64353members
338792posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring into chemo in March

Re: Spring into chemo in March

Great news pammy, we are all getting there slowly but surely. 4H to go...well done, you're nearly there.
Angela

First check up and mammo ok. Still 4 more herceptins to go. Blood test is due always makes me very anxious.Glad to hear that everyone is well it is certainly a strange sensation being 1 year on finding it hard to look forward although I was always the pessimist. I have days when I leave this forum alone but always come back for the tremendous support. Love and best wishes to you all

Suzy, so pleased re your results, bet you feel great now. Have been following a tapas route. Three are 12participating bars in village, and when you have collected 12stamps you get a free t-shirt and are entered into a draw for a cruise for 2... Wishful thinking, but you never know!

Well done Daffodil weight loss and exercise very impressive. 

Hope you enjoyed the show Woolfie, looking forward to seeing you soon.

Angela hope the sun and sangria are putting roses on your cheeks!

I must say not being able to scroll back makes including everyone really difficult as my short term memory is pants! Hope everyone has good results from their follow ups XOXOXO

Well I had my x-ray, mammogram and ultrasound yesterday and got the results straight away - No Evidence of Disease!!!! yeah, which was a great relief after I overheard the radiographer say there was an anomaly that needed checking, hence the ultrasound, which was not scheduled - just calcification confirmed by the senior bod, who also said he couldn't find any lymph nodes on my surgery side, and complimented my surgeon for his diligence! Smiley Very Happy

Pammy and daffodil glad to hear things going ok. Keep up the good work in the gym. I am not doing enough moving around though not doing too bad on the food front.
Had my mammogram today and thought they were going to try and squish the new as well as the old as it said both on the letter. Luckily the recon escaped they only wanted to do the other one. Phew! I am feeling fairly positive re results as I had that scan not so long back and things looked clear so fingers crossed all will be well.
Going to see ' Book of Morman' tonight with my OD it was my Christmas present.
Recording at Abbey Road studios with choir on Sunday quite excited about that. We are paying for the experience but then have the two songs we are singing on a download.
Keep moving!

Daffodil, 2 lb is good, well done, much better than nothing!
Woolfie, I too hope leakage stops soon, how gross to have to remove dead stuff yourself, yuk.
Good luck everyone with check ups this week, hope results are as mine were.
Love Angela

Hi Ladies,

Good to hear everyone is doing ok. Woolfie good results, I hope it stops leaking soon though.

I too have my appointment this week but don't have a mammogram though, maybe because I had my last scan in July. I'm relieved that I'm not having a one as still quite tender after rads & ribs too, is that normal?

I joined a gym 4 weeks ago as chemo weight was going nowhere fast, despite going 5 times a week I have lost 2lb! But am sleeping alot better, was waking every 2 hours before. Also probably need to cut down on eating, easier said than done in this weather.

Good to hear how everyones doing still, I try to keep as busy as possible so that I don't worry about everything.

Take care & hope everyones appointments go well xxx 

I too am trying to loose weight to little avail I blame it on the letrizole but it's probably because I eat too much.
It sounds lovely in Spain I am very envious.
I am due to have my first mammogramme next week I an very nervous
It is good that you all sound as though you are getting on with life I certainly find reading your posts a tremendous support
Love to you all Pam

Hi woolfie, good to hear from you again. Your ongoing issue of leakage must be a bit depressing at times I would think. You must be very resilient.
I didn't get your PM, but later I'll send you one with the details of the apartment, and if I hear of any others available I'll let you know.
There's a carnival here today if it's not rained off again ( as it was last weekend)
Going to try to but an up to the minute phone today, and a vacuum cleaner...have had to swep the rugs in the old fashioned way!!!!! Hard work!

Hi all good to hear from those of you still posting.
Angela, I sent you a pm re the apartment but don't know if you got it. Would be interested to have the details if it is no trouble. Though at the moment we are going nowhere! Not even to our local. I get out but OH having problems with his mouth. I also had dentist today and showing me the X-rays she pointed out significant changes in comparison with before chemo and radio. My teeth are not brilliant but quite a few changes in a relatively short time and I thought I was looking after them more carefully. Set me off looking on line and convinced that OHs problems linked to fact that he had intensive radio in neck area. Anyone else had dental problems?
I think my leakiness is nearing an end. No Nipinuk it wasn't a deep hole and I have been dealing with it myself I even did a bit of DIY surgery and removed 2 pieces of dead tissue which looked a bit like the surgeon had left a bit of his old string vest in there. No wonder there was an odour! It has reduced the size somewhat on that side which is fine by me as I think he had made it a bit too large anyway, maybe he suspected what might happen and put a bit extra in for good measure! Things will need a bit if tidying up.
Angela I empathise I too am about 4 st overweight. I have lost half a stone since the beginning of the year but there is quite a way to go I gave given myself the target of 2st and am trying the 2/5 way if eating but I have wavered a bit this past week. Miss my wine, had nearly a completely dry January.
Looking forward to seeing everybody on the 5 th of March do we know where we are going?
Have a good weekend

hi nipinuk

yes, but wouldnt know how to go about it, if you do, and are able, could you?

