1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring into chemo in March

Daffodil66

Re: Spring into chemo in March

Hi Ladies, we came back from Cornwall a couple of days early due to constant drizzle but so nice to be back in my own bed. I had a good time, feel exhausted still though & can't seem to shift that emotionally drained feeling despite keep having a word with myself! I also find the tax se's linger too long & can't wait to feel normal again.
Karen - I will be having my surgery about the same time as you (not long after chemo is it?) will find out on thursday what's happening. I heard about nioxin too & theres also fast shampoo from amazon which has been recommended. There's also revitalash for lashes but I think it's expensive too (I think we are worth it). My eyebrows & bottom lashes are all gone, eyes are watering constantly so can't even wear make up to look better. At least it perks you up if you look half decent!
Mungosmum - Are you going to plant anything this year? It's not too late. Our veg had a spurt whilst we were away, so did the weeds though!
Hope you all have a good day xxx

Mungos_mum

Hi All,
Tax truck is receding, just in time for the next one to park!! The summit is now in site, just the final incline to go!
Angela - I was not offended, I thought it was really funny! And a small part of me agrees with you as I would have dug the lot over in one afternoon last year, but even if I have accepted the need for help, I still feel guilty!! However, I am very happy as the gardener finished yesterday and I can now plant up. It will look rather sparse for a jungle bed this year, but should look fantastic next year!
Pammy - I've been getting blisters in really strange places over the last few weeks, presumed they were a Tax side effect. I've been feeling better over the last couple of days, but I'm shattered today. go figure! I'm seeing the onc again this week (we usually see Nurses between appointments unless treatment is changing) to discuss how quickly I can take supplements and ask about detoxing/diet. If I find anything interesting out, I will share.
have a great day everyone, xx
AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 5 DAY 15
Scottydog – thank you for your care, and yes, sunny spain is just around the corner thank God! I really can’t wait, and reading the magazines on home making has made me impatient to ‘start again’ with making stuff for a new home. Good for you doing the cycling. I have just been motivated to get out my mini trampoline after watching some Canadian guy on you tube demonstrating the moves...shame the view was only of his torso...should have seen the feet in motion...but I kept watching!!!!! Apparently even if you only bounce without feet leaving contact, it encourages lymph drainage, heart rate, and stronger joints and muscles. I can bounce for 3 (yes three) minutes!!!!! Think I’ll need to increase that somewhat, but at least I’ve started. That’s great that you have a date for your surgery...another one to tick off.
Honeymonster – thanks for the recipe, I was going to ask you for it until I saw the second post. It’s true that one feels better at home, but also I think I felt safer in hospital when I knew something wasn’t quite right.
Nora – hope your energy levels are on the rise now. It’s horrid when you feel so low.
Mumgo’smum – I’m glad your SE’s this time seem to be not so bad, long may it continue. I hope you didn’t think I was criticising you concerning the gardener, I was only trying to be funny! It’s a great idea to get someone to do the hard stuff like prepping the beds, I know I would if I were staying here. Thanks for your care too, I do feel it’s been a tough few weeks, but then I also know that many are going through far far worse. They do say that talking/singing to your plants is supposed to make them flourish...i think Prince Charles does. I can’t see me doing it though. But I can imagine humming with pleasure though. That’s such good news for your OH starting work next week. Has he been looking long? My son has been out of work 2 years now after some bullying at his previous place...and someone, even though all signed a gagging order, is still doing his legs in on every application in the same line of work. It’s totally illegal, but proving it is another matter.
Nipinuk – so was your radiologist ok with using aloe vera on the radiated area? I thought they didn’t like us to use anything. So sorry to read about your dad’s diagnosis, but I hope it has been caught early, and will be treatable xx
Janey – that’s great news, you must be so very pleased and re-assured. I hope you have plenty of plans.
Suzy – sorry you’ve been feeling so tired today, I hope a good rest tonight will restore your energy for tomorrow. Yes I am much better today, just the sciatica to get rid of then all will be well with the world again.
I’ve been told I’ll have a course of 7 jabs after next chemo to avoid a repeat of hospitalisation, so I hope they are effective.
Does anyone know how to detox after chemo?
Love
Angela
Nipinuk

Thank you for your kind messages ladies. I will let onc know. I'm just gutted I'm not around to help out and offer support.
Pammy did you know Brazil nuts are radioactive? 135g bag of Brazil nuts has the equivalent radiation of a dental x-ray according to the Public Health England website - http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/Radiation/UnderstandingRadiation/UnderstandingRadiationTopics/DoseComparisonsForIonisingRadiation/
The thing with I find with eating well is the amount of time preparing food! I try to target 30-40 different ingredients daily as the wide variety provides most of my reference nutritional intake.
Christine, I had a Gardiniera at pizza express for dinner. Substituted the cheese for anchovies. had to refuse pesto as it had parmesan. I love pesto! Will make my dairy free version tomorrow as I just got some basil. Yummy with toast or pasta As well.
Oh yes, forget what I said about energy level being fine today. I was shattered about 5-ish. Came home from PE and straight to bed.
xx
Pammyx

10 days after number 5 beginning to get really fed up I think the effects of tax are cumulative. I came outin a blister on my good chest went to gp antibiotics gp said a side effect of tax anyway will double check with onc who I see in 10 days time but does seem to be healing up there is always something to worry about. I am glad to see that we are nearing the end I have planning radiology appt on the 29th July.
Everyone seems to be doing really well.
Mungos mum I too have been looking at improving my diet substituting fat etc with more vegetables and fruit I have heard that raw blueberries and Brazil nuts are particularly good which I try to incorporate into my diet everyday.
nipinuk good to see that you are well over the other side sorry to hear about your father.Exercise is something I must get back into difficult to do with all the aches and pains.
good wishes to all this is a journey we will never forgetsforgets
Mungos_mum

Janey - Congratulations on reaching the summit! Hope the SEs are kind this cycle, and you regain your strength quickly.
Nipinuk - I am so sorry about your Father's news. I have a suspicion that a tendency towards suffering from cancer can be carried within the genes, more than a link through the BRCA1 & 2 genes. Although my parents have no history, the onc was very interested in my paternal grandfather having died in his 50s from bowel cancer. It may be something to do with our immune systems failing to recognise the cancer cells as foriegn and therefore not dealing with them. mmmmm I feel some research coming on!
Tanya - Rest up and conserve energy. Hope the truck passes quickly!!
Karen - Do you have any tips where I should go to read up on diet? I am already thinking we will reduce our meat intake as a family and move towards a much more fish based diet (and vegetarian, although I will have to hide that fact from 3 carnivorous boys!) and am keen to make sure that we eat the right things. Seaweed certainly appeals to me, and will join in the great seaweed hunt in the south!
Daffodil - enjoy your break, recharge those batteries!
Garden partially dug, compost delivered, plants on order, transformation underway! I hope to get a lot of it done before next week as I would like to sit in the garden as I recover from my final treatment. Hope everyone has a great weekend. xx
Nipinuk

