cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring into chemo in March

Highlighted

Re: Spring into chemo in March

hi JLR

glad you had a good break away. we'll be hoping along with you that all is well, and that you get the results quickly to put your mind at peace. looking forward to good news soon xxx A

Highlighted
Jlr

Hi girls

I had a lovely break away and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the villa, was lovely to see my mum too. Back to reality with a bump though, starting with a ct scan today to monitor the pesky nodules on my lungs and as that new lump on collarbone still there, they scanned that also! Let's hope I don't ave to wait too long for results and fingers crossed nothing sinister xx
Highlighted
The

Found this in another thread. It has 520 signatures, but think we can do better than that!

Free dental checkups and sight tests for cancer patients

Responsible department: Department of Health
All cancer patients should receive free dental check-ups and free sight tests for five years, i.e. during all treatment, as per the prescription exemption certificate received. Especially as chemotherapy is known to cause dental problems, and tamoxifen is known to cause sight problems.

Copy and paste the link below into your address bar:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/53515

Pass it on!!!
Highlighted

Angela your too kind Smiley Embarassed I bought a little book and watched videos on youtube - there are some amazing creations out there, I thought a mouse was the easiest to start with, I had trouble getting him to stand up!

xx

Highlighted

oh my, suzy, you really have a gift. the mouse is georgeous. my skills fall far short of that. how did you learn to do it?

Highlighted

Its behind glass Nipinuk - it would never survive otherwise! My new pic is the mouse I made :catvery-happy:

Highlighted

Suzy, just saw your kitchen pics! Gorgeous kitchen! gorgeous painting! The practical side of me needs to ask how are you preventing the oil splashes from damaging the painting?!
Highlighted

I'm still catching up with messages. Lol, Angela, the rope incident was so funny! I'm glad you're more able to say no for the sake of self preservation. Besides, you need to look after yourselves before you can look after others.

I'm still feeling shattered and I haven't done much at all!

Nora, you're so right. We need time to come to terms with everything that's happened and don't need the extra pressure of having to do everything like before.

Suzy, I missed your painting in your kitchen wall! How wonderful that you've put so much love and effort into making something special for your mum. I look forward to seeing it.

Your Halloween supper sounds fabulous! It must be terrific working in your new kitchen - woo hoo!

Haha, what does Henri eat? They're cute little things. Does Benson like him?

Haha, hubby says he needs to go on a retreat too!

Shelley sorry to hear you've still got problems under yr arm. Was it because all yr lymph nodes were removed? All the best with hospital app tomorrow. Hope you will feel more comfortable. Great to hear you've got a date for the big day. Fantastic!

Night all!

Highlighted

Hi ladies

Hope u all had a nice weekend still getting a lot of swelling under my arm going back to hospital tomorrow cannot  have bra on for long just hope they can help ?

Anglea-Thank u i had surgery in July lost my left breast I was just hoping I think to get back to normal by now cannot wait tell I can get back to work xx

Nipinuk- I think we have all hit lows times but i think that's normal for what we have all been through i had a good cry on Saturday and I think it helps xx

Suzy- Thank u have a lovely time at the party cannot wait to see the picture of present xx

well IM of to bed speak soon take care love to all xx

Highlighted

suzy, i'm looking forward to seeing your felting efforts. what a brilliant idea for your mum.

and maybe you shoud consider felting the hedgehog a little something ready for winter?!

by the way, i don't think i ever said how impressed i was with your painting in the kitchen, it looks amazing. it's good to hear from you, though i understand that we are all slowing on the posts, and i do think it's because we're getting used to the new "normal" and maybe don't need such frequent reminders of what has gone before. it's good to keep in touch though.

get that mini/long break organised and go for it

love A x

Highlighted

Evening All

Not posted for awhile - life's taken over, which must be a good thing right? I've been very busy and finally finished my Mum's 89th birthday present ready for her party on Friday night. I couldn't decide what to get as a gift, so I made it - a needle felted mouse in a green coat holding a gift, will post a pic later. Hope she likes it, she's had a multitude of Suzy made gifts over the years, some better than others!

Shells, so exciting about your wedding plans - hope you've picked out some stunning bikinis! 