Hi Nipinuk, suzy & woolfie hope you are doing ok. i read...

Hi Nipinuk, suzy & woolfie hope you are doing ok. i read Nipinuk's mail first about george clooney and "your new one" and thought she meant a new boob! my mind was running over time!

my onco consultant is at least 12...he looks so young (and good looking too)!

it's been raining here a great deal too, but we live on the side of a mountain, so no danger of flooding. i too feel for those who year after year recently seem to be flooded, and over christmas and the winter makes it 10 times worse. my S on his new development lives on a floodplain i believe...whats wrong with these developers, dont they research? still, who could have predicted the worst flooding since the 1700's? when it rains here, we cant see anything but cloud right up to our window!!!

i'll be coming back to uk at the end of july/beginning of august, so if there's a meet organised, i'll try to make it there. there is a camp we have to attend 2-9th august at ashburnham near battle, sussex. 

we're currently looking for a de-humidifier as we found 2 pairs of shoes with furry coats and one pair with mould...the houses arent built for winters!

chat soon

love angela

Just a thought, Angela, do you think it might be a good idea to put 2013 after "Spring into chemo in March"? The 2014 group will be starting soon and we don't want to confuse them as they'll have enough to cope with.

Woolfie, I'm so happy to hear that the biopsy and scan came back normal - YES! You've just got to keep letting it all drain out! Is there a hole where it's draining out? Do you need to have it dressed regularly? I had quite a deep hole which took a couple of months to heal. The nurse had to keep packing it so that it healed from inside out.

Well done with the Cantonese greeting! I know the Mandarin one but don't know how to spell it!

Will we see you on 5 Mar?

Hi Suzy,

Lovely to hear from you. Yes I hope to be there! Would love to see you Smiley Wink

Sorry to hear you've been messed about. I hope your new onc is great n that he'll look like George Clooney!

Is it raining a lot where you are Suzy? We got rain and very strong winds today and thank God no structural damage or flooding here. I really feel for people who have lost their livelihoods and have had to move out of their homes.

Have a good evening everyone!

Hello everyone

Hope your all keeping dry and haven't suffered from storm damage!

Angela, there's dieting and there's disappearing, Nipinuk is right!

Hope all those who can make it to the lunch o9n the 5th can make use of Nipinuk's link.Does that mean you are joining us Nip?

I was to have my follow up on the 21st, but my onco has gone and retired so they re-booked me for the 11th  - no big deal really but I wish they hadn't messed me about Smiley Sad

Take care xoxoxox

So sorry for the late reply. It was wonderful to see you ladies for the first time. We've all been through so much and your positivity is an inspiration!

Angela, there'll be nothing left of you if you lose 4 stone!

Ladies who are planning to travel to London for the next get together with Suzy on 5 Mar, you can get a £9.50 voucher from Red Spotted Hanky. See link here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64673545&postcount=6

If you don't want spam, you can give a fake address and name. They actually display your discount after you submit the form so you don't even need to give your email. You need to give correct email if you want them to email you the code.

Get the code and I'm assuming it will keep until when we need it in march.

Hurry though as there is a limited number given.

Hi all, back in Spain now after 10 days in UK. It was so nice to see D and S and grandchildren in their homes. Our S and wife start fostering next week, and are so very excited about it. They could be caring for up to 3 siblings at a time! With 3 of their own it will be a houseful to be sure!!! It will be a new chapter in their lives of a bit of prosperity compared to what they experienced before.
It was also great to meet Linda, Carol and Christine during that time. Linda, thank you so much for hosting us, and the delicious lunch you provided. Round to mine next week?
Had good results from mammogram thank God. A year to relax and try to get on with "normal" life again.
Have started to detox on the lemon detox regime...3 days in and 2 to go ( or 5, or 10!!) then onto the 5 2 eating regime hopefully for life if I can get my act together. I'm looking for the inner me in the large outer me. I need to lose around 4 stone, so here's hoping it works out that way. It's quite an easy regime to follow anyway.
Blessings everyone
Angela x

Hi all just to let those of you who have been following the leaky boob saga that I had results of biopsy and scan today and phew! Nothing more sinister than scar tissue and necrotic fat. They are not going to do anything as yet but let it run its course. I should feel elated and relieved - and I am- but it is still leaking, painful and now the stuff coming out smells appallingly! The doc says it's not infected but that it is just the dead tissue that creates the odour! Sorry I hope none of you is eating whilst reading this. I have another appointment in a month by which time it will have hopefully dried up and started to heal. Also eventually got mammogram appointment for 17th but now wondering if it is necessary since I gave had a recent cat scan?
Have a great weekend everyone and Kung Hei Fat Choy did learn how to say it in mandarin one time but gave forgotten it now.

