1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring into chemo in March

Mrs_B

Re: Spring into chemo in March

Well done Pammy!!!!! Hoping the SE's are manageable for you.
Pammyx

REACHED THE SUMMIT!!!!!!!
AngelaG

oh for pete's sake... just wrote a post and clicked 'post' and i'm told 'no internet connection' grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! all lost
try again later when calm!
Mrs_B

TAX final cycle Day 3

OMG...looks like we're going on holiday!! Insurance sorted £70. Not too bad as it covers me for any cancellation due to delays in radiotherapy etc. We already had travel insurance with the bank so this is to extend it for the year. Lanzoroti (spelling?) 6 weeks after radiotherapy ends. Praying now that this final chemo goes well.

I too have some whispy hair growing through, but think I will shave it later to allow for more consistant length and growth when my 'normal' hair starts to come through again. I have lost all my eye lashes from cycle 4, but am still just about holding on to eye brows, though thinner than pre-chemo.

AngelaG - am too suffering from hot/cold sweats at night. Was watching the weather forcaste and am not looking forward to the predicted hotter nights over the next few days.
Suzy52 - yeah its a good job perhaps that some of our thoughts stay in our heads. Imagine trying to prove you are sane whilst on chemo!!

scottydog - am feeling optimistic and a little bit positive at the moment. Maybe you are right and its the fact that its my last chemo that has given me a mental boost. Was glad the infusion went easily on monday and hoping I can apply all I have learnt over the previous 5 cycles to get me through this one more easily. We are all experts now. I even passed on some hints and tips to a gent on his first chemo on monday.

Having said that, I am saddened to see all the new threads appearing for June/july chemo first timers. Remember being there and imagining the journey they all have to go through. I have avoided reading them, as it does leave me a little sad to imagine that there will be women that come after us. Silly I know, but here's to theday we won't need these threads.

My lovely in-laws have been around again, and done a fab job cleaning, tidying and generally being there. OH is turning into a domestic-god. Am worried though that he may burn out, so will keep an eye on him. He is being amazing. We are celebrating his 40th in four weeks. I have an amazing chinese style dress, black wig and gun in a garter. It's a bond themed party so I am going to be a mysterious assassin.

Hope all of you are well. If you're on the TAX remember to take the painkillers to build them up in your system before the pain kicks in. That's what I've learnt is best for me.

Take care everyone
XXDianneXX
AngelaG

just remembered why i started my last post.... a young chap getting chemo last week recommended a "chillow" for hot heads, bodies, flashes, etc etc. google it, and there are some you tube vids too. i think i might get one for spain at least, just to try it out. he was really enthusing about it for sleep inducing and coolness
A xx
Daffodil66

Hi, I hope everyone is recovering after last week & if not it passes soon. As Scottydog says I also found it easier to cope this time round despite feeling probably worse than the rest, have come out the other side now & just left with niggly se's. I actually feel like the chemo cloud has lifted & despite having surgery in a few weeks time am feeling happy again :).
Scottydog - We just clippered short to even hair up & it's growing but nothing to get too excited about. Is the benefit brow kit easy to use as I got someone to try the stencils on me yesterday (I looked like Captain Spock!). Your inlaws sound lovely helping you through this & thinking about strawberry jam makes me want a cream tea! But will have to wait until tomorrow as off to a lovely tearooms with a friend to have one of many end of chemo treats.
Pammy - I hope no 6 goes well today or have you reached the summit already?
Xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

MrsB Welcome to the club! Delighted your final blast went ahead, hopefully hassle free? I hope your SE are minimal, I'm not feeling too bad, just lacking energy and a bit out of sorts, nowhere as bad as my 1st chemo thankfully. I think the relief of knowing its the last one helps a million.
Nipinuk you're flying through rads glad you're finding it a piece of cake compared to chemo. Hows the fitness regime going? I need to get my fitness back after my surgery. How is your hair and what have you put on to moisturise your scalp?
Shells all the best gor your surgery next week, wishing you a speedy recovery, remember to do your post surgery exercises they really help keep your mobility
Suzy

hope you had a productive day in La Ville Rose, I have fond memories of living/ studying in Toulouse in 1995

Angela you are non stop, so lovely for you to be feeling well enough to return to church, no doubt they'll , iss you and OH when you move. Indian food is my favourite.

Daffodil has your hair just started growing since you shaved it last week? That's marvellous. I've still got a few long wispy hairs, hopefully it'll make a swift return. My lovely inlaws are up staying with me, we've just made a batch of home made strawberry jam, my house smells like heaven!Mungoes Mum hope you feel bettet with each day xBest wishes to everyone Karen xx

