1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Yes please Ninja, any singers welcome and we don't much care if you can't hold a tune in a bucket. Tho we have some singing stars like Alto and Mezzomamma (names might have suggested this), the rest of us are just here for a bit of jollity and raising of spirits (hic) xx
Ninja

Hi Woodies, I'm just popping in to send best wishes to SCaCO.
p.s. you lot wanted a soprano?

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl, quite like old times having Sunday tea together in the woods, but who let NE act as waiter. He is still looking a bit doleful and ius trying to get back into everyone's good books, but I must say even the sight of him puts me off my tea.
And noooooo! Please no one let Paul Macca in, I thought the JM piano must be out of tune but I fear it is actually him. Who knew that Hey Jude went on so long, seemed interminable! xx
Mezzomamma

Cream tea? Yes, please, with lots of cream. African hut sounds about right--or that tree house we were working on at one point. Only not in the thunderstorms we had for a couple of days. I mean, it's bad enough having those personal tropical moments, without the weather getting in on the act, and going from muggy to chilly to muggy again.
I was soaked through in the time it took me to unlock the car to fetch the youngest from the bus stop on account of the heavy rain Friday night. Of course it took me 3 goes to unlock the car, cause I couldn't see what I was doing in the rain.
Another piece of cake, you say? Don't mind if I do. Have a pecan brownie.
Cheryl

Guest user
Not applicable

Ah Cream Tea Wandy, just the job. I am thinking some of Alto's sticky bottom cakes might also be good. I remember the scrummy lemon drizzle cake 😄
Happy Sunday everyone xx
Wandy

Think I will join you MG!! Just fancy a bit of cream tea! Great that Scaco has broken out and back at home. Lots of love and rest to her after her ordeals in the stalag!
Hope everyoone enjoying their Sundayxx
Wandyx

GIJaneH

cream teas on offer at the Yurt this afternoon - clotted cream... home-made strawberry jam.... flame throwers at t he ready in case the gremlins like the scent of freshly baking scones.... but, you may be your own personal flame-throwers, he he!

Much love to SCACO, who, after all, we have to thank for the shade of the glade in here..... and the company and support... hope all your SEs are little ones...

Bring PB back when you've finished with him. Should we have a substitute in the meantime? NOT Sir Paul please!!!

Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

How about both of them Ali H.
I believe SCACO has been sprung from jail and is back home again. Sending her relaxing weekend best wishes and all our Woodie love (a particularly feisty and "up yours bc" brand).
Think the patisserie yurt is calling for Sunday afternoon tea and cakes before I head off to nobble any gremlins who may be lurking trying to trip up the unwary with their nasty little thoughts and worries xx
Ali_H

Oh lord I'm having weird dreams and personal summers BEFORE tamoxifen, the flushes I can blame on chemo but sounds like they'll be worse on tam! Hey ho... Have a lovely holiday Ducky - I'm off to northern France for a short break before rads and tam, we go in ten days time. V excited!!!
Hot Kate, what size breeze house shall we have? The little cute one with the padded bench and central table, or the mahoosive posh one with plasma tv and squishy sofas????
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Hot Kate I'm sure he will be very useful with the sun cream as don't want to turn into crispy duck!!! Like you tamoxifen causing hot flushes. So maybe he can bring a couple of large fans and stand by my deck chair.

xx Ducky
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh yes Ducky Please do take PB with you he's doing my head in ... everytime I lift that piano lid up he's there.Its getting a bit stressful now and not helping my hotties 🙂
Have a great holiday in France..
Hot Kate x
Guest user
Not applicable

I AM LOVING HOT KATE!! ...unortunatley for the wrong reasons 🙂
Revcat those skyhooks sound perfect Im getting excited at the thought..and Ali H cant believe that because I saw the exact same summer house at Gardeners World Live too 🙂 Isn't it just perfect for morning coffee's and lazy Sundays and that breeze would be just amazing for me.
I shall look forward to my bedtime tonight now I have fan perfection 🙂 Excuse me I need to just have a dip in the lagoon Iv gone all flushlike again
Happy long weekend to you all:)
Hot Kate x
(oh I do like that)
Guest user
Not applicable

