Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So tired since being diagnosed

6 REPLIES 6
Lucy_BCC

Re: So tired since being diagnosed

Hi Arfur

Welcome to the BCC forums, along with the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through your feelings as they are here to offer you practical and emotional support, lines open 9-5 weekdays and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here's a link to further support services and information about diagnosis and treatments from BCC which you may find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

Apart from the dates I thought I had written this! I had my diagnosis on the 30.10 and lump lymph nodes out on the 28.11, although sore as expected, I just want to cry and sleep now!
poemsgalore

Hi

I had my mastectomy last December, since then I've had chemo. I didn't cry until I'd finished my chemo. It was a photo of myself with hair and 2 boobs that made me cry because I realised I'll never look the same again.

Sending hugs and best wishes.

Poemsgalore xx

maxy-moo

Hi jcon - i was diagnosed 24.9.13 and has lumpectomy on 16th oct - although the cancer has been removed with clear margins - part of it was invasive so i am back on 25th for biopsy on lymph node. I still havent cried. I too am not sleeping well. Good luck for tomorrow & if you break down it may be a good thing. Take care x
jcon130

Hi revcat, thank you for your support. I have my pre op on the 17/10/13 I will mention the lack of sleep then.I may be a little better then. It may become real then. But thanks again. Will keep you posted.

RevCat

Oh jcon big, big hug!  What you are describing is absolutely normal and reminds me how I felt when I was diagnosed three years ago.  It felt like I was in some weird bubble - terrified and numb, but not at all weepy.  Some people cry; some people scream; some people are numb; some people are... well you get my drift.  There is no one 'right' way to be.

About the sleep - or lack thereof - ask your GP or consultant for some sleeping pills.   I don't think I slept more than a few hours between my diagnosis and the day I asked my oncologist for some two weeks later.  I had never taken them before and have never done since, but just to get a couple of proper nights sleep was really important.  There is no shame in asking for them, and your doctors should not be surprised that you do.

Three years on I think I've only cried twice in relation to my dx - once when I had my waist length hair cut prior to starting chemo, and one night when I was about half way through my chemo.  I am now fit, well, happy and healthy, have embraced short hair and still hang around here to try to support other women starting out on this path.

Hope all goes well with your surgery.  Another big hug, which you can save for later if you prefer 🙂

jcon130

So tired since being diagnosed

Can anyone help, I was diagnosed 2.10.13 I have not been sleeping very well, consequently I feel so tired all the time. Is there anyone who has felt the same. Also my friends and family have broke down in tears when I've told them. Is it normal that I have not cried. I have my wle on 22.10.13. I am dreading this being the time when I do break down.  Maybe I'm just abnormal.