Summary of SEs with radiotherapy
day 1 - none
day 2 - tiredness. Had to lie down in the day.
day 3 - left jaw hurts (maybe from grinding teeth in the night??!) tiredness. Had to lie down in the day.
day 4 - left jaw still hurts, twinges in area where tumour was. Energy fine.
day 5 - left jaw still aches, knee joints hurt, more twinges in tumour bed. Energy fine.
Skin on breast still fine. I bring organic aloe vera gel in a small glass container (little jam jars that you get with cream tea) in my handbag so that I can apply it straight after rads.
I'm still keeping up with my exercises. Good 'Tone up at home' article in Waitrose Weekend dated 20 June page 4. I'll take a pic so pm youYour email so I can send it to you.
I'm now doing 2 sets of 50 sit ups, 50 bum ups (bottom toner), 20 push ups on knees (chest strengthener) and stretching to ensure scar tissue caused by radiation does not contract.
Karen - as Suzy says you can buy nori or seaweed from supermarkets. I bought mine from the Chinese supermarket but won't be buying more as the area where the seaweed is harvested from is important. I was desperate! You can also buy icelandic sea kelp supplements from health stores. Icelandic sea kelp is clean as it's far from industrialised areas (e.g Japan)
Good news is there's a company quite near you in the Hebrides that sell organic seaweed! http://www.hebrideanseaweed.co.uk/ I called them up and they were lovely (a bit difficult to understand due to the accent). They will sell to individuals but the postage to me down here in Southampton costs a bomb so they recommended that I buy from Seagreens who buy from them in bulk and repackage them - I saw the prices (100g costs £34!!) and nearly fell off the chair! I'm sure you can get it much cheaper if you buy direct. The smallest tub is 2kg. Karen, I'd be happy to buy half from you if the price is right. I'd be happy to organise 'distribution' to ladies down south if anyone's interested. Karen, if you're planning to contact them, would you ask which is the best quality product for us? I'd prefer it in granule form rather than powder I think.
Christine - was it the Daily Telegraph that you read about gardening helping cancer recovery? I read that too! I enjoy seeing the plants grow n spend some time everyday looking and pottering about. It really is great. I told hubby I'd love a Victoria plum and apple tree for my birthday.
Janey - I'm so glad you're done with chemo! yay! I did remember as you were in my calendar but didnt have time to post this morning. Where will you be having rads?
Tanya - I'm so sorry to hear you're poorly. Hope not too poorly to see some films 🙂
daffodil - lovely that you're enjoying the sun which is non existent over here!
Had bad news today. I knew dad's biopsy results out today so called n managed to speak to mum who confirmed he's got prostate cancer. He was told they'll just monitor it as it's smalL and it'd be about 10 years before they have to do anything. Dad told my youngest sister that he won't be around by that time. Grr! 2 of us in the family diagnosed within 6 months.
Take care all and have a stood weekend. Stay strong xxx

suzy52

Hello All
FEC-T cycle 5 day 7
Doing fine, but too much on he domestic front has left me floored today! At least I'm doing something which makes a change from Hospital bed rest 😄
Angela - so sorry to hear about your rough seas, hope your in calmer waters now.
Janey - your onco appointment sounds very positive, great news.
Honeymonster, hold on in there - not long till all that toxic waste is history!
Karen - you can buy Japanese crakers with seaweed in also sheets of Nori for making sushi roll can be lightly toasted in a dry pan then shreded and used in soups or over salad - sure Nipinuk will have more ideas too 🙂
Nipinuk - glad to hear the RADS are going ok now you've got the maping sorted, be kind to yourself and be sure to take those daily rests. Tuna is one of our fav fish, but then we like all fish and miss catching our own, nothing like it fresh from the ocean!
Christine - Great news on OH's new contract! You'll be ordering the palm trees now 😉
Virtual Hugs to one and all xxxxxxx
Jlr

Thanks ladies, had my surgery back in feb so just radiotherapy to go now and then tamoxifen, feel so very optimistic now and can see light at the end f the tunnel xx
Honeymonster

Great to see you at the summit Janey, feels good doesn't it, although we know we still have few weeks of grot ahead. Tax truck hit today 😞
Guest user
Not applicable

Janey that's fantastic news so pleased for you. Have you already had surgery? Well done on reaching the summit big hugs to you xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Nipinuk great to hear from you, glad the radiotherapy is a breeze compared to chemo. I have my surgery on the 25 July, I'll be so happy to get t
rid of this little critter. I've been advised that seaweedis great for hair regrowth I've no idea where to buy it or how to cook it any tips please?
Thanks for sharing your experienceit really helps to reassure the rest of us Marchies. I hope your treatment continues to go SE free, sounds like you're doing all the right things.
Best wishes
Karen xx
Jlr

Hi ladies sorry for my long silence but this docetaxol really takes it out of me! Well today I had number 6 my last one, thank goodness! So glad that is over! I also had a really positive meeting with my oncologist too who actually said I had a very good chance of being cured! How cool is that!
Anyway I hope you are all doing well, I do read your posts just don't always have the energy to respond but am feeling much more upbeat after today's meeting.

