71111members
373718posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Cackles

Re: Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

I need my large knickers for the lard around my rear end. This is becoming the time of year when anti horrormoans gives us a slight advantage over normal beings. We save on fuel costs and water bills. Perhaps some of our flushes are due to livers screaming for reprieve after a JM session......such is life.

Ali_H

Morning all, am camped out in Tamoxifen Towers. Im glad Hot Kate is now Warm Kate, at the moment I'm 'oh here's another one Ali'... Maybe we could harness the sudden surge of heat as a form of environmentally friendly energy (although as it's woman made it's probably taxable). My onc says I need 25 rads, so that's the run up to Christmas spoken for! Made my mincemeat at the weekend, have been using this recipe for years....it specifically states "half pint of brandy or rum"! Now I think this may be a mis-print but alcoholic mince pies are actually very nice, as soon as the mix has matured I'll leave some in the Christmas tent for your opinion....I'm hopeless at making pastry but who cares, after 3 mince pies even PB will sound like he's in tune....

Could somebody please set their dog on Pissedoffness, I can't shake it off this week?
GIJaneH

Halloooooo!.... anybody there????? (big echo).... Wait, it's Wednesday, you're all meeting to raise a glass... raising my meusli.... Soddit, come BACK!

Jane & Soddit.... xx

silvershar

Hi fellow woodies, I am sorry to say I have not been on line for a while and found out yesterday about SCACO and was left reeling. I was at my aunty's funeral and to say the day was pensive and emotional is an understatement. I raise my glass to SCACO the founder of this beautiful woodland and I wil raise a glass in person with 2 of my fellow woodlanders on Wednesday evening - we try and meet when we can, as that was quite some journey we took/are taking at the moment and girls like SCACO were an inspiration as it our fab Choccie. God bless SCACO's family and friends and love to them and to all of you xxx to SCACO xxxxx

Kittyqueen

Had bit of a headache but baked pot and beans cured it, first time I've been able to eat them since finishing chemo 5weeks ago...Bloomin' cold when first came out of tent this morning...warm all night though as cats snuggled up with me :)))) Thong was frozen to line...def need bloomers soon lol
Nice and sunny so will borrow positivethinking and go for a nice stroll xxxxxx

applestreet

Fab party...head Ok.....just the ticket for a grand end to a rubbish week...positivethinking still in residence for me...enjoy your weekend ladies....sun shining in Nwest for a change....who'd think I'd be happy doing boring things like hanging out laundry...just shows how your perception changes....flame throwers charged and in a pile outside my tent....mine's the one with the enormous granny knickers blowing in the breeze..no thongs...to bl***y cold....bye for now..maggie

Quail

Best night of partying I've had in a long time ladies, and since the sun is shining (long may she stay), I'm taking Positive Thinking and NED off for a bit of a daytrip. Gentle Hugs staying behind, I think there should be enough to just go round.
x Quail

kate40club

Took the paracetamol and heads fine now Jane 🙂 Im up for a bit of Gareth!!! and glad you enjoyed the piano although it's been a while since I played Im a bit of a plonker now!!
Happy sunny weekend everyone!!!
Love Kate x (just a bit hot today)
GIJaneH

How are your heads??!! That was some party last night. Think the sleep fairies flew off for a bit.. but some ventured back... Richard Hawley? I shall have to Google.... THongs AND granny knickers at half mast? Excellent! Two fingered flag's been raised up this morning though... PisitiveThinking has joined in with being positive. Flame throwers charged.... SEs beWARE! Woodies, one and all, are A-MAZ-ING !! How about inviting Gareth Malone along one day for a Woodie Choirshop? Great playing last night, by the way...

Right.. sun'sh shining... Toodle Pip!

love Jane xx

AnnieK68

Can we invite Richard Hawley over for Karoke? He has the voice of a butch angel - PB wouldn't get a look in! RH is a straight talking Yorkshire man who enjoys a glass or two of red .... My kind of man!!
Cheers Ladies (Hic)
Axx

applestreet

No requests for abba songs in case PB decides his throat isn't sore....love the morrison's yurt....loverly snacks and stuff in there....two bottles of red coming over to you to do the honours Annie....Maggie

applestreet

Hang the two fingered flag on the siegfried line and all the granny bloomers mother dear.....love the air fan idea...could do with one of those...finger nails not too bad...kept them short through chemo...toe nails no longer exist...kept me socks on all through the summer....hideous.....large glass of white please barperson...to absent friends....cheers..maggie

AnnieK68

Nom, nom, nom ((comes in munching tapas from the Morrison's yurt!))) - fantastic piano playing tonight - thankfully I saw PB by the bar - unfortunately he has a sore throat!!