d

Daffodil66

Hi Ladies & so good to hear some more of you have made it.
Angela - Your post made me giggle, what is our excuse about being dappy going to be after chemo? You are not alone on the gaining weight either, not that we had any choice in the matter 😉
Scottydog - How is your hair doing? Mine seems to be growing & planning on using nioxin when thickened up a bit.
I went to a support group last night & we started talking about surgery which then moved on to exploding seromas! Great, thought chemo was supposed to be the worst bit 😛
Shelley - The ladies I spoke to last night said, when your energy comes back you will be surprised at how much you have. But from what I've read will probably take a few months, like you though I'm getting frustrated feeling tired doing nothing.
Honeymonster - Is your surgery soon?
What is everyone going to do to celebrate the end of chemo? After watching Rick Stein last night, mine has got to be a curry, might even live dangerously & order a take away:) xxx
AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 6 DAY 5
morning all...couldn't sleep so thought i'd just drop a short line or two to you all just to say..... HANG ON, I'M ON THE SUMMIT TOO SO IT'S DEFINATELY VERY CROWDED WITH ALL THE WEIGHT I'VE PUT ON!!!
i won't even attempt tp respond to the posts at this time of day, i'm already guilty of sending texts to the wrong people, and confusing my friends!! ie inviting a neighbour for a short walk, getting a reply from 'her' saying "you wonderfully strong woman, see you later" so i replied "is that a yes then?" "yes to what?" "to a walk later" "Angela, is this message for me, it's neena?!" the original message had gone to the correct person, but then a reply had come from neena to a previous days one from me, and my eyes hadn't focussed on the name!
so now i've confused you dear readers!!
i have NO PAIN ANYWHERE!!
chem 6 was fri, saturday went to an army day (11.30-4) at Woolwich Barracks just 1 mile from us (and 2 streets from where soldier Lee Rigby was so brutally murdered). it was a great day out and both the 2 1/2 yr GS and his 18 yr old sis, and my D and OH went. the sun was blazing hot, and i had to sit in the London Fire Brigade tent a couple of times to avoid getting too tired, but felt i had achieved a lot so soon.
sun i actually managed church after 2 months of not being able. that was so good to catch up with guys there, all of whom wanted a 'private audience' to ask how things were...that's a bit tiresome repeatoing the same info over n over, but it's only cos they love me! i never realised how much til all this, and i get quite emotional when i think of it. after that went to friends who's a nurse, and she did my jab as D was at her brother's for 1srt time in 6 months.
today (no, yesterday was monday!) so yesterday i organised my next 4 jabs at the surgery, walked down for that one, so that was my exercise for the day (bout 30 min walk total). then in evening a church meetine involving a delicious feast of curries, rice etc etc courtest of some of our indian members.
today, have app at hosp for a look at bras that will hopefully help me to 'even up' a bit. i tend to say i have 1 1/2 boobs now, and understand that RADS can diminish that a bit more (NIPINUK what is your info on that?)
then, IF i have energy i MIGHT go wig or fabric shopping in Welling 2 miles away. i'd like to make a skirt or 3!
well, need to be up at 8 for that app, so better see if i can sleep a bit....................................
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nipinuk

Radiotherapy (IMPACT HIGH trial) day 10
5 more sessions and I'm done!
Dianne big hugs! I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with Rads consultant. GRRR! so insensitive! I think it's good she knew you were upset n hopefully she'll be better with future patients.
I know what u mean about rads being so quick after chemo. My last chemo was 23 May. Treatment planning was 4 June and I had my first rads on 17 June!
I got my aloe vera gel from holland n barratt. Rads staff say better to use aloe than aqueous cream. I've been applying it faithfully 2/3 times a day. I bring a small jar with me and apply it straight after being zapped when I'm putting my clothes back on.
my dad says he's fine. He always brushes off any pains, worried keeps any worries to himself.
will continue another time. Take care all xx
Pammyx

Crossing the Irish Sea again coming back for my last dose of poison on weds when I will reach the summit albeit in a hazy fog until the clouds clear. Blister has now healed on my chest but now have two on my big toe wonder where they will sprout up next time round good wishes to you all I will be celebrating with fish and chips!,,,,
suzy52

Oh its getting exciting, so many of us Marchies at the sumit, it will be really crowded soon! Friday beckons and I'm running around like a scaled cat! Down to Toulouse today to pick up the kitchen doors, feel pooped but inspired,
Dianne, good to hear you got your transport sorted for RADs - and I empathise with you throwing all your toys out of the cot at your onco meeting - if people knew what was going on in my head I would be sectioned!
Carol, don't know about the kitchen's focal point being my painting - we will see if we can live with it when its finished!
Shells, falling asleep at the drop of a hat can only be good, your body regenerates while sleeping 😄
Christine, hope the space bunny feeling subsides - well done for tackling the boys lunch, each little step towards 'normal service will resume shortly'
Karen, free reflexology - that's too jammy! No such thing in la belle France! Have to do with the OH's foot massage 🙂
Hope everyone has a good evening and the SE's are minimal xxxxooooo
shells64

Hi ladies
well the end is here no more chemo its been a long road for all of us and i would like to thank all u lovely ladies for helping me get through it still a long road ahead of me but i known i will get there cannot wait tell next week surgery on the 8 . Also can anyone tell me how long chemo stays in the body ive not had chemo for a month now and i still have se my legs still hurt and i still fall alseep at a drop of a hat
well ladies speak later take care xx
Mrs_B

TAX final cycle Day 1

done it!! thanks ladies. Know we are all going though it, but really your support has been a real boost for me. Thanks mungosmum.

Patients transport sorted for radiotherapy. Lovely guy rang and he has assured me not to worry at all. Am being picked up with another lady who lives near me. They have even arranged our appointments to match so less waiting.

