Stage 3 and so scared

Just diagnosed today with stage 3 and awaiting receptor test status. Chemo due to start in a couple of weeks and not sure how I will cope. Is there any hope? All so new to me.

Hi Whitfield

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, there is always hope you must never think otherwise x I was diagnosed with grade 3 IDC in feb 2012 I also had 3 positive nodes involved, surgery chemo and rads followed and I am now on tamoxifen for 5 years, Grade 3 is scary I no its all I could think of at first and to some degree I still do but as time goes on and you get into treatment you focus on getting through each step, be kind to yourself and come on here for support when you need it,please feel free to message me if you wish to

Good luck

x

Hi Whitfield

For extra support, our helpline staff will be only too happy to talk you through any concerns/worries you have,so please don’t hesitate to contact them.  Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

I had stage 3 12 years ago. I had chemo and radio and lump removed. Mine was a triple negative cancer and I was 31. I am still here. We are standing with you. Of course you will be scared. It’s absolutely normal. Keep talking and asking questions and lean on everyone around you for support :slight_smile: x