So hard waiting for results

Hi everyone. Thought I would post because I’m finding it hard right now. My Mum won’t have the results for lymph nodes until Friday and she had her lumpectomy and snb on the 22nd. Just really scared she will have to have another op :frowning: but then I feel bad cos I shouldn’t feel scared because its not happening to me. If the lymph nodes are clear do they normally let you know before the follow up appointment does anyone know xxx

Hi Bumblegirl. The waiting and uncertainty is truly awful. Your mum is very lucky to have such a caring daughter. I really hope all is well and she does not need more surgery. A couple of years ago, my SIL had a lumpectomy and then another surgery after they found lymph node involvement. She is doing well now.:slight_smile:

I don’t know if they will give the results before the appointment. You could always try ringing her breast care nurses - they just might be able to tell you how the pathology is going?

Good luck and sending you both big hugs:)x x

Hi thank you for replying songbird. That’s reassuring about your sister in law that she came through it all fine. Just so scary as you must know. My Mum wants to wait til Friday and doesn’t want to ring them so I have to respect that. And thank you for the compliment. I’m just doing what any daughter would do :slight_smile: xx