Woke up this morning and thought I must still be dreaming we have sunshine. YeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH
Off to find some other woods on Thursday 3 weeks in caravan in France so will put a plastic duck on the lake just so you can remember me till I get back. Can I take PB with me please to rub on the sun cream!!!!! Must try not to dring too much wine but will have to have some as it would be rude not to.
Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend.
xxx Ducky
applestreet

Gremlins have escaped...in my PC leading to double post!!!

applestreet

Hi woodies,
I can commiserate with the vivid dream gremlin, I have lots of weird dreams... blame the tamoxifen.
Spend most of the night doing the duvet hokey pokey.... left leg in, left leg out, shake the duvet up and down and repeat it on the right.... will go for a dip in the lagoon tonight to cool down after a visit to the JM of course!
Have raised the two fingered flag on my old tent and am off to see if I can help any newbies lurking on the edge of the wood.
Lots of virtual hugs and best wishes to anyone and everyone. M

Ali_H

Well it is a Sunday RevCat so that's ok 😉

And yes I remember the 'for mash get Smash!' aliens...and wasn't smash awful???

I saw a lovely African inspired garden retreat type building at Gardeners World, called a breeze house, complete with thatched roof and padded seating. Thought it would be perfect for Sunday brunch by the lake, and the breeze would be lovely (especially for Hot Kate - will that nickname stick? I quite like it 😉 )

I would like the sleep fairy to please leave the vivid dream goblin behind in future, quite why I had to spend last night in a futile search for page 300 in a recipe book I don't know. Mind you the view of Venice from the kitchen window was very nice, even if I was trying to make a gooey chocolate pudding for a dinner party...without the vital secret instruction on page 300...
RevCat

Just catching up on goings on in the woods while I've been offline.

Does anyone remember the Smash Martians from the 1970s adverts? Well I was ROTFL like a Smash Martian reading the references by DJ and ST to my failed retriement from here way back!! Ah yes, the addiction is too strong!

For Kate who wants an electric hook-up for her fan, we have somehting much better, borrowed from Benchland... fans suspended from skyhooks, no electricity needed they just work by willpower.

The meadows of the Land of NED are lovely and sunlit, but here and there are rabbit holes that transport us back to the Woods and every now and then are 'woman traps' into which we fall unwittingly. There is always more of this world to discover, be it the path called Surreal Place or the park-like area known as Benchland, but no matter where or what there is great humour and amazing people to share the experience. Oh dear, you can tell I'm a preacher person that sounds very sermony, but just kind of wanted to say...y'know?

Sending love and prayers to SCACO and anyone else who needs them.
GIJaneH

Live music's always welcome! Looking forward to it Hot Kate! I can't remember what we did for the Flushes last year, can anyone else? Opened both ends of the tent.. Better make sure the gins are virtual ones, cause real ones cause awful flushes for me!
Does SCACO know we're back in residence?

Ducky - so good to see you swimming on the lake again. I think you have to save the discussion to your Explorer/Firefox favourites, then you'll be OK....

Soddit says the more dogs for him to play with, the better.... Buggerit's very useful, fishing for newts.. Soddit just tries to chase away gremlins, but he doesn't always know the difference bewteen a gremlin and a helpful fairy. Sleep fairies are ellusive creatures and just when you think you've got hold of one, they fly off to someone else in need...

Enjoy the sunshine by the lagoon today... sun loungers at the ready..

love Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

morning woodies
After a terrible nights sleep I have been extremely HOT in my tent ..Im a newish woodie and wondered if anyone knows if I could get an electirc hook up so I can use my very large fan to keep me cool.My active treatment is just finished and these last 2 months on Tamoxifen have been VERY HOT ONES!! I enjoy the lagoon in the day but these nights are very trying...I might go along to the JM tonight and play the piano to relax myself..and maybe a couple of gin's will help me sleep 🙂
sending a big hug to SCACO and anyone else who needs one!!
Take Care
A very HOT Kate x
AnnieK68

Sorry ST! New forums and all that!!

