Start Chemo on Thursday, 19 April

Hi All

Had the surgery and now starting 6 sessions of chemo - not looking forward to it - who does? I hear you say. Followed by 20 sessions of radiotherapy Have just helped my mother-in-law through her ordeal of BC with chemo, radiation etc.over the past two years. Although she has secondary cancer, the good news this week is that at the age of 80 she does not need to see her Onco until October. So if she can do it so can I. Suppose I am really quite angry just now that after all that I now have to go through it myself - WHY? Sorry for rant but saw my Onco on Monday and needed blood which was taken in the chemo room. Sitting there reality checked in. Slowly getting back on top of my game so that I am more positive but I am very fed up. However, I know that there are a lot more worse off than I am so I apologise for my selfish behaviour. Writing as I know that you ladies know what I am talking about and make me aware that I am probably very lucky compared to others.

Campo,

you are not selfish! you have only just started with all this. It’s natural to feel everything you are doing and to focus on yourself at such a time, the shock is immense, but gradually that will fade.

I was diagnosed in Feb this year, so I am a little bit ahead of you, I have had 2 chemos and has not been bad at all. but at times psychologically has felt very tough, but I just come on here and usually someone makes you feel better.

I am sure in time you will be able to reach out and help others, but at the moment you can’t do that, and that’s ok!

Keep in touch and let us know how you go on (I am March chemo thread)

WS. xxx

Hi Campo
Come and join us on starting chemo april thread we are all really friendly and these girls get you through the bad times we have a laugh and a cry but it does help you i start chemo on wed 18th April so day before you
You arent selfish we all have good and bad days
lots of love Tracy xxx

Thank you WS and Tracy for your comments. Yes I would like to join on the April thread especially as you are only a day ahead of me Tracy. Good luck with your treatment also WS - it really is scary how many people are having to go through this. Friends and family send me links to all other websites and some scare the living daylights out of me. Defnitely better talking to those who are there with you. Now I will try to find the April thread. Sending lots of hugs and kisses and plenty of positive vibes. Hilary xxx