Take care, janey xx
Nipinuk

Oh no, I just realised that the long post I sent last night is not showing So here it is (I'll respond to today's posts later)
Hi ladies,
I'm sorry for the long silence. I seem to be busy all the time but don't ask me doing what as I can't remember it all!
Honeymonster, welcome to the summit! Sorry it's so windy - it's Roadshow 😉
Karen, what fantastic news!! hurray!! I'm so happy for you. When are you booked in for WLE? It's great that you can now see the way forward.
Angela - I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rough ride. Sunday n Monday sounded a nightmare with you having so little sleep too. You must be fed up with it all. Good that hubby said something. That was reathat ad that they didn't even apologise!
Christine - wonderful that bed is being dug. Plus with that manure you got the other day, whatever yu plant will do really well! Do send us pic when you can. Would love to see it! Congratulations on hubby's successful interview! Are your parents still around to help out?
noraBatty - hope you get your energy back soon. Xx
woolfie - all the best with meeting onc next week to discuss treatment. I love beetroot! I'm growing them in my little veg patch!
i started radiotherapy at Southampton on Monday. 15 sessions over 3 weeks. Radiotherapy is a breeze compad to chemo! just tiredness at the moment. Southampton has 6 linear accelerators or linac for short. They are numbered alphabetically. All my sessions are on Linac F which does CT scans as well. Linac D is the other one that does CT scans too. I was quite anxious the night before so slept late reading about anti radiation diets. As the result I felt a bit tired the first day and felt a slight twinge in the other chest. The procedure itself took quite a while and I had my arms up for about 30minutes. The second and third time were much quicker. I was told that I would be scanned 3 times just to make sure everything aligns. I'm part of the IMPORT HIGH trial so not everyone will be scanned. There are about 20 people in Southampton who are on the trial.
Day 2 left me feeling shattered and I had to lie down! i haven't needed to lie down in the daytime for the last 2-3 weeks. It was the same today.
I bring my aloe Vera gel with me and put it on as soon as I can after each treatment. Radiographer wanted to give me aqueous cream but when he heard that I've got the gel, he said that he would use it over the cream. I didn't want to use the cream as it contains SLS. Another alternative would be to use organic olive oil on the area treated. It costs £3 at Asda for a 500ml bottle. I also try to go braless as much as possible to minimise friction. Some of my anti radiation diet include an organic egg a day, lots of seaweed, raw garlic (I don't like to eat it just on its own so made hummus and eat it with carrots, cucumbers, pepper and celery). On top of that, I try to juice apples, fennel, carrots, cucumber and celery (did the first two days but ran out of time today), eat lots of vegetables and drinks lots.
Suzy - I've never tried tuna teriyaki. How does it compare to using salmon? We love the organic salmon over here from Waitrose. It just melts in the mouth. Very expensive but cheape than eating out! I'll have to check out Japanese kale. How's the building work? Hubby's nearly finished the main bathroom. Still a long way to go though!
carol - my hair is fluffy too and will need to shave it again.
night all. Take care and endure! Xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Daffodil enjoy your well deserved break it will give you a real boost
Christine that's great news gardening can help with recovery. Like you my eyebrows and lashes have gone really sparse, one eyebrow more than the other. I have tiny hairs at the outer edges and nothing where it should be thicker, it like they've reversed! Apparently nuts and seeds are full of vitamins to help hair regrow, so I'm going to start eating more of these. I'm currently faking it using Brow Zing from Benefit which works a treat. I've noticed what a pain it is when you get something in your eye and lack of eye lashes makes it sting and difficult to remove. With regards hair regrowth I've read another thread which recommends Nioxin hair productd to keep your scalp nourished and encourage regrowth, its expensive but I'll give it a try when chemo finishes. I look like a baby at the moment, randomly I still have a tiny fringe which is quite deceptive when I wear my buffs. How are you ladies managing?
Have a good day xxx
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies,
Honeymonster - Good to hear that you have chemo no 6 over & done with, hope the last se's go gentle with you.
Scottydog - Brilliant news & so pleased for you as know what that waiting to find out us like!
I hope everyone else is doing ok, I am thinking of you all & will write more when I'm back from sunny Cornwall 😉 xxx
Mungos_mum

FEC-T cycle 5 day 13
Energy is slowly coming back. I realised this morning that I have escaped without nose bleeds this time too (touch wood!) so may be the blood counts weren’t so depleted. The gardener has started on the bed (Angela, very extravagant as he is just digging it over, I just don’t have the energy!) but I can finally start planting by jungle garden soon. I have started to drool over plants on the internet and have a lovely long list to order......
I made the mistake of looking carefully in the mirror this morning....... half my eyebrows have jumped ship, and I only have 3 long eyelashes, all around my left eye! Apparently it is not too noticeable as I wear glasses. May be people are just being kind.....
Honeymonster – well done on reaching the summit! I’ve passed the final cairn and should be with you soon! My nails are still growing slowly, but I think I have developed Beau’s lines on the thumb nails, which are a horizontal line which will grow out (I hope!) and is believed to be caused by a temporary cessation of nail growth which makes sense. Painting the nail black won’t have helped as this started below the cuticle.
Jude – I haven’t been told that I have an iron deficiency, but it is something I have been bothered with at various times. I plan on taking floradix (a liquid food supplement – there are various makes available blah blah blah) when treatment has finished and am eating loads of dark green veggies until then. I hope you feel more yourself soon, there is nothing worse than trying to keep going when you don’t have the energy.
Carol – I will keep using evonail, as heaven knows what state my nails would be without it! I keep trying to get my OH to re shave my head as I have some growth and I will end up looking like an Allium Schubertii (lots of little flowers on different length stems) but he keeps saying no as I have hair.......
Suzy – We don’t get ice mits at our hospital, and if it is only my thumb nails that suffer, I consider myself lucky. I keep forgetting to treat my toenails, but as I have typical female circulation, I doubt the tax is getting to the toes anyway!
Angela – I’m sorry you had such a dreadful experience at the hospital, and I hope your temperature starts to behave! Take care of yourself (as if you wouldn’t!) and make sure you put yourself first; difficult I’m sure when you are keeping a house in show home condition for sale!
Nora – Keep resting. I found that energy started to return about day 8, I hope this is the same for you. Xx
Karen – I read an article in the papers a week ago about how gardening has helped people recover from cancer. I find myself wandering around the garden checking my plants (mainly hostas) and humming in the process, and will look forward to planting up the garden when the (extravagant) gardener has finished. I’ll try to post a picture when I have done it.
We are hopeful that a contract will come through before the end of the week, especially as OH will be starting next Wednesday! I feel a few favours being called in!
We are nearly at the summit ladies! xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for the recipe Honeymonster, so glad you shared this would love to give it a try. I like your analogy of reaching the summit, my OH and I love climbing mountains in the Scottish Highlands and I've likened the big C to my toughest mountain yet, bigger than Everest! We are tough cookies
Nipinuk

how are you finding rads? Is it a breeze compared to chemo?NorabB sending you big hugs hope your SE reduce day by day and you get your mojo back I had a nice reflexology session this morning followed by a cycle. I'm heading out to do some gardening now, my wonderful FIL has grown my favourite Livingstone daisies to brighten up my flower beds

Speak soon

Karen xx

NoraBatty

FEC T Cycle 4 Tax 1 Day 6

Hope you are all well - have been reading posts but no energy to reply in detail as Tax truck hit and I am only just beginning to feel I have a little energy. So good to hear that quite a few people are heading towards the finishing post.
Take care of yourselves ladies!

love NB x
Honeymonster

Here's the muesli bar recipe from my friend, I didn't have all the ingredients so missed out a few things like wheatbran and I used olive oil and flaxseeds instead of linseeds. They were bit crumbly when I cut them so I may try adding more honey or cooking on lower temp next time - prob 180c.
I use a mug – any size will do.
2 cups of porridge oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
¾ cup wheatbran
1/3 cup linseeds
1 cup brown flour (I use spelt)
¾ cup chopped dried fruit (raisons \ apricots \ dates etc)
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup mixed seeds and (optional chopped nuts)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1 egg
½ cup veg oil (or cocnut oil to be super healthy)
½ cup honey
*Tip – put oil into cup first then top with honey to stop it sticking to sides of cup