Nipinuk - good to hear from you and that you found your recent retreat valuable - I really could do with a break, but would like the OH with me as I think he needs it more than me in a way.

Organizing a Halloween supper for our friends, sesame prawn ghosts, buried chicked and devils food cake! 

Angela you do well to fend off the enthusiastic parishioners and pace yourself. Have fun in Seville, we had a great time there, fab tapas :catvery-happy:

I have been commandeered to feed  my friends hedgehog for 2 weeks while she's on holiday, his name is Henri and personally I think he could make it on his own, but she has been such a wonderful support over the last year, I am honor bound to do my duty.

Love to all xxx

Highlighted

nipinuk

so glad you posted, we've missed you. keep your chin up as they say. you're through the worst. maybe you tried to do too much too soon? that might be the cause of your low feelings. i certainly had to slow down after our move, and the expectations on me/us in the new church were very high in terms of taking on everything straight away. i had to very quickly learn again to say "no". thankfully they now realise, as i LOOK tired when overdoing it, so they can see. so try to take it easy a bit more and see if that helps...so speaks agony aung angie!

anyway it's good to hear from you.

Angela xx

Highlighted

Hi Ladies,

I'm so sorry for the long silence. I did subscribe to the thread and used to get notifications when someone posted but I don't get that now.

I haven't had the chance to read the messages but must post as I've been wanting to for a long time.

Janey and Tanya, I'm thinking of you. Big hugs xx

I went on a 3 day, 2 night retreat near Swanage last Monday. It was funded by Wessex Cancer Trust (WCT). There were 11 ladies altogether including the facilitator and a rep from WCT (she's one of us really as she had cancer 3 times! Twice were breast). The retreat was wonderful. We shared our innermost fears, lots of tears, meditation, fabulous walks, wonderful vegetarian food. I felt very priviledged.

I've been feeling a bit low the last few days and I wonder if it's the tamoxifen that's doing it? Maybe it was getting back to the daily grind.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm still here :cathappy:

xxx

Highlighted

hi shelley

i cant remember exactly what surgery you had, but i had 2 lymph nodes removed and lumpectomy (losing about half my breast in the process) i still have some discomfort under the arm, and sometimes under my breast too, but when i mentioned it to my onco, she didn't appear to be bothered, so i guess it's just takes time to settle down. hope that helps.

it's wonderful that you have a date now for your wedding. it makes it even more of a reality for you, and something to really look forward to after the year that you've had. it's going to be a great day for you.

love A x

Highlighted

Hi Ladies

Its been a long time I've been busy with my wedding I have a date and time now august 30 at 1.15 have my dress just looking had swim suits for honeymoon I cannot believe they cost that much I'm pls to read everyone is getting on well I just have one question I'm still have problems with my under arm how long can this go on for have a lovely weekend speak soon xx

Highlighted

mungo'smum,   i too have the desire to be making, but think that is because all my stuff is in a 75litre box still in the uk. i'd like to be making christmas and thank you cards. but maybe i should look into making edible gifts this year seeing as all that is back 'home'.  any ideas anyone?

Oh called me to our terrace (he was down on the patio)...i saw the rope just within my reach on the roof, picked it up and threw it down to him. his shoulders sagged and he said i just spent the last few minutes throwing it up there for you to hold onto whilst i came up to hoist the wood up!!!!!!!! he'd put fire wood in a bag to get up to the living room! we had a good laugh about that.

Highlighted

ScottyDog - hope the rads go well -  just finished mine two weeks ago. 

Can really identify with feeling unsettled (and in my case  irritable with nearest and dearest and I thought PMT was in the past....!). There was an interesting item on Woman's Hour Radio 4 today about how we have lost sight of the need for a convalescent period and how people now  expect you to "get back to normal"  ASAP  after serious illness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03cmt4n/Womans_Hour_Waris_Dirie_Ada_Lovelace_Day/

I think it's only now that many of us are coming to tterms with the whole BC thing - when you are on the treatment treadmill it all seems a bit unreal. That's why it's good to come on here and chat to people in the same situation

Anyway hope you are all OK. Good to hear that people are getting away for a break etc 

Take care! Nora

Highlighted

Hello all,

Karen - I'm glad it went well today, and hope the rest pass just as easily.   I think that planning a party is almost  better than the party itself! I also like making cupcakes - but have always veered clear of sugarpaste sculpture, but try different icings instead, my favorite are passion fruit and cream cheese (just like cheesecake) and a neapolitan (vanillla, strawberry and chocolate swirled together).  I popped into hobbycraft today! I purchased yet more yarn, some bits for christmas and the thing I actually went in for, black sewing thread!

