71091members
373650posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Mary_grace

Re: Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Hi Millymolly, sorry to hear about the dx but I was told when I was dx with tubular that it is very slow growing, doesn't tend to spread into lymph or anywhere else and can be blocked from recurring with hormone therapy (almost always hormone positive and usually small). Almost certainly not what you wanted to hear, but if you excuse the flippancy my view on bc is "better out than in" and with tubular, hopefully gone forever. I am two years down the line now (an early inhabitant of these woods) and though we may not pass this way too often these days as I am busy appreciating feeling so well and getting on with life, I just wanted tin call in and say that I was told that tubular is as good news as you can get in a bc dx.
Sending hugs xx

poemsgalore

Have sent all toddies and teddies back to you jenanne, with lots of hugs. They've thawed out now the snow has gone but are eager to be of use. Good luck for next Thursday xxx
pg
jenanne

I need those teddies and toddies at the moment! Been in the wood for 3 years now, wandering here and there, tho' lately it's become more of a petrified forest. Need to get courage up, fly the 2-fingered flag and prepare myself for TcH treatment next Thursday.
poemsgalore

the teddies had all the toddies and are now all in a stupor outside my yert. Hope they'll be ok, it's snowing again!!
Kayteeb53

Hope you ok Jelly
millymolly, loads of hugs and PositiveThinking coming your way
x
foxyferret

Millymolly_m another shoulder here. Pants news. Best of luck for the 6th.

Glad you're ok Jelly, have everything crossed for you. Is that why I'm falling over, or is it too many hot toddies??
millymolly_m

Thanks JCJ, that's much better now.
x
JCJ

Commiserations Millymolly_m. Here have 2 shoulders.

Everything crossed Jelly that they've got all the bu**er this time.
Hot teddies (for extra hugs) and toddies all round. xx
millymolly_m

See youn all in the JM - I need some shoulders. Biopsy identified a new tubular cancer in my other breast. Needs a WLE and SNB to be done on Feb 6th M
Glad you're back Jelly gentle hugs adn a hot teddy!
GIJaneH

Good to hear from you jelly!
Cold night. Hot teddies in the JM...wait, that should be hot TODDIES.....!

jellytot83

Hi Woodies,

Back from my second WLE, am tired & woozy but no drain this time - hooray 🙂

10 day wait now til my follow appt, fingers crossed for the margins please! 🙂 xx
Kayteeb53

Anyone off for a quick snifter? my fingers are worn to the bone from all this sewing
:-)
foxyferret

I used to knit shreddies but they didn't show me in the ad. Boo hoo!!
I could have been famous!
poemsgalore

Just read the last few posts about knitting herbal knickers and immediately thought of that advert for Shreddies, with little old ladies knitting the shreddies. Made me laugh as I thought of you all in the woods, knitting knickers. Hope you're not getting too cold in your tent Millymolly. If so, you can join me in my yert.
millymolly_m

Herbal knickers Jane - they could catch on. We could all go off gathering appropriate herbs from the woods for you to knit up into knickers for the nights when the sleep fairies are in short supply.
Am putting more wood on the fire 'cos the snow up here is getting serious. Hope my tent can take the weight!
x
nannabarb

Aaah there you are! Ive just scrolled all the way to page 5 of 'Active posts' looking for the woods, and you jumped to page one!
Off to watch Ripper street on iPlayer, so sleep well woodies xxx
Kayteeb53

Perhaps I'll repeat the hot chocolate brandy to see, in the interest of science of course!
night all x
GIJaneH

Wasn't intending to KNIT herbal knickers (or even HAVE herbal knickers!) iPad was going daft! Nothing to do with its owner, of course! I've only just re-read what I put (on a proper screen) and laughed. Definitely THERMAL knickers this morning. I've got fleece-lined tights on.... VERY cosy.....
right.... let's get on with the bacon butties..... I have cancelled the service at the hospital this morning, so have some "play time"....

nannabarb

Pleased to have been of assistance KAY, but I think it may have been down to the chocolate/brandy 🙂
Herbal knickers Jane - you might be on to something there, maybe you could knit in something to stop these damned flushes!!!
Kayteeb53

Nannabarb, I wondered why I had such a good nights sleep. Thank you for that! The lace worked!
kay x
GIJaneH

WANG was the type of early mainframe word processor I used in the 80's! Not heard the word for years!
i got a sleep fairy last night and slept through the bacon butties this morning. Longest lie in I've had in 30 years...

cold in the Woods... double duvets tonight.. Snow ploughlets at ,the ready.Knit herbal knickers flying... Sorry, that. Was supposed to be thermal knickers flying!! Wretched auto-spelling...

nannabarb

Hi Kaytee, I did join you last night for the choc/brandy but without the chocolate, but you had nodded off and was snoring in the corner! Hope the sleepfairy stayed with you, I did tie a little bit of leftover lace round her waist and tied the other end round your wrist, but as I didnt want to hurt her dont know if it was tight enough.
Bacon butty was yum this morning, just off to the CBA bench in BENCHLAND now as I'm cream crackered xx
Kayteeb53

