cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start chemo next week.

67 REPLIES 67
cass79

Re: Start chemo next week.

They won't refuse to pay you because of it, they'll just be checking you really are you and not someone else claiming to be you (who is 5ft 3!) but it must be so frustrating. We were hassling ours every day til we got an answer, I think they paid us just to shut us up haha! I'm sorry you had a crappy day, I hope you're feeling better today? Xx

Claire85

I haven't lost any hair as in it's come out in patches but I had noticed it shedding when brushing it. My head just feels strange and I can't stop touching it lol felt quite liberating if I'm honest and I've raised £245 now. I keep getting really bad heart burn so maybe it's not Al pregnancy related even when I feel fine the heartburn is still there.

I had a really bad day though yesterday did nothing but cry. Life insurance rang with an update because I keep pestering them and have basically said they have sent it back to the underwriters and some more I for to my GP because there is a discrepancy in my height of 4cm!
On their information it says I'm 5ft 3 and she said 161cm but doctors have sent I for saying they meausred me in september 2011 saying I was 157cm.
First but that annoys me is where they've for 161cm from I've never said anything in cm and 2 don't get why they have me as 5ft 3. It's a standing joke if anyone asks me how tall I am I say 5ft 2 and a mucky mark! I've measures myself at home and I'm 157.5cm according to my tape meausred 5ft 3 is 158.7cm so we are talking 1.2cm I can't believe they are trying to get out of paying for that. Like being 5ft 3 would have stopped me getting cancer for God sake. So now I'm
Worries about money on top of everything else thinking I'm gonna have no choice but to go to work when I shouldn't be there because we can't afford the mortgage if not and would lose the house.

Hubby gone on his golf weekend this morning and a few of the guys that go are solicitors and work in general insurance so he's gonna speak to them and see what they suggest we do.
cass79

Yay Claire go you! Have you lost any hair yet? I'd agree that for me days 5-8 were the worst for tiredness. I've also had a sore mouth with ulcers on my tongue and inside my mouth. Heartburn is also a big issue for me but I think a lot of that is the pregnancy. Good for you raising so much money Claire 🙂 xx
La-La

I have a bad habit of chewing at the skin inside my cheeks/lips when stressed... having to watch that!!

I only had 2 days of sreroids 😞
Maybe good as I got no come down.

Feeling ok so far.

Need to stop chatting and open my work email 😞
Claire85

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but if your anything like I was days 5,6,7&8 I was tired more so on days 5&6 but I had migraines on the other two which didn't help my tiredness. The come down from steroids is not nice I can certainly see why people get hooked on them. My mouth has been sore for a few days but I caught my gum the other day so the kits more from that.
La-La

Good to hear Claire.
I was OK up til yesterday (Day 5).. nit much energy, a but 'Meh'

Day 6 for me today and pretty much slept today.
Having to force myself to eat cos energy low enough as it is!
Cereal for brekkie
Eggie bread for brunch with a bit of maple syrup and banana (that was lovely, one piece would have been enough in retrospect!)
A piece of Cheese on toast for lunch (bleurgh)
Having salmon and mash for tea

Son home from school now so brave face on.

Does it get better after day 6?

I miss my steroids.

(Also my bot is sore! Need that Sudocream!
Having way too many conversations with my 89 year old dad about bowel movements! (I will never nag him to leave his house again now I know what he goes thru!))
Claire85

Hope all you lovely ladies had a nice weekend. I've had a few good days with a lot more energy and no headaches! Wahoo. I went for my consultation today with the wig lady and bought a headscarf and ordered a wig which I can pick up next week. I've also decided to have my head shaved tomorrow! Took a leaf out of Cass book and decided to be the one in control. There isn't much we get control over these days is it so figured I was sick of waking up wondering when it's going to start and decided to take the bull by the horns and go for it all off. I set up a just giving page as some of my friends said they wanted to donate money to a charity of my choice as encouragement and support which is lively so I chose Breast cancer care. I wanted to raise £50 and so far I'm at £130 after a couple of hours I'm so overwhelmed. Going to enjoy the next week before chemo again next week x
Claire85