I've had a desire to make many of my Christmas presents this year, and am knitting and sewing like a demon to get is all done.  I'm quite sure this is related to my diagnosis, has anyone else felt like this?

Woolfie - have fun singing on Friday, will you be staying for the rugby too?  I hope the weather clears up for your trip to Wisley. 

Daffodil - have a fantastic holiday, you deserve a break after this year.

Angela - I'm enjoying reading about your escapades in Spain! have a great time in Sevilla.  I missed my birthday this year, having had a treatment the same week, but it wasn't a milestone, so will have to make up for it at Christmas!

Chocci - safe flight home. I'm very impressed with your 8km walk, in that heat too!  it's all I can do to follow Mungo round for half an hour each day......

Best wishes to all, C xx

Highlighted

good to hear from you carol. how's the herceptin experience? and how many more do you have?

glad you had a good holiday, shame you had to come home.

i love any craft shop, drives OH potty! but there aren't too many here in spain, unless....i have yet to discover them! lets hope so, i want to get back to crafting.

i'm managing longer walks, but not 8k yet!

angela

Highlighted

karen, i don't think it matters when with aqueous cream, i did mine morning and night, and others i think straight away. i was lucky and had no side effects whatsoever, and i have very fair unexposed skin.  also could use aloe vera as long as it was 99.9% pure (holland & Barrets own brand)

by the way everyone, my onco said swim (opposite to radiotherapist!)

love to all

angela xx

ps, my DIL had her 1st day at work as a social worker today. so son is now waiting for the official stuff to be completed to be the main foster carer. then, hopefully their 15 years of tough life will come to an end...hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Hi All,
Hope this posts - we're in Crete, and wifi not very reliable!

Daffodil, we'll probably pass you in the air as we come home tomorrow! The weather here is lovely at the moment, about 26 and sunny. I didn't pack my wig - decided its days are over! Consequently I have a pinky/brown head as I still have some scalp showing. Have a lovely time. We've done very little, apart from walking an 8km gorge - quite pleased I made it really!

Karen, good luck with rads - will be over before you know it and you can get on with planning your birthday celebrations. I can while away the hours in Hobbycraft too! I used aloe Vera gel 99% and applied it twice a day. I think Nipinuk took it with her and applied it straight after - I did take it, but kept forgetting! Don't wait until your skin gets sore though, and hopefully it won't!

Angela - you tell a brilliant story and made me chuckle! The driving rules also apply to the Greeks in our experience!

Woolfie, enjoy singing at Wembley on Friday.

Hoping wifi lasts long enough for me to post this! Will write more when I'm back - herceptin on Thursday so will have time to kill!

Hope everyone is well. Bye for now
Carol xx

Highlighted

Thanks for your lovely thoughts and good wishes. My first rads went well, I almost burst into tears when I saw the laser beams but pulled myself together and didn't feel anything. I treated myself to a new pink jumper to match my pink scarf. I'm dressing more girly to make up for my boyish hair. I lost track of time in Hobbycraft looking at butterfly themed invitations, favours etc. Got some pink and blue icing to try on my cupcakes. I made some sugarpaste butterflies. Going to experiment with different glitters etc. Yes I can get easily carried away in cupcake land. Much better than cancer land.
Woolfie good luck with youf choir, what an amazing opportunity.
Angela I hope you have a fab time in Seville.
Suzy you have a lovely say with words, its unfair that any of us got the big C but we beat it together.
Daffodil enjoy your holiday lots of rest, relaxation and happy memories.
One question should I apply acqueous cream as soon as possible after rads or wait until bed time?
Karen xx
Highlighted

woolfie, the melatonin seems to be taking effect, and i have slept 5 nights in a row...phew, thank God for that.

don't think i fancy cold autumn!!!

