Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I've met my goal!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: So I've met my goal!

Keep going girl!!

As a mum, of girls similar in ages to you, myself I just want to say how proud you make me feel. And so on behalf of all your female relatives and everyone on here I just want to say Well Done for coming through all that you have had to deal with. Thank you for coming back to tell us - giving inspiration to many. Every good wish for a long, happy and healthy life  

Sian xxx

Highlighted

I've just logged on today to see all of your lovely posts!! Thank you! 🙂

I wish everyone else who are working towards their personal goal the very best! Xx

Highlighted

Well done Emily ,

Your Mum would have been so proud of you coping with all the operations and reconstruction, especially at such a young age , but like you say finding the small lump early will potentially give you a much longer life span than any of your previous female relatives. Well Done and thanks so much for posting 5 years on. May you be happy and healthy. Sending you lots of love Tracy xxx

Highlighted

What an inpspiration you are  -well done!I wish you all the very very best for  a long  and healthy life ahead!

Naz xxxx

Highlighted

Emily, SO very many congratulations to you, for reaching your goal, for getting through the side effects, for coping with the body and emotional changes we all face at such a young age .  I do hope in your next five years you can get to a place where BC and your mastectomies are part of your history but just a part and the rest of you is what you truely wish and hope for.

very very best of luck - I'm sure all the other women lost to BC from your family would be SO SO proud of you.

N

Highlighted

Wow that is one of the best stories I have read on here so so pleased for you. The best thing is that although you are 5 years on you have taken the trouble to come back on to this website and tell us all, it is such a help for the people currently going through treatment.
All the very best of luck to you in whatever you do now.

Steph xx
Highlighted

Good for you, Emily! 

Highlighted

you're an amazing woman. Hope i can be so upbeat 4 years from now. I thought i was young at 36 - but 22!!!!! keep on going and i wish you all the best xxx
Highlighted

Wow your story is very moving.... mixed with sadness and joy, you are an inspiration to any one going through this awful disease.
I hope you carry on being as strong and determined, and have a long and happy life
Maggie x
Highlighted

Emily you're an inspiration. Good luck with all you choose to do with your life xxx
Highlighted

Certainly time to celebrate Emily. Currently 5 years from now seems an age away for me but I hope to celebrate just as much as you. xxxx
Highlighted

Thats wonderful news, so happy for you...
Jan x
Highlighted

Brilliant to read. You have had a difficult few years when many about you will have been partying and all that the early 20's brings.
Now you can move into the next phase knowing you have won a long battle. Your mum would be pleased and proud, I am sure.
Here's to a long and healthy future!
Highlighted

So I've met my goal!

Hello my name is Emily and 5 years ago today was the WORST ay of my whole life, I was diagnosed with breast cancer at just 22 years old.
the cancer was very small, only 9mm and officially classed as grade 2 although 90+% of the cancer was only grade 1. I had a mastectomy on each side (as I have a strong family history of bc) and zoladex and 5 years tamoxifen. I was given the choice to have chemo but was told that my operation and hormone drugs should do it!
in some ways I'm lucky as for me I was always going to get breast cancer as I have a genetic fault, I'm lucky because my mum, gran, great gran and her mother all passed away while very young and I can say 5 years on that I'm fine, healthy and loving life!
its been a real struggle, I Sufferd terrible side effects while on tamoxifen and zoladex combined, I went from a slim 22 year old to a boob less fat 22 year old, mood swings depression, bloody horrible hot flushes and water retention, i couldn't have intimate relations and it was just awful. BUT I got through it, came off zoladex, had my reconstruction and life became normal again. I finished my last pack of tamoxifen last week too :).
5 years on, and boy it has gone quick, and I'm so pleased I got here with no reoccurrence, although I have been through many scares! This is a massive milestone for me, I don't feel I have got trough it just for me but I have done it for my mum as well who died at just 32.
I reached my goal....woohoo, what a feeling! 🙂
good luck and loads of love to anybody going through it and suffering at the moment
Emily x x x