cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much pain :-(

14 REPLIES 14
Sinfullyd

Re: So much pain :-(

Hi Susan. I have been prescribed codeine for the pain and am taking 8 a day with paracetamol and ibuprofen on top of that. I am going to insist on a biopsy whether they think it cancer or not as have seen people misdiagnosed before. I just want to have an answer on Monday. Not a complete answer but just someone to say yes we think it is or no we don't think it is. The waiting is the worst 😞
ponsmuir

Sinfullyd, hello!
I am sorry to hear you are in pain and so worried. Can Parecetemol help until you get further advice? I had 8 a day in four hourly intervals when I needed it.
Cancer can be painless and silent. It can become uncomfortable and then painful but there are many kind and caring experts out there to advise, if it turns out to be the case that you need support.
I am afraid that there can be a lot of waiting about and often no quick answers to be had. If they take a biopsy on Monday, they will need to culture it to see what they are dealing with and what the best treatment could be. And there are loads.
Bon courage, keep us posted.
Susan
Sinfullyd

Thank you Georgina I really appreciate it xx
ive had a good day today with the kids and have just made sure I'm busy so can't think about it. Pain is manageable today but it seems to be always worse in the evenings. Just 1 more day to get through. Do you or any one for that matter know if I will get an answer on Monday? Will I find out if its cancenote not or will it be more waiting?
Maseo

Hi
Just want to say, with you all the way - tiny steps tiny steps.

Georgina.
Sinfullyd

Thank you Christine. It's reassuring to know that other people have had pain too. Obviously not good for you but you know what I mean lol it makes me think that maybe I'm not going crazy and I am actually feeling this pain. I'm off to my daughters school fayre in a mo so that will keep my mind off things for a while and them I'm baking cupcakes this afternoon. i have my own cake and cupcake business and am worried I won't be able to do it for while. Only need to get through today, tomorrow and Monday morning and the I will get some answers. I am starting to panic a little now as it draws closer but I know that's just natural.

thank you for everyone's responses. I really appreciate it x
ChristineP

Hi Sinfullyd,
Just a few more days - perhaps you could try to do some things now that distract you, and that you enjoy.
My BC did hurt at the start - and i found that the stress of the investigations and then the diagnosis made it very much worse. Once my treatment started for me the pain got less very quickly.
wishing you the very best.

Chrisine

maggiemay22

Rant all you want sinfullyd!

I read somewhere (it may have even been on here) "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst".

It isn't long now until your clinic appointment and you'll have more idea then what you're dealing with. They may not come straight out and say they think it's cancer. I was told that the lump was "rather worrying." I had blood in the fluid they drained from a lump in the other breast and was told "it could mean something" but that lump was benign.

Do something nice at the weekend and let us know how you get on on Monday xx
Sinfullyd

Thanks for the support guys. I know I shouldn't think the worst but I find it's better to be prepared.
Pain is a bit better today which is good. Only the weekend to go now and then I should have a better idea what I'm dealing with. I posted this same post on another breast cancer website and got people saying that the pain sounds muscularskleltal. I really don't think it is. I'm pretty sure I would know the difference between pain in my boob and pain in my bones. air really annoyed me that people say it can't be cancer cause cancer doesn't hurt!!! I have read enough posts to tell me that YES it can hurt!!! Sorry to rant x
Melrose15

Hi Sinfullyd. Just realised I replied to you on an earlier thread, so sorry to repeat myself. Sorry to read you are still in pain. Just the weekend to get through and you'll be at the clinic. Try and plan something nice. The suns threatening to come out, make the most of it while ut lasts
Guest user
Not applicable

i had a netball injury, elbow in boob and thought it was just swelling from that but lump didnt go, and went to GP who said it didnt seem like anything sinister ......but protacol was to get scan within 2 weeks and bingo 4 weeks later i have had a lumectomy and sent node biosy 2 days ago and facing radiotherapy. i dont think i will need chemo but i dont know til results in 10 days. i am still in shock, and am low today as uncomfortable (all right in pain) from op.
Melrose15

Hi. I had a lot of pain, just as you describe. I made the mistake of prodding and poking my 'bad' boob which didn't help as it swelled up and I took myself off to casualty thinking it was going to burst!! As with all lumps, bumps and pains until you've been to the clinic and had a mammo, ultrasound and possible biopsies no one can tell wether its BC so please don't think the worse just yet.
Take someone with you on Monday for support until then take the painkillers and try not to prod and poke! Good luck and here's hoping its nothing serious xx
geordiex

I did'nt have any pain at all just found a lump x

Sinfullyd

Thank you zusy. I have basically resigned myself to the fact that is cancer do don't worry about scaring me lol yes that's probably how I would describe my pain. Sometimes aching, sometimes stabbing and sometimes nothing at all. It's really bad today as I forgot to take my painkillers to work lol won't be doing that again!
Zuzy

Hi sinfullyd, i don't want to worry you more but pain is a symptom of BC, in fact it was the only symptom I had, no lump that i could feel or anything. mine was just in my breast and was like toothache, sometimes sharp, sometimes achy and sometimes not there at all. Def mention it at the clinic on Monday and good luck with it, let us know how you get on xx
Sinfullyd

So much pain :-(

Hi everyone. I really need some advice. I have an appointment on Monday at the breast clinic for some lumps I have found but what I need advice for is pain!

I have been in pain for 3 weeks now. Been to docs and got painkillers which do help for a while but today it is unbearable. The pain s in my breast, shoulder blade, ribs, and between my breasts (sternum I think?). Has anyone else experienced pain like this and been diagnosed? Everywhere I read it says breast cancer doesn't hurt so if that's the case then what on earth could it be?