Hello everyone!

Hope you're all well and hope you enjoyed welcome some sunshine yesterday. Very frosty this morning though - brrr!

Daffodil, I haven't felt queasy as such but I've been having the odd dizzy spell, horrible! It normally happens in the afternoon and for a couple of days on the trot, then nothing for a week or two. I mentioned it at my last herceptin as I was quite worried about it and they checked my blood pressure, asked me questions about headaches, blurred vision (no to both). The Dr thinks it probably is tamoxifen but said if it continues, to go to GP and get my blood pressure monitored for 24 hours. Haven't been sleeping very well (what's new?!) and worrying about what might be going on in my head so I've started walking every day - 1 mile on work days and 2 miles on my day off and weekends and I have to say I'm sleeping and feeling better. Hope I'm not tempting fate! Hoping the exercise might help me shift some chemo/tamoxifen/Christmas weight!

I had my mammogram on Friday, so I now await the results - could be up to 4 weeks! Fingers crossed for everyone expecting results.

Looking forward to seeing some of you soon.

Take care
Carol xx

Thanks Daffodil
Sam xxxxx

Hi,

Nipinuk, I sent you a message x.

Albamasam, I cold capped had fec-t too but wasn't as successful as you, had to wear wigs as I had bald areas. I finished chemo at the end of june, clippered it short then by the end of october it was just about long enough to have a permanent colour again with a few highlights. They do recommend that you leave it 6 months though & your hair could be fragile. My hair has come back the same as Pammys, thicker & curly too.

I hope everyones ok & not getting too stressed regarding appointments looming again.

I keep meaning to ask, does anyone feel queasy every so often on tamoxifen, it seems to last a day or two then disapears but nearly has me reaching for my stash of domperidones!

Lovely to hear from everyone still, take care ladies xxx

I did not do cold cap but started colouring my hair woth semi permanent 4 months after last chmo did it no harm. My hair is in better condition and thicker than before. I did go to the hairdressers and had it applied still using semi permanent.

Hi everyone, I am from the November 2013 group. I am halfway through my treatment now and doing ok but just looking for some advice on cold capping. I've been cold capping since i started and i'm doing very well with it. I have a wig but not needed it at all as yet and still have a full head of hair but i wanted to know how any fellow cold cappers in this group managed once treatment was over ?
I want to now about cutting and colouring my hair, how long did you leave it before putting colour back on your hair, mine has grown quite a bit on the FEC, moving to T next week but just wondering about this and also a lot of the ladies in my Facebook group asking the same questions.
Any advice will be appreciated xxxx
Sam Smiley Happy

Not posted for awhile I'm afraid. We are all coming up to our year on appointments - I hope we all have a positive outcome, its such a very scary time, I'm trying not to think about it. Ironically my OH has his anual scan at the begining of March too, althoug he has had NED for six years its still an anxious time.

Nipinuk - so sorry I can't make your inivation to lunch! Hope you all have a great time!

If anyone is free the 4th 5th or 7th of March to meet for lunch in London it would be great to see you.

Take care and Bon Courage my friends xxxxx

Woolfie, I just thought of an apartment for rent in riviera about 20 minutes drive from us. It is a 2 bedroomed 2 bath roomed place on a golfing area. There is a lift to the flat and a ramp to the lift from the car. You would have to drive everywhere though as it's a 15 minute walk from the flat to the local shops and cafés. If you are interested, pm me and I can give you the contact details. I don't know how much she charges these days.
Angela

Woolfie, we had our surgery on the same day Smiley Wink I'm sorry to hear about the leak and all the extra US, biopsy and CAT scan - please do keep us updated with how you're doing. Hope you find somewhere suitable and beautiful and affordable for your holiday. I'm trying to find cheap flights to Malaysia to see my family during the summer hols but might not make it due to the expense. I have dreams about winning the lottery - haha, I won't buy lottery tickets so it'll stay a dream Smiley Wink

Yes I'd love to see you and. Suzy in Feb.

