Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry....another question!!

10 REPLIES 10
wintersocks

Re: Sorry....another question!!

Hi mummyto2

Yes it was my right breast, it shrank quite dramatically I also had an area of 'thickening' too. which is where the tumor was. No 'pea size' lump

Also, the nipple was permanently 'out'. Like when cold. I also thought it odd that my bras were not fitting correctly. The right side was gaping loads and it became noticeable under my clothes.

I hopw this is helpful. Ask away if there is more you would like to know. or if you want I am happy for you to PM me,
wsxx

Mummyto2

Thanks char appreciate u coming back an commenting 🙂
wintersocks...thank you for the comment, can I just ask was it the right breast in which you were dx? The one that got smaller? Xxx
wintersocks

Hi mummyof2

I was diagnosed with IDC this year (Feb). My breast right decreased in size markedly at least a cup. As I had my chemo the 'reduction' became less. But I ended up with an mx anyway.

I also had paim in that breast prior to dx.

WS

wintersocks

Hi mummyof2

I was diagnosed with IDC this year (Feb). My breast right decreased in size markedly at least a cup. As I had my chemo the 'reduction' became less. But I ended up with an mx anyway.

I also had paim in that breast prior to dx.

WS

Char80

Just to be positive and because it's my experience. The lump I found was in my right breast, which is a bit smaller (noticable) than my left, and it looked very different to the other breast, it looked/still looks! a bit lifeless, but my lump was benign, so try and stay positive. It's worth mentioning any concerns, but 'm not sure that is a characteristic of BC, it's just such a tense time, I can totally empathise that you're mind wonders things that it may never do! Keep strong xx
Mummyto2

Thankyou both for your comments, I'll mention this to them a the breast clinic when I go.
Faye xxx
raechi

Hiya Freya,
Just to add my bit. My first sign of my tumour was actually my left boob beginning to spill out the top of my bra..i didnt know about the shrinking bit...so thats a new one to me...I guess what they ask us to be aware of is 'any' changes..
Definitely one to ask the oncologist i think ..
Sorry i'm not more help!
Rae
x

bmw07

Forgot to add, once I had tumour remeoved they both looked the same again.

Regards
bmw07

Hiya

After I was diagnosed , I looked at the breast that had the cancer and it was flatter and looked sick compared to the left one that looked normal. I dont know if this helps to answer your question.

Best wishes
Mummyto2

Anyone?? Xxx
Mummyto2

Sorry....another question!!

Hi all, sorry to have to ask yet more questions, but over the last week or so I've suddenly really got to know my boobs! Now...the lump I've found is in my left breast, my right breast has always been very very slightly larger than my left...hardly noticeable and I. Sure that's pretty normal?? However since I've found my lump I've been looking for other signs...I.e inverted nipple, dimpling etc etc, I've suddenly become really aware that my left breast (one with lump) is ALOT smaller than the right, looking back now I had noticed over a period of months how my bras didn't seem to be fitting properly and my right boob would constantly be popping out of the top of my bra.....I didn't really think much of it apart from maybe needing some new bras!!
So my question....when you hear about noticing changes to your breast size as a 'sign' of BC would that normally mean it would increase in size??? It kind of wouldn't have entered my head that it could shrink? Am I naive to that? Did any of you have any experience of your breast decreasing in size?
Once again I'm so sorry for all the Q's, bt with a week to go still til my breast clinic app it's all I think about
Faye xxx