How much does an all night sleep fairy cost .... Mine always go on strike 2am till 4am!

supertrouper

Don't blame my dog for making you post twice!! LOL
I think the sleep fairies have made an early visit - feeling quite sleeping and very calm and mellow tonight. The flames from the camp fire are quite hypnotic and the chinking of glasses from the JM bar are a welcome sound tonight. Going to patrol the perimiters with Buggerit and my trusty flamethrower before I turn in for the night.
Sleep well fellow woodies.
I will send distant healing to SCACO tonight - hope she joins us soon.

AnnieK68

Bugerit ... You made me post twice!

AnnieK68

Evening Ladies, shove up!

Venturing down from Tamoxifen Towers! Coping ok with BC (or life after) having problems with that thing called "work" but as of 28th Aug, all ties severed!! It's lovely to see some old faces here along with the new! Pour me a large one, just please don't let PB sing!

DJ007

Ohh - yes please MG. Sit round the fire and gaze at the flames - always calming. And even better with a glass of something! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening all. Although I am mainly living in Tamoxifen Towers without any problems, tonight is a shocker for all kinds of non bc reasons.
The woods may be dark but they are lit up by the torches and the sounds of revelry coming from the JM. I feel strangely at peace here. It is calming me down where other routes failed.
Have managed to add this back to favourites.
Anyone for a refill xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks ST just thought I'd pop in and see what was happening. Even managed to find my old photo.
xx
supertrouper

Hello Ducky!!!
Good to see you here again. I have saved this as a bookmark on my internet links.
I think the woods are the only place that didn't have rain today - I almost wished I was a duck today, think I would have coped better in the world of NED.
I've just got back from taking Buggerit for a walk, it's lovely seeing all the tents with the two fingered flags flying high again.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Woodies
Havn't been swimming on the lake for a while. Just popping in from Tamoifen Towers to say hi. Lovely to see so many oldies and newbies here. Just realised that it was 1 year ago on 1st August 2011 that I started chemo. Must admit the new site is not as easy to navigate as the old used to have the dark woods saved in my favourites but don't think I can do that anymore.
Love and quacks to everyone
Ducky xx
applestreet

Hey Woodies!!!!
Haven't been on here for a while as I lost my map to the woods when the site changed.. How lovely that people are still here.
Have found my tent on the edge of the lake and given it a good clean and a mend for any new woodies, will leave flame throwers and chocolate for comfort.
Lots of gin left for anyone who wants it, am a wine girl myself, anything white and cold, not bothered if sparkly or not!!!
I will keep an eye out for you Jane as I walk the well remembered paths, How is Soddit doing?
Am now in Tamoxifen Towers but suppose the hot flushes will even out the weather here OOp North where it never seems to stop raining.
It was this time last year when my journey started and these woods kept me sane in some very dark moments.
Well less of the doom and gloom and more merrymaking, I'm off the JM for drinkies, anyone want to join me is very welcome. M

Ali_H

If there are drinks I'd love to join in please, and can I also have a dog? I'd like him to be of the big, daft, slobbery, tail wagging variety and I'm calling him sodemall (in Wales of course he is llamedos, a bilingual doggie) . Can I have a gin please, no tonic, ice n a slice please.............bliss!!
GIJaneH

Oh, How lovely to have company in the woods again! The slightly worn bits through the nettles and bracken are where Soddit and I have been for lonely walks, hoping to see a fairy or two or a friend or two! I heard the sound from the JM as far away as LetrazoleLand (yes, it IS a long way back Wandy, isn't it?) Worth it though....

I think we should raise a pair of bloomers at the campfire flagpole tonight.....

Funny, I've just been away, and whilst on "holiday" I had access to an art room. Not being arty at all, it was quite amazing to me what I could create... I ended up creating this "woman" in clay... and, try as I might, I could NOT get her to have TWO boobs!!! Weird!