Smooth into greaseproof covered tin and bake for 20 – 30 mins (until golden brown on top)

You can basically add anything you want too – spoonful of peanut butter works too.
Honeymonster

Thanks Scottydog, day 2 tax & herceptin and so far feeling good but have found that fatigue and aches hit me a few days later. I was very tired last cycle so hoping that isn't as bad this time. Made some muesli bars yesterday with lots of good things in to boost iron, a friend sent me the recipe. Rest of family love them too.
Mungos mum likened finishing chemo to climbing up a large hill and putting your flag at the top. I really like this! So I'm at the top with Nipinuk and Roadshow. However the view isn't so good at the moment due to fog and my flag is waving in the wind a lot :). So who is the next to join us?
Angela, so sorry you ended up in hospital and with the bed shortage and poor communication too, although probably nicer being at home. Hope you feel onoon next few days xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Honeymonster Congratulations on completing #6 that's a huge achievement, you're definitely headed for the car park. Let us know how you're feeling and if the elation keeps the SEs at bay
Angela sorry to hear you've had another tripinto hospital, you are nearly at the finish line what joy and elation when you can put this all behind you and start your new chapter in sunny Spain xx
Night allI
AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 5 DAY 12
Good evening all. The sun is shining through our front room window making me feel very comfortable and glad to be home.
Mungo’smum – a gardener making the bed? How extravagant can you get?!!! I’m sure you could use him better in the garden! Thank you for your suggestion of a cushion, it’s not quite that bad, but I will need to get something for it though. Hope your OH’s interview went well today.
Woolfie – I did wonder about pregnancy too, but if that were the case it would be the immaculate conception #2!!! There was a pig flying past my window yesterday...have you done a test?
Karen – that is wonderful news, congratulations. Cause for that celebratory drink.
Honeymonster – hope your FINAL chemo went without a hitch and the FINAL SE’s will be negligible and you will be able to be free from all this really soon.
Chocky – do you REALLY want to know what else can happen? Read on! I just had the fluff clippered off for the same reason as you.
Suzy – garlic? The mind boggles... hope I’m not going in to overdrive with imagination! (or hope I am really!!!)
Above, I referred to ‘being home’...Sunday afternoon I began to feel really tired, followed by having the shivers. I asked my GD to go up and find my thermometer, but she came down saying she couldn’t see it. Later on, when they had left, I went up and found it where I had said it was, but under a scarf...youngsters don’t seem to know to move things when looking! Took temp and it was 37.4 OK, so it was below the panic line, but decided to check later. It eventually went to 37.9. OH had had a glass or 2 of wine by then, so I had to drive to AnE with him as passenger. The usual routine was followed, and finally I was admitted onto a ward at 3am. I had neutropenic sepsis with neuts at 0.1. They are still that level, but I was let home as today there was a bed crisis. With the instruction to keep away from crowds until the weekend is over, and to go back to the ward if temp should rise again and by-pass AnE. The care was faultless up ‘til discharge when there was a communication failure between staff members. We were just waiting for meds from pharmacy before we could depart. I was told I could go at 2pm, but no meds (apparently). Eventually, at 4.30 OH went to a senior member of staff to ask where they were. He checked my notes and said ‘it says here home at 8pm’ that, I explained was old news, and another decision had been made. The next thing we heard was him reprimanding a staff member saying ‘it’s taking the p=+**’ apparently the meds were there but no-one had communicated that I could have them and go!!! There Wasn’t an apology, of course, but I’m home now, that’s the important thing.
Take care everyone. Chat some more soon.
Love
Angela
suzy52

FEC-T cycle 5 day 5

Hurray Karen that's great news! So the toxic cocktail really works 😄 So pleased for you, bet the vino tasted good 😉
Go Honeymonster its must be a fantastic refiel to know your approaching the car park!

Angela I have to admit I have been a martyr to my 'Chalfont St Giles'! Boots supositories are the best thing I've found - hope your sitting more comfortably today xx I did read a homeopathis remedey which involved a garlic clove, but decided not to go there!!

Christine I found the evonail has really worked for me , though I did get sore nail beds - but like you the toe nailsseem unscathed. Do you get ice mitts at your hospital for TAX? Hope your OH got the job, fingers crossed xx

Jude hope the blood stays rich.

Choccy On the subject of hair, I look like baby bird with fine stray longish grey hair mixed in with stubble, I'm going to shave it again to get an even grow back - less of the 17th century asylum look!

Nipinuk hope the 1st RADs went ok. Thought of you last night as I tucked into BBQ teriyaki tuna & rice with Japanese kale, yum!

Feelin pretty good on the FEC - long my that last! Going out to friends for supper tonight - hope I can get past the 9.30 wall, usually doremouse syndrome takes over then 😉
Have a Good Evening all xoxoxoxox
Choccy61

FEC-T, Cyle 5, Day 11 (Tax)
Brilliant news, Karen! All that pain has been worth it 😄

Good luck for your final blast tomorrow Honeymonster - will be thinking of you! So far my finger nails are holding up. I haven't been treating my toenails but because the weather's not been great, they've not really seen the light of day! If I had dark hair all over, I might have a shadow too - as I have a fair bit of grey, I don't really have a shadow but my head feels fluffy when I run my hand over it!

Wishing your OH good luck for his interview tomorrow Christine! Hope your nail pain is a temporary SE, and not an ongoing problem. Are you going to keep going with the Evonail?

Dear me, Angela, what else can happen - glad you're in better spirits, despite everything!

Jude, hope the iron tablets work for you in time for your next session and hope all goes well on Thursday.

Night night
Xx
Cassowary

HoneyMonster, great news about the bloods. Hope all goes well tomorrow. I am Day 12 so another few days to go and like you I need to get my bloods sorted before my final chemo can go ahead as I am also anaemic at the moment, but hopeful that the iron tablets will do the business in the next few days. I am meeting onc on Thursday to discuss the scheduling of the next tteatments as I have to start Herceptin as well as arrange for rads.
Take care. Jude
Honeymonster

Hello Marchies, bloods all fine today and no need for another transfusion. So number 6 (and FINAL chemo) going ahead tomorrow morning. Yay!!! Can't believe that part of this "adventure" is over. I like the way the Valentines talk about reaching the car park. So tomorrow I'll try and follow Nipinuk and Roadshow - who's joining us next - is it Jude? Just hope I have enough change for the meter!

Sorry to hear if the hard time you're going through Angela - hugs. Congratulations Scottydog, amazing news that's worth celebrating! Mungo's mum - my nails feel the same but still look ok. Funny how I can't open blister packets too - bit of a problem next few days with all my tablets! My nails are still really growing which is odd, thought they would have stopped. My hair is growing back too - dark shadow there.

