Sore mouth

Hello ladies
I think I may have seen some threads around this issue, but I can’t find them now!
My Dr prescribed Nystatin to me yesterday, but I was wondering if anybody had any other recommendations? I am desperate to drink my morning cuppa without winching at every sip…

Morning Jules, I had a bad dose of oral thrush last week following my first T. My GP had also given me Nystatin which helped when on FEC but needed more this time so she gave me FLUCONAZOLE. I also gargled with TCP (in water) which I think helped me, Onc said a bit harsh but okay if I could manage it. Downside house stinks of eau de tcp!! Fresh Pineapple helped mouth feel bit cleaner and I used corsodyl mouthwash 3-4 times a day and also tried warm salt water. I envy you still feeling like a cuppa, I have struggled with tea, coffee and any hot drink through every session.I just cannot stand the taste. Sue xx

Hello ladies, I just joined this forum this morning , cannot sleep! Had fourth chemo yesterday. the raw and sore throat have been a real issue for me me. I was given a moisturising mouthwash called Biotene. For the first three cycles of FEC, I used this and gargled with diluted TCp as well and occasionally salt water and dank a lot of water. Since starting the Docetaxal last month, the mouth was far, far worse and my TCp etc, strategy, which seemed to keep mouth ulcers away was not enough and my mouth and tongue felt ripped and raw and I couldn’t face hot drinks or eat toast etc,
Yesterday, they gave me something else to try - Caphosol - two vials to be mixed and gargled.The doctors said there are many options so keep trying and asking. Good luck. Madam, real name : Karen x