BBQ's going.... drinks are in.... Anyone else around? love to all

YIPPEE!!!

jane
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Fairly hosing it down here, must have brought my own raincloud with me. So think I will go and find a corner of one of the catering yurts to get some brunch then curl up with a book watching and listening to the rain.
I love the sound of rain on a caravan or tent when you're inside feeling cosy. Reminds me so much of childhood holidays (we went to the Lakes and it always rained :D) with my Dad looikng for and claiming he had found "enough blue sky to make a pair of sailors' trousers." Ever the optimist. Just as I am that I am that our "storms" will pass or that, at least, they will stay away long enough for us to enjoy sunny days and happy times.
Hugs to SCACO xx
Guest user
Not applicable

PHEW ..is it me or is it hot in here?!?!?!
DJ007

You know I'm only teasing ST! Sleep tight x

supertrouper

Hey - I resemble that remark! Revcat never left - she just thought she could!! ha ha. None of us want to leave here - we just think we should. The reality of it all is that we still continue on the journey through the woods. I spend most of my time in the land of NED - which is a lovely place to be! But, I do get drawn back to the lagoon. The wonderful tall yew trees with the chemo nests - I remember them so well. Buggerit is having the time of his life catching lots of newts and bringing them back to me all covered in slobber! I am putting them into clean jam jars out side my tent. If any one needs them before their next chemo then please come and help yourselves.
Spotted a few sleep fairies flitting about in the rain.....hope they go to the tents that need them.
Time to draw up the zip on my tent - so thankful that I brought my shewee with me this time! it's a long trek to the loos at the JM bar and you never know what gremlins have got past the patrols!
Good night all......and stay calm and please carry on x

DJ007

Hello ST - that must be one of the shortest retirements from the forums ever! Think even Revcat lasted longer.

The evenings are drawing in, I'll happily help keep gremilins at bay with a flamethrower. Not quite dark yet, so I'll have a swift glass of SB before doing patrolling duty.

Send Buggerit on ahead to frighten them off!

Dx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ST, yes we are back camping in here, keeping the paths through the woods clear for those who may pass and generally living it up in the Jingling Merkin. Mine is a large G&T, will cool down the flushes xx
supertrouper

I heard on facebook that the woodies were back!! So I have returned from the land of NED to camp a while with you all as this thread kept me going through dark dark times.
Buggerit, my faithful newt catching black dog is by my side - or he was! Just spotted him splashing around in the shallow waters at the edge of the lagoon!
Going to put up my tent now - candle has been lit in the chapel and I'll see everyone in the Jingling Merkin later. Drinks are on me!!
Think I better put a photo with my profile so you can recognise me when you see me.

Guest user
Not applicable

That's lovely Mavis. Lighting a candle sounds like a lovely idea.
Hope the sleep fairy finds you Kate and hugs Jane
Sleep well everyone xx
Alto

Definitely need a very large drink in the JM tonight - already had a large glass of Bells in the "real" world. News from various quarters has led to today being a particularly sh*tty day so at the moment I really don't give a damn about eating and drinking healthily. And if anyone tells me to be positive I'll tell them where they can stick it.

Pour me another please,

Jane xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Im ok a little hung over (forgot what that feels like) but Im in my tent now and have a sleep fairy tonight so hopefully tomorrow I will feel refreshed for a nice laze by the lagoon eating some lovely cakes.Oh and there's plenty of gin we had a new delivery so the bar is well stocked ladies 🙂 Whoooooo
sivam

Visited the chapel today at the edge of the woods,all the weeds and bushes around it had been cleared.It felt so wonderful that the woodies are in residence again
I left a buddhist meta or loving kindness blessing on the Altar
May you be at peace.
May your heart remain open.
May you awaken to the light
of your own true nature.
May you be healed.
May you be a source of healing for all beings.
I found during the roller coaster ride of the last year this loving kindness blessing helped drive away fearful thoughts
xxMavis

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey the Woodies gremlins stole my earlier post. T'was twaddle anyway.

