1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Hi Jane
I'm here ..grab a chair and sit with me..Im already a glass of rose in 🙂 It's very warm in here tonight..do you mind if I plug my fan in these hotties are taking over just lately.Sounds like you need a chilax 🙂
Hot Kate x
CanonJane
Community Champion

Phew! Made it back! Pooped. Absolutely bushed. No sleep fairies last night ANYWHERE!!! then work this morning.. and back in this afternoon to meet a family for a little service... they were late... and then when service was over, just sat... for, oh, 20-30 mins... and I'm thinking - come on.....please can I go home now? .....

So... I'm propping up the bar of the JM... LARGE white wine in hand... anyone else around?

Jane xx

Hi
Large whatever is going then thanks...PB is OK as long as he doesn't start singing!!....M

Guest user
Not applicable

JM is open ladies come and have a gin or 6 (haaa if only)!! I have been warming up the piano with some soft summer sounds along with the lovely sunshine its very theraputic . I thought I saw PB for a scary moment but I think wer'e safe:)
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Applestreet, it is never too early or too late for the JM to open. That is the best thing about virtual hostellries (sp?) xx

Hi
I'm on my way...too rainy here....can't be doing with it...sunlight sounds wonderful...is it too early for the JM to open???

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks all, all assistance in digging a tunnel much appreciated. Hopefully SCACO will be back home soon but she's still there today.
It's a beautiful day here, come and sit in the sunlight in the clearing everyone, leave all wet and windiness behind for a while MG xx

Hi
will be along with spade in tow if we are digging a tunnel to SCACO'S stalag...have hoisted granny bloomers outside tent plus two fingered flag....we'll have to dig it straight to the JM...she'll need some R&R after all her ordeal....best wishes to all from wet and windy NWest..M

CanonJane
Community Champion

Two fingered flag AND the knickers flying this morning! Hang on in there SCACO..... hope they DO get on top of the pain for you....

Massage in the sunshine by the lagoon sounds just what the doctor ordered.... for us all! experts in lymphedema massage of course! we can flush alternately or together!

Life in the World is a tad busy just now - woods invaluable to escape into!

have a great weekend, won't be able to pop in again till Sunday
love Jane

I am flying the two fingered flag on my tent whilst I am back in the woods.
Buggerit started digging a tunnel tonight after chasing a Gremlin - I am thinking it might be the start of a tunnel to help SCACO to escape prison?
I shall leave a load of digging implements outside my tent tonight if anyone wants to join in. I am going to go off with the sleep fairy that I found and enjoy a good nights sleep (I hope)

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies, just a quick update to say that SCACO is currently still in clink but has managed to get a message out to us by carrier pigeon (OK well FB then...) She is still there while they try to get her pain under control and work out what is causing it. Please fly the two fingered salute flag on your tents and send out Woodie best wishes for them to get her comfortable and back home with her loved ones as soon as possible.

Hugs to everyone, Sue (MG)

Hi
just read the top of this thread...get well soon SCACO....hope your meds kick in soon and you are pain free....love and v gentle cyber hugs to you missus... two fingered flag flying for you on the recuperation tent...

Hi
thanks Kate...not white choc though...unfortunate incident with elder daughter whilst she was a baby put me off...although I can bring my own bubbly choc which is my favourite...you can share...on second thoughts there might be other shattered woodie nanna's along so I'll bring extra....v big fan sounds good... he was eating an ice lolly...I could've cheerfully shoved it down my back to cool down...have said in another thread..I'm actually looking forward to cooler weather...how sad is that....

Guest user
Not applicable

Come on applestreet ..Iv moved up come and have a lounge sounds like you need a rest...I have my very big fan with me aswell for the hotties and loads of milk and white chocolate we can much our way through 🙂

Hi
I've been in the real world grandchild sitting whilst elder daughter escapes to work.....glad to be back in the woods for a while.... school for him next week....tamoxifen flushes and small children not a good mixture!!!...think I'll pull up a lounger and join you at the lagoon kate...don't need any massages....cappuccino sounds good though....don't know about sprinkles....whole choc bar needed to get my energy back.....

Guest user
Not applicable

morning woodies (or is it afternoon) I woke up at 3am like a stiff board had to get out of my tent very slowly and have a walk around to loosen me up a bit and have just dozed since.....I have heard about joint pain on Tamoxifen and could do with a lovely massage by a big handsome man 🙂 does anyone know if these things are available in the woods?? I need to lounge by the lagoon for a while I think with a cappuccino and chocolate sprinkles to help ease my aching joints!!
Sending love & hugs to SCACO
Hot Kate x
CanonJane
Community Champion

Hi Cackles... there's a lady on the "where did I go" thread with a rotten thumb.. Doz.....