I started chemo on the 7th may so I'm day 10 today. Going to pick hubby up from work soon go for a bit of car shopping and then go for bloods doing.
La-La

Ha ha.. I've already told my son I want lots of grandchildren out of him.. only child, no pressure there then!
Wish I'd had more.
Jobey68

Hi Cass , what is your little girl called? I like the same initial names, our boys are Joshua and Joel 😊 I love Noah, Louis, Isaac, Finn, I'm hoping for some grand children in the next year or two, I've told my lot after all this they need to get a move on lol! Xx
sazza38

The lady who does my nails was telling about stick on eyebrows - she bought some for a friends mum who lost hers through chemo - just messaged her to see what the company was called.
I'm a presenter for youniques 3d lashes so I'm hoping that any loss of my lashes will be minimal and I can build up with my mascara! I started using this stuff as my lashes fell out when I was pregnant - will post the company details when she messages me back - I agree with the body hair tho won't miss shaving my legs and underarms, just my hair I'm fretting about x
Mimselina

I just read that article and seriously I never knew there was such a thing as brow wigs! I am imagining the most amazing litlle mini wigs at the moment. Not sure I will be going down that route... Can you imagine if they start slipping as you are wearing them?

Let's hope we are all lucky enough to keep both lashes and brows.

La-La

Panto Dame brows here we come!!
I'm going for the Barbara Cartland look!

I'm a trained beauty therapist too from 30 years ago.. never practiced (got fed up of pedicuring old ladies feet in training salon... total reversal ended up caring for my mum's her last 5/10 years!)

No bikini waxes sounds great!

I don't think there is an absolute on hairloss, day at a time. Useful link on the subject on Health dot com..

http://www.health.com/health/m/condition-article/0,,20233987,00.html
Mimselina

What day did you have your chemo Claire?
From what I have heard most people don't actually lose their eyelashes or eyebrows until the T part (of FEC-T) so I am hoping that is true. Drawn on eyebrows can look so very bad if they are done wrongly and the chemo really affected my eyes and gave me blurry vision so I can only imagine what I will end up looking like!

Claire85

I'm not bothered about the body hair like you say quite looking forward to not having that to do lol think it will be the eyebrows and eyelashes for me. Wonder whether you can still stick false ones on without your own. When I've had mine done before they stick them to your own but the strip ones I do myself I don't so not sure how that will turn out. Yeah I'm
Day 10 tomorrow and nothing as of yet so we shall see what next week brings
Mimselina

10 days should be fine. I'm 10 days past chemo now and I haven't lost any hair so far, I did use the cold cap but the side bits wasn't completely covered so I am expecting them to go in the next week or so.
I must say I am quite looking forward to not having to shave my legs any more though!

La-La

I had a bath last night.. washed my hair.. felt a bit strange knowing I won't have to soon.. I didn't bother blow drying it so woke up looking like Worzel Gummidge!
Suppose I should treasure it whilst I have it but I feel like I can't be bothered. Odd.

A lady at church this morning took my face in her hands and said 'Don't you worry, you will still have your beautiful smile' .. that was strangely touching and made me feel better.
(I was worrying as it is Alex's first communion next week and I did not want to be bald for that.. Will be day 10 so should be OK?)
Claire85

I was gonna ask the other day if you found out, congrats one of each. I have 2 girls but they would have been Ben or Charlie if they had been boys I love the name Harrison too it's my hubby's mums maiden name. I'm feeling okay today again energy levels pretty good just a bit of a full head but nothing I can't manage. I reckon it will probably get worse as each session goes on but don't want to be too negative I just can't see it being this easy. I feel like I'm just waiting around for tm hair to fall out, I've noticed a lot more comes out when I brush it but from what I've read its says days 15-20 so I joked with hubby that's this weekend and he'll probably come home to me with a bald head. His reply through laughter was thanks love, most wife's buy sexy underwear as a treat I'll get a bald head haha. Love him!
My scars are pretty much healed really neat although my Breast one is still leaking? The scab keeps coming off its driving me mad it's not itchy or red. I guess I'm just gonna have to do shallow baths for a couple
Of weeks which will be a lot easier when I've no hair lol
La-La

My boy is Alex, but he was very nearly Max! (Couldn't call him that, my friend's hubby's name, she'd have wondered!!)