your choir activities sound fun, we are thinking of trying to get a choir started from our church, but don't know how many would be interested. it would be fun though (especially as i don't sing too well!!)

keep well

angela x

Highlighted

daffodil

have a great time in rhodes... we'll be thinking of you

karen, how lovely to have the campervan and be able to enjoy it. i always wanted one! your day out sounded wonderful. and i agree, planning a celebration is just what the doctor ordered, and you deserve it. my OH always used to baulk at the expense of things like massage, but now he says go for it i deserve it!! there are some perks to the awful year we all had!

it's my 65th in november, and we think we'll go to Sevilla to celebrate. we won't have the family here so it'll just be us. my D and YGS are coming at the end of november for a long weekend, and we're really excited about that. we do miss the family.

chat again soon....

anyone coming to costa del sol anytime? if so lets have tapas together!

angela x

Highlighted

Hi ladies, I've just read your post Woolfie &  feel exactly the same as you. I am enjoying life loads & feel lucky but  also have periods of feeling very unsettled, I'm sure it gets easier.

Scottydog, I hope rads goes well today & the next 3 weeks. I found they were a lovely team & time flew by. I finished 10 days ago & just have a bit of prickly heat on rads area but they gave me hydrocortisone which is helping. Such a relief when its over though, sounds like you have loads to look forward to! 

We are off to Rhodes tomorrow, I am prepared with high neck tops & sun cream fit for babies! Treatment seemed endless at the time but we did it & we are all getting some normality back at last! I've even started back at work for a few hours & really enjoyed it, didn't even mind getting up early!

Angela, I've resorted to nightol, they work but think I might have to wean myself off them soon!

Anyway its stopped raining so off for walkies.

Love to all xxx

Highlighted

Hi Everybody

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Angela loved your 'rules of the road' and the stories about you r other exploits made me smile. Sorry you are not sleeping maybe you should return to the dark autumnal days in England which are enough to send anyone into hibernation mode!

Good luck with the radiotherapy sessions, Scottydog. You are on the last lap and I think the easiest. Enjoy organising your party I ditto what Suzy said. I missed my 65th earlier this year because of everything that was going on and always said i would like to have a big party when it was all done with or mostly done with. It's OH's 67th in December so might organise it for then.

Suzy read your comment on facebook it is strange but I have been feeling very unsettled all day yesterday and today and can't seem to shift it. Trying to think what it might be. Its great getting back to normal but i think there are also strange feelings surrounding it . It brings me back to this forum where we can explore our ideas and thoughts safely. We have been so concentrating on what has been happening to us and then suddenly that is not there anymore. Are we ok? will we be ok? Is it a time of year thing?  I think it will take time  to settle in and we need time to be free of trouble and hospital visits etc to be reassured. Plus the fact that I am p---d off that I  couldn't do the car boot sale yesterday because of the rotten weather and  since the organisers didn't cancel it will have lost my booking fee.

And my YD goes to India at the end of the month and things don't seem to be too good there-an understatement! She reassures me that they are nowhere near the cyclone area. Just giving voice to some of these things helps.

Still choir is singing at Wembley stadium on Friday for Saracens rugby game and i am going to Wisley on Saturday with my gardening course so I am sure things will brighten up.

thanks for listening

Highlighted

Karen you make me want to laugh and cry at the same time. I love your spirit and enthusiasm for life  and feel so sad that you and others have had to endure cancer at your age and younger. Your day out with your OH sounds lovely.

Enjoy organizing your birthday, what a good idea - it will be quite a day!

xx Suzy

Highlighted

Evening all your tales have made me smile! Thanks for your good wishes, yes I'm having 15 sessions, it still feels surreal, I keep thinking to myself has this really happened? OH and I took the campervan out today, we took the mountain bikes to a beautiful estate near Balmoral. The autumn colours are stunning. I wasn't sure if I'd have the energy to cycle but I surprised myself. We took sandwiches and enjoyed them sitting on a log by a river. It was so relaxing. We came back to the van and made hot chocolate. I want to throw a big party to say thank you to so many people. Its my big 40 next year so perfect excuse. I was diagnosed the week before my birthday so next year is reason to celebrate. I'm looking at venues just now. Its nice to have a distraction thinking about menus, room decorations etc, trivial I know but I love organising. Its so nice being able to make plans again. I'm excited about the future again
love
Karen xx
Highlighted

hello,

my bike riding experience has nothing on my hosre riding final experience...i used to ride regularly til in my late 20's. then we had children and so money was an issue, and weight. however we took the children to new forest one year camping at sandy balls (really!) and decided to book for riding. children...no problem...how much do you weigh madam, sir? (i was size 16 then, so not too huge)

the day of the ride came, the ponies were brought out for the children, and 2 carthorse types for OH and me... i was so embarrassed i never tried it again!

