66.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Kayteeb53

Re: Standing outside the dark, dark woods.

Great news MMM! Happy to share your bubbly and celebrate good news with you. Onwards and upwards!
kay x
millymolly_m

WLE - clear margins. Yipee! Fairy lights shining in my bit of the woods tonight. Bubbly on tap in the JM.
Xxx
GIJaneH

found "ICanDOIt", and a few sleep fairies, and "thereislifeafterallthis"- all bringing you BreatheDeeply and StayCalmandCarryOn (the name of the founder)... hope all goes well... The dogs you will see are Buggerit and Soddit... the latter being mine... the former STs... he's very good at fising for newts (or neuts)

Jane

millymolly_m

Ahhhh! Bliss, Thanks Kay, the hot tub is wonderful. Those tree frogs are trilling gently and lulling me to sleep. WLE results tomorrow and so to move on down another unknown path................
Boxofrogs

I think they quietly keep a beady eye on us all, and feast on any nasty bugs that might be lurking.
Guest user
Not applicable

People drift in & out of the Woods and there are many paths winding through, but there are safe areas, and Supertrouper has a flamethrower to blast gremlins who try to bother us.
I have an underground den in the Woods (my hideaway, that's a bit like Badger's place in the 'Wind in the Willows') The woods are dark....but in the clearings I can light a bonfire and someone always comes along to sit down with me. Nice to pop into the JM too for good company and a few hot toddies. I can get over to Benchland by gondola on the canal.
Boxofrogs, there are many little tree frogs around!
Boxofrogs

Maybe some tree frogs
Kayteeb53

Hi MMM, feel free to use my turquoise tent with hot tub. I won't be needing it this week. I'll top up the Twiglets for you and the Prosecco is in the fridge. If you feel like some company ill meet you in the JM later. Hoping the WLE went well this time.
Boxofrogs, no bears but lots of PositiveEnergy and ICanDoIt in the woods. Although you might find some comforting teddy bears dotted around
kay x
supertrouper

There are teddybears in the woods - and fairies and unfortunately some gremlins but we try and keep them out. Plenty of empty tents over there ---------------> by the lagoon. Some fur lined nests available up in the old Yew tree. Paths that lead off to all sorts of places like Tamoxifen towers, benchland and not forgetting the wonderful land of NED (which is where I live most of the time)

All are welcome here - you will find everything you need

Boxofrogs

bear hugs here.xxx
benedictus

Are they the friendly sort who would take you into their cottage and give you some porridge if you got lost? Oh - and a bed so the sleep fairies can work for MMM.
Virtual hand holdiing here MMM x

Boxofrogs

Are there bears in the wood? I like bears
millymolly_m

Not been in the woods for a long time but am waiting for result of WLE (post chemo re-excision) and feel the need for a secluded hammock in the treetops and loads of sleep faries.
Also, lots of newbies on this damn journey who will benefit from the woodland ways once they find them.
Hugs to all.
MMM xx
applestreet

Totally agree with you gypsy..not quite 2 yrs for me..13-10-11..I went for a walk with my grandson on Sat and didn't realise how far we had walked..he was tired..I wasn't..that makes a change!!!..energy levels slowly returning..not quite there yet but getting better..residing in Tamoxifen Towers for the next 4yrs..onwards and upwards ladies...

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh how this brings it all back.
Glad to see the woods are still here, and peopled with so many friends enjoying quiet relaxing times.
I've popped in to tell you all that there is a clearing beyond Mastectomy Marsh and Herceptin Hill. I'm there, (waves torch) Can you see the light?
I am 2 years from my MX (11/5/11) Chemo finished in Dec 11, Herceptin finished in Dec 12.
I've done 2 Race for Life, but only 5k.
Energy levels have returned so well that I now recognise how ill I was, and how bad it really is.
So accept the restrictions this disease (and the treatment) has imposed, rest up, relax in these woods, this time passes.
Love to you all
June
Guest user
Not applicable

Wow, what a firework display - like London at New Year! Pink, purple, yellow, silver, orange, lime green, turquoise, gold!
Bill's been entertaining us all evening on keyboard and guitar - also theremin, kazoo and bongos! Phew, versatile or what?
Tuppence

Just have one for the road and then back to my tent. Been a great BBQ. Feel so relaxed now.
Tup x
Guest user
Not applicable

Lovely BBQ - am enjoying some brown sauce sarnis and a pint of shandy at the mo'
GIJaneH

Procsecco... steak.... Sticky bottoms..

what more can I girl want?

