HONEY MONSTER GREAT NEW SO HAPPY FOR U XX
I WAS THINKING OF ROADSHOW XX
shells64

Re: Spring into chemo in March

HONEY MONSTER GREAT NEW SO HAPPY FOR U XX
I WAS THINKING OF ROADSHOW XX
Pammyx

Honeymonster great news go out and celebrate !
love Pamxxxxx
Daffodil66

Honeymonster - Thats fantastic news, so pleased for you 😄
Jlr - I was thinking about her today too?
Jlr

Anyone heard from roadshow? It's such a long time nice she last posted, hope all ok! Xx
Jlr

Yay honey monster fab news xx
Honeymonster

Just been for my scan to see if tumour is shrinking and it is - am so pleased its responding well to chemo, makes it all worthwhile. Oh has big smile on his face too 🙂
shells64

HI LADIES
Well i not to bad feeling a bit sick and legs hurt but that it better than tax i feel for all u ladies on tax but keep your chins up only 2 more to go
NIPIUK- Good luck for tomorrow u take care xx
well ladies take care speak soon xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Pammy good luck with your treatment today, hope its a lot quicker than yesterday. Jelly and fruit is a firm favourite of mine too, I love rhubarb with raspberry and apricots with orange jelly. Not sure if it counts as one of our 5 a day but very satisfying and comforting. Take care.
Best wishes
Karexxxn
Honeymonster

Fec-t cycle 4, day 14 (Tax and Herceptin)
Starting to feel a bit better after my hospital stay and looking forward to some better days before number 5.

Nipinuk sorry to hear what a crap day you’re having so far, hoping things get easier in readiness for last chemo shot. Take it easy. So hard though when you’re faced with tantrums – my 9 year old still has them so I sympathise! Hope your mouth is easing?
Scottydog – have a lovely time with your parents, you’re right it does seem a long way we’ve come since those snowy, fearful days.
Pammy, good luck with Tax today, thinking of you.
Daffodil – sorry to hear your oh has been down. I can’t imagine men using a support forum like this can you, but it does seem that they miss out from support I went to LGFB too yesterday and yes I felt a little made up too! But was good to get the goodies (although they could have been more natural/chemical free I thought).
Mungos mum – hope you’re doing ok on Tax, you’re right about it being dehydrating.
Susy doesn’t sound like the weather is any different here. Have just turned the heating up. It’s so hard for the ohs too isn’t it – mine is playing more playstation and brewing beer! Love the scarf in pic.
Angela hope you’re feeling bit better today and not overdoingthings.
Jlr – so sorry to hear that Tax has affected you so badly. I find the middle week is one of the worst with feeling down and no energy – and also increased aches and pains.
Shelley hope you’re doing ok and sorry to read about your appointment experiences.
Woolfie hope all going well with you and oh. Lovely photo
Sorry if I missed anyone, hard to keep up. Have a good day everyone x
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies, feeling better today, just have to shift that groggy been drugged feeling. Hope you are doing ok?
Nipinuk - Hope the packing goes well. I know it seems like alot of added pressure & effort going away but will be worth it. I think all of us & our families are struggling at the moment, big or little ones. You are doing amazingly well (especially with tomorrow looming on you) keeping life normal for your boys & by the way it is quite normal for 10 year old boys to not like hair cuts!
Pammy - I hope no4 goes well today & that truck goes gentle with you. I can't type either :(.
Scootydog - You are doing so well, I want whatever drug you are on? Am I the only numpty cold capping now, what's wrong with the friar tuck look! My hospital phoned yesterday to make the appointment regarding decicions on surgery, seemed such along way off but have started to think about it too.
I asked oh to pick up an order from next, had to explain tbe process 10 times, feel like I'm married to Basil Fawlty at the moment. I'm starting to feel like a caged animal now!
Take care everyone xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Nipinuk sounds like its non stop in your house, I wish I could send you off for a nice relaxing massage instead. We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow for your final blast, I hope it doesn't take too much out of you and you get to enjoy your much needed family break. The fresh air and the change of scenery is just what you need. Where are you heading? We woman always pride ourselves on multitasking but it sounds like you have so much to do. Please try and enjoy some 'me time' today you deserve it
Love
Karen xxx
Nipinuk

Lovely morning...so NOT!
Took ys not karate n did food shop last night, came back shattered n took myself to bed to oh surprise. Been up late doing stuff (planning, cooking, washing). Woke up this morning n first thing he said," you didn't hear me grumble at you?" I didn't shut the car door properly so he had to go out n sort it. Then he asked if I could take the boys later to have their hair cut.
Ys is currently having a tantrum (yes, even at 10!) about having his hair cut. Hubby had to leave him as Es needed to get to school. Ys will be late as I'm not walking him there. Only 20mins to walk there but...! Told him to walk to school. He's walked back quite a few times so will be fine.

