cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

So back in the whirlpool

25 REPLIES 25

Re: So back in the whirlpool

Hi Nanny Sal 

Thanks for reply.  Hope you get an appointment soon.will keep following.

Take Care  Butterfly x

Patty I am so pleased for you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas xxx

Yay results in discharged from oncology, have to post in any triple negative survivors thread.pWoman LOL

Hi Patty, Good Luck with results tomorrow. I hope you get the best early Christmas present....the all clear πŸ˜€

I'm still waiting for an appointment to come through for an MRI scan. Feeling a bit fed up! Just wish they could work out what this area on breastbone is. Then I can start moving on! I'm fed up of constantly worrying about every ache and pain πŸ˜’

Was really hoping that all this would of been sorted before the end of the year. Then maybe 2016 could of been a fresh start. But now it looks like 2016 will be starting with more scans and results πŸ˜’ Just hope I get the all clear soon xxx 

Thanks for asking nanny sal, CT done, only 4 stabs to get a canula in, some pretty bruises.

only need to wait till Wednesday for results, still holding my breath a bit, isn't waiting just the pits! Hope you get all your tests sorted and done, hugs and best wishes to you

Hope the CT went okay Patty. Fingers crossed for good news, so you can have a fantastic Christmas 😘

Congratulations on  the new house πŸ˜ƒ xx

Hi Butterfly, thanks for the lovely post πŸ˜‰ I am not sure now if they are going to do the bone biopsy?! They want to do an MRI first?! They also want to scan my head πŸ˜” Not sure why, but hoping that the MRI might explain what the lesions on the breastbone are, and that hopefully I won't need the biopsy!! 

As for working, yes I am still working. Although I have changed jobs. I am now looking after a beautiful little 9month old girl πŸ˜ƒ She is a proper little whirlwind πŸ˜€ but great fun.

i still miss my old charges but I do get to see them regularly, and instead of nagging them I get to have great fun with them πŸ˜ƒ 

I hope you are doing okay. I have great respect for all you ladies who cope with the hormone treatments. Sadly I wasn't strong enough! But I think stopping was the right decision for me. I feel much happier, even with all this rubbish going on! 

Hope ps you have a lovely Christmas with your family πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ„πŸ˜˜ xx

Hi ladies, got the keys to new house yesterday, old one on the market today. Need to be up early tomorrow CT  8:45.  

Just got to get through till results 23rd, still whirling, so pleased got house(been on the go since Feb) but really worried re results, when will this d*mn disease leave me alone

Morning Nanny Sal

Just logged on cos i have been following this thread and knew you had appt. yesterday.  We had treatment similar time a few years back.  As you say not a resounding 'see you in another year' but clear CT is great news.  Keep posting to let us know how you go with the bone biopsy.  I suspect i may look like a new women if i stopped the Letrazole.  My Consultant prescribed Tamoxifen for 2 years then Letrazole...... The five minutes before i get out of bed is the best then i hobble around like a 90 yr old.  The only thing that eases the pain and stiffness for me is swimming.  But 3.1/2 years on from diagnosis. son married and lovely Grandson so am grateful for all the stretched NHS has offered me... 

Hope you are still working.  I used to love hearing about you're little charges.  Kids give a different perspective to life. 

Take Care  Butterfly x

Well I had a mixture of news. On one hand good in that the CT scan was clear, other than in the breastbone area that had lit up on the bone scan. 

So so they have now decided they would like to do a bone biopsy to try and find out if this is cancer πŸ˜• BUT on a plus, if it is cancer it is currently contained in just the one spot, so in theory treatable πŸ˜‰ So it wasn't the complete all clear that I was hoping for. But there's still hope!

so feeling a little sorry for myself, but I'm sure I will soon bounce back! On a plus Oncologist said I was like a different woman, since coming off the Tamoxifen! πŸ˜‰ No suggestion that I should go back on it πŸ˜‰ so that was good πŸ˜‰ xx

Good luck with your biopsy tomorrow Nancy, I hope it goes well, and fingers crossed you get the results soon xx

Distractions abound for me now, am completing on a new house purchase next week, that came quick! CT booked for the 18th not looking forward to hunt the vein game, but have stocks of arnica in as usually have several punctures!

The joys we have to experience

Glad you're feeling less anxious now Patty and the news seems to be good.

That's great news Pat πŸ˜ƒ let's hope we can both get good news for Christmas πŸ˜‰ xx

Teat done, not pleasant but done now, on the plus side sounds like nothing nasty going on. Hope the same is true of the CT scan, feeling a lot more optimistic.

Shopping trip lovely they even managed to fit me in for a lovely massage, good day on balance.

Hope everyone else's day went well too.

