Re: So upset

I am so sorry 😞 my love & condolences to you all

Mekala x

honeybee121

RIP kaz xx

GingerLaces

Thanks for letting us know Laura. Can't stop thinking about her such a waste. Adi

laura64

Today is kaz36 funeral pls kp this lovely lady in your thoughts xx

Lemongrove

With respect, would it be possible to separate the condolences mentioned here into the thread started by Karen Dunns sister. Don't know about others, but I feel it would be more respectful to devote a thread to this tragic news, rather than it being linked to Laura's original thread. I just feel it would be a mark of respect to Karen's memory and her family.

icare11

Hello,

Even though I didn't know Karen I just want to say to her family and friends you'll be in my prayers. I will pray for your strength in this time of lost. Love you

With deepest sympathy,
icare xx

bertie

So sorry to hear the very sad news about Karen. My love and thoughts are with Guy and all her family and friends.

Marina xx

daisyleaf

So sad and sorry to hear about Karen. Sending love to all her family and friends xxx

horace

So very sorry to hear of the loss of another lovely woman to this awful disease.My condolences to Karen's family and friends.

Valx

DebiSmillie

hi guys

this is karens sister you are all so kind leaving your messages. i want to second what Guy said and thank you all for supporting her

Debi xxx

Nicky65

I am so sorry to hear such dreadful news. I am very shocked at the speed of her progression and am so sorry to hear that she and Guy weren't able to spend more time together. I never met Kaz in person, but will remember her fondly from here. My heart goes out to Guy and her friends and family. Such tragic news!
I send sincere condolences to all that knew her!

Nicola xx

ickleme123

I too feel so lucky to have met Karen a couple of times, and chatted on facebook with her often. I have just been reading her facebook page - the tears are flowing for a lovely lady who is no longer with us.
Guy my heart goes out to you and your family, she loved you all so very much.
I will always remember the giggles we all had in the Haven, her big heart and her wonderful smile

Tracey xxxxxxx

janet1956

so sorry to hear about karen,my thoughts are with her family and everyone who knew karen.xx

GingerLaces

So sorry to hear of your loss Guy - Such sad news. Can picture Karen's smiley face and can't stop the tears. Hang onto those lovely memories Guy. RIP Karen. Adi x

honeybee121

im really sorry to hear this kaz was 1 of the first ppl to talk to me she was a very nice person and will be missed
thought are with you guy and family on this said time
maz xxx

francesw

All sympathies to Karen's family and friends - we linked on PMs and she was a lovely person to chat to in this way and so sorry to hear about her rapid decline Gary. Thoughts are with you all and thank you so much for your lovely message and for sharing your positive thoughts with us at this sad time.
RIP Karen
Fran
xxx

moorcow

Hello Guy, and Kaz'z friends,
I am so so sorry Kaz's cancer has turned out this way - I met her many times on the forums as we were diagnosed at the same time, and she was very very lovely to be in touch with. My condolences to you all, Nicola

linda999

I never met her, but from her picture alone she looked a beautiful person. My thoughts are with you.
Lindaxx

Midge

So sad that this has happened and so quickly. Love Debx

salcha66

So so sad, i met for coffee and lunch with Karen a few times she was a big hearted spirited lady who could make anyone laugh.I feel blessed that i got to meet her. My thoughts are with you Guy and your family she loved you all so much .

God bless

Sal x

Lemongrove

This news is just so desperately sad. She did pm me a while back, and struck me as a lovely lady.
I'm so very sorry.

belinda

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I knew Karen was very poorly from some of her last postings.
Thinking of you Guy and my sincere condolences to all Karen's family and friends. Rest in Peace Karen..xx
And thinking of you Laura and all Karen's friends here..xx

barneyb

I am so sad and sorry to hear of your loss. Just wanted to send my condolences to you and Karen's family and friends.
Beverley

Gingerbud

Oh my goodness I am so shocked + sad to read about karen. Such devastating news- I can only say I am so very sorry to hear what has happened. Heartfelt condolences to guy and all Karens family + friends.
RIP Karen
love tina xx

oscarbailey

So sorry for you loss Guy, my condolences to you and Karen's family.
Marguerite

laura64

To all who know Kaz36 (Karen), this is her husband Guy, I am sorry to have to tell you but Karens fight with this terrible disease is almost at an end. I am sat with her in the Hospice watching the life slowly slip away from her body. I have been here for the last 8 days 24/7 and this has to be the worst 2 years of my life since she was diagnosed.

All I will say is never give up hope, you never know whats round the corner. Plus what didnt work for Karen may work for you so never ever give in.

All I can take from this terrible experience is I have never met a more courageous woman or someone with such a big heart as Karen. Even with this disease she never stopped trying to help others.