I've got to write a letter to tesco for charging us interest on credit card - I'd paid on time but they changed their payment details and it wasn't clear to me.
And I've got to pack to get away to caravan hols on Sat. Will be too ill to do it after tomorrow.

just don't need this crap one day before chemo!!

hope you're all better a better day!!
feels better having it off my chest!
Guest user
Not applicable

Sending all you lovely ladies who are suffering big virtual hugs and hoping your aches and pains vanish and your spirits lift soon. I know this is a terrible roller coaster ride we're on, I really feel for you all. It will get better. I seem to be coping a lot better this cycle, touch wood. My parents arrive tomorrow, last time they came across for chemo #1, when I was in a terrible state and it snowed every day. We have been through so much since then. I still have the uncertainty of more surgery to come but I'm feeling stronger and I'm so thankful to you ladies for your continued words of comfortand support. It means so much to me thanks.
Best wishes
Karen xxx
Pammyx

Nipinuk-- good luck for thursdayand your final fec I had my first herceptin today spent 6 hours in hospital due to monitoring back tomorrow for first tax not looking forward to it . I was the first to arrive today and the last one to leave.
Daffodil ---I fully understand how you feel sometimes me and oh sit in the same room staring at the box with nothing to say we have said it all our zest for life seems to have gone I do hope that the passing of time will help this. Yes they do need support but I am not sure what.
On a lighter note I have moved on to jelly that contains fruit seems to hit the spot at the moment.
i am not very good at typing so find it difficult to respond to all the posts I can only wish that everyone has minimal side effects we will soon be there. There is now a June thread just think how far we have come.
love and best wishes to all Pam
Daffodil66

Hi, thanks girls good to hear that it is normal to feel this way. I dragged myself along to lgfb earlier & glad I did as was good fun, looked a little too made up when I got in but then what do you expect when you've been plastering the stuff on for 2 hours! The lady their next to me said they called tax 'the tax truck', on here. I think we are all dreading the next hit :(.
Angela - I know what you mean as I'm still doing all the planning & cooking meals too. Looking forward to some nice weather when we can have bbq's & be cooked for. Yes I have that tongue after every cycle too, just using well diluted cordysyl to keep infections at bay.
Have a lovely evening xxx
Mungos_mum

Hi All,
I have managed to read through your messages, but will struggle to respond to everyone today. Hope everyonecontinues to endure!
Janey - glad to hear this exhaustion does lift, the aches and pains haven't been too bad, and manageable with painkillers and movement, but feeling very bunged up! Tax is very dehydrating!
Best wishes to everyone,
C xx
AngelaG

suzy that sounds delich...what's in it? i love trying new dishes
A
suzy52

Well I hope the weather is better in the UK than here - its dreadful, raining day and night and cold! We have to light the wood burners, not heard of in May!
OH is in denial, buried in kitchen fitting all day and glued to computor all evening - can't cope with me feeling down as I'm the one with the happy button and usually the one to lift our spirits. So all of us in the same position, we will endure, but it is bloomin difficut at times.
Woolfie, love the new look!
Nipinuk, sleep well!
Daffodil, I'm up for number 4 on Friday 🙂
Angela - Tuscan sausages, nice. We are having melanzane alla parmigiana tonight, not made it in ages.
Karen, we do miss fish and chips, have some for us!
Feel well to those are struggling, and well done to those who are feeling better.
xxxxxx
AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 4 DAY 5
G’day y’all!
Well I guess it’s a good day, haven’t really felt that great the last 2 days. I think I overdid it at the weekend too soon after chemo, so been a bit spaced out, disconnected etc. It seems with some OH’s that we have to ask before they think to offer. I think he’ll be cooking tonight, the Tuscan sausages...yummy if he does, but he’ll need to buy the ingredients on way home. He doesn’t think of offering drinks or encouraging me to walk etc although I did ask him last week to make sure I did...maybe I’m the one who should take that responsibility, but just don’t feel like that today. Moan over! It’s good to get it off our chests (what’s left of them!).
Does anyone know why tongues turn white? Mine is, but not furry or sore as some describe. What remedies, if any can you recommend? Taste is also yuk at the moment too.
Honeymonster – thanks for the link. I took a glance at it and read some, but didn’t get to the end. But very ‘real’ and honest I thought. Glad you’re feeling better. There are a lot of ups and downs on this aren’t there.
Well I THOUGHT OH had booked tickets for Rod Stewart, but it turns out that he decided not to as Rod was not the sole performer. So he thought £400 was a lot just to see/hear him near the end of the show. I’m disappointed, but understand.
Christine – I hope your SE’s keep a low profile this round and don’t get any worse. Also pleased your es is on the mend.
Suzy – afraid I don’t do facebook, as someone else has said, it’s hard to keep up. I text, email, phone and use this thread, but don’t/can’t do the other stuff...bit behind the times maybe? My OH raised his eyebrows when I said about growing stuff in Spain as I often get these wonderful ideas, plan etc and then HE has to do the hard work!! I need to get my finger out and do more.
Re the pork in plum sauce, I can try ot mail it to anyone who fancies it, send me a message to my profile page and I’ll do it.
Woolfie – good to see you back. Pushing a wheel chair will take it out of you in these days, I hope you can find an alternative soon otherwise you’ll suffer and be no help to anyone let alone yourself. Take care won’t you. Would it be possible to get hold of an electric one he could operate himself? Men seem rather proud when offered help such as grants, my OH would be the same. I would grab it with both hands!!! I really like your new pic. You look great. Would you get a grant towards the vehicle?
Karen – sounds like you are feeling good this week. And it sounds lovely where you live too. What a lovely thing your inlaws are doing for you, quite a boost I would think. They must be great people by the sound of it. Rhubarb, fish n chips...mmmmmmm!
Daffodil – yes I agree, some of the OH’s do need a support group, but men being men don’t find that easy to open up and say it how it is sadly. We girls blossom on sharing and caring. My friend that I mentioned in a recent post, her OH was like that, so I often tried to make a point of asking how HE was coping. Then he did talk a little. But he had to be asked. I hope things pick up again for you both soon.
Nipinuk – sorry to hear you’re both having trouble with sleep through worry. I hope you can get through it. When I get like that over things, I take a sominex and that relaxes me and I can then sleep, but I know you’re not keen on MORE pills, which I completely understand. Meeting with friends is certainly a great distraction though, I love it when they have time....
More lace? Lucky OH. Don’t know where you find the energy for that though!!! Hope youn enjoyed your massage today. I keep meaning to look into going to the haven, but not sure how long it would take to get there
Chat again soon. Hope all will feel well soonest.
Angela x
Jlr

