So many experiences and opinions but still don't know what to do!

I have no idea what to do- each time I think I know what I should go for I read something that puts me off or I read something really positive about something I had discounted.
A year ago I had a bilateral mastectomy with Strattice and tissue expanders put in (with a plan to review the best option for reconstruction after chemo). I had to have one of the tissue expanders removed due to an infection and am left with a lot of hard scarring.
I am going to be having reconstruction in the summer after my Herceptin has finished but dont know what I should be considering. I’m not even sure that I have enough fat for a DIEP. I just want to look normal again…

Hi drdspg,

Sorry to hear you find yourself in this situation, if you would like to give our helpline team a call I’m sure they’ll be able to support you here. Lines open at 9am tomorrow until 5pm (Mon to Fri) and Sat 10-2. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

I can only suggest to see laydies who had different types of reconstruction. You could see and compare which one is the best for you. I saw 6 types of recon but I did not like any of them. So I decided to stay breast free.