I'm 49 so probably way out if touch, but his cool friend at school is called Finlay/Finn... I like that.

Harry's seem very confident too!

When are you due?
cass79

Hi Claire, yes I've had the headshave, it's taking a bit of getting used to but I'm glad I've done it. My daughter thinks it's hilarious. She said "but you don't look like a boy" so that's a relief 🙂 when I touch my head it's like touching someone elses! It's her birthday on Tuesday, so next Saturday it's her party and my headscarf head will get it's first party outing! How are you feeling? I've got a really odd sensation in my nose, sort of like I've snorted water...or snorted pepper. It's very strange! 

La-La I'm pleased you're feeling ok so far. It's a relief to have it started isn't it? 

I need suggestions for boys names please....My bump is a boy bump 🙂 xx

La-La

Still sore.. One scar is about an inch and superglued together.. kinda pinching.
The other wound had about 3 stitches
They just hurt like hell if I lean on or stretch my right arm. I'm learning.
Bruising now starting to go yellow.. just got to be careful with my right arm.. (saying that I've hung out 3 loads of washing and planted 2 hanging baskets today without any trouble)

Also celebrating my first number two in 2 days! Hoorah! 🙂 (chemist refused to sell my sister anything to help! Told me to call 111! Useless!)

So not a bad day 3.

I'm sleeping OK but maybe the pills?
I take a Leveomoprazine (anti nausea, knocks you out apparently) and 2 co-codemol (they always make me sleepy... but codeine but can bung you up)

I only take steroids breakfast and noon (make my heart race a bit at first)

I'm resting up a bit during day when I feel like it, but not napping, so maybe that helps me sleep at night?

Don't know how flexible they are with pills..Levomepromazine is ace at night!

Off for a sunbathe now. (After sorting son's revision timetable out! He's such a procrastinator!!)

Wishing you all a good weekend. You all totally inspire me xxx
Claire85

How's your portacath today? I'm starting to feel like myself again energy levels probably 70% joined back at slimming world this week, in my slump of late night appointments last minute dinners and lots of eating out I've put 11lbs on in 2 months so I'm ready for the healthy eating and better snacks. I know it won't be as easy with treatment because some days I'll want to eat more than others but it's something else to focus on rather than when the next blood test is or chemo session.

Did you go for the headshave Cass? How did it feel and how's your little one been. Was it her birthday this week? Hope she had a lovely day if so. Xx
La-La

That's a nice bit of news to end the week on 🙂

Happy weekend ladies..
heading into days 3 & 4 hoping as good as days 1 & 2 (have some sneaky doubts though!!)
Jobey68

Oh doesn't it just Claire, it's always the same! We've gotten to the point where we are afraid to answer the phone anymore for fear of any more bad news!
Glad to hear you've had such a lovely day, your positivity is amazing and I really admire you, as a parent I know you would do anything for your kids and to keep them happy but I've been very grateful not to have any little ones I've had to keep a smile on my face for , I've been honest with my boys but have tried to reassure them I will be ok and they have been fantastic, I'm feeling really good at the minute and looking forward to a lovely weekend with my hubby and hopefully lots of shopping before my Rads start next week, he's spoiling me rotten and I'm making the most of it 😉 have a lovely weekend and I hope you continue to feel well and keep your great attitude 😊 Love Jo xx
Claire85

Aw Jo I'm So sorry to hear that. It never rains does it only bloody pours. I had a chat with my mum last night very civilised and we sorted everything out, fortunately it's a situation and comments that have been blown out of proportion with people taking things the wrong way then commenting to someone else.