Bit quiet in here this end of the week... lovely sunshine... Hope you enjoyed the BBQ last night... SCACO, we're still manning the recouperation tent for you, whenever.. no pressure.... just love and gentle hugs...

off to NED in a minute.... sleep fairy returned with thanks...
love Jane

Watching for the sleep fairy who keeps herself to herself these days. Perhaps she is playing with your respective adventuring cats.
I hope SCACO gets out of pain and can escape clink soon. The recuperation tent has it's lights shining for her. It is an unknown path but lots of others have responded to her call for support. Bless even this new Forum.
Madam Fe Mara has done her best to keep my thumb on the trigger! Anybody else have this pain in the.......thumb! Dear husband had to come with me when I went to the GP for a steroid injection (in case I ran away.) I can't think why but I seem to hate needles now!!!
Peeps time
Hugs to all especially SCACO
Cackles xx

Hi
nice to see lots of old faces in the woods.... how are you Cackles?....scales that weigh backwards....could do with some of those at the moment....Annie...is your cat related to mine by any chance...she thinks she's Indiana Jones...disappearing into the fields where I live and coming back when she feels like it...she's too old for that malarky but try telling her that.....tea and a butty sound just the ticket...no calories?...we are in the woods afterall!!!....M

Did I hear the words Tea & Bacon Butty? Mmm Yes please! Rude awaking this morning, playing hide and seek around the woods, searching for a daft cat who has to have supervised garden parole ..... not good when you have Tamoxifen Tendons first thing in a morning! I'm really not sure of his use these days - I've tried to train him like Soddit & Buggerit but he's so headstrong!

Love & best wishes to SCACO, I hope they sort her discomfort out quickly and she is back in the Recuperation Tent soon.

Axx

Hi all,
a quick update from the "woods" SCACO has returned to the hospital in the hope they can sort the terrible discomfort she is experiencing from bowel issues etc. Am sure all of you will continue to send love, prayers & best wishes that her discomfort is sorted quickly & she can return home ASAP.
When SCACO is unable to access this site, all your messages etc are passed on until she can get back on here herself to read/update & knowing the support & love out here for her will truly be helping.
Much love to everyone.xxx

CanonJane
Community Champion

oooh Cloudy Bay - and I had one the other week which was something Dog, also a Marlborough, and it was scrumptious..... Does it matter that it's not yet 8am???? Perhaps a nice cuppa first! It's a bit brilly in the tents these mornings! Sunshine by the lagoon definitely needed today..... Wonder if anyone else used your nest Cackles? It wa a g reat vantage point...
have a great day Woodies - bacon butties coming up....

love Jane

Now Supertrouper I love you dearly but I would rather have a strawberry beer which you recommended during chemo.. The Beetroot might be good for me but so is abstinence. These are the woods. All nice things can be eaten and drunk. Remember the scales that weigh backwards. I have lots of bunting and candles. The butterflies are in full bloom so what else do we need for the knees up.?
Lots of Cloudy Bay and Chateaux neuf brought in.
Lobster, scallops,swordfish, muscles, and sea Bass fished from the Lagoon.
My Dexters will provide cheese. BBQ here we come.
Xxxxx

Hi
beetroot juice sounds err....interesting...please don't let Macca in that man is a menace to society.... off to work on a sunday jane??? I thought you were trying to be kind to yourself....party for scaco sounds good though...hope she's feeling ok...M

CanonJane
Community Champion

Beetroot juice or Beetlejuice (as in Hitchhiker's guide..) either sounds, um, interesting!
Cooking more bacon butties this morning, and there's croissant and coffee for the veggies/weight conscious... or those who prefer....

Stopped Macca trying to get in last night! Said he had a song that would call the sleep fairies - I didn't fall for it! Hope the gremlins were quiet (thanks to the bagpipes!) and that sleep faires went where they should. I had one, who flew off when the alarm went - when the alarm went AN HOUR EARLY !!!!

Have fun in the woods today - off to work now I've sorted breakfast out... Soddit will have to wait for his walk...

love Jane xx

I indulged with a bacon buttie today - absolutely wonderful! All washed down with beetroot juice (my new super food drink)
Still no sign of SCACO - which gives us more time to plan a party!

