Sorry - Botox/dermal fillers

I’m apologising as I don’t want to offend anybody with this post. It may seem trivial in the midst of what we are all going through and all the worries we have. I hope you all understand my reasons for posting. I am halfway through chemotherapy and have struggled greatly with the side effects. My onc actually considered stopping the treatment but we tried a reduced dose for number 3 which was more manageable. Anyway I feel so old and weary and don’t recognise myself in the mirror. I know this is a silly moan amongst all our other worries but I just want to feel a bit like me again. I have had a small amount of dermal filler ( done by a brilliant registered nurse) for a few years. I have a couple of important occasions in the next month and would love to look a bit better than I do.
I spoke to my bcn who’s said fillers were fine as long as done in week 3, done v hygienically and bloods were ok. She said several of her ladies get it done.
The nurse who does my filler understandably wants a note from onc to say ok. My onc hummed and hahed and eventually said as there was no research to say it was ok she wouldn’t do it even though she said it would be fine. My practitioner was surprised as she said she regularly gets letters from oncs for this purpose for ladies.
Just wondered if anyone else had any cosmetic procedures done during treatment?

Hi

I can’t help as I haven’t had this type of cosmetic procedure done.  However, just wanted to comment that this is not at all a trivial matter.  Trying to feel better about our appearance is very important and I hope you’re able to resolve the situation.

Best of luck.

Hi babyella I just wanted to say that since my hair has gone I have googled whether you can have Botox on chemo ( Ive didn’t find a definitive answer) for me looking as good as I can makes me feel better and as I now have no fringe to cover up my lightly wrinkled forehead I was hoping I could get it done. It’s not trivial at all and sometimes nice to focus in other than Bc xxx

Hi I am an Aesthetic prescribing nurse and also have Brest cancer. The main problem is insurance for your practitioner. Most companies would not insure because of your chemo treatment, risk of infection ect. I would not treat you for 6 months post. However, look at a treatment to boost internal muscle tone and hydration such as CACI. It’s non invasive, comes from a medical background and has many years of sound research available in the public domaine. This could give you the boost temporarily. Xx

Hope you are fine now.

gloantiaging.com