just visiting a very snowy Dudley, West Mids. Will head home soon and sit by the fire!

Twinky x x

vodka_girl

Snowing off and on all day in Hereford everything is nice and white I'm not ashamed of my garden now lol!!!

Angelfalls

Been snowing non-stop all day in South Wales! Films on tv, chain-drinking hot tea and mochas with blanket and cat on knees! Lovely!! Angelfalls xx

SadieL

Worcester looking very white too!!

8 8 8 8 8 8 8

A line of snowmen!!!!

Sadie Xx Xx

DJ007

Nasty icy sleet in north Shropshire.

I've got the fire on full, a fleecy throw, a nice cup of tea and the rugby - but the cat keeps prancing in from the cold kitchen and leaving the door open Grrrr!

Dx

weme

It's snowing quite heavily in gloucestershire and settling nicely,

AlexD

Its been snowing in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire for about an hour now. It is settling. Forecast is for several inches today.

ChoccieMuffin

None in guildford yet but it's brass monkeys outside!

wacky_racer

Nothing "down south" LOL yet.
Bang in the middle of London.

3network3

Pouring rain in the Highlands of Scotland

Kellc

Snowing here in Newton Aycliffe,Co Durham
Big flakes laying a little

cromercrab

Whispy flakes in coventry

junieliz

Hi all, we have flakes in Worksop, Notts, just starting, going to make a warm drink, love junieliz x

Nicky65

Absolutely pouring in Chester, freezing cold rain, we had a little sleet earlier and the pavements were a bit slushy, but that's all been washed away.

Enjoy the snow those of you who get some! I hope to enjoy some looking out onto it with nowhere to go - all snuggled up, safe and warm inside.

jackx

Snowing near Bath now, the road is getting whiter and the flakes are getting bigger!!!
Keep warm everyone!!! xxx

tommyticklemou

hey doxey,

light snow here in barnsley , south yorkshire too.

the cats are on window ledge trying to get the little flakes of snow.

doxey

Light snow just started falling here in Sheffield, South Yorkshire