So scared 2nd time round...HELP !(sorry about long post)

Hi, Although I think all you lovely ladies are so brave & helpful I selfishly haven’t posted for a while thinking I was in the clear ( I have still been reading your posts).
After my dx in March 2006 (grade 3 agressive, size 3cm dia + no apparent lymph involvement), I had lumpectomy + FEC + radio + tamoxifen + arimidex). 3 weeks ago I returned to my surgeon, saying I was worried about a lump in my armpit, he said it was probably scar tissue & as my mammogram wasn’t due for another year, it was up to me whether I wanted another sooner. I made the appointment, which included ultrasound scan. The first thing I was told was that the mammogram had not changed since the last one (clear), so I was happy about that ! Then came the ultrasound. I could see on the screen a dark patch, then another,3 biopsies were done.Then my stomach turned when I saw a black dense thing in the same area. He did a core biopsy on this one. 2 days after came my results…My lymph glands were infected & another tumour(although small was found near or on my chest wall(not in the same area as the 1st). The consultant said I would need total body mri+ct scan(14 July)& if it had’nt spread he would do a mastectomy + reco. If it had spread he would not consider an operation. Now I am thinking all sorts as you can imagine. I know there are ladies on here that have been through similar & would love to hear from them. At the moment I am frantically looking for things to boost my immune system before the scans, as I have not felt well at all since Xmas & lost about 2 stone(no appetite & aching joints etc). I am just wondering, if it wasn’t apparent on my mammogram, just how long has it been back! Trying to be positive but so difficult as I have convinced myself it’s spread…HELP

Hi Lezhop,
so sorry you have had to come back, you know you will get plenty of support here, to help you through whatever they propose this time. At least they took things seriously and are checking everything properly. In the mean time all I can offer you is cyber hugs and positive thoughts
Take care
Maria

Thank you Maria, I have noticed you are on so many threads & can see you have been so much help to so many, take care & hugs back xxx

same hugs coming from me, as you will know from before, waiting for tests amd results is horrific, take care of yourself

Vickie

ps, thats not a long post, i have done 2 pagers before now!

Hi lezhop

I am sorry to read that you have this worry and just wanted to say that you are welcome to call our helpline for further support if you feel this would help you, the line is open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2 on 0808 800 6000.

Take care
Lucy

Thank you & I have so many questions (especially after 3rd appointment came through!!)…thought it was going to be 1 scan , now 3 in a week !, just can’t get my head around things right now :frowning:
Get the feeling they know something I don’t…& are not communicating. Sorry I sound so negative but the breast care nurse 1st time round said it was dcis, so very surprised at the appointment for pre chemo tests etc…so not much trust. I feel so weak at the moment (along with my painful feet/legs…not arimidex !)It is so unlike me & I am so angry xxx

Hi Lezhop

Firstly sorry you have found yourself in this position. I really feel for you, the waiting and wondering is always the hardest part and it is very difficult not to imagine the worst! (I wasn’t going to respond to you at first, even though I read this and felt for you, as I didn’t want you to read about people who have had bad news!) However I then thought that you are in the position I was in with my primary BC, I had a tumour and quite extensive node involvement and I was given all the scans you mentioned and they all came back clear 3 years ago!

I don’t believe that the medics etc know something that they’re not telling you, it’s more a case of them being thorough and doing their job properly and ensuring that they know as much as possible about your body and hormone status etc before they start any treatment. It does take time, I am still in the process of having scans etc after secondary diagnosis in April! (long story…:frowning: )

If it’s any consolation my GP was told of my possible’diagnosis’ immediately after my nuclear bone scan and phoned me the next working day to inform me, so it might be a case of no news is good news…fingers crossed anyway!

Take care and keep us informed of how you’re getting on,

Nicky xx

Thank you Nicky, it sounds like you have certainly been through it too. My 1st appointment now is 9th July (thorax abdo pelvis)then on the 14th nm whole body. Not completely sure what all this means, but hate the thought of being injected with even more unatural stuff !
Since being diagnosed with the recurrance I have aches & pains all over (feet are the worst) & am trying very hard to put the spread thing to the back of my mind. I know this is probably normal, but because of it I feel so drained.xxx