Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Fed Up

2 REPLIES 2
valkeh

Re: So Fed Up

Dear NBF,
Sorry to hear you are struggling. We all know how you feel but stay positive! It is another battle!
Big hugs from me who maybe will have Taxol in the following weeks....
Valia
x x x
millykins01

Re: So Fed Up

Hi Notbreastfreind
I am also on Taxol for secondaries as well as Avastin & Zolitronic acid. I am given steroids for the first 3 days to combat sickness even though it isn't usually a sicky chemo I did get some sickness with it and these really help my energy for those days which are the worst in terms of energy usually so they can definitely give steroids with it so it might be worth asking. I can also sympathise with you having young children though I only have one daughter of 6. I was due to have 18 sessions on the 3 on 1 off weekly cycles. My onc has actually carried on with chemo after this & I am still on it & am due to have my 24th dose on Friday. I didn't use the cold cap & at the beginning my hair did start to fall out quite quickly but then that slowed down and my hair has actually started to grow again so I am very glad I didn't shave it all off like 1st time around!!!!. This may of course just be me??? but hopefully there's quite a chance you won't loose all your hair. It is very thin & whispy now but not patchy & I do not bother with wigs or hats though I do get some looks sometimes. but it is better than being completely bald as I was on FEC T

Early on I struggled to sleep with the stress of everything but I asked my doctor for some diazepam & found that really helped me sleep without the horrid groggy feeling in the mornings that I had with traditional sleeping tablets & it has the bonus of chilling you out a bit from the stress too. Now I occasioanlly take Nytol if I feel I need it. I hope that things are working well for you. waiting for the first scan after treatment starts isn't easy but if your blood markers are showing improvement then that is good. I hope that helps Jo

Guest user
Not applicable

So Fed Up

I am due my 4th Taxol tomorrow having it weekly for secondaries to Livers, lung and Bone. I hate Chemo fed up with not having the energy levels I used to have and am only on 4th of 18 what will I be like towards the end. Feeling low mouth has constant horrible taste cant taste certain foods unless they have a spice or sttrong flavour, lost hair as cold cap did not work. On plus side bloods are improving each week so that must mean chemo doing something i suppose???? I have 2 kids aged 7 and 4 and just taking them to school is a energy drainer, not sleeping at night which is adding to it go to bed and mind goes into overdrive and constant wake throughout night. Can anyone give me tips on how to increase energy can we ask for steriods or something???

Sorry for moan one of those days

NBF xxx