Fec-t cycle 4 (tax) day 11

Daffodil66 ----- I know exactly how you feel as I have been just there! Thankfully it does get better, I am now back feeling somewhere near my old self. Fec never affected me in the way that tax has done, it's been awful and my husband was really worried as he says he has never seen me so ill. I was so down and emotional and I think it was just that I felt so awful, buthankfully I am over it now and have got some of my energy back, aches and pains have all but gone and my mouth is definitely less furry and less sore!Hang on in there it does get better!

I hope everyone had a good weekend and SE are not troubling too many people xx
Nipinuk

FEC75 Cycle 3 Day 20
Pammy - all the best for herceptin today and tax tomorrow! Hope the side effects are minimal and that yu cope with both really well xx
Lola65 - all the best for your third round of chemo today! Hope you have a big fat roast when you get back!
Daffodil - I'm so sorry to hear about you and oh. Don't berate yourself. We all go through it, some worse than others but be kind to yourselves. Hubby and I aren't sleeping well from worrying about everything. I find that meeting up with good friends over a meal at the weekends cheer us all up, inc hubby n boys. Have you tried that? Hubby hasn't seen lace for goodness knows how long! 😉 lol, he doesn't know but I've ordered some from m&s sale ready for collection this Thursday (chemo day). Will have to hide them for a while!
I'm sure you'll enjoy lgfg. The goodie bag is fab! I've got a massage appointment this afternoon and I can't wait! It's cold in the house and still cloudy here.
Woolfie - love your pic! You look fabulous gal! Hope you get the vehicle you need this weekend xx
Angela - oh I'm sure you'll be rocking with hubby at the concert! I think it's funny that lots of ageing rockers have v v young partners these days. Not referring to Rod, but his mate, can't remember his name!
Karen - how lovely that your in laws are making you smile and helping out with ironing and etc! You're so lucky living where you do with fabulous scenery and air. I haven't been eating as well due to sore mouth which is annoying. Managed to get a prescription for iglu yesterday which help. Just have to make sure I apply regularly. I'm tempted to ask onc if I should do next chemo as I feel it's doing me more harm than good! not sure about all other treatments too. Sigh!
Honeymonster - thanks for the links. I have to be thankful that I'm not in her position having to make those tough decisions. I'm afraid I won't be participating in fb group as I can't keep up as it is. Self preservation at the moment!
Take care all xx
Daffodil66

Fec-t cycle 4 tax day 8
HI Ladies, I hope everyone is coping ok at the moment, if not Big hugs to you & hope it passes asap. I've had a rough few days with tax, really struggling with absolutely no energy & even talking was too much effort & painful. This one seems to have taken it's toll on me & oh, he broke down yesterday as hates seeing me like this too & my vacant, not interested expression. Feel like we drag each other down on the bad days & so hard to be positive. I told him I need him to be strong & fun, but he can't at the moment. At least a dog always has a waggie tail, regardless what's happening! Off to Lgfb this afternoon, so looking forward to being transformed, might even take oh to the pub later if up to it ;). Maybe the partners need a support group too!
Sorry for being a moaning minnie, I know we are all going through the same emotions at the moment & it does pass. My sons back from uni on thursday, so will be a good distraction even though will have to make more effort to cook.
Shelley - Hope the fec goes gentle with you.
Anyone having chemo today (Suzy?) hope it goes well x
Have a good day ladies & any tips on cheering up miserable oh's (without lace):) xxx
shells64