Hoping side effects are easy on me and can't believe I've done it.
Wishing everyone an easy drive into the carpark, as we rest and then continue on this crazy ride.
XXDianneXX
Mungos_mum

FEC-T cycle 6 day 4
Hi All,
I'm feeling a bit spaced out to comment to everyone, but wanted to send my best wishes to Mrs B - I hope it all goes well for you today.
I have more energy than I thought I would, (may be to do with eating a bit more than previous cycles????) but feeling rather woolly headed, so have crashed for the afternoon. Managed to get up to do the boys' lunches today, so do feel chuffed!
Hope everyone has as good a week as possible, xx
Guest user
Not applicable

I just spoke to a lady at Nioxin hair care and their System 2 is recommended post chemo , here's a link to it- http://nioxin.com/en-UK/products/system-page.aspx?sid=160, I ordered it through one of their recommended retailer s Terence Paul £18.90 free delivery.
Choccy61

FEC-T, Cycle 6, Day 1 (2nd Herceptin)

Afternoon ladies!

In the chair for my last dose - hooray! Just looked back and have more to catch up than I thought - still, I have time on my hands so here goes ......

Suzy - glad you've been able to enjoy some painting and how lovely that you'll be able to put it to use as a focal point in your new kitchen!

Angela - hope your SEs are not too bad after your final session. Fanny's Farm does sound good - it would be great if we could arrange to get together when we're all back to 'normal'. How's your trampolining going? How awful for your son - and horrid for you too.

Karen - well done on reaching the summit! I hope your SEs are minimal. Lovely that you've been able to use your camper van so much, quite cosy I should think if iffy weather!

Honeymonster - another one at the summit! One by one we're getting there!

Nora - Sorry to hear you had a spell in hospital. I hope by now you're feeling better and that your energy levels are increasing.

Christine - I also have about 3 long eyelashes on my left eye. A few short stubby ones on both eyes so not deserted me completely and I'm keeping going with Mavala and still wearing mascara! My nails are a bit sore if i knock them, which i seem to do with amazing regularity! Hope your garden is progressing - have you ordered all your plants?

Daffodil - how confusing to get mixed messages. I hope you get a difinitive answer soon. As you say, it's a roller coaster.

Nipinuk - thanks for the comprehensive list of side effects for rads. Last week for you? Well done on your exercises! I'm going to try and get back to walking in a couple of weeks. How's your Dad?

Jlr - congratulations on reaching the summit! And great to hear such positive news from your onc.

PammyX - have you had your meeting with your onc yet? Hope your blisters are improving - or have gone hopefully!

Woolfie - glad your OH has finally finished his rads. When will he find out if it's been successful? Made me laugh about your mum using a biro on her eyebrows! Hope your SEs are minimal. I had achey teeth with my first tax.

Jude - well done on reaching the summit! Hope the fatigue not too bad.

Jess - well done on reaching the summit! Like you, the final chemo seemed so far away, and here we are at the end! My rads planning session is next Monday so this time next week I will be sporting 3 tattoos too!

Shelley - sorry you had a rough time - surgery a week today. Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you.

MrsB - sorry you've been feeling so emotional and that you were treated that way by the radiotherapy consultany, and that you had to have your final session delayed. Hope all goes well for you today and that your SEs are minimal.

Well, it's taken me ages to do this post! I hope I haven't missed anything, apologies if I have. On herceptin now so in about an hour I will be out of here :). Had to get here for 9 and it was gone 10.30 before my drugs came up!

Have a good week all!

Carol xx

Honeymonster

Last Tax, day 14
Good luck today Mrs B, hope you have more success with your veins. This really is an emotional roller coaster And you are not alone.
Well done to the others who have reached the summit, hope se's aren't too bad. I've certainly been more tired and like you Scottydog have had very painful bad boob and breast area pain. Hope chat with onc goes ok Daffodil, it's amazing how the lump has gone but frustrating for you hearing different things. Angela, hope you had some interest from your viewers and that you are feeling ok.
Have a good week everyone x
Guest user
Not applicable

Mrs B sending you big cyber hugs, I hope your viens bear more fruit tomorrow. Good luck! I had the same problem on Friday, and sobbed like a baby as the poor nurse tried her best to get blood. My arms feels very tender still. Thankfully another nurse had more success on the other arm. Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time, you're in good company, we all get upset dealing with this roller-coaster. Have you got access to a cancer support centre or counsellor? I've seen a counsellor on two occasions, it doesn't mean we're going mad for me it helped to say everything out loud, get it off my chest, cry and have a sympathetic ear. If you can get this support I would recommend it. I also get a free weekly reflexology session, which is a real highlight of the week and a nice treat. Thanks for the advice about grants etc. that's really helpful. I hope things get easier for you as you're reaching the summit. Its such a relief - hang in there - let us know how you get on.
Best wishes
Karen xx
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies, I hope you are all feeling ok after a treatments this week & we are coming to the end of this horrible chemo nightmare at last. Seems like the tax hit me unexpectedly 2 days earlier this cycle, just hope it pees off early too.
Mrs B - You had every right to be grumpy, I would have been too & I hope all goes well on monday 😉
Bcn phoned me yesterday & has now thrown a spanner in the works, after seeing consultant on thurs with good news. As onc asked about whether markers had been put in the lump, which they hadn't! Cons convinced me that I didn't need an mx but now starting to get doubts if they can't find it then how do they know? I know we have to have faith in these people but wish it was all a bit clearer. Part of me thinks to have an mx anyway but why put myself through it if cancer has gone. Anyway will make an app with onc next week & get her opinion. All these decisions, its an emotional roller coaster & people wonder why we get grumpy.
I hope you are managing to enjoy this beautiful weather xxx
Mungos_mum