I am just gutted not to have got to do all we had planned together.

I will carry her memories with me forever and remember the best ten years we had together as husband and wife.

I know a lot of you on here befriended Karen and helped her cope through some of the hard times and that I can only thank you for being her friend. Take Care. Guy

laura64

Hi sadly the lady as passed away rip xx

bertie

Hi Laura,

I was in a similar situation to you this time last year. A friend who I met during my primary diagnosis, we went through our initial operations, chemo and rads together, was diagnosised with secondary bc last April, 2010, I had been ddiagnosed with lung mets 6 months earlier, my poor friend only lived 2 months and died in June last year, so as you can imagine I was devastated and assumed at the time I was going the same way but fortunatelyI am doing fine am my lung secondary is stable with hormone treatment. All our cancers are very individual, some more aggressive than others and we all responding differently to treatments, and there are many treatments available to us as you will have seen on this site. I think I may be having cyberknife treatment soon, just waiting to here from a third consultant as my tumour is near the heart, so fingers crossed. I know you will feel so upset about your friend at the moment as I was but you will start to look forward and see on this site many of us living good lives for many years. Do pm me if you want to.

Love Marina xx

Lemongrove

I'm so sorry to read about your friend, and that you have been upset by witnessing the deterioration of a person who seems to have similar health concerns to your own.
There is no point in me saying try not to worry, because it's only natural to worry about something like that. I have bone mets and also worry when I hear awful things. I remember being convinced that I probably only had weeks to live, and would die the most awful death when my husband's cousin reminded me how his mother died. She had secondary BC in the bones (before endocrine therapy or bisphosphonates), and apparently her pelvis simply shattered one day while she was making the bed, and a week later she died in a great deal of pain. The point is that that hasn't happened, because although I have bone mets, that is were the similarity ends. Every cancer is individual, and nobody knows how it will behave.

laura64

Thanks everyone I'm a little better today think the shock just hit me yes she did come on here but I'm waiting for the family to ok her name or her sister to come on and talk to her friends many thanks for your kind words tc laura

Gingerbud

Hi laura
sorry to hear about yur friend- bc can be very cruel + unpredictable 😞 Is yur friend a member of these forums? If so please pass on our love + let he know we are all thinking of her...
Try not to compare your situation to hers as I'm sure there are important differences between your dx's. Some treatments won't work for some but will work wonders for others. Try to stay postive.
Lots of love
tina x

belinda

Hi Laura, as Finty has said many here will know how you feel. It is something I have never found gets any easier. I have now met up and lost many friends to bc. I've never regretted reaching out to others and hope I was as good of a friend to them as they were to me. Know that you were a good friend and we all have very individual cancers that respond in many ways to various treatments. Take Care..x
PS..if your friend is a forum poster I think I may know who she is..very sad to read this..x

Lucy_BCC

Hi Laura

I am sorry to read about your friend and as Nicky has suggested it may help to talk things through with one of our helpliners, the lines are open in the morning from 9am so please do call for more support if you are able to. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Take care
Lucy

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Laura
So sorry to hear about your friend and of course you will be upset, it's the bl**dy awful disease. It's even worse if you have the same type of mets but do remember we are all different and we all respond to treatment differently so there is no reason to think you will be in the same position as her. Maybe try the helpline here to give you some advice or support or, as the others have suggested, search out threads about lung mets which may help you with more specific support. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I do understand how you feel, having got (bone) mets myself.
Nicky

finty

Hi Laura - I am so sorry, all of us with secondaries know a little of how you are feeling, and what a dreadfully scary place it is to be. At times like these when you need some reassurance, it helps to read of others with the same diagnosis that are doing well - the new lung mets thread seems to have quite a few ladies that are doing very well, so maybe pop in there and I'm sure they'll have some comfort for you - and I know a couple others here that have had lung mets and are now NED, so don't give up hope that you can be too. Sending a big hug your way. xxxx

Welsh_girl

Dear Laura,
I can't imagine how you must be feeling.....
How utterly dreadful for you and your friend. It must be like looking into some sort of mirror...

Please let me send you the tightest hug this evening.
I can't tell you it's all going to be alright because I don't know!
I just hope you can eventually feel calmer....
You sound so very upset. I just hope you can talk to someone about your fears.

Welsh girl xx

lazycat

HI laura

I've sent you a PM

laura64

So upset

Just found out a friend i met on here is in a hospice with only days to live she was dx in jan with sec to lungs had chemo but nothing worked cancer spread so fast they cldnt stop it so in 5 months she as gone from all to nothing and as I have same dx I'm so scared won't be here at Xmas I can't stop crying hate this cancer laura