FEC-TAX-FEC 1 CYCLE 4 DAY 2
Hello ladies
Thank u for all my well wish all when well not feeling to bad better that tax not happy with my doctor his but me back on injection not for 8 but 9 he said only a week to me thats 7 days well if it gets to much iwill stop them mungMUNGOS MUM- pls to hear your es is doing ok all my love to the family take care xx
MUNGOS MUM - Happy to hear es doing well love to all family and chin up xx
WOOLFI - Love the picture u look so well xxx
SCOTTYDOG-thank u
ANGLEA- I spoke to the nurse about it all they just said sorry also do not have a appointment to see him again im going back to the breast unit the nurse thnks that good news alls going well well im just fed up with the whole thing i think he such give his job up because his no good xxx
if i have left anyone out have a good day speak soon take care xxxxshelley
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies
Lots of fab new photos today, you all look very glamorous.
Christine so glad your son's op went smoothly and he's back home, in the long run he will thank you for making him revise.
Woolfie glad all is going well with you and OH's treatment, hope he gets the new car and newfound freedom.
Nipinuk I hope your mouth clears up. Are you still eating ok? interesting insight into Malaysia, makes you see things from a different perspective, My favourite place was the Orchid gardens in KL.
Shelley thinking of you today hope hour se's are minimal
Honeymonster Thanks for the link to the article, sorry to hear you were feeling unwell and hospitalised. I hope its not shingles. Get well soon x
My lovely in-laws came up to stay with me and keep me smiling, they've arrived laden with tasty food. We picked some of my home grown rhubarb, and the crumble is all prepared. MIL is doing some ironing for me. I went out for another cycle along the beach and harbour this morning, it felt good rather than sitting watching Homes Under The Hammer! I read an article in Icon mag that says 30 mins of exercise per day increases BC survival rates by 50% so I'm going to try and push myself when I feel energetic. I love living by the sea, the fresh sea air combined with wafts of award-winning fish & chips hehe! I decided to play crazy golf, so we all had a game, which was good fun in the fresh air. Good way to work up an appetite.
Have a nice evening
Karen xxx
Honeymonster

If any regulars wants to do a private/secret Facebook group to share photos etc pm me your FB username. I will then become your friend, add you to the group, then defriend you (how mean!) but you will still be part of the group. I've done one for school mums and it works quite well.
Woolfie

i didn't save my new photo will try again
Woolfie

Pat in the rat!
Hello everyone re-reading posts and realised I am about a week out of date don't know where last week went. Hope round 4 is going well for those who had chemo at the end of last week. I am a bit behind so now only half way through.
Nipinuk-love the photo it was really interesting to read about Malaysia so much corruption in so many countries.
Suzy love your head wear- I used to have one of the Greek headscarves with the little coins dangling from the front but that was a long time ago. Dim sum -I'm up for that!
Shells hope your FEC goes ok today. everyone seems to have been giving you good advice re the antisickness etc. hopefully your SE's will be minimal.
Scottydog your trip to Scotland sounds fantastic-cycle- I can just about walk to the shops though did do too much pushiong of OH in his wheelchair last week and my recon doesn't like it one bit. Lesson to be learned. Get the lazy b to push himself!
Roadshow-sorry to hear you have had to go to hospital hope you are feeling better. You really have been through it. OHwas offered a Macmillan grant to help with expenses but he declined saying he would rather someone have it who needs it more than he. Noble!
Lisag saddenned me to read of you feeling low and feeling unsupported by OH but good to know you had parents to turn to. Hope things have improved.
Honeymonster hope you are feeling better after your stint in hospital.
Cybele thanks for your encouragement it is so important to keep the end in sight.
Mungoesmum good to hear your ES is recovering after his ordeal and that you are too!
Jlr hope you are feeling better. Carrot juice -how appalling to be told that by a junior doctor I do so hope he has learned from it but that does help the cost to you emotionally.
Angela-nice to be missed -I had chemo on Tuesday and OH had hospital on Thursday so a bit of a busy week. Glad you enjoyed LGFB i went on Tueday pm and had most enjoyable time as well as coming away with all the goodies.
OH starts Rads tomorrow they are keeping him in so that they can put a feeding tube into his stomach as the treatment will make his throat sore and he may not be able to eat as much as he needs to. He will be out on Thursday all being well I hope so as on Sunday we are driving down to Dorset to look at a wheelchair accessible vehicle (we have a focus at the moment and I can no longer help him transfer into it) with a view to buy rather than the motability arrangement we have at the moment. His son is coming with us to share the driving. If all goes to plan it should be life changing and will solve the problem of all those hospital visits for him -roll on roll off! plus lots of lovely days out when we are both up to it.
for those I have missed out hope all is going well
suzy52

Afternoon Ladies
At last the rain has stopped so I have a very happy woof after long walk in the woods. Managed to do some housework I've been putting off, but trying to get life on an even keel before Friday and my last TAX, still got 2 FECs to go though 😞
Nipinuk I stay with my Mum in the UK near Windsor, so I can pop up the smoke by train 🙂
Angela, your definately turning Irish, I spotted anothe 'tink' hehe! I think you'll find practically everything grows in pots in Spain, its just the endless watering thats a pain, unless you get an irrigation system set up. I wish I could taste your daughters malaysian recipie, how nice to be cooked for.
Roadshow and Woolfie we miss you, do hope everything is ok?!!!!!
Honeymonster, thanks for the links. I see your point about not wanting your daughter to think bad things happen in her absense, I love the fact she was full of campfire songs to entertain you with 🙂
Christine, be careful paracetamol dosn't mask a raised temperature - I was warned to monitor my temperature once the paracetamol had warn off if i needed to take it. Hope your ES is studying hard - poor boy! Home made cake seems in order, as long as you feel up to making it. I only seem to have rare bursts of energy these days.
Jude looking forward to a giddy scarf creation 🙂
If any of you do fb and fancy linking up, message me and I'll give you my name etc then we can share photo's etc.
Off to sort the laundary what joy! xx
Mungos_mum