I thought, blow the snow, not keeping me in! I'll have a virtual night out. So here i am in my zebra print onesie, UGG boots, wig on, sitting in the JM ..... BUT its a bit quiet. Have had enough costume sewing for tonight, so having a Thorntons hot chocolate laced with brandy, well it's my second actually. Have tied a rope from turquoise tent to hitching post outside JM so I can haul myself home. B the way thank you all for the food behind the bar.
ill see you in the morning for tea and bacon butties
night night all
kay x
Kayteeb53

Heartfelt wishes for those who have lost those close to them and a glass of something reviving waiting for you in the JM tonight. Am thinking hot chocolate with a shot of brandy.
take care all
kay x
nannabarb

Milly Molly... WANG???? the mind boggles 🙂
Go to the nests up in the Yew trees if you are still having trouble sleeping Tuppence and MillyMolly, very peaceful up there xx
Just had an lovely M&S Chocolate Ruby, now of to bed, long day tomorrow.. 😞
ST, So sorry about your friend, I have my friends funeral tomorrow, so my flag is half mast too.

<<<<Hugs>>>>>
supertrouper

Two fingered flag flying at half mast on my tent today after another cyber friend lost her battle. Resting in peace now. I am back from the land of NED to patrol the perimeter fences and zap any gremlins or negative thought fairies. Buggerit is running around like a mad thing trying to catch sleep fairies. If he is sucessful I will leave them in jam jars (with holes pierced through the lids) at the back of my tent.
I've noticed that the snowdrops are beginning to peep through the grass - aptly titled flowers today with heavy snow forcast for the next three days. I think I'll be turning up the central heating that leads from the eternal bonfire via complex hand dug tunnels straight to my tent.
Sleep well woodies

Tuppence

I'm chasing them sleep faries too Millymolly. Don't want another sleepless night like last night. My arm seems to rev the pain up soon as I want to go to bed.
millymolly_m

Hi Nannabarb, I think people are getting a bit excitd about the Benchland extavaganza. I've just popped over here for a relaxing glass of wine and some ibuprofen as ANC wound and drain hole are swelling as I type. I must wang more gently. Also think I may have been digging the guilt pit with more enthusiasm than was entirely appropriate.
Will be chasing sleep faries tonight if the throbbibg is anything to go by.
M
nannabarb

Coooo eeeeey Where is everybody??? must all be sleeping well lately 🙂
Kayteeb53

Glasses raised to all those with good news! After today's report that berries are good for you all year I am rustling up a batch of Summer Fruits punch ( vodka and squashed berries really)
more of our 5 a day!
Kay x
nannabarb

Yay, well done Tuppence, brilliant news,
and good luck for next tuesday Jellytot (by the way I loved your blog )
Tuppence

Thanks Foxeyferret x On way to JM now.
foxyferret

I had my second WLE on 23rd April and rads started on 18th June. As soon as I had recovered from the WLE I found it was life as normal (I went back to work) until about two weeks into rads, when the tiredness started to kick in.

Yipee - Tuppence - that's wonderful news, get yourself to the JM and celebrate with us. I've got one in for you.
Tuppence

Had results today - NO CANCER in the lymph nodes ! So relieved. I have to wait now to see oncologist and on waiting list for chemo. Seems a pity though that I had to have full clearance with the side affects that goes worth it - but hearing the consultant say they clear was music to my ears.
Mary_grace

Hi Jelly, I had a WLE then a re-ex as didn't get clear margins and then rads. While some people seemed to go from one treatment to another, I had quite big gaps, mainly I think because I hadn't had chemo so hadn't already got a diary of appointments with the oncologist. They told to expect about 6 weeks minimum between re-ex and rads, but by the time I'd met onc and had rads planning it was around 10 weeks between the two. Rads was a bind, more the routine and that it took a couple of hours out of each day for the round trip, but other than that I felt fine during it and could have scheduled other things - particularly nice things which took my mind off it !! - around it without any problem Xx

JCJ

They won't give you rads until the wound has properly healed and most of the seroma gone. I had my op on 21st Feb and rads started 24th April, but I did take a week 'out' to decide whether or not to have chemo and another week I was on holiday. There was also the Easter Bank Holidays in that time. However, the lady who had her WLE the same day as me, started her rads only about a week before me, (with no seroma or chemo-debate complications to slow her up!)

My team were very good at fitting around my holiday. Although rads need to be done on consecutive days, we had May bank holiday and week ends off, so I can't see why you couldn't miss a day for your pre-booked things. Speak to your radiologists when you go for your planning meeting. They will probably give you the list of all your 'zapping' times then.

It's fantastic that you have something lovely to focus on at the end of all this ****!
jellytot83

Hi Woodies,
I have my second WLE on Tuesday next week and I've been told I'll needs rads after it. I just wondered how soon after the WLE rads would be likely to start. I have things like my hen party and wedding dress fittings etc booked in so I want to know if those can still go ahead. I know everyone is different but just wanted a rough idea.

