So scared

I have found a lump on the inside of my left breast today while i was putting cream on. I am 48 and my mum is a BC survivor. Its just on the inside of my breast where it meets/touches the other one in the cleavage area. The lump feels slightly linear and flattish and is about 1cm in diameter. I have made an appointment to see my GP tomorrow. The lump was painless and there are no other visual changes to my breasts. Feels more tender now though as I have been feeling it. I can get it between my fingers and it feels quite hard. Trying hard to keep my emotions in check but…

Dear Catlady

I am sorry that no one has been on to answer you, I feel sure that will happen soon.  I hope your appointment with your GP went well.  If you have been referred to a breast clinic you may find more support and others to read your posts in the board about appointments and waiting for test results where people who have been referred can talk about what it may be like with those who have already been there.  There is some useful information as well about being referred to a breast clinic.  As always we have our Helpline and Ask the Nurse services if you would like to talk to one of our trained team by phone or by email.

In the meantime

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Hi cat lady ,it is very very scary finding a lump particularly when you have had the anxiety of going through Breast cancer with your Mum.Hopefully your G.P has been able to put your mind at rest a little.If your G.P referred for further tests it is a very anxious time,but still a good chance it could be nothing to worry about.Hope all turns out well for you.