JCJ

Mmmmmm twiglets! Can't resist them. Trouble is, they make you thirsty so you have to have another glass of something. And you know what goes well with a glass of something. Twiglets. And they make you thirsty .......... 🙂
Kayteeb53

I' m here! Pass a glass of Prosecco please. (Sits in comfy chair and puts feet up). Don't mind which man as long as they can BBQ.
Oooh look, sticky bottomed lemon cake, my virtual favourite! I've topped p the Twiglets on the bar.
what a lovely evening surrounded by ffriends kay x
JCJ

John Bishop?
Guest user
Not applicable

Well, how about some funny men to entertain us as well as wait on us! Bill Bailey for instance?
www.billbailey.co.uk
GIJaneH

Presecco??? I'm there! BBQ? Count me in!

now.. we need some waiters.... who shall we dragoon???

Guest user
Not applicable

A WBBBBQ - Woodies & Benchies Bonanza BarBQue...all are invited! The clearing is shimmering with tinsel and fairylights... and fireworks ready to light the woods up. Two-fingered flags flying. Lots of music, calorie-free goodies and prosecco!
Jen
Kayteeb53

Hi there Tup. Glad last return for Tax is imminent. Am sure you will be glad to see the back of it!
enjoy the Woods, see how the sun come through the trees giving a lovely dappled effect. Lovely and cooling for my anastrozole flushes! May pay the lagoon a visit today and fire up the BBQ later!
hugs to all
kay x
Tuppence

I'd love one of the bacon butties and a mugatea please Jane.. I've been resting up in my tent for a while. This journey sure is "taxing" - last TAX due in 3 days time. Really glad Soddit and Dammit are on patrol!
Tup
GIJaneH

bacon butties OUTSIDE the JM (because the sun was shining in The Woods, which is more than it was where I am!)

and again today, it being the weekend. Tents thoroughly cleaned out

Mugalattes and Mugateas brewing... the smell of coffee drifts over the surrounding woodland... and freshly made bread....

Mojo seems to be dancing around (because I've got some too)...it'll frighten off any "Ican'tdothis" gremlins and his mates. Ha! We can and have and WILL do this!

Kayteeb53

Pass one over Jane, with brown sauce please. Are we sitting outside the JM in the sunshine? Mugalatte too please
kay x
applestreet

Fantastic..bacon butties..I'm starving after all that cleaning...taken me nearly 2 years to find my mojo and the world is looking a lot brighter these days..

JCJ

Oooh! Bacon butties without the calories! Nom nom nom Yes Please! I'll have some. Can I be piggy and have egg on mine too? 🙂
GIJaneH

Having done all that clearing.... I'm in the JM making bacon butties this morning...
(thanks for the link to the candles - keep forgetting it!)
anyone fancy one?

Jane

Mezzomamma

I wasn't one of the climbers, Katybee--the dodgy knee is all too real. I'm just fine on the flat or gentle slopes, but have problems with rough ground or steep climbs these days. Those who really did the climb deserve a round of applause!
I'm going to get a big bag of spring bulbs to go into the areas that have been cleared, so I'll save a few for the Woods. There's still a couple of corners that are overshadowed by trees in neighbouring gardens, so when I find something that can cope, I'll get a few for the woods as well. I think raspberries and some currants can take some shade. We've had too many brambles everywhere to want to plant any of them.
If we get a decent bit of sun, I have hopes of a good bunch of strawberries, in which case the JM will be serving genuine American Strawberry Shortcake in a couple of weeks: really light, freshly baked scones split and buttered while still warm and heaped with strawberries, with whipped cream on top. You have to eat it with a spoon.
The candles are here:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng

GIJaneH

Soddit came bounding over to tell me that he had company! Great stuff! Popping in from NEDLAND on my way to W>O>R>K .... J M looks great again! Thanks Apple...

As for a map, there's the JM in the mddle (Jingling Merkin (look that one up!))... flag pole in front of it, flying the two-fingered flag... next to it is the patisserie yurt with all SORTS of calorie free goodies that taste good through chemo. There is a lagoon nearby, with sunbathers, and a path past the canal into Benchland... If you follow the narrow path through a bit of woodland, you'll find the virtual chapel, where you can light virtual candles... someone might come along who remembers the website address!

Soddit and Dammit (four legged friends) patrol looking for gremlins to chase away, like ICan'tDoThisAnymore and we all look out for sleep fairies. Some of the trees have very comfy nests in... most of the tents are comfy and have built in loos (no SheWees here, no no)

We used to have some hunky men around to fetch and carry for us... but that was a couple of years ago.... who should we ask in now?
There's a BBQ beside the lagoon, and we've had some AMAZING parties in the JM... welcome!