Fec-T Cycle 6 day 1
What a relief it is to have reached the summit! Flags unfurled and flapping in the breeze, although it is a bit murky to see far. Sleeping the antihistamines off all after noon has helped. Thinking of having a big party to celebrate feeling better in a few weeks time. bubbly will have to wait.
I did feel apprehensive again this morning about the treatment, but another huge dose of serious steriods and antihistamines kept the worst effects at bay. sat down in the chair at 10.15, and walked out the door at 1.10, Looking forward to my Spagetti Puttanesca and a quiet evening in.
Hope everyone receiving treatment is safely home and all our SEs are manageable.
Wishing all those following behind an easy ride up the last incline to the summit, and hope everyone else is recovering and enjoying a future without chemo.
Best wishes to all, xx
Mrs_B

Hello everyone, yes it's me. I'm still with you all, but been very emotional these last three weeks. It has all well and truly caught up with me. I have been reading you posts, but found it hard to reply. I have been crying at the drop of a hat and felt like a 'failure'. Silly I know, as we all know how hard chemo is and accepting your emotions is not failure.
Mungosmum...loved that you remembered me today. You made me cry but in a nice was. It was lovely to be remembered.
No chemo today 😞 Firstly, nurses were concerned that I had not recovered enough and wanted to postpone by a week. I was able to convince them to carry on. Secondly, they became concerned with some bruising where my canula went in last time. Again they wanted to postpone a week. Took doctor to say is was okay to continue. THEN!! they could not get a canula in at all. I have baby veins and every nurse has now had a go Third thing to go wrong convinced me it was not to be. So agreed to ty again monday. God knows what thy will go if they can't get it in. Feels like an anticlimax after getting myself all upset this week.
Have had my dates through for radiotherapy. Planning appointment on the 9th July and start on 23rd July. So only three weeks. Was really suprised it is so quick, from reading some posts, it appears that some are given a bit more of a gap.
Got really annoyed with the radiotherapy consultant. My husband said I was really rude. I said he should have heard what the words that were in my head. I know everyone copes differently, but I am finding the whole 15 days, 3hour round trip (by car, not public transport which was one suggestion), in the summer hols, the kids are off school ...stressful. When I tried to explain this, she asked if I had tried some relaxation exercises. GRRRRRRRR!!! help me sort this out and then I can relax. "what do you do to relax" GRRRRRRR!!!! I'm on chemotherapy I sit, sleep and do very little else. Yes she meant well, but GRRRRR!! Oh and the best "some women make a day of it and take their friends and go for lunch/shopping". GRRRRR!!!! yes perhaps if they have not just had four months of chemo, didn't have kids at home and their pay has not be cut. Really what planet is she from? I thought I was well behaved, but apparently not. Oh dear, will blame it on the having chemo head.
Anyway, saw BC nurse, and have to say she was helpful. Hospital volunteers are ringing me on monday and hopefully they can take me for some of the days. I will then call in the favours offered from my friends for the remaining days. She suggested financial consultation for money worries. Anyway hubby took bull by the horns and my suggestion to all you ladies is to RING MACMILLAN. I was convinced that I would not be entitled to anything, but is seems that if you have made enough contributions (as I have), after your SSP stops you can claim Employment Support Allowance. You need a SSP1 form, with your employer filling in their bit. SSP is for 28weeks, but this needs to filled in week23 to give it time to process. They have also offered me a grant, I was relunctant, but they said it was there to support me and not to worry. They even said that as I had had a mastectomy, I can claim some of the grant for new clothes/underwear as well as heating, childcare during my radiotherapy weeks etc.
So now dear radiotherapy consultant, I am feeling more relaxed.....and breathe aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
So what to do with my bonus weekend???
Good luck to all of use heading towards the chemo end. Roll on radiotherapy.
wishing you all a good weekend. May all our SE's be small.
XX Dianne XX
AngelaG

final FEC over with! i too was in from 8.45 til 3.30, but had some good chats with staff and patients along the way, as well as a sleep whilst being zapped. have new meds to adress reflux hopefully.
more tomorrow maybe...night all...just had some more viewers so supper and bed i think.
Guest user
Not applicable

AC cycle 6 day 1
Hurrah I've joined you ladies at the summit, it feels great! Wish I could have a glass of Prosecco to celebrate but that will have to wait. My poor vein has hardened and they struggled to get blood out. Apparently they'll recover in a few years time. What a long day I had, went in st 9.30 left at 4.00pm, glad to be home sweet home. Managed some scrambled egg on toast. I hope everyone's treatment went well today. Have a lovely SE-free weekend
Karen xx
Daffodil66

Hi, thankyou ladies. Good luck today everyone, thinking of you xx.
Angela - Good to hear you are able to enjoy your nice treats again 🙂
Nipinuk - Thanks for rads tips, is the aloe vera from holland & barrat?
Shelley - I hope you have a good week before your surgery, taking it easy & treating yourself x
I'm meeting my daughter in town today before dexy's finish for a bit of retail therapy & cake, think cakes first stop!
Hope everyone has a good day xxx
Choccy61

Just a very quick message as I haven't read every post.
Daffodil, brilliant news for you!
Good luck everyone reaching the summit today - may those flags wave proudly in the breeze! Hope everyone who's got there this week is not suffering too much.
Will be back later for a proper catch up. Have a good day everyone.
Carol xx
Woolfie