Night night to you all and it won't be long before you're at the end too 🙂
Honeymonster

Hello Marchies, bloods all fine today and no need for another transfusion. So number 6 (and FINAL chemo) going ahead tomorrow morning. Yay!!! Can't believe that part of this "adventure" is over. I like the way the Valentines talk about reaching the car park. S
Mungos_mum

Fantastic Karen! It is so good to hear news when this diabolical treatment is worth it and making a difference.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies
Well after six monthsof dread I got some great news today, my surgeon advised that the tumouris greatly reduced, so much that she can now do a Wle rather than the original Mx. I'm on cloud 9, so relieved that chemo has worked its magic. It had been hanging over me like a black cloud, I'm a glass half full person but it had been getting me down. OH and I went for a cycle and a glass of vino to celebrate.I'll have a quicker recovery then

15 rads, then I can think about booking a nice holiday to relax.
Have a great evening
Karen xx

Mungos_mum

FEC-T cycle 5 day 11
Hope everyone is out enjoying themselves in some lovely sunshine.

I have been religiously coating my nails in evonail and did use black nail varnish on the first cycle. Unfortunately I have some nail pain, not too much, but enough to stop me opening food packets, and having trouble with tablet blister packs. I noticed today that some of my nails are also deformed slightly at the base. oddly enough, my toe nails, which have not been treated with such care, seem to be much better!

On the plus side, OH has a second interview tomorrow in London, with a team he has worked with before. Finger crossed! xx
Woolfie

Dear all
Trying to keep up with the posts but failing!
Shelley welcome back hope you are feeling better.
Daffodil what amazing news.
Angela i am with you on the beetroot front i cooked my own a little while ago because lots of those you get ready prepared have sweetner added I really don't know why as beet is sweet enough. I either crave pickly things or toast and jam -you don't think I am pregnant do you! haha! (watch out for the flying pigs) Sorry to hear about all your troubles hard to endure under those circumstances. Hope OH's gout clears up soon.
Nipinuk- makes me feel tired just reading what what you've got planned! Well done you.
I have meeting with oncologist next Monday to discuss rads but only on cycle 5 on Tuesday one of the radiographers said there could be 6 weeks between chemo and rads but will be interested to hear how its going for those starting soon. i am already familiar with the teams working in that department because of OH so it paves the way a little.
Hope all is well with everyone
Cassowary

Yes, good luck, Linda
those of us following in your steps will be very interested to read about your experience.
Jude
Mungos_mum

Good Luck today Linda, Blazing the trail on the RADS front! xx
Mungos_mum

Oh Angela! I have given up imagining what other indignities this treatment can provide! I'm not surprised they don't give us the complete story before we sign up
I can't offer more suggestions that to take care..... and a cushion!
Glad your are on the up though, long may it last!!
Rain here, but we should enjoy our Sunday regardless, not least because I cannot force the troups to do the lawn for me today! We have booked a gardener for the bed though, yipee!!!!
AngelaG

my joy is now really complete...to add to everything else...no money in the bank but piles elsewhere (metaphorically speaking!) ministry of funny walks is heading this way. oh well, i am feeling more like myself despite everything. have a lovely sunday everyone.
angela xx
AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 5 DAY 9
Mungo’smum – pleased your stomach is settling down and that the exhaustion will eventually abate.
Daffodil – doing the ordinary things can be quite a boost as you say, our lives have been on hold in so many ways now for around 6 months, and we’ve not felt up to those things. However we are enduring, and the end is nigh!!! I had my wispy stubble clippered off by my OH’s hairdresser (who comes to the house) and she said it was just fluff and that clippering was the right thing to do.
Jess – even though I have been quite tearful this cycle, it has also been kind of liberating, in that normally I would swallow my emotions, and no one would know what I was feeling. Now those around me know, and have risen to the occasion. There’s been no ‘there, there’ type response, but more effort to ‘be there’ as it were. Also it was a release of the tension. The meds for the pain have worked to a degree. I am still in pain, but not sooo bad. The diazepam does relax and so sleep is more quality, and walking now is painful and slow, but I don’t need a stick. So it is improving. My son suggested getting a tens machine. I remember my mother had one, and we only just recently threw it out!!
Suzy – so glad you had a good night, I hope this continues for you. Now your poor OH is suffering too. What causes gout, and what is the treatment? We have just had rhubarb crumble and Cornish ice cream...yummy. Another thing that ‘hits the spot’ taste wise is beetroot dipped in a very little vinegar. Thank you for your empathy over emotions. I really do feel much better today thank you. Added to the codein and diazepam, the gp said I’d need laxative to deal with SE’s of those! Thankfully senna was enough...at the moment anyway!! Didn’t want that pain to add to the rest.
Carol – yes, much better today thank you. Your ‘lazy day’ sounds good. Did it continue into the evening? I hope so. It does no harm to take it easy. So pleased you have a holiday to look forward to too. That will be very therapeutic. That’s interesting that you’ve had your planning meeting for rads already. I’m at the same stage as you, and have heard nothing. I must remember to ask....that’s another problem...i think of a question and seconds later I can’t remember what it was! Chemo brain!
Have a great Sunday, and father’s day tomorrow, may the force be with you all. Goodnight xx
Love
Angela
Mungos_mum

FEC-T cycle 5 Day 9
SEs have finally become cumulative and the exhaustion is just going on and on. Managed a trip out to supermarket and had to prop up the conveyor belt 😉 I am so tired, and I now look it constantly unfortunately. My skin is also a weird colour; I look as if I have a tan, but it is not my usually tanning colour.
Jude – I’m seeing the onc before the next cycle to discuss tamoxifen. I would much prefer to get chemo completely out of my system before I start (six weeks?), but might have to negotiate! I think it only reasonable to expect our bodies to cope with just one treatment at a time.
Angela – you really have a lot to deal with at the moment. Give yourself some time and let the emotions roll! I agree with Suzy in that it helps for family to know how you feel, it helps them gauge the support you need. You seem to have lots of trips out planned - love the diversion tactics! I unfortunately am off driving at the moment, so reliant on hubby for lifts, (so it is rather a relief he is has been able to take a few months off.)
Nipinuk – It is great that you seem to have got your energy back, it gives me hope (she says lounging on the sofa!!!!!), but take it easy when you start RADS. I read somewhere that it can take more than 6 weeks for your body to get rid of all the chemo, and RADS can make you tired. You have real self control if you can refuse chocolate! I have vowed to stick to dark chocolate from now on, to limit the dairy. I’m not sure I could stop altogether!
Carol - I’m a bit jealous of your tickets to see Robbie. Glad you managed to get your appointment moved back to enjoy it. Enjoy Nottingham tomorrow, safe journey! I only seemed to get decent meals when my parents came to see me! I expect your son will be so pleased to see you coping so well with your treatment too.
Jess – I’m not sure if chemo does upset scar tissue particularly, but I am still getting ghost pains from my MX and the area is still very numb. Any operation of the magnitude we had (and I count WLE in this too, any such op takes a large amount of tissue away) takes a long time to recover from and the nerves are the last to fully recover. Having said that, speak to your BCN to be sure! Hope your nausea lifted early enough to enjoy the weekend.
We got Mungo as a rescue a year ago, and I seem to be the favourite in the family, probably because I am around all day, which seems to make the protection even more important!
Suzy – I’ve read quite a bit about 3D printers; there’s no reason why you can’t request something yourself. You could start simple, new knitting needles, for example, and progress up to the more complex, a car may be? 😉 Glad cycle 5 has been easier. Long may it last!
Daffodil – Glad your energy is coming back. Thanks for the tip regarding regrowth during treatment; I’ll re razor mine this weekend too. It’s looking rather scrappy but ignored as kept under hats!
Best wishes to everyone, hope you are having a great weekend. xx
Choccy61