I've had such a lovely day today though, the negative karma has gone and I had a lot more energy today. The headache seems to be at bay for now and today I took my youngest daughter to see Disney on ice in Leeds! We got free VIP tickets. My eldest daughters friend was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in January and the hospital rang her parents this morning to say someone had given some free tickets for today's showing. When they arrived at the arena there were 6tickets so they posted on her blog if anyone could get there within 30minutes they could go so off I went. I absolutely loved it and it really made my day with my little girl as we have never really got to do things just me and her with her being the youngest.

Have a lovely family day planned tomorrow at the theatre and shopping so I'm hoping the energy levels stay up and the headaches away. Have a lovely weekend ladies.
La-La

Oh I know how you feel.. my cousin got prostrate cancer last year, my mum died last Autumn, then my uncle, then 4 days after I get diagnosed! Plus a heap of siblings serious dramas I won't share.
I am trying to remember if I broke a mirror... but then think that on the plus side my mum and uncle both passed really peacefully (pneumonia), and at least Prostate and BC is 'curable'.
But I gave to say 2014 and 2015 won't be going down as favourite years in my Autobiography! 😉

I always try to think positive, but boy at times you do wonder!

Massive hugs to you all. Off to take a barrel of drugs and try to het some sleep mow my heartrate has come down from steroids!

Night night ladies xxx
Jobey68

It's been just awful, you would think one thing to hit a family would be enough but she found out the very same week I was diagnosed, then my father in law and an aunt died the following week,we will all be very glad to see the back of this year! The only saving Grace is our son is getting married in Sept so something joyous for us all to look forward too! Fingers crossed we've had our run of bad luck now xx
La-La

Oh God Jo that is heartbreaking!
Your poor poor niece!
And poor you, sounds just so traumatic!
But thank god you are strong and were there for her. xxx
Jobey68

Hi Claire , Don't families just drive you mad at times!! You would think your mum would feel extremely proud of you for being so strong, and as long as your happy with your hubby going away then it's no one else's business but everyone seems to think they are allowed an opinion! Since my diagnosis I've had to also help one of my nieces through losing a baby with Down's syndrome at 16 weeks pregnant and another of my nieces and her mum .. My sister ... felt it was too much for them to deal with so stayed away from us both which was very hurtful, I'm a big girl and can cope but my little niece is just 19 and had to go through labour knowing she was going to lose her baby boy, I'd had my lumpectomy a week before but was with her through out and had to watch her go though it and see her darling little baby born, I've been so angry and we've had a quite bit of upset over it which is so unlike us as a family as we are all very close normally, So this past few weeks I've made my feelings known and we've all got together to talk it through and are hopefully back on an even keel now, thankfully we are a big family and everyone else has been incredibly supportive to us , it's been a horrendous few months but you pull together and not apart as far as I'm concerned so I really hope you can sort things out with your family xx Jo
La-La

Bloody hell that hurt!!! The portocath area was all inflamed bright red this am and bruising already 'not seen one like that before' says chemo nurse, but goes ahead and after 3 (tear jerking) attempts finally got it in (had to put all her weight hind 3rd try.. have to admit I cried like a baby!!!
EC was easy though. Took an hour, rested ther an hour now back home (maybe not the best idea getting my sister to drive me... infamously bad driver, gets me carsick at best of times, but best friend developed a stinking cold so no option:(
Home now, about to take a nap I think. Gave my sis a makeover for an interview, she looks fab, she's there now. (They'll be in for a shock if she gets the job!! I adore her but she is bonkers)

All I can say re families is hod chooses our family and wee choose our friends! I have 5 siblings and there is always some drama going on.

I don't know your mum, but possibly she is just worried about you, I used to 'have a word' with my sisters ex hubby when I thought he needed it (I am a bossy boots though)
They may not have malice behind it. Am thinking they are probably just scared. And I have the thing about people commenting on how 'brave' I'm being... my 2 sisters would literally cave if it were them (good job it's me then!)

