Did you mean: 

So scared for my daughter

9 REPLIES 9
jh16

Re: So scared for my daughter

Fabulous news. X
poemsgalore

PHEW!! So relieved and pleased for you both. Take care.

poemsgalore xx

Chrissiep2009

Very very good news, she had an ultrasound and was told it was a fibrodenoma, and she just needs to go back if it gets any bigger so no further treatment is required, the relief is immense and I feel so grateful. Thank you ladies for your support on here, and I wish you all the best on your hopefully short journeys 🙂 xxx
poemsgalore

Hi Chrissie,

Thinking of you and your daughter today and praying for a good outcome. Please let us know when you have any news.

poemsgalore xx

Chrissiep2009

Hello, she finally got an appointment at the hospital tomorrow after 4 weeks since the initial referral, and the worry hasn't been too bad the past few days, but tonight we are all feeling the anxiety and I am just praying for a good result tomorrow, don't know what we gonna do if we have to wait some more for test results, I am trying not too think about it to much, thanks for your support and good luck and best wishes to all you ladies in the waiting room xx
poemsgalore

So sorry you've not heard yet chrissie, but I don't think you can do anything about your daughter feeling scared. I'm sure she is, even though she might be hiding it from you as she won't want you to be worried either. I should talk honestly to her and get both your feelings and hers out into the open. 

Sending super big hugs and hope you hear soon.

poemsgalore xx

Chrissiep2009

and still haven't had the appoinment come through yet, even though my daughter phoned them again on Friday and today and I have also sent emails to Pals at the hospital and they said they would get back to me as soon as they have heard back from the appointments team. I know that waiting that extra few days won't make any difference to the outcome, but the waiting is torturous. I keep going to bed each night hoping they will be ringing in the morning with an appointment the same day or the next day. I just don't want my daughter to be scared 😞

Chrissiep2009

Thank you so much for the reply, I try not to talk to my daughter about it as I don't want her thinking about it, so it's good to be able to air my fears on here. Just hope the hospital rings tomorrow, but it will be another weekend to get through until the appointment, the bank holiday weekend was bad enough 😕 x
poemsgalore

Dear Chrissie,

I'm so sorry you and your daughter are having this worry. To be kept waiting when she had an urgent referral is unacceptable. I can only suggest that you keep pestering them. You or your daughter could also try ringing the free helpline on here - 0808 800 6000. They are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm 
Saturday, 10am-2pm, but you should get through tomorrow to ask for advice from the very experienced nurses on there.

Best Wishes

poemsgalore xx

Chrissiep2009

So scared for my daughter

Hello, my daughter found a lump on her breast and was put in for an urgent referral to the breast clinic which means she is supposed to be seen within 2 weeks. Anyway the waiting has been agonising and she is only 23 with a 3 year old son, and I don't know what it must be doing to her state of mind. Anyway it's just so frustrating at the moment as tomorrow will be the end of the 2 weeks and she has phoned them again today and they still haven't got an appointment for her, so it's pretty torturous at the moment. Is there anything else we can do to get an appt date confirmed or anything else I can do to help her as at the moment we have just been trying to do things to take her mind off it, so scared at the moment 😞