Shove up Kate and Wandy, I could do with a drink (virtual of course) tonight.
Brought the two fingered salute flag and am going to fly it defiantly. Do one bc grrrr xxx
Wandy

Hey Kate, have you been all on your own in the JM since Friday???! Is there anything left for anyone else to drink??! Venture out whenever you like. You'll find lots of help and support and lovely cakes!!
Take care
Wandyx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Wandy
Well I have been in the JM since last Friday trying to cheer myself up with a few tunes on the piano and a few gin's.This Tamoxifen is good for working your hormones I tell you...Maybe I need to find the Lagoon and just sit and chill for a while.Im quite a new woodie and haven't ventured there yet....any one around there give us a shout..I will be the drunk one...(hick) ahh if only 🙂
sending hugs to everyone who needs one
Kate x
Wandy

Phew!!!....Well, I finally made it in...Don't think I came the right route from LetrozoleLand. I thought it was next to Tamoxifen Towers, but obviously not! Anyway, I'm here and ready to start helping to clear. Its amazing how overgrown its got in such a short time isn't it? Better send out the fairies to call all reinforcements for SCACO. I know Twisted Nipple have had a busy summer with the Jubilee and the Olympics but I'm sure they will come back for a session at the JM! I've rootled around and found my old flamethrower and Alto, or was it MG, one of you had the 2fingered flag which needs to get flying again! Actually rather looking forward to going to the Patisserie yurt and Lagoon also. Candles lit in the chapel and all thoughts and prayers with SCACO and anyone else who needs them.
See anyone who would like a snifter in the JM later...

Wandyx

Guest user
Not applicable

Got my stomping boots on - which look a little odd when I'm lying on a sunlounger.
Sticky bottom cakes, Alto, how they have helped me along the way.
The paths through the woods twist and turn. Sometimes you end up going in circles and going over some parts again. But if the company of this quirky bunch of woodies can help shine a light, trample on gremlins or otherwise help you on your way, woodies old and new are welcome.
SCACO, we are here, virtually and in the real world, ready to do anything we can to stomp on those sh*tty blighters for you and with you.
Sue xxx
Alto

I've cleared the nettles and brambles to the patisserie yurt, set the NE traps (we dn't want him getting in there - he'd scoff all the cup cakes), fired up the oven and will get in production again asap. Chocolate fudge cake, sticky bottomed lemon squares, Key Lime pie and lemon drizzle cake will all be ready shortly for those who need them. Remember, in the Woods all food is entirely free of calories and all alcohol is - well - just free

The lagoon has some lovely pedalos with sun shades, comfy cushions and iPod docks and each one comes with a Jason Statham lookalike (or female equivalent if you prefer) to work those pedals and serve cooling drinks. There's one with SCACO's name on it but there are plenty to go around so don't all rush at once.

Jane xxx
Mezzomamma

Having sorted out most of the overgrown hedge at the bottom of our garden, my loppers, pruning saw and secateurs are ready to go on the path between the JM and the Lagoon. But I did notice a nice bluebell glade on my last trip through, so let's leave that. And I suspect that we need to clean and air the cushions and duvets on the next sunny day. (Who woulda thunk that it would be good to tackle the chores again? Well at least the first time.) Granted some parts of the path probably need a flamethrower again.
If you haven't visited the JM or the Lagoon yet, there's a direct path from the JM to the Lagoon, so when one of those personal tropical moments hits, or when you just can't sleep, the Lagoon is always at the perfect temperature, and you can rock gently in a hammock or on a float. But the party is always on at the JM and there's a garden for sunny days.
Friends who know what you're talking about will stand guard against the assorted gremlins and trolls that lurk in wait.

Time for the Woodies to grab their flame throwers, tents, supplies & whatever else is required to help SCACO stamp on these lil blighters & of course assist anyone else that will be travelling through the "woods" with her, Revcat, can you get a tent errected so we have a place for reflection, prayer, hope or just quiet time for anyone that may need to visit, i am up & out clearing a path, as the "Woods" have got a lil overgrown in places. xxx