My mum died last Sept after a long illness, she was a massive worrier, and would always chat behind people's backs about her concerns. I felt like it was a bit back-stab by, but I actually think she was scared to say anything to my face, she hated 'conflict')
Drove me bonkers.
I miss my mum every day, but Kindof glad she is not alive to see her 'baby' go through cancer.. Probably every mum's nightmare.

You know what you want and by then I think you'll be fine. No-one else's business but yours, but folk looking in from the outside may raise an eyebrow... only natural, but it's nowt to do with them. If you are cool with it then they should be.

I'm on my own right now... Actually a bit of a relief... don't have to put on a brave face or deal with anyone else. Bit of a luxury! (I'm a crap patient, I hate accepting help.. control freak!!)

cass79

Don't be sorry for the rant, it's good for you and I absolutely understand where you're coming from. It's strange and sometimes sad to see how different people are reacting to us. I find my patience levels are crappy any way so I can't tolerate nonsense anymore! 

Hope all goes well today La-La, am thinking of you. Xx

Claire85

I've had a portacath fitted, mine felt Really tight and achey afterwards. I started chemo the day after mine too and they had to change the needle they left in as it wasn't flowing properly. By the day after I just felt like it was bruised and by day 3 was fine. Can't still Feel it there mostly when I go to bed as I sleep on my front.

I've had a bit of a row this morning with my sister and I'm gonna have to confront my mum tonight. Every year my hubby goes away the last may bank holiday weekend on a golfing weekend with his uncles. He works the overtime to pay for it and I think he deserves it. Obviously when I was first diagnosed he said he wasn't going to go (hasn't paid anything so no money loss and doesn't pay for anything till the actually weekend). I said I'm happy for him to go still and genuinely want him too but have since found out my mum friend and auntie have been discussing behind my back how they think it's inappropriate and selfish of him and he should be putting his foot down and saying he isn't going. I could understand their opinions if I had asked any of them to do anything with the girls next weekend in anyway but I havent. I will Also be coming up to round 2 of chemo so should be at my best energy levels wise I just don't understand why they feel the need to criticise us in anyway they can for spite. This is my same mum who I've heard has moaned at my auntie because I've not had a breakdown about having cancer and I'm probably in denial. My mother in law who I have t always seen eye to eye with has been my rock this last month or so, texting me all the time offering to do what she can when she can and the people I thought would be here as in my own mum feels the need to **bleep** behind my back instead. I think that's what's hurting the most not their opinions (they are entitled to that) it's the fact they don't have the balls to say it to my face and just slag us off for having the strength to get on with our lives as best as we can.

Sorry for the rant ladies but feel like I need to explode some of my anger somewhere so I don't say something I will regret later
La-La

Start chemo tomorrow and it's finally sinking in.
I have no idea how we all manage to cope... so many people calling us 'brave'... hah! It's not like we have a choice here (OK, we could crumble... or we could all spontaneously burst into a chorus of Gloria Gaynor!!!)

A lovely lady at my church iffered to have some 'healing prayers' said for me.. now whilst I am regular church goer, I'm the farthest thing from a 'happy clapper' ever... (I'm a bit of an arguer) but I thought 'What the heck, I'll take any help there is going for this'.
Did not know what to expect, bit nervous, but it was 2 lovely older ladies just laid a hand on each of my shoulders and prayed quietly for me for about 20 mins.

First I just burst into tears (the 'brave' bit fell away immediately) and after feeling a bit awkward and fidgety (I am rubbish at being 'still'!) I actually ended up feeling lovely and calm.
No shining epiphanies, no Angels appeared, I just went home feeling very very relaxed with that tight feeling in my chest gone!

