cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something to look forward to

8 REPLIES 8
MAC66

Re: Something to look forward to

Jillybee, your message really made me smile - a real affirmation that there is life after all this!

And I agree with the pretty underwear - even being able to wear something other than the baggy, button through shirts that I've been in since the op (the kind of thing I wore in the 90s before I realised that I didn't have to try to hide my plus-size curves!) has made me feel more normal for the last couple of days. 

x

jillybee

A full shower,especially when you can put the spray under your arms.Another lovely feeling is going back to wearing pretty bras,beng able to dry your hair, and being able to read a book,instead of flicking through magazines .Actually going into town,and shopping.....and getting back behind the driving wheel,and being independent .....😄😄😄😄😄😄😄.....and in my case,going to a festival...😁😁
Demi49

I too have used my new electric razor - a funny thing.  I could see in the mirror that the razor was on my armpit, but not feel it.  Definitely a good idea to use an electric one then!!  I have been showering since 2 days after the op - no problems and the dressing stayed in place.

MAC66

Hey Sharon

Isn't 'getting a life' what this is all about!? Don't feel a saddo. My armpit is deinitely smelling fruitier than I would like - won't be this time tomorrow! -  and although I am not at the forest stage yet, I can absolutely imagine the joy of that first shave; I will definieity be too nervous to try that tomorrow though! 

x

giugi

Such a wonderful feeling being able to have a bath, I didn't want to get out of mine. Enjoy...Gules x

Matty2

Now that's what I yearn for - bath, shower - 

All I can do is sit in bath and have a sponge down not getting the one side wet at all- been like that for weeks .

Don't think I smell too bad (OH hasn't a sense of smell) but oh just to be able to stand under the shower and let the delicious warm water run down my body and come out smelling sweet not practical!

oooh such bliss and will be a while yet

berylx

13gerbera

This is going to make me sound like a total saddo MAC, but the highlight of my recovery so far has been shaving under my operated on armpit with my new electric razor!  The joy of finally removing the forest growing under that arm was just immense. Yep, definitely a saddo and really need to get a life! Woman Tongue

xx

Sharon

Kittkatt

Totally with you on the bath thing!! I recently had my first post radiotherapy bath and made sure I made the most of it - John Legend on the iPod, BIG glass of red🍷, still being careful with perfumed products so Simple moisurising bath and a lovely scented candle . Sheer bliss! Hubby thought I'd drowned but knew better than to disturb me. 😜
Enjoy yours, Mac.😉
Kitt
X
MAC66

Something to look forward to

So after a week of stress - including the fact that I am currently trying to sell my house - and bad news, I have just remembered that I can have a bath tomorrow!! I am so excited ::))) Stressing about future treatment will be put on hold for at least an hour as I soak my steri-strips away!

I wonder what other simple pleasures I will learn to appreciate more over the next few months - any suggestions?

x