Morning all,
thank you for all your messages re ES, he is definately on the mend, kept at home today and grumbling because I insist on him revising for his GCSE on Thursday. (Xbox is far more appealing!!)
Shelley - I hope your FEC goes OK today, am thinking of you. x
My first T is definately different to FEC - I have lots of little aches all over which come and go, neck, ear (?!) hand, leg, hip etc etc. I can't decide if it is bone or muscle aches, but paracetamol is working at the moment. My sight has gone funny again too, but I think this is being tired and the eye muscles not working properly. nfortunately also means driving is out of the question.....
Thinking of everyone today, chin up girls, we're getting there!
C xx
Cassowary

Nipinuk and Suzy, your photos are both great. Inspired me to change mine for a scarf piccie Later on.
Christine - hope that your son feels alot better today. Great that you have tickets for Rod Stewart.
Daffodil - hope all goes better with you today.
Need to get out of my pit now and get moving. Take care.
Honeymonster

Morning :). Feeling lot better today thank goodness. I was sick last night, think its due to all meds, taking Dom peridone seems to be helping,
Susy & Nipinuk - yes you're right. I've kept my daughter informed of everything so far and this hospital visit should be the same, guess I didn't want her to think that if she went away something might happen to me. In the end because I didn't get out until late afternoon as had to wait for meds she came with oh to collect me and all was fine. She had such a lovely time on camp and has been singing me all the camp fire songs!
Here's that link - http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/may/18/discovered-colon-cancer-while-pregnant, if you scroll down there is a link to the woman's website where she keeps a blog - see Colonimic link on left side menu. There you can see all her cartoons. Def worth a look.
Link to cartoons - http://www.mmaattiillddaa.com/colonomic/february/

Have a good day everyone X

AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 4 DAY 3
Hi all
ONLY SE so far is fatigue, so prayers answered so far re water retention. Have managed to not eat all those carbs this cycle, enjoyed TGI Fridays on Friday, although my meal choice of veggie fajita was less than inspiring, it was 90% onion with a mushroom and a little peppers and baby corn thrown in. The burgers and chicken dishes looked much more tasty!!! GD was embarrassed by having to stand on her seat whilst the waiting staff came to sing to her giving her a cake with lit candle in...all the restaurant joined in! Liked the new men in her & D’s lives too. Son and family (5 in all) stayed over ‘til today, so that was hectic but nice as we don’t often get to see them. Then I slept for 3 hours and woke at 8pm...not good as now unsure I’ll sleep tonight! Anyway, it was a good weekend which I didn’t originally think I’d get through so soon after chemo. OH has just booked tickets for Rod Stewart at the O2 arena for the day before next chemo. That’s going to be great.
Nipinuk & Suzy– love your pics, you both look amazing!
Shelley – hope you clear up all the nonsense you’ve had to go through and find the tumour HAS shrunk.
Nora – I tink I have worked out what your profile picture is...a rabbit? Between 2 towels...is that right? Did you wear your wig last night? How did you feel? Did you get some good feed-back about it? Thank you for your best wishes for everything. Thanks for the link re hair re-growth. Isn’t she young looking...but beautiful all the way through. It’s helpful to know how long it could take.
Pammy – 6 hours? Wow that’s a loooong time. Hope you put your feet up and can sleep through at least some of it. I’ll be thinking of you. All the best for tues and weds. Hope your trip to Liverpool has been a good one.
Suzy – I think the runny nose could be that nose hair has gone/going, but don’t know about eyes...eyelashes going maybe? Your scarf colours are lovely, kind of Morrocan looking. Glad you had a good celebration with your OH, and how kind of your friend to make the cake. Yes, Spain, come onnnn, have paid the deposit on the villa rental just as a sign of good faith for the owner that we are definitely going.
Nipinuk – it’s a shame I don’t have a smart phone, but never mind. I agree the wig looks natural, what a pity it wasn’t ‘complete’. Will they fix it or replace it? The BBQ sounded like a success, and all the new pots will keep you busy in your garden for a time. I’d like to try to be a little self sufficient in Spain, but will have to google the best things to grow there, and what would work in pots as the garden isn’t huge. It will be an interesting challenge. I understand Iglu is good for the mouth problem, have you tried that? I haven’t needed it, but have some just in case. Some other ladies on this thread recommended it ages ago. Hope the antibiotics also get rid of it though. My friend, a Chinese Malay had similar experience of growing up there, and she had to get higher grades in school in order to compete with native Malay students for training places. And often it was the lower graded Malay student who would be accepted before her higher achievements were considered. Very unfair and corrupt as you say. D is making dinner on Thursday looking forward to it. It’s one of my favourites, and learnt the recipe from Malaysian friend then passed it on to D and now GD too.
Christine – I hope your son recovers really quickly. Sounded painful. Was it due to playing footy? Glad he’s out though.
Shelley – I can echo what Christine said about FEC and, as she said, remember you can take the first anti-sickness med when you get home (the one that says take as needed). You will need it that afternoon and evening (if your chemo was in the morning) it was mistake I made too, not taking it the first day, and I was sick once (only the once in all this time) on the first night of first cycle.
Honeymonster – hospital... hmm hope you’re all fixed and that it’s not shingles, that would be painful and too much what with everything else you’re contending with. I hope the AB’s do the ttrick for you. Chemo AND pregnant? That surely can’t be good, especially for the baby. That poor woman. I haven’t seen the article, but guess it can be googled.
Jess – glad you’re ok, look forward to hearing more and seeing THE HAT.
Daffodil - keep going gal, you’re doing great, and it’s all coming to an end soon x.
Love Angela xx
Nipinuk

