74.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many experiences and opinions but still don't know what to do!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: So many experiences and opinions but still don't know what to do!

I can only suggest to see laydies who had different types of reconstruction. You could see and compare which one is the best for you. I saw 6 types of recon but I did not like any of them. So I decided to stay breast free.

Re: So many experiences and opinions but still don't know what to do!

Hi drdspg,

Sorry to hear you find yourself in this situation, if you would like to give our helpline team a call I'm sure they'll be able to support you here. Lines open at 9am tomorrow until 5pm (Mon to Fri) and Sat 10-2. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

So many experiences and opinions but still don't know what to do!

I have no idea what to do- each time I think I know what I should go for I read something that puts me off or I read something really positive about something I had discounted.
A year ago I had a bilateral mastectomy with Strattice and tissue expanders put in (with a plan to review the best option for reconstruction after chemo). I had to have one of the tissue expanders removed due to an infection and am left with a lot of hard scarring.
I am going to be having reconstruction in the summer after my Herceptin has finished but dont know what I should be considering. I'm not even sure that I have enough fat for a DIEP. I just want to look normal again...