Thanks Lovelies 🙂 xx
Lozzarooney1

Hello lovelies!! Passing through (again!) BUT am in a better place now... Millymolly - funnily enough have just come from 'stupid things non BC people say' its one of my favourite threads!! Tho OH doesn't get why I find it so hilarious! Which strangely enough makes me laugh all the more! I have 3 grown up children (fantastic kids!). OH is too - tho he sometimes struggles with my mood swings! Do hope everything goes well for you tomorrow xxx
Tuppence - Good luck for Wednesday.
Kay - Onesies eh? I'd best have the piggy one ... have eaten far too much chocolate recently!
Thank you to all my breast friends (fab terminology Millymolly! X) and good luck to anyone else with upcoming results due or impending treatments.
Think I've spied me a sleep fairy randomly sprinkling fairy dust - gonna get me some of that!
Lozza xx
nannabarb

Hic....... Cheers again... With all this virtual boozing, think the JM transported to Benchland tonight lol ... hic.... night night, grab a sleep fairy and sleep tight xxxx
Tuppence

Good luck for tomorrow Millymolly. Waiting for results is the pits! I have an appointment Wednesday to get results of full clearance and I'm SO anxious. I'll join you in the JM as soon as I find my snow boots.
millymolly_m

Thanks Lozza, Ali and Mezzomamma for the congrats/suport/advice. I'm eeling physically better today.
Alto Jane - how good it was to read back ofer the Woodland History pages. I'd tried to find the exact bit but was struggling as there is so much support, shared anguish, love, fun and laughter to sort through. I have felt very low today. It's cold and snowy up here and I have to go back for another scan tomorrow. Couldn't be bothered to get dressed even.
Had called OH in the afternoon to have a good moan so he was not looking forward to getting in (he's struggling to come with my mood swings). Then I started to read from about page 25. By the time he came home I was giggling like a child. He too sends his grateful thanks (although he has no idea what I'm sniggering at).
Thank goodness for my new Breast Friends!
Lozzy - sorry you're having a hard time with your mum. I love mine to bits (she's 80 and very active). I'm finding that communiacting with her while there are so many unanswerd questions is one of the hardest things I've ever done. She keeps asking WHY I don't have the results yet and asking the same questions over and over again.
I don't know if you have any children yourself. I have 2 lovely grown up boys and I find it much easier to stay calm with my mum if I imagine how I'd feel if it was one of them in my situation.
Have a look at the 'stupid things non BC people say' thread for a wry smile and to realise we are not alone.
Figs stuffed with cream cheese and Hot Toddy in the JM on me tonight.
Hugs to all M xx
Mezzomamma

Stir fries can also help, and all of the drupes--prunes, dried apricots, cherries and so on. But sometimes it takes medication. Of course, then you may not get out of the loo for a day or so....

Alto

Putting my ancient Woodland history hat on, the name for the Jingling Merkin (JM) actually came about as the result of a Woodland conversation about morris dancing and merkins. Have a look at the posts from 779 onwards (pages 26-27 of this thread) for the story...!

Jane xxx
Kayteeb53

Nice to year from you again Lozzarooney. Sorry you have had a rough time. Loads of available benches in Benchland OR build yourself a relaxing tent in be Woods. Mine is turquoise with a hot tub. I have ample supplies of onesies and Ugg boots that I can fling on with my wig before a knees up in the JM. Sometimes that's the best treatment.
kay x
Ali_H

Yay Millymolly!! That's a weight off your ..... Um.... Mind! 😉
Lozzarooney1

Yay well done Millymolly - phew ... bet you're feeling pooped (sorry - couldn't resist!) now!!
hello lovelies - haven't been on for a while ... been in a dark place since my mum rang.... but shall be ok. She always does this... some people are just not meant to be mothers... sorry... maybe I'll head on over to benchland!
Am ok ...just passing through and picking up a sleep fairy along the way.
Lots of love and hugs to you all.
Lozza xxx
millymolly_m

Curry for tea last night and tonight...................feeling much better now!x
Ali_H

MillyMolly, 6 days...poor you! My record was just five days, it's an awful thing. What are you taking for it? I eventually found that a combination of Laxido, lactulose solution and liquorice allsorts worked...(this was with chemo). Mind you I felt so weird inside that once food had been swallowed I lost all contact with it, I didn't know if I was hungry or full, I couldn't tell if I needed a pee...very very strange. Hope the bungee jumping works!!!
JCJ

There are trans mats in Benchland MMM - go and 'borrow' one of them - that should help you get up in the trees. there are also bungy ropes in the Lost Plottery shed. Or if I could only remember where I parked that not-quite-JCJ........... 🙂
millymolly_m

Have been floating round the woods in my fleecy jimjams, clutching a hottie bottie for the past hour or so. Tried a calming infusion of fruit and fig tea at the JM. Hoping it might take effect sooner rather than later. When you put food in your body for 6 days without it coming out, where does it go? Tree climbing is off my agenda for the time being. Anyone fancy helping me build a pully system to get me to the tops. Might try bungee jupming in the clearing. The shock might unblock me!
Very cold in here tonight but the spiders webs are looking very pretty as teh frost settles on them. Think the sleep faries have gone into hibernation. Wait, no, I see one in the distance. Have a big net so am off after her.
M