Crack open another bottle or two of red .., one for SCACO and one for Elticks!

Cheers Ladies!

Axx

Kittyqueen

Ok last request before get into my sleepy bag.... Oh ah heeeey heey baby....lost all my fingy nails and and a few on
me toes:)))))

kate40club

Hahaaa Love it ..Im good at requests and even better after a few jars...Im just having a warm up 🙂 Come on ladies the JM is buzzing tonight...raise a glass to SCACO XX
Kittyqueen

Coooool, wot about Roll out the barrell".......lol......or Hang out the knickers from the siegfried line lmao.....

kate40club

well I play piano so I will knock out a few tunes then 🙂 NOTHING BY MACCA!! Pour me a rose please someone:)
Kittyqueen

Yum will have a chicken tikka massalla, can't play
piano tho.....can do .orrible rendition of Nick Nack Paddywack...if anyone old enough to remember it :)))))))

kate40club

hang on ..hang on.. Im just on my way..lets make it Happy 3 hours 🙂 Curry and gin blimey the woods are having a ball tonight!! Would anyone like a tune on the piano? I will just have to plug my fan in though if you dont mind..lots of hotties tonight ..this Tamoxifen is very reliable for hot moments!!! PHEW ..Excuse me!!
Kittyqueen

Offfft..... Be there in 2 mins.....nother glass of red.... Cool Love PB...loathe NE.... set cockatoo on top of tent to watch for Macca... Thankies for welcome to Jm xxxxx

supertrouper

PUFF PANT PUFF PANT..............................................
Is it still happy hour in here?
Make mine a large one please. And yes please to the curry.
Happy Friday everyone
Glass raised to absent friends - CHEERS!

applestreet

NE...noel edmonds...PB....yummy pierce brosnan....as long as he doesn't sing!!!....Macca.....creepy little fella who thinks he can sing......Welcome by the way....we're in the JM....that's the local watering hole.....it's happy hour....get a wriggle on.....

Kittyqueen

Yummy... Tent erected... Will not have large knickers... But thong flying half mast in hope will fit in to it one day..... Just a couple of need to knows lol..who is PB......?
Large glass red raised to SCAICO.cxxx. Is NE Noel Ed shhhhhhhhmunds?

applestreet

Hi woodies
woeisme has left the building and positivethinking has paid me a visit.....
I've got room everywhere for lurkers but my tent might be more comfortable...Curry sounds brill....starving....free drinks...count me in...psycho cats.....got one of those myself....she thinks she's indiana jones.....careering off...coming back when she feels like it....my neighbours have been treated to a little bald middle aged lady with one boob and stiff tamoxifen legs trying to get an ageing moggy in the house for months!!!! Might be able to train her to hiss if Macca appears....gin and tamoxifen...too many hot flushes.....mind a few gins and I won't be in any state to feel them...Who's passing the choccies??? thank you v much...

Ali_H

In fact, got my first pack of tamoxifen today, might take it with the gin 😄
Ali_H

Friday equals fish n chips in my house, today I think it will be fish, chips n gin....
Quail

Well, we've all been drinking like fish for about a week now, so a curry might be a good thing to sop up some of the alcohol. Do you think it's time to pass around the choccies again?
Here's another for SCACO!

GIJaneH

you have room in your KNICKERS for lurkers??!!!!! SCACO WOULD be impressed!!! LOL!
Now 5 psycho bengal cats.... could be interesting.... Soddit chases all cats... and Buggerit chases newts and cats... we could have fun!!! At least yours have good taste (ie react to Macca)...

It's Friday night.... and it's Happy Hour in the JM.... free drinks... and I feel like a curry..... (don't look like one I hope!) see you all in a mo....