or the quad biking experience in california. we'd gone to stay with people we kind of knew a bit. they said we'd go quad biking. when we got to the place to hire them, we realised that their idea of quad bikng was different from ours...it was a 4 seater bike with 4 lots of pedals sitting 2 behind 2, and a canopy. our friends, fit, and us, not quite so, turned to us in the back and said "are you 2 pedalling?" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my OH at the time had undiagnosed angina and was in agony. there followed an enthusiastic (on marco's part) beach volleyball session between the 2 men which i swear nearly killed off my OH!!!

hope your evening is a good one

love

angela x

Highlighted

Hi there, its awfully quiet on the thread - must mean we are getting on with life which is great news.

Karen I'm amazed your bike riding so soon after your DIEP! Wow your a star! I'll be thinking of you having your rads. I'm liking the champagne party your planning, great idea :catvery-happy:

Angela, your bike riding career sounds similar to me. I didn't learn to ride a push bike till I was 40, fortunately in the Bahamas where the only other traffic were golf carts! 

Have a good Sunday everyone xx

Highlighted

hi karen

i'll be thinking of you this monday. it'll be over before you know it. how many sessions do you have? 15?

well done for the biking, i can't ride to save my life! last time i tried was in "preparation" for london to brighton bike ride. that was 25 years ago. i did the 5 miles to and back to greenwich and nearly got knocked off in the greenwich one way system...that was all the training i did for the 58 mile charity ride!!!! i was sore after that (no, not the training but the 58 miles!) our son did it too aged 11 on his BMX!!

have a great weekend everyone

angela xx

Highlighted

Hi ladies
Nice to hear you're all keeping busy and getting back to normality. I start rads on Monday, I must be the last of us. I'm still suffering from back and shoulder pain, seeing a physio weekly and impatient to get back to normal. I've got back on my bike, to try and loosen up, which is liberating. I went to my first yoga class this year. Its been beautiful here, 18C sunny I went for a walk around a nearby castle admiring the autumn leaves and gardens. It feels great to be reaching this final hurdle at last, after a long, traumatic year. I llan to take my two best friends out for champagne afternoon tea when its finished.
Enjoy your weekends
Karen xx
Highlighted

suzy, it just caught our attention as so accurate! i wish my camera would arrive so i can take pics of all the pictures that would go with it. the parking accross 2 spaces, and parking on roundabouts to 'pop into the bank', stopping for a chat with a queue of waiting cars behind, i could go on. it is hilarious!!! i bet if we tried those tactics we'd be stopped and fined!

temps are still up to 30C, although today a little cooler with a good breeze to cool us. being on a mountainside (albeit a small one) has it's plusses.

anyone, when does the insomnia stop i wonder. even with sleeping pills (overthe counter ones) and melatonin double dose, i still go whole nights without sleep. haven't managed to speak with onco yet, but it will be one of my questions.

well, i hope you all have a lovely week, and that those on holiday will come ack refreshed.

chat again soon.

love

angela x

Highlighted

Afternoon all

Angela, I think that allot of those Spanish rules of the road apply here in France too :catvery-happy: I remember driving in Rome many years ago and a good friend advising me that 'just remember anything that happens past your shoulders is not your concern' its an Italian thing!

Woolfie you sound super busy! I am just about returning to normal after our trip, enjoy all your outings. 

Having friends over for supper tomorrow, OH has requested the menu - seafood salad, pasta carbonara and apple tart - all he has to do is eat it :catwink:

Hope your all feeling well and happy - seems the new norm is not so bad at all.