Hello all
Had further blood test on morning of chemo and levels had risen to 1.6 so just within the range but doc still wanted me to have injection 24hours after chemo so next cycle is not delayed. I have been waiting for SE's but as yet none other than my teeth are a bit achy.
Twinnumber1 good luck with final chemo and rads.
Suzy- my mum was never a great one for make up but she did pencil in her eyebrows and as she got more into dementia would actually pick up any thing like a pencil to do it -biro was not a good look and an old indelible pencil (which must have been around since the beginning of the last century) gave her a blue and somewhat startled look!
Nipinuk -thinking of you as I tuck into a piece of melon! I have found kiwi fruits really good but they have to be at just the right point of ripeness. Thanks for the aloe vera tip will get some aqueous crem not doing much fo OH's sore neck. My radiotherapy trial is called fast forward.
ScottyDog-we sing 'Ain't no mountain high' at choir this mountain sure ain't high enough to keep us from getting through this-see you at the top but you won't still be there in 3 weeks! I'll wave.
Nora Batty sorry to heara about your time in hospital and gald you are home again.
Cassowary great news hope your fatigue is not too bad.
Shelley good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery. i was out and about soon after mine and I had a recon at the same time so I am sure you will be fine.
Daffodil Congratulations. i am intrigued to know why you have to have ANC have they found signs there or is it just precautionary. Sorry if i have missed this info along the way. i had 4 nodes removed during MX and they found signs in the sentinel node but when they removed others 14 days later they were clear.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02yks81
Hope I have got the right link but Inside Health on Wednesday pm radio4 had item on tamoxifen which was interesting. I want to ask about the alternative (the name of which escpapes me) which apparently does not have SE of womb cancer and prevents osteoporosis.
good luck everyone!
Cassowary

All the best to those mounting the summit today and to all those over it keep taking the tablets.
linda - please be careful that you don't push yourself too hard. You do get through an awful lot as well as the treatment.
Daffodil - great news. Really positive. Hope you don't have too much oF a hang over today!
Suzy - great idea to place a piece of personal art behind your cooker/hob. Hope you have the energy to get started.
shelley / Nora - hope that you have both had your last stays in hospital due to infections, and that you are feeling alot better now.
MungosMum - garden looking good. You have inspired me to start thinking about planting a new bed that has just been laid.
hope everyone else is enduring this final lap of chemo.
jude x
AngelaG

FEC75 CYCLE 6 DAY 1
Well, here comes the last dose....hoooray!!!! then 2 weeks of possible SE’s and that’s it. Can’t wait for a little normality in my life, as I’m sure you all feel the same. Looking forward to seeing how soon my hair starts growing back, and what colour and shape (straight/wavy/curly) it’ll be.
Was REALLY bunged up with the co-codomol for the sciatica, to the point of depression, but all is well again now thank goodness. And the last 2 days have been quite reasonable. I took 2 of my friends to Fanny’s Farm as a thank you for their support. I have to say the cream teas were delicious, and so was the cake. But I wouldn’t book the “Pudding Room” or the “Tree House” again as for £10 a head I didn’t think it was value for money. It IS a very quirky place though, and I would definitely have another cream tea there again. (2 scones, jam, thick cream and a pot of tea = £5.50).
Mungo’sMum – glad you are enjoying your garden, I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do in our rented villa that won’t disrupt what’s already there. It will probably be growing things in pots which can then be transported to wherever we end up for good. I wish your OH all the best in his new job next week, and that you will cope while he’s out of the house. All the best today, yes, I am having my last one too as long as bloods come back as ready for it. Here we go, here we go, here we go...over the summit...what’s the view like?
Karen – thanks for the encouragement re trampolining. I have to say that since I wrote that, I haven’t been up to it, but.....I WILL!
Woolfie – did your #5 go ahead? And did you have the jab? I hope your SE’s are not as bad as you anticipated.
Suzy – have you started painting yet? I’d like to think I would do something like that when we move..if we have the time. I painted 40 years ago, but not since. It’s a shame really as it is very therapeutic.
Christine – hope your final chemo went well, and you are feeling ok. I think I was due to discuss rads with onco on last tues, but I was in such a poor state that I think she felt it best to leave it, so I won’t know ‘til July 17th what’s going to happen. Bit disappointing as I wanted to know sooner in order to plan.
Nora – glad you are home, and hope you never have a repeat of hospitalisation.
Shelley – so pleased to hear from you again. Sorry you had so much trouble though. Hope all goes well with you xx
Daffodil – congratulations, you must feel relieved. And the buubly is well deserved, you have been very brave, and now you can celebrate.
Nipinuk – thanks for the aloe vera info, I have some double strength already as I used it for scalp etc. So I’ll be using that for rads too.
Scotty dog – thanks for the link regarding detox, I’ll look later today and start planning my regime.
Well, all the best to those of us enduring the last blast today. May our SE’s be negligible.
Love
Angela
Guest user
Not applicable

Daffodil Congrats that's amazing news you must be so relieved, enjoy your bubbly girl xx
Thanks for your good wishes, I'm all set for tomorrow cupcakes baked, went out for an Indian tonight, which was delicious. Well done to those who reached the summit today and yesterday, sending big hugs to my fellow mountaineers tomorrow, best wishes to all. My boob has been really painful for the past few days hopefully this last blast will further reduce it.
Angela had asked about detoxing after chemo here's a good article -

http://marnieclark.com/how-to-detox-your-body-after-chemotherapy-and-radiation/
Night all good luck for tomorrow my lovely ladiesxx

Nipinuk

Radiotherapy Day 8

Quick one...daffodil fantastic news!! Really happy for u.
wishing Jude, Nora, Jess n daffodil minimal SEs and all the best Angela, Christine, Carol, Karen tomorrow.
I've been feeling really tired. Usual routine this week seems to be shower n bed by 8-ish!