Reading photoshoot update - sorry forgot to say I called the company before the offer expired but there was no one to answer the phone. I emailed them but never got a repSid
Shelley - all the best tomorrow. I'm on FEC. My first FEC was good. If you suffer from migraines or nausea after surgery like me, you might feel or be sick but try to get Ondansetron and Dexamethasone administereby via IV as it works faster. Nausea kicks in abut 4 hours after infusion for me. As soon as you feel nauseous, take a domeperidone. This is what I'm planning to dgo for my fourth FEC on Thursday.
Honeymonster - glad you're home happy. Suzy is right. Children are incredibly resilient and adaptable. They might have a good cry like my niece n nephew did when they first saw my baldie picture but are very positive and fine now. I've kept my boys informed even when I first found my lump. They seem to be fine 😉
No, I'm sorry I didn't see the Guardian article. I read other papers. Will I be able to see it online if I did a search I wonder? there's a British man who became the first male to have his prostate removed due to testing positive for the BRCA gene.
Christine - I'm so happy that op was successful n that Es is home resting. You need a long rest from all that's happened today! I can't help thinking that our kids sometimes take a few years out of our lives! I remember when Es tumbled down the stairs when he was 2. I was running down the stairs after him but couldn't get him. Luckily everything was carpeted and he just had a bit of carpet burn on his forehead. I was in a state though - felt physically sick!
Thank you Jess! Don't worry about posting. More important that you get enough rest and feel tip top ASAP 😉
Daffodil - I'm sorry to hear that tax is giving you all this aches n pains. Did paracetamol or ibuprofen help? Get well soon!
Suzy - thank you! Do you normally stay in London when you're in uk? Would love a dim sum date 😉 love the prawn and char siu cheong fun ... salivating now!
Have a good night everyone! Xx
suzy52

Evening all!
Christine, hope ES is on the mend, thank goodness op went well nasty business my OH tells me.
Nipinuk - lookin good girl! nothing even close to rodent 😉 I'm thinking maybe I should have had one now, but too much effort at this stage in the game. Yes good job I got no smart phone or I would be in serious dodo salivating over all that yummy Dim Sum. I don't plan on being back in the UK till September but maybe we can all do a Dim Sum date in London one day - it would be a hoot! Leftover's hoovered up by OH late night!
Honeymonster, glad your home again and forgive me if I step over the line here, but I wonder wether perhaps your daughter would prefer to know you've been in hospital, after all your home again now and one never knows when these little trips pop up, it might not be so worrying for her if she understands the situation - kids seem very intuative., just a thought.....
Daffodil hope the aches and pains diminish
Shells good luck for your 1st FEC
Nite Nite xxxxxxxx
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies, I hope everyones ok after their sessions last week. I'm finding tax hard going at the moment, no nausea but aches & pains in back, neck & legs. Hoping it will pass soon.
Christine - Good to hear your son is ok & coming home later. Plenty of time for baking ;).
Shelley - Hope no 4 goes well tomorrow
Take care ladies, will catch up tomorrow when hopefully feeling a little brighter 🙂 xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
Just wanted to say I will post at length to everyone tomorrow but in the meantime:
Christine - I'm so happy for you and that your son's op has been a success and should be home tonight. That must be such a relief for you.
Nipinuk - I love the new photo - you look fantastic! Iwill sort out a photo of me shortly showing one of my sister's hat creations.
Will post at length to everyone tomorrow.
Big hugs.
Jess xxx
Mungos_mum

Just heard that OP a success, and ES may be able to come home tonight. big load off my mind, and I still have some not completely bald bits! Breathing again......
x
Mungos_mum

Glad you are getting out! Hope the sun is shining where you are so you can have a sit in the garden and hear all the brownie adventures!
No news yet, I'd tear my hair out if I had any left!
C xx
Honeymonster

Anybody see the Guardian magazine yesterday with article on the woman pregnant and going through chemo? She's done some cartoon pics to tell story of what she's going through with lots of humour on awful situation.
Honeymonster

Hello from hospital! Just waiting to be discharged. Came in Friday evening with high temp and feeling unwell, lots of pain around bad boob. White blood count high so put on antibiotics. Bloods tested and all ok so allowed to go home with course of antibiotics. I'm waiting for one more test back to see if I have shingles, but that will take a few days.
My daughter has been at Brownie camp this weekend so I'm hoping I can get home before her so she won't know I've been in hospital.
Not even going to attempt to reply to other posts but am thinking of you all - good luck today Mungos mum x
Mungos_mum

Hi Girls,
No baking today, will be with ES in hospital as he was rushed in by OH earlier today due to a suspected testicular torsion. Due out of OR anytime.
Shelley, please don't worry too much about FEC, As long as the nausea can be kept under control, the SEs are manageable. If you did not get morning sickness, the theory is that you have a stronger disposition so may not suffer too much. go through the meds carefully with the nurses before you leave; it took me til cycle 2 to realise that I could take domperidome during the first day to help reduce nausea. Cycle 2 much much better than cycle 1! big hugs. x
C xx
shells64

Hi ladies
Hope u are doing ok thinking of u all on tax well my first time on fec tomorrow can say im scared not looking farward to that.well my weekend been nice saw my grandchildren can taste a bit more food which has been nice but come tuesday with injection taste will go again not happy well i will let u known how things go take care speak soon shelley xx
Nipinuk

FEC 75 Cylcle 3 Day 18

Wish you were all on Whatsapp! If any regulars has a smartphone n want to join Marchies group pm me your mobile no. It's so much easier to just send a short update from the chemo chair. We've also exchanged photos n you can really be candid about descriptions n names as it is private!