That was nice.
Lasted until tonight cos I had portocath fitted tonight for tomorrow's chemo and it really aches/ hurts like hell when I cough!
Anyone else have one fitted?
I'm worried it may have torn free inside when I got off trolley back onto my bed after theatre.
Guess I'll find out tomorrow!
sazza38

As much as I hate it we all got chatting through what we are all going through- it's great we can chat amongst ourselves and share our feelings.
I know family partners friends etc all mean well when they are listening to us - but I think until your in thrus position you never know.
I've had my surgery and just waiting for results next week - my eldest wants to keep checking my war wound! I told him that once if had the surgery I could take some aoecial medicine and I would be better and he's taking that in his stride xx
Jobey68

Bless your Hearts ladies you make me feel all emotional, wouldn't it be lovely if we were all close by but what an unlucky street we would live in lol!! This forum is a god send and yes it's can feel very lonely at times and you do feel you are the only one going through it, I have the most amazing hubby and family and friends but it's not happening to them so talking to you all is such a help as you all totally understand, you are all amazing and between us all we can do this girls!! ❤️❤️
cass79

Jo, Claire's right. Please don't feel bad, I have to force myself to stay positive for my bump and my daughter, but if they were grown up I'm sure I'd be really pre-occupied with this cancer. We're each dealing with our own situations and nobody is really better or worse off than anyone. You always, always have warm words of encouragement and support for us and that shows me that you're a wonderful woman.

I also really like talking to others in the same situation, it makes it so much less lonely. Nobody else understands how it feels. I wish we all lived in the same street haha! I am going to buy my own Ranitidine, but insist that they prescribe me some for next time. My tongue is sort of numb today, and I had a hot sweat last night. This is all so glamorous! Head shave tomorrow...eek! Xx

Claire85

I just feel wired up, I can't describe it. Slept okay last night though but tried to stay away more yesterday don't want to end up nocturnal lol. Glad your 20week scan went okay and you will be monitored regularly I've still been taking the anti sickness tablets and I feel sick when I wake up on a morning. Can't believe they didn't give you anything for the heartburn. I'm sure it was ranitidine I took with my youngest, I was hospitalised when pregnant and I was so badly dehydrated from being sick all the time. That and the fruit rennies I think I kept them in business.
It's so nice being able to speak to people
Going through the same situation as me I really feel like it's helping me and giving me a lifeline to carry on with my life as normal as I possibly can.

Jo don't for one minute apologise for any self pity you have felt. I'm sure I've still that to come, I just put it down to I'm too busy with the kids to let it overtake my thoughts where as I can imagine it's all you can think about?
Jobey68

Oh ladies hearing you talking about your little ones makes me feel very humble, I'm almost 47 and my boys are 24 and 26 and I've been feeling so sorry for myself these past few months, I honestly take my hat off to you both for having to deal with this awful disease at such a young age with such little babies to care for, I cannot imagine how it must feel yet you seem to be dealing with it with great strength, you make me feel ashamed of the self pity I have felt, I'm not even having to go through chemo either so you have both given me a big kick up the backside tonight reading your posts and I wish you all the luck in the world with your treatment and have no doubt you will beat this B*****d with your strength and courage! Love and best wishes to you both xx Jo
cass79

Ah thank you! I've felt absolutely exhausted today, I had an obstetrician appointment and also my 20 week scan so I was glad to get home and I slept for an hour. Baby looks healthy and strong though and I'll be having scans every 4 weeks. I've also got horrible heartburn, I'm a bit annoyed as I knew I'd get it badly as I had a bit from the pregnancy anyway so asked for something to be prescribed but they didn't. It's awful. It's my last day of steroids today and I wondered about any changes to sleep. Are you not sleeping in the night? Are you still taking sickness pills? Yes the gene test is just another blood test...another two tubes of blood taken though, it feels like I'll have none left! I can't imagine the gene test will come back positive, but if it did I guess I'd have to think about doing an Angelina! Xx

Claire85

Not had the gene test yet, consultant said to look at that after but my sister is going today for it do will find out soon enough. It is so hard to protect them and like you say when they're so young you don't know what links they are making themselves. I've decided to do the same with my hair as soon as it starts coming out I'm shaving!