FEC-T, Cycle 5, Day 9 (Tax)

Hello Ladies
Hope you're all feeling well enough to enjoy the weekend 🙂

Suzy - so pleased your return to FEC was uneventful 🙂 Well done on being able to eat last night too. I've got off so lightly with SEs but whilst on FEC all I could manage on the day was chicken soup! Everything tastes salty to me on Tax from day 2. My OH also has recurring gout attacks, not sure that he's as stoic as your hubbie though - I'm left in no doubt about how much pain he's in! I hope you continue to feel well - just one more for you now too 😄
Daffodil - yes, a pic of you in your wig please! Mine is better than my pre-chemo hair too, though it's a bit frazzled at the edges now! Although, when I was out with a friend who straightens hers a lot (as I used to too), it just looked liked hers - a bit dry and frizzy at the ends! We're going to try and go away in September if we can, had to cancel our planned trip to New York and Antigua because of all this so do want to do something if we can. Depends on herceptin dates, son coming back from uni date, and cost of insurance! I know what you mean about fruit tasting salty - I bought a jelly with tropical fruit from M&S the other day as I've had a sore mouth and though cold jelly and fruit might hit the spot but it tasted awful! Looking forward to getting my taste buds back. Have a lovely time in Cornwall, our neighbours have gone there today for 2 weeks so I hope the weather is good for both of you.
Jess - I hope your nausea is better today and glad you haven't felt so down this cycle. Fingers crossed your final one is as good.
Angela - are you feeling more comfortable? I do hope so, you have more than enough on your plate at the moment.
Nipinuk - do you start rads on Monday? Good luck - let us know how it goes!

I've had a lazy day today - lounging around drinking cups of tea (now with sugar - thanks Daffodil for the tip ;)). Despite my temperature keep creeping up Tuesday to Thursday, it seems as though starting the GCS-F injections on day 2 and continuing for 10 days has done the trick with avoiding being neutropenic again, fingers crossed. Feeling quite chipper today - my appointments have come through for rads, so I can "look forward" to the next phase, if that's the right expression. Planning session on 8/7 then 15 sessions starting on 29/7 so will be done and dusted by mid August. Off to Nottingham tomorrow to see our son at uni, so that he (I ;)) can take OH out for Father's Day Lunch. Haven't seen him since Easter when I still had hair - he's looking forward to seeing me without hair! And, we've just booked a couple of days away at Lulworth Cove between the end of chemo and before rads start, so looking forward to that :).

Well, take care lovely ladies and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Carol xx
suzy52

FEC-T cycle 5 Day 2
Well remarkably quiet night, no heart flutters, rageing headache, reflux or nausia! Just feeling washed out - that I can handle. I was very worried as my friends had people over for supper and she had made her famous cheese souffles and chocolate mousse, I was thinking this is not the kinda fod I should be having just after FEC, but hey it was fine, no adverse results 😄
OH is happy to see me so peerky today - I, like so many of us have been really down, and he is struggling with a gout attack at the mo which makes him very blue, but he is so stoic, bless him.
Jess is'nt it strange how the chemo game effects us all so differently?! I never had a problem with fruit tasting salty on TAX, but I find fish a challenge sometimes. I was a little worried about eating soft fruit this summer but have discovered I love strawberrys just cooked with a squeeze of lemon and some sugar - a lovely compote to eat with yoghurt. Hope your salty sensation goes soon!
Angela you poor honey, what with all your battles with pain and the stress of trying to sell your house its no wonder you are tearfull. My best advice is let it go - don't try and mask how your feeling to anyone, unless they are a potential house buyer, then your going to have to bottle it 😉 seriously though family and friends deserve to know how you really feel, we are all in it together. Hope your feeling better by the minute.
Daffodil we need a picture of you in your 'new look' wig! glad your pleased with the results 🙂
Love to all Suzy xxxxxoooxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Well, the nausea hit me again today, I think I did too much. As tomorrow is day 10, it should start to ease.
Suzy - I hope everything went ok for you today and you are enjoying all the fruit - I really miss my fruit as the TAC chemo has put me off a lot of fruits as they just taste salty. I did manage a satsuma today though - yay!!
Daffodil - I know exactly what you mean, shutting yourself away. My low/emotional moods really got to me, I was so tearful. They usually occurred from about day 4 through to day 10/11 (except for round 4 when the moods lasted till about day 14). My Onc prescribed me some Lorazepam for this round to help with the moods but so far, I haven't needed to take any as I haven't felt blue/emotional at all. Quite bizarre! So, I can't say whether they are any god but he did say if I had the need to take any, it would make me sleep more. I really dreaded having the moods again this round but I've been ok. I'm glad you're feeling better and your energy is coming back - in time to enjoy your trip to Cornwall. Have a great time.
Angela - sounds like you have a very good and caring GP, I hope the medication helps your sciatica. With the added sciatica problem, your tooth/jaw problem, it's no wonder you are sounding weary and having a good cry. You've had a tough time recently. 33 years in your home! So many memories. When my parents sold up 6 years ago to move to the South of France, they had been in their house for 31 years and as you say, there was a lot of stuff to get rid of.
I hope everyone is ok and have a great weekend.
lots of love Jess xxx
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies, energy coming back at last. I went & had my wig cut yesterday, was so nice to sit in a hairdressers again & so pleased with the result, even oh noticed & said it looked like my pre chemo hair (wigs actually nicer, just not as comfy). Anyway she's a my new hair salon & she told me that any wispy hair growing back during chemo is damaged, so will definatley be clippering after now.
Twin number1 - Good to hear you are a bit better & feeling brighter this cycle, I have found this one my most emotional so far. Yesterday was my first day feeling better (day 10), I tend to lock myself away & don't want to see anyone unless it's others who know what I'm going through. I'm dreading feeling like that again on the next cycle, what did your onc give you & did it help? How lovely to live by the sea, it's definatley mood lifting.
Choccy - I can't believe you kept your cool with that nasty mrs Angry, all you need at the moment! Thanks for the travel insurance link, are you planning a nice holiday after all this?
Mungos mum - Have you been to Nicola jane to look at any prosthesis? I went to a support gtoup & they had some of their range their, they looked pretty good.
Will pop back later xxx
Mungos_mum