Got my wig hence updated profile. I'll have to send it back as elastic strap was broken 😞 it looked really nice with a beanie. Ys son likes it.

I'm writing from bed with a hungover hubby next to me. 4 bottles of red between 3 people. I only had a tiny sip. W went to good friends for a BBQ. They've got boys too so it was lovely. Had a fire later with roasted marshmallows. I was given strawberry plants, 2 different types of oregano, loganberry, yellow beans, lemon mint & tomato plants for my veg bed! Will be busy later!

My mouth is still sore. I've only got two ulcers on my tongue but might have oral thrush as whole tongue, roof of mouth n back of throat hurts. Saw out of hours doc (Christine you're so lucky to have access to out of hours onc!) and got some antibiotics (fluconazole. was told it's stronger than nystatin) which should hopefully sort things out before final chemo on Thursday. Frozen blueberries feels lovely in my mouth. Had some wasabi coated green peas - not good!

Gals, have to say this about Malaysia - you can always be assured of warm friendly people in Malaysia. But life for the locals is not good and extremely unfair.
The same government has been in power for 56 years. They're lazy and very corrupt! There was a lot of vote buying by the current government. Many people were dismayed by the the recent general election results. The government paid foreigners to vote for them. They were issued identity cards so they could pretend to be Malaysians. Identity cards were found scattered near election venues where the foreigners dumped them after getting paid. You wouldn't have thought this kind of thing would happen in this day and age but it does!
A certain race there get special priviledges like extra interest in banks, 6-7% discount when buying properties, higher quotas for university and scholarships, I could go on and on! I was extremely lucky to get a scholarship for further education as there were less than 10% of us non-Malays that got it. And we have 9 sultans and their families plus the many politicians and families that the taxpayers have to support!! Sultans n families cannot be prosecuted for crimes and get away with murder.
One of the sultan's daughter was in the same boarding school as I was in (she doesn't stay in the dorms with us mere mortals of course). Her brother who was only 16 at the time coul come and go as he pleased - it's an all girls boarding school! He even took over 'training' the girls hockey team. He had his own car.
Hope you found it interesting!
Janey - poor you! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling awful. Did the paracetamol n ibuprofen help? Hope you feel better soon!
Shelley and Katie - I'm so sorry to hear about the abysmal hospital experience. That's so bad especially when you're already having to cope with not being well. Shelley hope everything will be ok for you to go ahead with chemo tomorrow. Big hugs xx

Jess - belated happy birthday!! HoHope you enjoy a proper celebration later all this. It's wonderful to hear that you and your sister have reconciled. My sister still hasn't said anything to me since I emaied her n her hubby my diagnosis. Her hubby replied but not her which hurts. But I can't do anything about it as she's decided to cut me off. The years of holding on to all that can't be good.
yes do model your nice comfy hats for us! Would love to see.

Suzy - love the coloured pom poms too! They'll go well with my bright orange trousers! Just had to smile when I read about the giddy description 🙂 lol, I'd never heard about "his nibs" till hubby mentioned it some years about picking up his nibs from school! I thought "What nibs??!" OH must have savoured every crumb! Any leftover?

You're lucky you haven't got a smartphone. Saw dim sum pics...divine!!! Must win lottery first!
Yes when r u planning to visit uk?

yes, my nose and eyes have been running too! Yesterday especially. My nose seem to pick the most importune time to run though!

Daffodil - 6 years of enjoying home grown veg sounds fab. Did u manage to get the seeds you wanted? Would u pm me yur email address as it is easier for me to send recipe that way.

Cybele - thank you for your lovely post. I read about your extreme fatigue after chemo 6 and I'm so glad to hear you're well and on holiday! Very curious about your hair though as I know you were on cold cap all 6 cycles. Any chance of a piccy? Love your writing. Wish I can write like that!

Angela - great new profile pic! You'll have to update it more often so we can appreciate all the scarves! I think you're simply amazing. I wouldn't have manage a birthday party n engagement party on the first day of chemo!!! And having to handle tco viewing the following day!! Wow, must be divine strength!

When will your daughter be making you a meal? That would be so nice!

Thank you for enlightening me on the 'training' hubby at shopping 🙂 Pleased to hear it has turned out in your favour!

i don't bake much so the only non dairy cake I do is courgette cake. Pm your Email add to me and I will send rrecipe

Cocobutterfly - I've lost quite a lot of my lower lashes in my right eye. Eyebrows have gone quite thin. You're right, I had a look and quite a lot of vegetarian recipes are smothered in dairy! I hope this fourth cycle is as good if not better than the last!

Christine - 5 machines!! Five?! You could have sewing classes! Lol, I think mum still has a manual Singer in Malaysia.

I saw somewhere that B&Q arha selling their outdoor palms at half price. Not sure if they'll have the one you're looking for.

its taken me ages writing to this point as I keep having to go back and re-read posts as my short term memory is shocking!

will continue later. Meanwhile just want to say I've read all your posts and apologise for the late response!