Have a good day (sending Positivevibes) NO, PV, not THAT Way, This way.....
Jane

Kayteeb53

Hope all is well with you Morwenna, and the Pinot Noir nd Twiglets are going down well.
applestreet, good to hear from you.
hi there Mezzomomma. All gardening contributions welcomed. Would be nice to see some summer flowers in the gloom. Well done you for the climb. Don't think I could o that. Toasting you with a glass of Prosecco!
kay x
Mezzomamma

Just wandered by to see how the place is getting on, now that I seem to be a permanent resident of Anastrozole Avenue, out in NED land.* I noticed a nice patch of bluebell wood on my way in. And some of the earlier Woodies climbed (OK, walked up) Snowden for Macmillan over the weekend. Me? With my dodgy knee? [she says, limping ostentatiously]
I've got someone coming round tomorrow to help with the gardening that's a bit too heavy for me (contributing to the dodgy knee), so if they finish early, shall I send them over to clear some brush and lay some new paths? or what about a sun terrace, now that we've got a bit of sun?

*Fingers crossed.
Best wishes to all
Cheryl

Morwenna

Twiglets!!! If there's one thing I miss, living in Canada!

Thank you for the tent. What a lovely colour. I'm sitting in the hot tub, relaxing with a small but apparently bottomless glass of Pinot Noir!

Things are looking better already. I'm having a chemo-holiday this week, so I can just relax and take it easy for a while. Thanks! 🙂
Kayteeb53

Hello there Morwenna. My turquoise tent is free at the moment, complete with hot tub and Twiglet holder. I may be back later in the week due to visit to the ONC on Thursday. If you need more comfort the yew trees are especially comfortable. I will send you a sleep fairy or too, along with PositiveAttitude.
meet me in the JM pub tonight for a nightcap. Will bring the calorie free lemon cake and we can have a chat. In the meantime will see if Supertrouper is around with her flame thrower the kill off those gremlins.
take care and relax
kay x
Morwenna

Hello???

I've wandered into the dark woods and I think I might have lost my way.

I passed Soddit along the way, and a few of his cronies, ...... then I was chased by Ahh-wots-the-use for a while, but I think I gave him the slip ... Can anyone help me? A map and compass maybe? .... or just a spare tent I can hide in for a day or three?

I'm not liking this scary place, and I need to regroup before I can get together with Bring-IT-On once more.
applestreet

bump

applestreet

Helloooooooo...anyone around..the woods have gone really quiet again..has everyone emigrated to benchland..I'm going to wipe out the cobwebs in the JM and give my tent a clean for any woodies new or old who might come along...

Lucy_BCC

Hi Millymolly

We are so sorry that this is a problem and we're looking into the issue of disappearing posts to try to find out what's happening. If anyone who knows their post has gone miossing can email details (thread, time of post, username of poster etc) to the moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk we'd really appreciate it and it will help us to fix the problem hopefully.

Apologies again

Lucy

millymolly_m

Grrrrr! Posts are vanishing again. Replies to my post last night have gone!
Guest user
Not applicable

I am strewing (good word that!) the trees and bushes around the clearing with tinsel and fairylights, so everything will shimmer in the spring sunshine. Also getting lots of fireworks together,for huge firework display to light the woods up!
Irenee

Sounds good Molly...could do with losing a few pounds. xx
millymolly_m

Count me in! I've been feeling sorry for myself and hiding in a camouflaged tent in the deepest, darkest part of the woods for some time. TAX 1 on Thursday and I'm terrified. people keep congratulating me on being half way there. Miserable sod that I am can only think 'yes but I've got the same to do again yet!
Perhaps I'd better crawl back in my tent for a while.......
MMM x
BTW, can any of you lovely ladies direct me to a wonderful post I saw very early on in this damn BC journey.......
The Low Chemo Moan song? Some bright spark wrote new words to Do The Loccomotion and i would love to direct some very fed up ladies to it to brighten their lives.
xx
JCJ

I'll bring the two-pronged forks and plenty of (calorie-free of course) CAKE. The alligators in Benchland are getting very fat on all the guilt so we could wrangle one of them to spit roast on the BBQ to make delicious alliburgers!!

Now all we need is some summer!! 🙂
Irenee

I'll bring the 'up yours to cancer' napkins....and the 'get stuffed cancer' plates and perhaps we can have bonfire to burn wigs on in the evening. xx
Kayteeb53

Any volunteers to help organise? As Jane says we can invite Benchies, but we need to make it really special! Anybody got any appropriate names for it, we can then plan?
GIJaneH

sounds good to me! The sun has some warmth in it... I think a BBQ by the lagoon.... should invite the Benchies I think....
Two fingered flag fluttering cheerfully in the breeze...

Jane (excited)