Be thinking of you tomorrow Suzy, fingers crossed for an easy return to FEC.
Pammy - hope all went well today and your SEs stay minimal. Enjoy your family visiting, but do have them share the load. This treatment is so unforgiving! I had an MX, and so far don't think I will have a reconstruction, mainly because I don't want to have too many "unnecessary" (for health, not for sanity!) operations. I am also not completely happy with the prosthetic, so an unsure what to do at the moment. Just remember that you don't have to make a decision immediately, and may be able to delay reconstruction to give you time to make the right decision for you.
Hope everyone is surviving, I'm still exhausted although stomach is behaving today! Will try to respond more fully tomorrow. xx
AngelaG

choccy - thanks for your best wishes. we've been in the house 33 years, so LOTS of STUFF to remove/de-clutter.
jess - thanks for the tip about a pillow, i'll try that tonight. my GP saw me today even though she was booked solid, bless her. and she's given me diazapam and codiene so we'll see how that goes too. she also told me to get back to her tomorrow before she goes off on annual leave if i'm no better. she also offered help with the emotional side of things, but i deferred on that as i think once the pain is dealt with i might calm down. i was blubbing this morning just relating to my OH about speaking with my son, and how i couldn't mask my weariness from my voice. it caused my son to worry.
went to our craft group this morning which was good therapy, and then frien & i went to 'the best kept secret', a cafe on top of the local hill in the park, for lunch. it wasn't nice enough to sit outside, but nevertheless it was a pleasant diversion.
all the best tomorrow girls, and may you continue to endure
love angela xx
suzy52

So, just got back from a lovely but exhausting day out to the BIG city! Hubby got all the bits he wants to build a 3D printer, its become something of an obsession we had a good vietaamese lunch and I stocked up with loads of fruit as I remembered last time on FEC it was about all I fancied.
Thank you to everyone who's sent good vibes for me tomorrow 🙂
Angela my OH had the same op as Linda many years ago ( his problem was probably down to karate) and he had the same experience, woke from the anesthetic and was pain free - touch wood with no more problems in that area. So what ever is causing your apin I hope you get it sorted soon.

Nipinuk Like your new picture, you're lookin good girl!OH did Wado Rhu Karate, but not for a long time - hope you reach you black belt goal! I find lifting concret block all the exerise I need these days, home renovation.building is not for the faint hearted!
Jess and Christine I think our dogs all know we are not ourselves and become very protective 🙂 A dobation on my knee is no light weight, but then he thinks he's a cat!

Choccy at least Mrs Angry got her come upance 😄 some pepple take the biscuit!
Love to all Suzy xoxoxoxox
Guest user
Not applicable

TAC 5/6 – day 8
Hello enduring Marchies
Well, day 8 of the 5th round and dare I say it, fingers crossed and touching wood, my side effects haven’t been so severe this time. The nausea has been there as usual but today it doesn’t seem so bad and I haven’t had any of my usual low/black/emotional moods which usually shows it’s presence for the first 10 days. So far, I haven’t had to take any of the new meds my Onc gave me to help the moods. Is my body/mind finally getting used to the poisons being pumped in? Or maybe there is an element of mind over matter and that as I am nearing the last treatment and there is light at the end of the tunnel, I am coping better? Not sure which but I’m not complaining! One SE that is worse from the last round is my legs – they are SO heavy and sometimes I feel I don’t have the strength to move them – I think this is “fatigue”. I am due to have RADS after the chemo and I believe RADS can cause fatigue so maybe this is something I shall just have to put up with until the end of all the treatment. I am also due to have hormone therapy but I’m not sure when that starts after chemo. My veins are starting to complain though, when the nurses tried to put the cannula in for round 5, it took 3 nurses 5 attempts to finally get it in. I hope the veins can just hang on for the last round!!
Choccy – My blood started to boil when I read your post about Mrs Angry in the car park, what an annoying/impatient/angry woman! It always amazes me how some people behave. By the way, I am SO envious you seeing Robbie, love him.
Mrs B – so sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough time on cycle 4 and that you ended up in hospital. I hope you are faring better on cycle 5 now that the Tax has been reduced. I too am determined that I stay on schedule for all my chemo rounds, I don’t want my last one on 27 June to be delayed as I want to get my life back!
Nora Battey – good look with your first Tax tomorrow.
Karen – I too am very lucky to live by the sea and there’s nothing better than sitting on the beach/cliff to clear your head when you need to – or to just feel more positive about everything.
Jude – I’m not doing Herceptin after chemo, just RADS and hormone therapy. My IDC was 3cms but a total of 5.5 cms including the additional DCIS so presume that is why I will be having RADS.
Shelly – I hope you are getting better since your long stay in hospital and it is fantastic news that the lump has shrunk.
Angela – so sorry to hear you have sciatica, my twin has suffered from this on and off over the years and it is so painful. A friend of hers gave her the tip of when sleeping (on her side) to put a pillow running lengthways between her legs and this does seem to help her a lot – although I know everyone is different and the cause of the sciatica is different too.
Daffodil – fantastic news that your tumour has disintegrated, all that horrible chemo was well worth it! I hope you have a great time in Cornwall next week and I hope the sun comes out for you during your stay (I’m in Devon and although we’ve had quite a bit of rain the last couple of days, the sun is shining today!)
Suzy – hope your treatment tomorrow goes well and hope this FEC round is a bit kinder to you. As for Bruno and his seaweed blockage, he’s always been a bit partial to seaweed and chewing on sticks but it’s never caused a problem before. However, he is a Labrador so we have spent a lot of his 6 years visiting the vets with gastroenteritis etc due to the revolting things he will eat.
Pammy – Well done on completing number 5 yesterday. Have a great time with your brother and his family on Sunday.
Christine – you made me chuckle with Mungo sitting on top of you. Bruno too protects me all day, barking at anyone coming anywhere near my house but if not guarding me, he is sleeping for England and snoring extremely loudly so I’m surprised he can hear anything above it. He has always snored, ever since we got him at 8 weeks old.
Honeymonster – really hope your pre-chemo blood test on Monday is ok and that your LAST chemo goes ahead as planned. What a milestone!
Nipinuk – well done on starting the exercises. I am looking forward to finishing chemo to be able to start a good healthy eating plan and to start to build up my fitness/stamina. I was exhausted reading everything you have sorted for your kids this summer – they are going to be kept busy. And you taking them to everything – enjoy catching up with the other mums. I was interested to read about you massaging your scar. Sounds like a good idea but at the moment, I’ve had to stop my arm/boob exercises as it is SO tender and I’ve had some stabbing pains in the armpit.
Does anyone know if chemo can upset the scar tissue? I had the WLE and SNB (4 nodes in total removed) on 30 Jan and have been relatively pain free until this last week.
Wolfie – Good luck with your appointment with the plastic surgeon and the Onc regarding RADs. I too am to have RADs once my chemo finishes, not sure yet if it is to be for 3 weeks or 5 weeks.
Cocobutterfly – I hope you are continuing to have a relatively good cycle 5.
Jess xx
Choccy61

FEC-T, Cycle 5, Day 6 (Tax)

Evening Marchies,
I won't say good evening - what's happened to the weather?! Guess I don't need to worry about my hairy legs, they're well and truly under wraps!
Not posted since Friday, so have a bit of catching up to do!