Pat

Good Luck with your test today, hope it goes okay. Then enjoy your shopping trip πŸ˜‰ always good to have something to look forward to πŸ˜‰ xx

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you nanny sal. I've got my appointment 23rd here's hoping for a happy Christmas for me and mine but feeling a bit pessimistic to tell the truth.

Hoping to complete new house purchase on the 16th sad that the excitement has been marred by this d*mn disease.

Am anaesthetising with wine at the mo, test tomorrow I think might be unpleasant but planning shopping trip after to compensate.

Hi Patty, I am on that joyous WAITING FOR RESULTS stage πŸ˜’ Dec 16th is the day!!! Although I'm hoping that on the 14th My BCN might look at my results, find they are clear and call me to tell me πŸ˜‰ Sadly I'm not sure she's bright enough to think of that πŸ˜‹ but worse case scenario is I will find out on the 16th....which isn't too far away!!! 

Good of luck with your busy week. Fingers crossed we can all get some good news before Christmas xx

Not a bad day today, sun was out so long walk with doggy and bacon sarnie half way through. I find it really hard to plan stuff to keep me busy, wishing the time away.

busy next few days with work and an EMG on Tuesday, keep plugging away but feel really anxious.

Hope you ladies are doing well

Hi ladies, just back from my CT scan. So now just the wait for results.

patty I know exactly what you mean. Sadly I think the NHS is stretch to breaking point. Which is why we end up having to chase things up for ourselves. I've come to the conclusion that to them I am no longer a person, but a number on their system. Which is sad. But i think they do they're best under the circumstances. We just need to make sure we follow things up ourselves. I also find that these hospitals assume that we have nothing else going on in our lives, therefore we can arrange things at a drop of a hat. Hmmm not that easy!

sending lots of love to you both xx

Well after some palaver have an appointment for CT on the 18th, the original date I was sent was a week after my oncology appointment! Does it worry anyone else that you spend time sorting these things out yourself, I find it makes me feel quite unsafe and uncared fot

Patty

Hi there Nanny Sal - my biopsy is also for a sternal lesion which has been there ever since my initial diagnosis in June 2014 ... they weren't that concerned until last bone scan showed it had reduced in size which might be due to the tamoxifen working on it, hence the biopsy which is booked now for Friday 11th December.

I agree the waiting is tortuous and the seemingly never-ending issues cropping up can be so difficult to deal with.

I really hope your CT scan puts your mind at rest and everything is okay. xx

Hi ladies, can I join you? Have a CT scan tomorrow. Had a bone scan a few weeks ago, to check out back and hip pain. The back and hip were clear. BUT 2 hotspots showed up on my breastbone! Oncologist didn't seem overly worried and was going to redo the bone scan in 3 months. Since then it was discussed at the MDT meeting and decided that they should do a CT to check there's nothing else going on πŸ˜’ 

Since diagnosis in August 2013,  I just seem to of had one thing after another. I'm trying to stay positive. I had Chemo so in theory any rogue cells were blasted. But feeling very anxious and not sure when I will get the results! 

I feel like this journey is never ending. 

Good Luck to you both, let's hope we all get an early Christmas present of Good News πŸ˜‰ xx

Hi patty - I feel for you as I wait for a bone biopsy appointment, hopefully Friday. I can relate to your comment about life going ok then getting the rug pulled out from under you. I had taken up cycling, nordic walking and joined a local Rock Choir ... really started to feel I was getting the old me back again. It is difficult to cope with the uncertainty, the waiting, the overactive imagination ... and I don't really have anything I can say to make that better other than I understand the emotions and you are not alone.

For me I have found it helpful to know what will be done if the test comes back as metastasis, and I've been told they can operate so I am holding on to that as a positive and taking each day as it comes. I am also throwing myself into crafting which helps me to zone out all those worrisome thoughts.

I hope your scan is sorted soon and the news is positive.

Hi pattymi, 

I am sorry you are going through this difficult time and I am sure some of users will be along shortly to share what they know and offer some support.

In the meantime do call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who can talk to you about this anxious time and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

So back in the whirlpool

ok so bit of a bummer last week. Diagnosed 2010 full treatment, surgery, chemo, rads, been doing ok. Had appointment with onco last Wednesday thought I would be discharged. I have had a squint for the last 18 months being seen by ophthalmics, kept asking could it be anything to do with cancer kept getting oh no.

you guessed it, 30 secs with onc, need to check that out!!! 

Now waiting CT brain and whole body, very slim chance of a recurrence, but, boy am I in a tail spin, any ladies out there can help I'm feeling every emotion under the sun, waiting for test appointment etc feeling really fed up, just had life going ok after several years of blah oh @@@%#Β₯