Angela, staff at rads told me on day 1 that he would use aloe vera over aqueous cream. Hospital dont have budget to provide aloe vera to patients. use 99.9% organic aloe vera gel.

Shelley, sorry to hear about the bad SEs you had. Hope yr body recovers in time for surgery. All the very best!
nora, glad you're back home 6 days... How was the food?!

really interesting hearing about the rads planning for different ladies. Woolfie is there a name for your trial? Mine is called IMPACT HIGH.

jess, I've got 3 tattoos as well!
I've got some work that really needs doing but I can't seem to find the time and energy. it was non stop today. Partly my fault for making pizza from scratch (base, tomato sauce, pesto, caramelised onion) with salami, anchovies, mozzarella. Mine was the vegan version of course 😉
christine, I'm so impressed with your plant knowledge! In laws have been to wisley n they love it. Just read your last post. I can feel the upbeatness, energy n fighting spirit in your writing. Bring it on! Wave that flag high tomorrow x
Suzy, sorry to hear about your SEs. Hope you feel much better soon. I was doing my exercises daily until yesterday as was too tired. Prob not today either.
Take care n nite all xx
Mungos_mum

Fantastic news Daffodil - enjoy the drink (or two!)
Congratulations Jude. It must be great to walk out the chemo ward with no plans to return. I hope to experience it tomorrow!
Shelley, it must be a relief to have a next phase of your treatment set out, and know that you have no further chemo planned! I hope you are gradually feeling better after your hospital stay. We'll be thinking of you on the 8th. x
Suzy - sorry the SEs have raised their ugly head again, may they disappear quickly! My onc mentioned yesterday that they expect everyone to put weight on during chemo due to reduced exercise coupled with a different diet (not necessarily bad, but probably more carbohydrate than we are used to). She also said it would be easy to shift (but then she was about a size 10......) but I guess we will have to have some self control! (not easy when the boys enjoy chocolate brownies )
Karen - we can March over the summit hand in hand tomorrow (discussing hostas!!) Mrs B, I seem to remember that you had a delay following your hospital stay, I hope I am wrong and you can link arms with us tomorrow. Angela, I think you might be getting your last too! We'll look quite intimidating marching over the summit arm in arm! x
Best wishes all,
C xx
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies, had my results & cancer has gone, chemo has worked! Still need ancillary node clearance on 29th july & 4 weeks of rads. Slightly shell shocked as not used to good news, just enjoying a glass or 2 of bubbly. Hope all goes well for you girls having chemo tomorrow xxx
suzy52

Evening All
Shells - no more chemo must be a relief, sorry to hear you feel so knocked out after your hospital stay. Look after yourself and rest up, not long till the 8th and your surgery, another milestone on the journey. xx
Jude, Nora, Jess and Daffodil hope the SE's are minimal and congrats on ticking off the final number 6.
Christine and Karen good luck for tomorrow, hope it all goes smoothly. I have the same strangely mixed up feelings as the final dose looms.
Woolfie hope your bloods were ok for no 5. Good to hear your OH is through his RADs.
I seem to be swelling up allot more on FEC, ankle and tummy especially, I guess its just another one of those nasty little SE's. The weight is also on the up, yah boo sucks!
Have a peacefull night xxx
shells64

Hello ladies
sorry ive not been on that stay in hospital knock it out of me ive be back to the hospital they have took me of chemo and i have surgery on the 8 of july im having my left breast removed and having reconstrunction in 18 months and the right one done because im having rads
i
wish all the ladies having there last chemo all the best
well i will pop back later take care thinking of u all shelley xx
Cassowary

FEC 75 6/6 Day 1
Marchies,
Another one reached the summit. Completed my session this morning after receiving confirmation that my iron level was back above 10.00. Such a relief not to have any delays. Now resting and waiting for the fatigue to hit.
hope others completing this week are doing well. Just a short message, will post more when I feel up to a longer post.
keep positive
Jude x
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies,
Scottydog - I felt the same about no 6 & everyone else was more excited about it than me. I took a friend & it was a lovely distraction to have a gossip & giggle whilst being blasted. The nurses weren't busy so spent lots of time chatting with us, so nice to have the support on the last one.
Norabatty - I hope you get some good days at home before the next blast. As you say , nearly there 😉
Twinnumber 1 - Nice for you to be thinking about returning to work & normality at last. I'm planning on returning in October if all goes to plan with recovery & rads.
My appointment with consultant is later so I was googling & researching last night until 12, before I even know whats happening, daft or what! So popped a sleeping tablet & had the best nights sleep in ages :).
Good luck with chemo today ladies, thinking if you all xxxx
Mungos_mum

Glad you are home Nora, rest up get strong! xx
Woolfie, I hope your neuts climbed and you got the treatment you wanted. Fingers crossed for your selection in the trial.
I saw the onc for the last time today, got my tamoxifen prescription (one month's supply) and an instruction to get the next lot from the GP. I finally remember to ask about my marker levels and was delighted to find that they are well within normal levels. All set for the final infusion on Friday. I'm feeling emotional too; something to do with approaching the end of a phase of treatment?
Take care all, xx
NoraBatty