Angela, can't wait to see you next week. How time flies!

I've got 6 mums from school descending on me tomorrow morning for a cuppa. Got some courgette cake in the oven .... Smells yummy!

Good night ladies!

Hi woolfie, I hope you find a suitable place in the sun, it's really hard to find wheelchair friendly places due to all the hills and mountains, but on the coast shouldn't be a problem. Why not look around Fuengirola, then we could meet up. Our house wouldn't suit though as we have a flight of stairs before we get to the living area. It would be great to meet you.

Hi everybody found it reassuring to come back on here and see that people are posting a bit more. It's great that people are moving on but you have all been of so much support it's nice to be back amongst friends.
Nipinuk thank you so much for your invite would love to come but it's a bit far my home circumstances being as they are. It sounds wonderful and will be with you on your walk in the woods in spirit. Definitely up for another meet if Suzy is here in February.
I still have a leaky recon and plastics sent me for an ultrasound and biopsy on Monday. Yikes scary! But doc doing ultrasound said she thought it was scar tissue but the have to do a biopsy to be sure. CAT scan on 24th and appt on 31st the anniversary of my surgery! Let's hope it is all good news. Sorry to those who have already read this on Facebook.
Angela looking at villas in the alicante region the other day we are really in need of a good holiday. Found a superb one which was suitable for billy in the chair but it had 6 bedrooms! It was so beautiful Moorish style. I will continue the search.
All the best for results of mammograms I haven't had mine yet!

Hi Pam,

I'm sorry you can't make our meet up but I totally understand! All the best for your mammogram. I hope that everything goes well.

I think my subconscious is worried about the results of my mammogram and my way of coping with it is to keep busy. I also want to celebrate 31 Jan as it's my surgery date - the date I start getting better. Lol, any excuse to party Smiley Wink

The day I was diagnosed (3 Jan 2013) doesn't stick in my head as much as the day I found my lump (25 Dec 2012) - weird!

As mammograms aren't 100% accurate, I feel that I need to be aware of my body all the time which makes me a bit of a hypochondriac!

Night!

Hello everyone I seldom post a message but am always reading and gaining a lot of support. I will becoming up to my first mammogramme in February very anxious. It is amazing to think what we have all been through it is almost impossible to explain to anyone else unless they have experienced it themselves. It really cheers me up that everyone is recovering and enjoying their lives. I would love to go to a meet up but practically too far away in Manchester, anyway I hope you all have a lovely time. Love to all Pam

Hurrah! Thanks for your message. I do hope I see you.

I'm trying to declutter at the moment. Really hard as building work still going on. Ordered some crockery from the sales and it arrived in 3 rather large boxes - eek! Half tidied the junk room and did a pile of ironing. Hubby just suggested that we go look for tiles tomorrow - sigh! More boxes coming in...

I'm sat watching 'Switch', romantic comedy starring Jennifer Anniston and dunno what's his name.

Hope you're all having a lovely evening!

Hi nipinuk, I have pm'd you. Thank you for the invite, I'll do my best to be there, it depends if my son will release me from the last morning with him, but he IS coming to Spain in April, so hopefully he will
Hope to meet you all then
Love Angela x

Marchies get together dates

January - Thursday 23 Jan. 1030 in Hampshire at my place. We'll go for a walk in the woods and then lunch! Please pm me if you'd like to come together with any dietary needs.

February - I think we should try to get together when Suzy's back. So Suzy, do let us know what dates are best for you.

I've got a bit of a cold at the moment so taking it very easy today!

Hope you're all well xx

Ooooh! I'm happy to try and bring forward our Marchies get together as we would love to see you. Would you be free on Thursday morning, 23/1 at around 10.30am? I'll get in touch with the others and let you know.

Mungosmum I'm in UK from 17-28january so miss out on the Hampshire get-together. I'll be in Hampshire probably between 21-23. And in Dartford the rest of the time. Appointments on 20th and 27th. There a lot to do there, but could probably fit in a couple of hours in one of those two areas if they are near you?

Ladies!!! Happy New Year! I've been meaning to post for ages but have been so lax as I've found the Whatsapp group so convenient as I can just post a sentence or send pictures from my phone. Pm me if you've got a smartphone n I'll add you.

It feels a bit strange this one year on thing. I had my mammogram 2 days ago and will be seeing surgeon later this month. I'm still adjusting. Having your support n encouragement helps a lot! Thank you my dear Marchies!

Christine, that was funny! I hope they get the results to you sooner rather than later.