Hi woodies
Sod the weight gain....bacon butties sound just the ticket...Yummmmm

CanonJane
Community Champion

There is comfort food available inthe JM - bacon butties!!! ... need sustenance as we plan the party!! J xx

Support party for SCACO sounds brilliant. She deserves a good do after the past few weeks. We should have a woodie meeting to discuss. Loving the bagpipes Margaret. You are improving with practise 🙂 Theres seems to be a lack of chocolate around here so I will hunt for a new supply to keep our energy levels up. I read somewhere this week that it is now considered a" superfood." I knew it all along. Much love to all x

CanonJane
Community Champion

Ah, The bagpipes!! - used to frighten off most of the gremllins! Good to hear from you again Margaret. Soddit is feddup because his playmates gone, so he and Buggerit can have fun today. I'm just creeping in to Sick Bay... sore throat and cold... but since this is the first "lurgy" I've acquired in the year since chemo finished, I think I've done well and I'm not moaning... just a bit quiet! Have a good weekend - I'll try and find the thread for SCACO...
love to all Jane

Good morning everyone.....I have been asleep in my tent for the past hour or so - Buggerit caught one of the sleep fairies and brought it back with a mouthful of slobber covered newts this evening. Wonderful sleep was had and I have now released it into the glade for someone else to catch.
I think SCACO will be back when she is ready. I think what we need to do now is prepare for the support party. I volunteer to be in charge of balloons - helium filled so that I can do the silly voice after too many drinks in the JM bar. Need lots of other volunteers..........
Just spotted another sleep fairy outside my tent........
GO GET IT BUGGERIT!!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry everybody- I really lost my way !!!!! Finished my treatment (lumpectomy node biopsy- 3 fec 3tax-18 rads-almost 15 months ago but found it really difficult to come to grips with the new site.First yearly mammo clear.
Have come on after hearing of SCACO.
If you're reading Scaco you were a wonderful help to me and my family also benefited since the dark woods and all our antics helped keep me sane and I would give anything to return the favor.
At the moment I'm getting my bagpipes ready-you have to season the bag by gargling with whisky and spitting it into the bag. The drones are a bit out of tune but should scare all baddies away no problem. The kilt's a bit tight because I've been eating for Scotland but who cares?
I'm so sorry you are so unwell and sending all the fairies I can think of,
All my love and best wishes,
Margaret x x x x x

Hi woodies
I have just replied to a thread started by SCACO. It's Feeling low and coming to terms. She's feeling low...obviously and is looking for reassurance, any woodies who know anything of her situation please reply... M

CanonJane
Community Champion

Welcome or welcome back!!

We can play "Hunt the fairy" today!!!! They are VERY shy things... and there aren't enough of them, so sometimes they spend a couple of hours in one tent, and then a couple of hours in another tent... most frustrating!

For all the newbies - hope your SEs are little ones today.... I'm grabbing a "full English" at the JM before shooting back off to work... bacon smells LOVELY.....

Have a great day! Paralympics being screened at the JM if anyone's interested... shame about the bleeping adverts every five minutes!

love Jane xx

I heard singing and there was the aroma of cake!! Greetings to woodies old and new. I'm lighting the flame throwers ready for action. I used to be a crap shot but I'm improving. Sleep fairies being rounded up and cushions plumped in the recovery tent for any in need. Together we are strong. Group hug xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oops, sorry all, think I must have hogged all the sleep fairies last night. Please come and grab a few from my tent if you need any during the night. Sorry about the snoring, I blame it on tamoxifen (got to be some pluses to all of this, surely!)

Hope everyone has a good day xx

CACKLES!!! Huge Hug for you xxxxx Sleep fairies are still as elusive as always. Hence the post at this stupid O'clock. Going to zip up the tent now for the night (or what's left of it)
Goodnight woodies xxx

Searching for a sleep fairy in the Land of nearly NED I wandered into the wood again.........what do I find? All the old lags having parties and I have missed them....D ....I should have tried to log in again months ago......It works at last. BCC must have used one of the old flame throwers on the Hremlins to get the site almost working again.
Triphazard do try and find my old yew tree to hang onto. There is a comfortable nest up in the branches. Positivethinking and holds tight are in there somewhere. Plug in your Pic and try the juices.
Rev cat, Supertrouper, Alto , staycalm, Ducky, Sivam and ALL the other Woodies, lovely to see your frolics again
Now where is that missing Fairy??????
Cackles
Big hugs to all xxx

Hi
Just popped in to say best wishes to SCACO lots of virtual hugs and love M

CanonJane
Community Champion

Phew! PBs gone! NE going to follow? Fortunately, Macca seems to be concentrating on being important, so he's not tried to get in yet...