Take care xxxxx 

Highlighted

hi everyone. i wanted to be good and understand the rules of the road here in spain, so i googled the highway code, and this is the first one i found:

Spain has adopted the basic tenet of safe driving: mirror‐signal‐manoeuvre. 

However, to accommodate cultural differences between Spain and the rest of 

the European Union, the use of mirrors and signals prior to a manoeuvre is not required.

The ten key points of the Spanish Highway Code are summarised below to help non‐Spanish nationals adapt to driving in Spain.

1. It is illegal to park on pavements. However, when driving in urban areas  particularly in busy periods  it is permitted to stop your vehicle (without 

warning to other road users), wind down your window and have a chat with a friend or relation who you have seen walking by on the pavement. When circumstances dictate, it is also permitted to get out of your 

stationary vehicle (hazard warning lights should not be used) and pop in to the local bread shop. On returning to your vehicle with freshly baked 

‘pan’ you are required to completely ignore other motorists unless it is 

raining when a simple shrug of the shoulders will suffice.

1. Bicycles do not need to use lights at night. This is because they will be 

stolen by street urchins (that’s if they don’t steal your bike as well).

1. It is compulsory to use the car horn at least five times per day. The 

timing and occasion is at the discretion of the driver but is mandatory for greeting friends walking by on the pavement, in celebration of a victory of the local or national football team, on sight of scantily clad women and during any fiesta which may be taking place in Spain. Prolonged use of the car horn, whether day or night, is not an offence.

1. Cement lorries and concrete mixers have absolute right of way and may stop to discharge for an indefinite period without due consideration for other road users or permission from the town hall.
  2. One way streets are for motorists who are only going one way, 

regardless as to the direction they are travelling in.

1. The green coloured signal on a traffic light indicates right of way and to 
  2. The other two lights simply serve as a reminder of the colours 
  • on the national flag.

7. Neither pedestrians nor motorists have right of way at a pedestrian crossing. The signs and road markings at crossings only indicate where pedestrians are more likely to be run over.

8.It is strictly forbidden to use a mobile phone while driving in Spain except for taking and making phone calls and text messages.

9.In urban areas ‘No Parking’ zones are indicated by a yellow line alongside the kerb. As these yellow lines do not appear on pedestrian crossings, roundabouts and junctions parking (up to one hour) is permitted in such places.

10.When parking in a car park, where parking bays are marked out with white 

lines, motorists are required to use a minimum of two parking bays.

enjoy! Woolfie you too sound super busy, so you too must remember to look after yourself. but i do agree, it's good to be doing normal stuff again in place of hospitals

love to all

angela xx

If in doubt, do as the Spanish do. Happy motoring!

Highlighted

I am so pleased to hear your news Jlr, hope the next scan also shows nothing to worry about . Enjoy your holiday.
Glad you've finished your rads, Shelley hope you start to feel less tired soon.
Angela you sound super busy don't forget to look after yourself.
I have a bit of a busy couple of weeks coming up. Sewing some cushion covers for some project my YD is involved in in shoreditch. Going to her choir concert on Saturday- hiawathas wedding feast. GD overnight on Tuesday, going to see new musical of 'the Commitments' on Wednesday, my choir is singing at Wembley stadium for a Saracens rugby match on the 18th and going to the gardens at Wisley with a gardening course I have joined, on the Saturday.
Makes a change from hospital visits! Ain't life grand!
Have a good weekend everyone.
Highlighted

First off - so happy to hear your news Janey, what a relief! And Pat its wonderful that you discovered your mistake re OH's letter, its sounds like the kinda thing we do!

Honeymonster and Cassawary your both counting down those herceptin cocktails every little step as they say, hope the infusions aren't too bad.

I've just taken a breather from unpacking the trailer, phew! What an EXHAUSTING 10 day's, we never stopped. Now I have to find a home for everything - no easy in our chaotic world Man Frustrated

I had very encouraging meetings with my surgical onco and plastic surgeon. One very interesting thing came to light, they were both delighted I was not given radiotherapy, even though they had originally recommended it. It appears that the senior clinical onco they work with is in favor for post mastectomy/chemo patients, so they feel they have to back their colleagues methods I guess. 