I'm too tired at the moment to write a proper reply but want you to know that we're having a Marchies get together on 31 Jan in Hampshire. Please pm me if you would like to come n I'll give you details. Daffodil, you live in Hants don't you?

Nite all! Xx

Grrr - I'm back in the waiting room again! I can expect the results in a week, but may take as much as three.  I'm hanging on to the thought that they would ring if I had some anomolies.  Comedy moment when the technician asked if I had any worries about my right side, I replied that I didn't have a right breast...... except that I do, I don't have a left breast but am renowned for getting L and R mixed up so am no longer allowed to give directions in the car!  I must have been more worried about it than I thought.

Angela, your New Year sounded great!  Is there any chance of a meet up whilst you are back?

Daff - lovely to hear from you. Hope you are recovering well, and looking forward to the new year. xx

Best wishes to all,

Christine xx

Hi daf and mungosmum
How was your follow up MM? Hope all was ok xx
Daf, we are a bit further west from Alicante an hour further west from Malaga and then half an hour inland and up the mountain to Mijas. The weather is warm at the moment, around 18C and sunny, but it has also been as low as 5C. New Year's Eve was an amazing experience in the village with the town hall giving every adult a large bottle of cava! Then on 6th jan it was 3 kings day, so on 5th there was a parade up our street under our balcony, when the 3 kings were delivering handfuls of sweets through our window (over arm!) we. Must have had around 100 sweets to pick up! Great atmosphere. Take care all. Here's to a brilliant 2014. My follow up is on 20th so back to uk on 17~28 jan.
Angela x

Hi ladies, just popped in quick,

Mungosmum, I hope your check went well & anyone else who is due around now. Mine isn't until February.

I hope you are all ok & are coping with this dreadful weather. Angela, what's the weather like in Alicante?

Take care everyone xxx

Happy New Year to all the wonderful Marchies!

I think is has all been said by others, but I have found this thread an immense help in coping with the past year.  I am sure everyone will be coping with the annual check around now, I have mine on the 6th January, the anniversary of my diagnosis! I should have planned that one better.....

We had a lovely quiet christmas and a great New Year, I even managed my first dance of 2013 before midnight!!  Legs paying for it today, but worth the return to normality!

I wish everyone a happy, healthy 2014.  Let's make it memorable for all the right reasons. xx

Happy New Year everyone!

Let's put 2013 behind us and I hope we can all look forward to an easier 2014. Thank you all for your support last year - we all got through it and have come out the other side. I'm also finding it hard to adjust, I think you'd be superhuman to come through something like this without any battle scars, but time is a great healer and I'm trying to be patient and not expect too much of myself.

Wishing you and your families a happy and healthy 2014.

Carol xxx

Wishing you all a very happy & healthy new year too. Thankyou for all your support too girls xxx

Pammy, I am finding it hard to adjust too so must be part of our journey & will get better with time xx

Happy new year everyone. 2014 must be a great year after the last one. May all your troubles be minuscule or non existent. I echo all the thanks messages for the amazing support each one has given me and all of us. It cannot be said often enough that we have endured and got through possibly the worst year ever. May our follow up appointments be full of good, positive news. Like Suzy has said (I think it was Suzy) I keep filling up???so many little things which I would normally brush over have caused tears???my son on Facebook saying that 2014 is the end of ( literal) hunger for them and that without parental support he would have floundered, well I was in a heap when I read that. But really, 2014 just must be 100% better for us. That's my prayer for all of us on this thread anyway. Be blessed, very blessed, dear marchies. Much love
Angela xxx

Happy New Year Marchies! Hope you've had a brilliant Christmas and New Year's Eve. Thanks for being there in 2013 and I wish all of us a healthy, happy 2014 x

P.S. We have a small private Marchies group on Facebook if anyone wants to join, we don't post on it much but it's lovely to keep in touch. Along with the Whatsapp group.
Highlighted

Happy New Year
To each of you and thanks for being there through 2013 to provide moral support when we have needed it the most.

Here is to 2014. Jude xx

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2014 and thanks for all your support over the last year. Nora x

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope everyone has a great celebration tonight, I'll raise my glass to you all and there will be love and best wishes winging their way across the ether from deepest France to wherever you are as the clock strikes 12!

I can't help welling up with emotion, but then that's allot to do with the Scottish side of me, and I haven't even had a dram yet! Cheers my dear friends, here's to a healthy 2014, may all your dreams come true.

Suzy xxxxxxxxxxx

I hope everyone had a lovely xmas had great difficulty resetting my password. I am finding it very difficult to adjust desperately trying to loose the weight still sore from surgery. I must admit i will be glad to see the back of 2013 love to all