Christine - hope your energy levels return soon. Meanwhile, enjoy Mungo's company! Are your parents still with you?
Karen - hope you had a nice time on Saturday - did you resist the prosecco?!
Jude - I'm also wondering if tamoxifen is the right drug for me as I'm pretty sure I'm post menopausal now. Not sure when I next see my onc to ask the question though.
Daffodil - such fantastic news for you! I'm SO pleased for you - you can go away with a smile on your face! Hope the weather picks up for you, but if not it's the perfect excuse for lots of cream teas 😉 Shame about your hair, isn't it annoying when you're not given all the information? And you don't know what you don't know, so you don't even know what questions to ask - that's what I find anyway! I did a bit of research about travel insurance (more from ongoing herceptin point of view) and think Insure Pink are supposed to be quite good, though I haven't contacted them yet. Macmillan have a page of insurance companies: http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Livingwithandaftercancer/Practicalissues/Travel/Companies.aspx
Angela - what a time of it you've had with your tooth and sciatica. Hope you get some relief soon. Glad you enjoyed your friend's tea party and enjoy tea at Fanny's Farm next week. Hope you get some serious interest in your house soon - we've been in our house for 13 years but I can still remember how frustrating the whole process is.
Suzy - sorry to hear you've had another spell in hospital. When my cat sits on my lap with my ipad resting on him I know he's not comfortable, and he gets quite stroppy, bu he won't move! It's a battle of wills most of the time! I hope your return to FEC is problem free - will be thinking of you.
Nipinuk - thanks for the offer re karate, even at full fitness (whatever that may be!), I don't think I'm up for anything quite so energetic! Impressed that you refused chocolate, and you're doing exercises!
Mrs B - really hope cycle 5 is better for you than cycle 4 and that the reduced dose is easier on you. My onc wanted to give it one more go at the same dose before deciding to reduce it. We must have been in hospital at about the same time (different ones i know), though I managed to escape after 3 days! I'm very wary now though, and hoping the extra injections do their job! I'm taking my temperature every hour at the moment.
Nora Batty - hope your first Tax goes well ths Friday, will be thinking of you. My hairdresser trimmed my wig as my fringe was too long.
Coco butterfly - I share your view about people complaining on Facebook about having a hangover etc - at least that's self induced! Although, I've also said I won't complain about having a bad hair day again, but I bet I will! Hope you contine to feel well this cycle.
Pammy - enjoy your time with your family on Sunday. Hope your SEs are minimal - one step closer!
Woolfie - sorry you had to leave the party early. Twice a day for radiotherapy for your OH - that sounds tough, even though he will be finished earlier.
Shelley - welcome back! 18 days - how did you bear it?! Really pleased your lump has shrunk, brilliant news! 🙂 Enjoy being back in your own home.
Jess - hope your nausea eases soon.

Finally, I caused a bit if a queue when I left the hospital today! When I was diagnosed I was given a free car park ticket. I put it in the machine as usual - and the ticket stayed in the machine, and the barrier didn't go up! There was a woman behind me who shouted "come on!" at me. As it was pouring with rain I had no desire to get out and tell her what had happened, and it was pretty obvious I wouldn't be sitting there for the fun of it! Anyway, I called the attendant who was at the other end of the hospital and so it took what seemed like an eternity to arrive. In the meantime, Mrs Angry behind me came and knocked on my window, so I opened the window and she said "Come on, I've got to go!" So, I calmly explained what had happened, to which she replied "Well, can't you move so that we can all get on?" I said "Yes, if you don't mind moving your car back to give me room". Of course, my ticket was stuck in the machine, preventing her from putting hers in, but I moved anyway. Then, I saw her partner get out of the car and try and force the barrier up! They still had to wait for the attendant who declared the barrier broken and made them wait. I was so tempted to whip my wig off and say "let's get things in perspective here!" but of course I didn't .....I got my ticket back and joined the back of the queue which, as it was 5.00pm, was by then quite long!

Anyway, rant over!

Wishing those of you having treatment tomorrow and Friday a bearable time - not too much more enduring to do girls!

Sleep well
Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to everyone having chemo tomorrow and sending big hugs of encouragement to those who have just had #5, together we are stronger
Karen xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to everyone having chemo tomorrow and sending big hugs of encouragement to those who have just had #5, together we are stronger
Karen xx
AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 5 DAY 6
Nipinuk – thank you for the update on Roadshow. It’s good she’s getting a break to recover, poor thing has gone through the worst mill of all of us I think. Also, thanks for your reasoning about massaging scar. I have rads after all this, so might do same.
Mungo’smum – you reminded me of our beautiful golden retriever which we had back in the 80’s, he used to love sitting on our laps and laughing/panting in our faces! Sadly he died of parvo virus. Did you enjoy your after lunch nap?!! I’ve been doing that most days!
Linda – thank you for the encouraging words. I’m very pleased you managed to have the correct treatment, and that you are now well over it and fit. That would be my aim too, but I suppose I’ll have to speak with the GP or someone to see which approaches they suggest. Not having actually seen the x-ray, I don’t know what the exact situation or damage is. But as you so rightly say, it is excruciating pain. I feel so OLD. And look just like my mother did at 91.
Daffodil – how lovely to have a break away, I hope you have plenty of afternoon teas to enjoy. Yes typical of the weather though, just great, it has been so miserable today, and cold too.
Pammy – don’t overdo it with the entertaining, you’ll be exhausted afterwards. Pace yourself, and make sure your bro and family lend a hand. How nice to see them though. It’s great they are coming. Enjoy the reunion. I don’t have any close family in this country. My sis lives in oz, and says she can’t fly long haul due to double mx. She’s not been to UK since 1995. It’s a shame, but have to deal with that. We speak on the phone once in a while though.
Good night all, and all the best for those having treatment tomorrow. Hope it goes well.
Love
Angela