So now I will be coming back to the UK around Feb. to have a little correction done to my tummy scar under local - then I'm good to go as they say. The plastic surgeon also said that if at any point in the furture I change my mind and would like further surgery on the recon and original breast to balance out, I can always have it done, its my prerogative, which is comforting to know. Meanwhile perky and droopy get along together just fine :catvery-happy:

We have a week of good weather ahead of us so we will be donning our lumberjack outfits  and firing up our chainsaws for the winter fuel. Also we are back on the old regime to loose weight and keep ourselves nice, we can only try!

Mungos mum, I haven't been loosing things but terribly forgetful. I didn't make a note of your hotel reservation number and we arrived at 11pm to an unmanned reception. Without the help of a lovely young German tourist we would have been sleeping in the car - makes me think maybe I should up the anti to a smart phone as it would have been easy peasy then, as long as I didn't forget the phone!!

Love to All xxxxx

Highlighted

Wonderful News Janey!  Enjoy your holiday,  xx

Highlighted

That is fantastic news Janey - so happy for you. Enjoy your holiday.
Hello to all the other Marchies too.
X
Highlighted

Janey, great news . Have a really relaxing holiday. You deserve it.

Nipinuk - thanks for the link. Listening to Bill Henderson as I write this. Interesting - I can certainly relate to what he is saying.

Honeymonster - fourth Herceptin this morning for me. I am experiencing similar feelings , physical energy is starting a slow comeback but mentally I don't feel that the fatigue has passed! I was signed up for a Mindfulness course. At Maggies but timings didn't fall for me unfortunately.

Hope. All Marchies are moving forward post rads now and seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Jude
Highlighted

So pleased for you Janey, I was thinking of you yesterday. Fingers crossed for your next scan. Have a lovely holiday Carol.

I'm sat in the Herceptin chair at the moment , number 8. I finished radiotherapy 2 weeks ago and think my energy is returning now but have been tired. Skin has been ok luckily. I too am finding moving on a strange experience, relieved main part of treatment is over and in the past but still not relaxed enough to enjoy the present. I've signed up for a HOPE course starting in November for 6 weeks. Anyone else doing that?

It was so lovely to meet the others last week and the food, skilfully picked by Susy, was delicious.

Have a great week everyone xx
Highlighted

Janey, fantastic news!! Really happy to hear that. One down and one more to go...

Quick one as I have to work. In case anyone's interested, there are free audio interviews to the Cure to cancer summit here available on until 12pm Paciic which is 8pm UK time. Link here - http://thecuretocancersummit.com/schedule/

It doesn't follow medical convention but I thought it was interesting hearing other points of view though one of two might sound a bit, ah ... bonkers (just my opinion!). Bill Henderson sounds normal so would recommend listening to that. I haven't listened to all of his interview.

Highlighted

so pls jlr great news xx

Brilliant news Jlr, so pleased for you. Enjoy your holiday! Xx
Highlighted

JLR - so pleased you had good news...phew! Woman Very Happy relax and trust the same will happen when your lungs are checked. we're all hoping that along with you. solidarity is the name of the game.

hi everyone else, i can't seem to scroll anymore, the last time must have been a one off. can anyone else do it, and if so, what am i doing wrong? Woman Frustrated

nipinuk, thank you for advice, will try it all out.

Highlighted

Jlr, I was touching wood  whilst reading your post! Thats great news, so pleased for you. I hope you can go off & enjoy your hols now :catwink: xxx

Highlighted
Jlr

Well girls some good news for a change!!! The ultrasound of my collarbone showed nothing suspicious! He said he could feel the lump but couldn't see it on ultrasound, apparently cancer shows up in a certain way on ultrasound. Therefore no need to biopsy or anything. Just waiting on my next CT scan now at end of October to check out the lung nodules, so fingers crossed for similar results xx
Highlighted

Heart

Hi Ladies

sorry have not been on for a long time just finished rads and feeling tired keep falling alseep a bit of a pain would like to get back to normal cannot wait tell i can get back to work . Ive read some of the post pls to see u are all ok take care have a lovely sunday speak soon

Highlighted

Woolfie, what a relief for you both, but they are the plonkers for sending that report so late & confusing you! Have a lovely weekend xx
Highlighted

That's good news Woolfie - you can both really enjoy your weekend.  x