Just spent 6 days in hospital as despite lenograstim injections to boost white blood cells they took a nosedive after first tax. Really really pleased to be home though!
Very encouraging to hear so many of you are nearing the finishing line. best wishes to all of you lovely courageous ladies. Take care

Nora x
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck ladies having final chemo cocktail this week, I have mixed feelings of trepidation and elation for Friday. I'm feeling so energetic and upbeat today that I'm dreading another round of SEs and feeling sorry for myself. Its my God son's first birthday on Sat so I'm going to bake cupcakes for his party and take some in for the chemo nurses to say thanks for looking after me so well. They're a lovely, cheery bunch. I'm thinking of getting a good old fashioned hula hoop to help me tone up after my op
We can do this ladies I hear the view is fantastic from the summit
Love Karen xxx
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies, steroids kept me awake until 5.30 this morning then awake at 7.30 with the chemo induced hot flush! My chemo appointment was 2 hours later than usual so paid the price for having steroids later on the last one. Oh clippered my hair this morning, I took the plunge at last as decided the gollum look wasn't fetching & wanted hair & scalp in better condition . What are you moisturising your scalps with?
I spoke to onc yesterday about feeling emotional & cranky for the whole of the last tax & her response was I'm allowed to but probably not as bad as I thought I was (not sure my family would agree). My rads will start 4 weeks after surgery if healed, sounds optimistic as took 3 weeks for snb to heal, then tamoxifen after rads. They make it sound so straightforward ;)!
Woolfie - I hope your bloods are ok for next blast & oh's rads have done there stuff.
Suzy - Good to hear you are feeling better on fec even though you get the pukey feeling if not constantly topping up, strangely I have put on more weight whilst on tax & not eating as much. Probably down to having less energy & not as active. Love the oh's soft pencil idea ;).
Mungos mum - Glad you are enjoying some gardening before no 6 & very therapeutic when feeling well, hope you have sorted out a watering rota on your bad days.
Hope chemo goes well tomorrow for others joining us on the summit & others who are nearly there. It's a busy old chemo week!
Take care everyone xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marchies
My final chemo is tomorrow - Christine was right, I used to be Wednesdays but due to a hiccup during a bank holiday week, my chemo went on to Thursdays so my number 6 is tomorrow - I remember when I started the chemo in mid March and the end of June seemed such a long way off but here we are!
I had my CT planning session today for my radiotherapy which I've been told should start in 3 weeks time. I will be having 15 sessions. So, today was ok, I was whizzed about a bit in the CT machine and I was measured etc and I now have my 3 tattoos! They are tiny and look like black freckles, one in between my boobs and one on each outer side of each boob.
I'm hoping to return to work on a phased return in about 3 weeks time - Plan A is that I work mornings, go to hospital for the radiotherapy early afternoon and then home to rest but, I was told today that the hospital has one of its Radiotheray CT machines out of action so I don't think they will be able to accommodate people's preferences for timings for radiotherapy but it doesn't really matter, I should be able to work around it.
I am of course on my pre chemo steroids so I really need to get on with some housework before the SEs over the next couple of days so I will reply to everyone's posts in the next few days but needless to say, Ihope everyone's blood tests go ok, good luck to anyone who is having chemo this week and to those who have already had their chemos, may your SEs be very minimal.
keep on enduring! We are nearly there.
Jess x
Cassowary

Daffodil,
hope that you are coping with the SEs.
Jess &NoraBatty. - good luck with your final treatment. Fingers crossed for myself and other ladies having blood tests today.
Not much longer to endure this chemo,Marchies. Stay positive.
Daffodil66

Hi ladies,
Mungos mum - Thanks, yes the view up here on the dexys is fantastic at the moment ;). Just hoping those se's don't hang around so long this time though.
I sent a long post but disappeared so will reply again in the morning at a decent hour!
I hope all goes well for everyone having chemo today.
Night all xxx
Mungos_mum

Daffodil - hope everything went well today, and your SEs stay minimal. Hope the view is great from the summit!
I believe Jess and NoraBatty have their treatments tomorrow, best wishes. xx
May all blood tests go well this week for final treatments.
Hope everyone is well. xx
suzy52

Afternoon all you lovely Marchies,
Sorry for my leave of absence, I got carried away with a whole load of new projects and have been feeling so much better I'm even inspired to begin an abstract painting which has been in the planning stage since last year! It will go behind glass and act as a back splash behind my new hob in the swanky new kitchen - all very exciting! FEC has deffinately been allot kinder to me apart from feeling a liilte pukey between meals, but better now, and ofcourse I got the chemo nose n eye thing going on. Got very hacked off looking for the right colour eyebrow pencil yesterday, make up here in France is hellish expensive or pretty rubbish, then OH said why not do as his Mum used to and try a 2b pencil, I laughed , but do you know its actually perfect!!
For those of you interested in seaweed, I remembered dulce - its like a vegggie beef jerky, you can eatr it as it is or use it in cooking. These people seem to have a good range http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/dulse-seaweed.html not tried them yet.
Hope the TAX truck is soon on the scrap heap for all of you suffering the nasty SE's, along with the injections the suppositorys, the laxatives etc etc........... I think we Marchies can show the world we 'kick ass'
Enjoy the gardening, singing , painting and retail therapy and a little of what you fancy 😄
The end of the Edurance is in sight!
xoxoxox
Woolfie