Mary Grace, a verbal map would be fantastic if you're good at that sort of thing! Norberte did an hysterical one about Benchland...
Glad you're not so Hot Kate!!!

I'm out of touch with eye candy these days.... make what you will of that statement!!!

Great tea yesterday.... some of you will be lazing bank holiday style by the lagoon (jealous).. some of us have to go to othat place called W.O.R.K... be back later to have a drink. I sat down to listen to a Prom last night and spilt my red wine all over the carpet.. WHAT a waste (not to mention the hassle-factor)!!

take care Woodies - have a good day
Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I can confirm that PB has definatley gone on holiday with Ducky..I made sure of that I actually waved him off!! And ladies I have battoned down the doors to the JM bar for while because we really DONT want Macca turning up...Im going to pop back in bit and have a check..it will be back open as normal later.I personally am liking the thought of a bit of Rod Stewart for entertainment in the JM ..he would get it rocking for sure!!
Well I only had 1 little hottie in the night which wasnt to bad..I couldnt actually find any skyhooks but very bravly left the zip on my tent open and everything was fine 🙂 Fingers crossed Hot Kate may be cooling down 🙂
Supertrouper could you tell me the facebook link please I would like to join..thankyou
Hugs all around
Hot Kate x

Hi woodies,
OOOOHH Colin Firth......Lovely.... M

Oh, and if anyone spots my inner goddess, tell her to get back pdq. She buggered off to go shoe shopping at the start of chemo, muttering something about needles....surely she's found some shoes that fit by now...

Oooooh Mr Darcy.....ooh, I've gone all hot..... 😉

Bitting my bottom lip too - will wait to be chastised!!
Mary grace - with regards to the map you suggest - that is what I had in mind. You could post a link to what you created? Or join us on Facebook for the alternative journey through the woods that many of us enjoy.
Oh...Colin Firth.....all wet after fighting in the fountain........ I am bitting my bottom lip again!!!!

Oh Ali - ROFL!

How about Colin Firth? - then he can do Mr Darcy impersonations coming out of the Lagoon! Might not help the overheating in Tam Towers tho! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Rolls eyes and bites bottom lip 😉

Eye candy...hmmm.... Can't be Christian Grey I'm afraid, my dad and step mum called in to see me at work yesterday and she was talking about the Shades of Grey books...in front of a very busy shop full of customers she said "I'm too old for domineering men...can you imagine your father trying to whip me?" you know when there's one of those quiet pauses in everyone else's conversations, all eyes swivelled to look at me...dad said "I can have a look in the shed if you like, might find something I can use..."

No, no, no, too much info!!!

How about Benedict Cumbercucumber? Or Paul Hollywood, he could bake us some nice bread 😉
Guest user
Not applicable

Always thought we should have one of those maps like you sometimes get in the inside front cover of novels like Lord of the Rings showing you the layout of the places talked about. Would have a go, used to be quite into art, but no idea how we would display it on here and it might disappoint as other people's vision of the place might be completely different to mine xx

Just back from an exceptionaly busy day in the land of NED. Two greyhounds have gone back to their owners, and two more arrive tomorrow for their holidays with us. Good job Buggerit is busy here in the woods! Had my "fitbit" pedometer on today and managed so far a mahoosive 10336 steps today. It did help taking the dogs for a long walk through the park and up to a farmers market.
Anyway - I am here now and gutted to see that I missed Sunday Tea!!!! Is anything going on in the JM bar tonight? I see Ninja's back - and with a fine head of hair. Was hoping she would come back clad in her leather suit or exceptional hairy armpit avatar.
RevCat - I too laughed at the comments about our failed retirements. I guess I am nearly as bad as you!
Love the idea of these new breeze houses although the thought of the sky hooks for fans seems to fancy for the dark dark woods - that's more for the fantasy place that is benchland/spoonland. I would also like to install a summer house that you can rotate so that the sun is always shining where you want it to shine!
Do we have any artists/illustrators among us? I would love to see an artistic interpretation of the Dark Dark Woods. Anyone fancy having a go?
Right - thats me done for a bit. Going to walk Buggerit round the perimeter again and then get changed into something tight and sparkly and go and see PB.......er.....or has Ducky pinched him for her personal suncream rubber onher? - I think we need some new eye candy in here. How about Christian Grey for starters........?????