Jane

Kittyqueen

Hello Woodies xxxxxx
I have been a lurker but only for a few weeks....absolutely love this thread and would like to help it to continue if that's ok with you all.
I bring with me 5 psycho bengal cats who harbour a passionate hatred for Macca , have to stop them spraying on him if sighted :))) So would like tent with a few litter trays if that's ok? Can also bring screeching cockatoo:)))
Will lift my glass of wine to SCACO tonight..again I didn't know you but you touched my heart xxxxxxx
KQ
xxxx

applestreet

I agree as well Cackles...two fingered flag flying half mast as well as granny bloomers on my tent....which incidentally has room for anyone else who is lurking in the shadows or just putting their first toes into the wood...come to the JM for a drink....sunlight by the lagoon..it's warm as well which it isn't in the Nwest...as per usual...been feeling c**p all week...two fingers to cancer...Maggie

southpool

I am a lurker coming out of the shadows to pay my respects to SCACO. I love the defiance, humour & imagination of the woods they are genius. So a two fingered salute with a glass of Verve in my hand.

Much respect.

S x

GIJaneH

I agree....... J xx

Cackles

Perhaps in memory of the remarkable lady who gave us the inspiration to go through the wood with heads held high......(.but with hands clutched closely to the others doing the same trip ) is to continue this thread. That way those that are lurking might come out from the shadows and find comfort in the JM and Yurk.
The flag over the lagoon is at half mast but blowing proudly in the breeze. Thank you SCACO.
God Bless
Cackles

Ceej

Two finger salute flying high on my tent for SCACO - with much respect as a lurker x x

Amore_Dulcie

Good night ...God Bless you SCACO..i didn't know you ..but i only wish i had.. Dear Lady..RIP xx
Dulcie xxxx
supertrouper

Hey Cackles, my old Yew Tree nest warming buddy! Good to see you back in the woods. Double rainbow over the trees this week. Life in in the land of NED is good but I still get drawn back to the comaradarie of the woods.

Cackles

Supertrouper it looks like great minds were thinking the same thing at roughly the same time!!!!! Sleep well my partner in the sleep deprived zone.
Bless you one and all

Cackles

SCACO I so hope you have found that Dappled Glade. As you once said Gin is just Gin and tomorrow I will raise my glass to you. To return tonight from the funeral of a 99yr old makes it hard to accept the cruelty of a shorter lifespan given to the leader of the Woodies. Bless you and your family who must be devastated.
Cackles

supertrouper

I am on the GIN now - "not an acronym for anything" just GIN

ChoccieMuffin

To SCACO, whose support and down-to-earth common sense during some really crappy times will never be forgotten.

Cheers, Karen.

Two-fingered salute flying defiantly.

Terri52

Another large glass of prosecco here, to SCACO and all her fellow woodies.
Tx

janipi

Me too!!! A large glass of prosecco as I recall SCACO recommending it. Bottoms up woodies xxx

TSR

Raising my glass to you as well Scaco. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Peachez

I just know you're still sprakling somewhere SCACO.... I salute you.
Love to all Woodies, gently now, Onwards and Upwards girls xxxxx

supertrouper

I asked for a large red before, but changed my order to a pint of strawberry fruli - I brought a barrel of that into the woods with me when I joined last year. Double rainbow on my facebook profile tonight for Aly and Karen. Will never forget them and know that they will be there for me when I need them. xxxx

Alto

Here's a large Pinot Grigio raised high to my fellow Woodie SCACO.

May you always be happy and loved in the sunlit glade. Keep the welcome warm and the wine chilled for us lovely lady - we'll meet again one day.

Jane xxx
GIJaneH

SCACO - we raise our glasses to you (white wine in my case) - great party here tonight in your honour lovely lady. The Woods are legendary and will always be part of our journey and healing - for which we thank and honour you. We hope you are fully known, fully healed and fully loved now... and protected forever from NE !!!!!! xxx

AnnieK68

Here's to SCACO and all Woodies [large glass of red in hand] Xxx

pina_c

To SCACO.
I often visited your woods and found comfort and hope.
I came back today to raise a glass to you and all the woodies.
Cheers girls.
RIP SCACO, you will be greatly missed. xxx

lostinfrance

Heres to you SCACO......and heres to the rest of us.....onwards and upwards into the light