Spasms and pain

Hi Everyone,
This is my 1st time on the forum so i hope i’m not too long winded.
About 5 yrs ago i noticed a lump in my right breast. After having a mammogram and then a biopsy i was given the all clear (lump was benign).The lump is still there but has reduced in size.
A few months ago i started getting twinges in my left breast and they have become increasingly worse,especially during my period.The only way i can describe the pain is like its a sharp spasm that shoots through the outer side of my breast.I did go to my doctor who says its just hormonal,and is very common in my age group.I will be 40 this year.
She has told me to come back if it continues and she will carry out some checks.
I wasn’t that worried about this until i read an article in the Daily Mail this week by Honor Blackman,saying she had this pain and went private because the NHS were taking too long (through no fault of their own) and found that it was cancer but it was caught just in time.
Has anyone had a similar experience ?

Hi Nilukshi and welcome to the forums, I am sure your fellow users will be along with valuable support very soon. In addition, please feel free to call our helpliners for further advice and information on 0808 800 6000, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-2pm.

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Nilukshi

Have you tried another doctor at the practice. I would be surprised if this was anything to be worried about as the lump has gotten smaller but as they say everyone is different. If you are concerned you should see your doctor again or see another one and tell them your concerns. Remember though that 9 out of 10 lumps are benign.

I think a second opinion to put your mind at rest or let your doctor do the tests.

Let us know what happens

Yvonne xx

I would go back to either another doctor or ask for a referral to the breast clinic.

It seems unlikely that your lump is anything to worry about as you said it has reduced in size.

However, my first sign of breast cancer was pain, it alerted me to a lump.The mammo came back clear.

Only after about 6 months the pain was worse, waking me up in the middle of the night, so I went back to Gp, who referred me urgently
The first 2 biopsies came back clear, but the consultant was unconvinced and said I was to have a biopsy using ultra sound, so they could be sure they hit the lump.
and it was a grade 3 cancer.

I’m honestly not trying to worry you but the only way you are going to get peace of mind is to insist on a breast clinic appointment, but I really think if it was cancer it would have grown rather than reduced

Best Wishes,
Kay
xxx

Hi, please go back to the doctor, just say that you are worried i think because of your age they have a duty to refer you even if your not fast tracked (2 weeks). I know i had loads of pain with mine before i was diagnosed, but im a bit of an usual character anyway so dont let this worry you even more.
Anna

Hello, I’m with annamarie! Go back, insist on being seen! I really believe that we know much more about our bodies than we’re aware of, if it’s nagging at your gut, scream shout make a total nuisance of yourself! Get it seen to, hopefully they’re right, it’s nothing to worry about. Good luck and keep us posted!

Hugs,

Sara. x