So scared

Hello, i guess I’m just putting the feelers out there as i have no one else to talk to as i don’t want any of my family worrying.
So usually i check my breasts when i think about it so every now and again. last sunday i found a pea sized lump at the top of my left breast. No idea how long its been there. It doesn’t hurt or move!

I went straight to the docs next day and have been referred to the breast clinic which has been arranged for a week tomorrow.
Im 26 with 2 young children and i am so so scared! I keep imagining my kids growing up without me and thats what hurts the most.
My husband is so laid back. Has the attitude of “there’s no point worrying about something you don’t know is there yet” I’d love to have that way of thinking lol

If anything this whole experience has made me appreciate everything i have in my life.

hi Minnie,
Welcome to the forum, although, obviously you would rather not feel a need to post here.
The anxiety when waiting is always the pits & its normal for the mind to go into overdrive whilst waiting. Do avoid general googling as it really does not help.
Thankfully you have done the right thing by getting it checked out, but of all the things it can be, bc is the LEAST likely especially in someone of your age. From seeing posts here, getting the all clear is the normal outcome for young women.
Do look at the ‘have I got breast cancer’ section for others going through the same. There is a thread currently for those waiting for their initial breast clinic appointment.
take care
ann x