Did you mean: 

Solid Cysts?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Solid Cysts?

Great news! Happy days! xx
Highlighted

Thank you Mel you were right - it isn't cysts I was incredibly lucky the clinic telephoned me with the results this afternoon and they are benign fatty lumps. I've been discharged from the clinic and will just go for my regular screening in 3 years time. Its been a heck of a worrying week but I am so very relieved and happy and so grateful that they rang me so I didn't have to spend the weekend worrying. 

Highlighted

Hi Ramoth,

I have to be honest and say that I always thought cysts were fluid and could be drained there and then. I know, I've had several. It could well be that they looked like cysts, but are something else. Don't jump to the conclusion that it must be cancer though! Most breast lumps are benign.

It could well be that they are harmless fibroadenomas. Or it could be that you have some calcifications. Both of these are benign conditions, though they do keep an eye on calcifications as these can (rarely) become cancerous.

I won't say don't worry, because you will, and that is natural. I will say, do whatever you can whilst you're playing the awful, awful waiting game, to keep your mind occupied. Talk to anyone you feel comfortable with. The helpline is great.

Another piece of advice is don't Google, as the net is full of horror stories and misinformation. Stick to accredited sites like this one and MacMillan etc.

Always come on here if you need to let off steam, or need a shoulder. Wishing you all the best, love Mel. xx
Highlighted

Hi Ramoth

I'm sorry to read you're having a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experience you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can share your concerns with some one who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practial information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Highlighted

Solid Cysts?

I had my breast clinic appointment today and like so many other women I have had a bit of a shock, I have not felt any lumps nor is there any history of breast cancer in my family, this was a call back after my very first mammogram at age 52 around 3 weeks ago. 

The consultant told me they have found a cluster of what he thinks are cysts - he said he wanted an ultrasound to be sure but that he was reasonably sure it wasn't anything serious, the ultrasound Dr came in and said she would try and aspirate the cysts and that should be that, however, she couldn't actually get anything up through the needle so it ended up with me having about half a dozen core biopsies the results of which won't be back for a week. 

I'm now in shock I really wasn't expecting the news to be anything like this - and I'm worried that because they couldn't drain anything that its now less likely to be a cysts. The Dr did say that sometimes "old cysts thicken up" and the biopsy is just to be sure but she was unable to give me the all clear until the results are back. 

I've been googling and reading up on cysts but most of what I have read says that cysts are fluid filled and can be drained, the fact she couldn't get anything up through the needle now makes me wonder if in fact its something else. Does anyone have any experience of solid cysts still being nothing sisister to worry about?