Hi everybody
Nipinuk so sorry to hear about your dad. Thanks for the info about rads. I saw the oncologist yesterday who told me rads can start about 2 weks after chemo finishes I was quite surprised as I did not expect it so soon. Have also been offered to take part in a trial but not the same as you. This is called fast-forward-based on the fact that clinical trials in the UK and Canada suggest that the same or even better results can be achieveed with a lower total dose of radiothrerapy given in fewer, larger daily doses. YOu are put inot one of three groups each group will have a different schedule and chosen at random so I might end up having the 15 days anyway but if in the other two groups will only have 5 days and in one group the daily dose is slightly lower so I am going to go for it and hope i get into one of the 5 day groups that is subject to my being suitable for the trial.
Great news Scotty Dog
Angela sorry you had another trip to hospital hope you are feeling better.
Honeymonster hope number 6 went OK well done for getting there.
Nora Batty hope your energy levels are restored
Jlr-great news well done for reaching no. 6
Daffodil-sorry the weather cut short your stay in Cornwall.Hope number 6 goes ok today.
I am due for 5th cycle today however Onc told me yesterday my neutrophils are down(1.1) and it can only go ahead if i have injection afterwards. Not too happy about this because of possible side effects but alternative is to wait a week and I don't want to do that. I have to have further blood test this morning to see which way neuts are going but hopefully will be able to have chemo. OH had last radiotherapy treatment yesterday-whoopee let's hope it's worked. He was advised to use aqueous cream so the skin did not break. His skin is very red but he has had 5 weeks the last two twice a day.
all the best everyone! we are nearly there.
Mungos_mum

Hi Ladies,
I'm suffering for doing a load of gardening yesterday! I fell asleep early last night, and wish I could have stayed in bed today! Still, the ironing won't do itelf!
Scottydog - I love hostas, and sadly only have eleven! I have however ordered another 2, Blue Angel and Big Boy, both of which have extra large leaves. I already have a Sum and Substance which couples large leaves with yellow colour and beams at me from the opposite end of the garden. Not that I am a fanatic or anything..... I had a look at the Icon website, and found some interesting reading, it is good to have the research summarised in one place.
Daffodil - I have put in some tomatoes and am hoping the aubergines survive the slug attack, but I am not too hopeful! I'm going to Wisley this week to spend some vouchers and hope to get hold of a passiflora, and may be a miniature kiwi, which does apparently fruit in this country. I don't have much room to grow veggies really, but hope to make it to the top of the allotment list for next year. Best of luck tomorrow, hope you've got your flag ready for the summit!
I was hoping that I would have recovered from the Tax SEs by now, but I'm still tired, eylashes have gone completely and eyebrows are not far behind! Despite the Evonail. my nails are discoloured andquite sore and a couple have just started to lift from the nailbed at the tip. I have cut them really short and will now hope for the best.
Hope everyone is enduring, but if you are like me you will be flagging. Everyone keeps telling me "great, last one on Friday" but they forget to add on the SEs. OH worried as he starts his job next week and in his eyes will be abandoning me when I am at my weakest in the cycle. Considering the support he has given me over the last few months, he has got nothing to feel guilty about.
Keep well Marchies, xx
Daffodil66

Hi Ladies, have just been to get bloods done so all being ok blast no 6 will be out of the way this time tomorrow. I can't say I'm keen as have only recovered from the last one as have felt so tired this time & today is probably the brightest I've felt. So spent the day washing etc before truck hits me again. I spoke to nurse about not bothering with cold cap tomorrow as it hurt alot last time but she convinced me it's working so will freezing my poor scalp again. Also asked when hair would look ok to go wigless/hatless, apparently 3 months time :).
Karen - Glad you had a lovely weekend & weather didn't stop you enjoying yourselves. Can you use brow zing if eye brows are gone? Just want to know if its worth buying as I'm not very good at drawing them.
Nipinuk - My Dad had prostate cancer 15 years ago & still doing well. He did have a prostatectomy but treatment changes all the time as we know. I hope your rads are going ok & good to hear you have enough energy to exercise again.
I hope you are all doing ok xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies
Unexpectedly we went away in the campervan for the weekend, we went up to a boat / music festival in a lovely coastal village, lots of folk music, food stalls, jewellery and arts and crafts to look at. The weather wasn't great it was a mix of sunshine and torrential rain but it didn't spoil our enjoyment.
Mungos Mum I hope you enjoy creating your jungle garden, I can recommend Hostas they grow really quickly, require just a sprinkle of slug pellets and look very tropical. I attended a cancer health & well being evening last week, which was interesting. I also read a really interesting article in Icon magazine which advises what food we should eat more/less of. The current issue of Icon isnt yet on their website but you can read previous issues - http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=1504&Title=icon%20Magazines%20and%20Publication
Nipinuk I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, your Mum will be worried sick. I hope they can treat him and he makes a full recovery like hisinspirational daughter. Thanks for the info about seaweed I'll check out their website and get back to you xx
Suzy thanks for the seaweed tips, seaweed crackers sound tasty.
Daffodil Glad you had a good break good luck for Thursday
Angela Good for you getting your mini trampoline out and dustingit off. I read that trampoling is one of the best exercises to beat cancer I have been consider ing getting one, they called it rebounding in the USA, I saw some good classes on Youtube. Keep it up!
Night all
Karen xxxI