cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Up To Cancer.

11 REPLIES 11
nannabarb

Re: Stand Up To Cancer.

Me too smc78, I just caught the last ten minutes of 'sing' the other night and was sobbing away when my partner came home from a sneaky pint.... quick mop up with tissues and turned the TV over as 'you dont want to watch that depressing stuff' - YES I DO! ...He thinks if I dont watch stuff like that I will 'forget' that I have just had (and am still recovering from) a potentially fatal disease and will bounce back to the person I was 2 years ago.... it aint gonna happen....
MUST watch and support, to help us and anyone else at risk xxx
smc78

I watched that programme and cried all through it too. My 11 year old son amazed me half way through when a lady talked about how she was worried she might die after being diagnosed. He piped up with 'why would you think like that?' I told him i felt exactly like her when i got diagnosed and thats why i had cried at the hospital (he was with me when i was diagnosed) and he just said 'you have to think positive not negative'. I was gobsmacked! I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights show but as i know its going to be emotional i've deliberately planned to watch it home alone so i can blub away to my hearts content.
cornishgirl

I watched it too, well on and off as it upset me a bit and made me cry , Russel Watson was great ,realy hope he continues to get better too. Shall be watching tomorrow night ,and hope it will raise lots of awearness and loads and loads of money too!
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Russel Watson was really nice on it too and seemed to give the folks a real boost. Lovely guy - I hope he continues to be OK.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Vercors ,

I have just watched sing for life on channel 4 - Made me cry as well . So close to home for me as well .

Totally in awe of them all as I could not have done that going them chemo ...

Enjoyed watching so muc.
vercors

Did anyone watch "sing for your life" on C4. I don't know what to make of it, i cried all the way through the programme. Too close to home. I wonder how anyone not affected with cancer reacted to it.

cornishgirl

LOL , Def No Pink Jennifer , hope the night is a huge sucess!. x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Linda/cornishgirl.

Had a look at the website from your link and - joy, joy! No pink in sight! Hooray!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Cornish girl - I've just sussed this week why new posts don't appear to appear in latest posts. Latest posts in our marvellous new website has 2 tabs, one for replies and one for new posts - so unless someone checks new posts tab or the original author bumps their own thread, it doesn't get much in the way of viewing!!

Another 'new design feature'!! And I do not see the point cos they don't leave new posts when they've been replied to so even more duplication than we already knew existed!
Nina
JCJ

Thanks for the info and the link. I have added a twibbon to my Twitter profile! 🙂
cornishgirl

Bumping as not showing in latest posts!
x
cornishgirl

Stand Up To Cancer.

Just wanted to flag this up in case anyone has not heard about it yet, Channel 4 and Cancer Research UK have joined forces to launch Stand Up To Cancer in the UK ,the program will be aired Live on TV. on Friday 19 October, on Channel 4. Well done CRUK, realy hope the evening makes loads of money to help find better treatments and future cures for this awfull desease! Shall def be watching ,donateing ,and standing up to cancer!
http://www.standuptocancer.org.uk/

Linda x