I think you are not getting an urgent appointment because your GP thinks it's nothing to worry about. We all worry, though and the waiting is awful, so perhaps you could call the breast clinic and ask if there is an earlier appointment you could have, or ask them to call you if they have a cancellation?
Try to remember though, that whatever is 'wrong' with your breast, worrying about it won't change anything. Try to keep busy and DON'T google! You've done the right thing going to your GP and she's done the right thing getting it checked, so if it IS (remember 9 out of 10 referals turn out to be benign conditions) cancer you are already on the road to getting rid of it.
Don't forget to let us know how you get on. We're here to celebrate with you or support you as necessary!
you might like to call the helpline on this website. You can email your question and get a call back.
The appointment date seems a bit far away compared to a 14 day referral many of us have and i would definitely question why you are not under this rule.
two things to note - most visits to breast clinic result in all clear. 90 % is quoted. BC does not happen fast or change fast.
The delay is causing you more worry.
you have done the right thing in going to your GP.
I saw my GP about 4 weeks ago after noticing that one breast had quite suddenly got larger than the other. She examined me, and couldn't feel anything really worrying, but agreed that there was definitely more breast tissue on one side than the other. Since she couldn't explain why this would suddenly happen at age 35, she has referred me to the breast clinic just to make sure.
I haven't got an appointment at the breast clinic until 12th March, which seems like forever away.
I was ok with this, except that I've just noticed that the larger breast is now also hanging lower than the other. I am certain it didn't look this way 4 weeks ago. No other changes, no lumps have appeared or anything. I guess it could just the extra weight that means it sits differently, I don't know.
I don't know whether I should go back to the GP or whether I should just wait for my appointment on 12th March or what. I don't want to make a fuss, but I can't help worrying.
This is so horrible. Am I overreacting?