Big hugs everyone n hope you have a good day xx
suzy52

OH said I should change myprofile pic as he says the scarves are getting more giddy! The latest was a gift from friend and I love the coloured pompons 🙂
Has anyone experienced runny nose and eyes? its constant - I don't suffer from hayfever, but it seems I do at the moment!
Sounds like most folks are doing well on round 4.
Christine, sorry to hear you had an allergic reaction to TAX, they seemed quick off the mark though and great you slept through most of it 🙂
Had a great evening with friends to celebrate the OH's once a year day (thanks for all your kind wishes) - honoured with the 'award winning' cheese cake made by our friend, who having made millions of them in her professional capacity is now loathed to make them in her retirement, sooooo glad we persuded her to make an exception as it's his nibs fav. We were out to lunch today so no cooking tonight either hurray! I could get used to this 😉
Nora my taste buds are all over the place, so I just go with the flow - I went right off fish which is very unusual for me, but sweet along with spicy things do the trick.
Angela shame you could'nt indulge in a margarita or two, there'll be time enough for that in Spain I'm sure:)
Carol my cats are always trying to help, particularly bad when cutting out patterns or knitting!
Nipinuk, hope your taking it easy and enjoying the weekend.
Woolfie and Roadshow ???? hope alls well
xxxxxx for now off to feed the critters
Pammyx

Many thanks for your words of comfort will be in Liverpool in an hour and then back to chemocity!
Mungos_mum

Pammy - is this a bid for freedom?! Don't be too alarmed about starting Tax, many people had a reaction and the nurses are very used to it and react quickly. They have supplies of antihistamine which they can administer without a doctor's prescription and adjust the flow to ensure that you don't have any more reactions. The upside is that the antihistamine makes you very sleepy and I slept through the infusion! Anyway, you may be one of the lucky ones who does not react, fingers crossed. This is the first thing I have come across that I am allergic to.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Christine x
Pammyx

Hello everyone not posted for a while on a ferry in the middle of the Irish Sea. I have been closely watching the posts on this thread and see that despite a few hiccups most of us are coming through thetreatment. I have my first herceptin on tues and have to sit there for 6 hours followed by my first tax on weds I am terrified of starting the tax but I suspect I will feel better when it is done.best wishes to you all.
NoraBatty

FEC T Cycle 2 Day 16

Glad to hear you are all enduring despite the difficulties. I have been OK this cycle – have kept a day by day diary and feel I know what to expect. My third FEC is next Friday and then I change to TAX.
Have any of you found that your taste changes? – I am craving curries like never before and also put loads of black pepper on food. Normally I like fresh orange juice but it tastes foul at the moment.
Youngest is doing GSCEs at present so revision notes stuck everywhere.
Have got my wig and the cat is eyeing it hopefully but hasn’t actually attacked it yet...
Hope you are all OK

AngelaG Finally got wig – it’s much tidier than my normal; mad hair! I suspect I will continue to use comfortable woolly hats most of the time and certainly while this cold weather lasts. I will give it its maiden voyage when I go out for a meal tonight.
Your life sounds really hectic at the moment hope you get a chance to put your feet up too Glad cycle 4 is going well. Hope you find some buyers for your house

Choccy61
I was pleasantly surprised to get a free wig – it does seem to be a postcode lottery here which seems unfair . Really hope your hair grows back fast. There is a hair regrowth timeline on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPljZN3tAds Well done on getting 2/3 of the way through!

Cocobutterfly Glad the tax is going well for you. Got an interesting commonsense book in the local library, Genesis breast cancer prevention diet by Michelle Harvie,
A research dietician at South Manchester University Hospitals Trust There’s also video in which she appears on this site http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/interactive-services/eating-w...
There are so many conflicting theories ...

Cybele Thanks for dropping in from Dec thread. I found it incredibly helpful to read your day by day blog (http://chemonights.blogspot.co.uk/ ) You should publish it!
Hope you are having a great holiday

Daffodil55 Encouraging to hear that tax is going well for you

Honeymonster Hope tax SEs improve and thanks for Waitrose cream recommendation

Jlr Sorry to hear you are having such a rough ride with the tax – hope pains continue to ease off

Lisag Hope you are not suffering too many SEs

Mungos_mum
Gosh you are super organised with a spreadsheet! Have you just changed from FEC to Tax? Sounds as if you had a bad allergic reaction?. Hope you feel OK now

ScottyDog1974
Hope your treatment went OK. Sorry to hear that cold cap didn’t work as well as you had hoped. Take care

Shells 64
Hope you have not had any nausea/sickness on FEC I was advised to take t both ondasetron and domperidone 30 minutes before eating – and this helped Interestingly there is nothing on the patient information leaflet about this! Sounds as if you had a nightmare hospital appointment maybe you could have a word with Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at your hospital?

Suzy52 hope you enjoyed OH's birthday celebration

Twinnumber1 hope you are doing OK. Hope nausea gets sorted – it’s one of the worst SEs How are you doing with Emend etc? Agree with you about hats – still I will give the wig a few outings!

love
Nora xx
AngelaG

daffodil, i type in word, and then click between the 2 places to read type read etc, but i'm on laptop, don't know about tablets, not that advanced!!