62356members
328199posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Chemo tomorrow,finally just hit me!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Start Chemo tomorrow,finally just hit me!

Hi Caroline
Sorry I have just looked at this post again.I hope you have got on ok.I am tired but otherwise the headache Zi had is gone and feel a lot better. Take care xx

Hi Picklepant,

I'm really glad you are ok brave lady. Must be such a relief to get the first one out of the way and tis reassuring to hear about how you got on. I'm having a bit of a melt down about starting chemo but fee bitl calmer now so thank you. Look after yourself.

Love Caroline x

Thank you every one.well had my first yesterday.Felt sick and had terible acid reflux but I know that part was from acid reflux I already get,so I expected it.Deep Joy! The nurses and drs were lovely and it was all very straightforward.Also had a Picc line put in.Can't believe how easy it was!thanks every one.Xx
Highlighted

Hi picklepants,
I have just seen your post, i expect your first one will be over by now- I hope it went ok, I finished 6 rounds of chemo in April, its all still fairly fresh in my mind though- at first I imagined myself bed bound for days! But actually it wasn't that bad yes there were a few days when I felt ropey but I still managed to get up and around even for a few walks- fresh air is actually really good.sickness or nausea was never a problem I took every tablet going and they worked!

Its not the easiest but so much easier than I thought and time does pass very quickly it will all be over very soon.
Good luck and best wishes,
Emma

Picklepants, read my post on anyone starting chemo in december

take care

deelush x x 

Thank you SamLee

Thank you x

No need to be sorry...you are right to post your feelings here. I really know what you mean about putting on a front and making like everything is ok when your crumbling inside. Its a scary thing and you cannot ignore how you feel. I'm starting chemo on 2nd Dec and am sure will be feeling the same. I'm hoping it wont be as bad as we expect it to be. The experts are refining the chemo drugs all the time and there seems to be lots of help with the side effects.....which you might not have. I wish you strength & determination for tomorrow.

Caroline x

Hi Picklepants

I wondered if you had seen the thread started by members beginning their chemotherapy in November.  I've attached a link:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/November-starters/m-p/901695#U9...

I hope this helps. if you would like to join the thread just post a reply and I'm sure the others will soon be along to welcome you.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

There's probably nothing I can say that will make you feel better, but as someone who is now 4 years out the other side what I would say is that chemo isn't as bad as everyone things it, it isn't as bad as in the so called "bad old days", and you will get through it.

You will find that the staff will be very helpful and once you have had the first session you will know what you are in for with the others. 

I know what you mean about wanting everything to go back to how it was, but unfortunately that never happens and the trick is to find a "new" going forward and you will, you probably don't think that now, but you are stronger than you think and you will deal with it.

Take care.

Start Chemo tomorrow,finally just hit me!

I am starting tomfeel very worried and upset now.I leave my job later on this afternoon.I have bought goodies for the kids and am going to tell them,if they ask,that I am leaving but will be back next year and gloss over the details.I am so sad I am stopping work though.I had my pre,chemo assessment yesterday and looked around the ward I will be on tomorrow.I was very impressed and all the staff were very welcoming.I saw a lady having her chemo and I thought that will be me Friday.I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and wish I didn't have to,go ahead with it.I just want things to go back to the way they were! I need to just man up! Smiley Happy Sorry, just had to get it off my chest,as at home and work I act like nothing is happening.