How you feeling today? I'm drained today, the come down from the steroids isn't helping me sleep either and my mouth feels awful. Nothing tastes right and I've got wicked heartburn. You sound like your doing amazing Cass and your babies will look back in years to come at how brave their mum is and how strong you are. What does the gene test involve? Is it just a blood test?
cass79

Oh that's so lovely of your little girl 🙂 my little girl will be 4 next week and has said a few times that she's poorly, or has a poorly boob! I'm having my head shaved on Thursday so she is prepared. Personally I want to do it to just feel a bit in control. I'm just really hoping she doesn't associate this with the pregnancy. I've tried to explain that the two aren't connected but she's so little it's hard to know what she's taking in. It's so hard to protect them isn't? Have you had a gene test done? I had mine done on Wednesday and it'll be a 6-8 week wait for results. Xx

Claire85

I'm sure you will be fine for your holiday. We were suppose to go to Tenerife at the end of August but they said at be time I'd be half way through chemo, if all goes to plan I will have last one just before they go. But I agree 4.5 hours on an air conditioned plane and 30degree heat wouldn't be very pleasant. Not having the girls for 2 weeks will be a holiday in itself although I know the thought of it sounds nice I'm dreading it. I will miss them so much, not been away from them for longer than 4days when I went on a hen do a couple
Of years ago(they were at home with the hubby though so slightly different this time). How's your little girl been? My youngest is 4 and away with the fairies most of the time she just comes out with random
Comments about feeling unwell or going to hospital. My eldest turned 7 yesterday and is a lot more observant. She knows my hairs gonna come out soon and today I was tired. My 9year old niece has come home
From her dads this weekend with a sponsor form (she's running race for life with her step mum at temple
Newsam) my eldest went and took £5 from her birthday money and said I want to sponsor you for my mum!! Melted my heart bless her.
cass79

Such a shame about your holiday 😞 we're meant to be going on a week's holiday to Cornwall (not quite so fabulous) a week after my next chemotherapy session and I haven't even mentioned it to my onc yet. I'm hoping it won't be a problem, my daughter is so looking forward to it, as am I! Really nag for the critical illness stuff, I had to with my GP but just sent a surgeon's letter from the hospital which was enough! When the underwriter called to say it had been approved she said she was really sorry for our situation and it sounded horrendous. It made me wonder what the doctors had said haha! Xx

Claire85

Haha I just bought some ice Lolly's from the shop but ice cream sounds good. Although I feel like I need to rain in the eating. I had to leave a message with consultants secretary but still no reply so I'll ring again tomorrow. I'll bug her ino getting it filled in just to get me off her back lol I've nothing better to do. Slept most of this afternoon and attempted to finish the c-word programme but fell asleep before the end. I can relate to a lot of it at the beginning if anyone watched it. My first thought was our family holiday that I've worked 2 jobs for the last 12months to pay for to now not be able to go on and it cost me £1500 just for my 2 girls to still go only saving me £350 from all 4 of us! Keep wondering how quickly my hair is going to start coming out, I feel like it's really thinned at the sides but maybe that's just stress.

So glad you got your critical Illness through Cass it will be a huge weight of my shoulders then. We have a theatre trip I booked ages ago on Saturday so I'm hoping I'm feeling upto that and want to take the girls out for tea before as an extra treat for not really doing much this weekend for daughters birthday xx
cass79

Ooh Claire I meant to say to you that my critical illness payment came through! Yay! Hope yours goes smoothly too. They take ages to consider the paperwork but payment came through 3 days after the approval. Such a weight off my mind. I'm a bit more tired today, but I'm heading out for ice cream 🙂 xx

