So scared for my daughter

Hello, my daughter found a lump on her breast and was put in for an urgent referral to the breast clinic which means she is supposed to be seen within 2 weeks. Anyway the waiting has been agonising and she is only 23 with a 3 year old son, and I don’t know what it must be doing to her state of mind. Anyway it’s just so frustrating at the moment as tomorrow will be the end of the 2 weeks and she has phoned them again today and they still haven’t got an appointment for her, so it’s pretty torturous at the moment. Is there anything else we can do to get an appt date confirmed or anything else I can do to help her as at the moment we have just been trying to do things to take her mind off it, so scared at the moment :frowning:

Dear Chrissie,

I’m so sorry you and your daughter are having this worry. To be kept waiting when she had an urgent referral is unacceptable. I can only suggest that you keep pestering them. You or your daughter could also try ringing the free helpline on here - 0808 800 6000. They are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm 
Saturday, 10am-2pm, but you should get through tomorrow to ask for advice from the very experienced nurses on there.

Best Wishes

poemsgalore xx

Fabulous news. X