Claire85

I just bought some co-codemol as they had no telephone/appointments at doctors. They ah e really helped me. I have managed to sleep a lot better over the last few days. I few very tired today cass79, a lot more than I have done over last few days so I'm currently having a sofa day after dropping the girls at school. My eldest was 7 yesterday but hasn't felt too
Clever the last few days with a temperature and headache. Calpol and nurofen are fab for her she is right as rain after 20minutes so I've sent her to school still anyway. I'll try keep you all updated each day as I go on. I thought I would wake up today and feel shocking but honestly I'm just tired so that's definitely a relief. I've just rung my consultants secretary again to
Change up the insurance papers for my critical illness. If I can get that sorted over the next week or so I will Feel better knowing that when my money starts reducing from job 2 next month We'll be okay x it's so frustrating having to worry about things like that on top of everything else.
cass79

Hi Claire, had my first chemo yesterday, was very much as you described. It was odd on the ward having it as everyone kept staring at my bump and my chemo nurse admitted that I was only the third pregnant woman he'd ever given chemotherapy to (in 25 years!!!) I'm doing ok so far. I'm interested to see your nurse said symptoms would probably kick in on day 4? Gutted, I thought I'd escaped the worst! I've got terrible heartburn and some nausea but haven't been sick and no headaches. Just really tired. Do let us know if things ramp up tomorrow. I hope they don't. Xx

La-La

Thanks for the update Claire... it does help to know the details.
Did you get co-codemol from chemo nurses or did you have to get from your GP?
(Just wondering if worth seeing GP tomorrow for something stronger... have to go see him anyway to see if I can get him to prescribe the mistletoe extract!
(Oncologist has OK'd me to use it, which is great (I had 1 week to educate her!!! Anyone interested please PM me)
But she won't administer it or prescribe it.
I need to go to Great Ormond Street Royal Hospital for Integrated Medicine to have it administered initially by a GP who is a practitioner... (the Queen's own doctor is a practitioner there!That'd be nice:) But I now have just Monday or Tuesday to get up there and get it administered before chemo!!!!
If not may have first chemo without to see what 'normal' is, then have it for subsequent chemo and see what difference it makes.

Are the painkillers for headaches ladies? How bad do they get/ long do they last?

Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight xxx
Claire85

Well I'm 3days post 1st chemo session and feeling okay. The portacath was fine La La, I had sedation too took about 45 mins but felt like I was in theatre for 10minutes if that I just kept slipping in and out. It was a little tender on Thursday and they changed the needle they had left in for chemo as it wasn't flowing right but it wasn't too bad them pushing on to change it.

So 1st chemo session, so they started with the anti sickness drugs and the steroids which was fine and then out came the big 3 syringes ( 2filled with red liquid and 1 clear). When I started getting the 3rd syringe with the clear liquid the nurse said I may get a little light headed which I did, I also felt like my right ear wanted to pop like when your on a plane. I then got a weird sensation in my gland and down my neck which then traveled back up my neck to the back of my head and kind of sat there. The nurse said it could be from the steroids or the flow of the saline stuff. So after 3 hours we were on Our way home with a bag full of medication. At around tea time be headache still hadn't gone and I was starting to feel a bit of nausea so I rang the hospital to let them know and they said to take some anti sickness and paracetamol. In the end I ate a bit of tea took my meds and went to bed and felt much better to be in the dark! I slept till 3am then tossed and turned for 4 hours. ( another side effect from the steroid) on Friday I ended up getting some co-codemol as he headache wouldn't shift with paracetemol and nurofen and that's seems to have done the trick. Other than knowing when it's nearly time for anti sickness and feeling tired so far so good. Nurse said effects will
Prob hit tomorrow so I'm a little but anxious about that, worries I'm not gonna wake up for the school run in morning and hubby at work lol. Have an appointment for Thursday to go see about a wig/headscarf so I'll keep you all updated. How's everyone else getting on? cass79 have you had your results?
La-La

Liam Gallagher comment made me laugh... suspect I'll look like Matt Lucas dressed as the weightwatchers lady in my wig (and without will probably just look like Matt Lucas!)
Thanks for the tip! Will definitely check them out, sounds perfect.
Will be in touch about next week (i'm having sessions at the BMI Hampshire Clinic now.. thought it'd be the main hospital.. but no 😞