Did you mean: 

Start days for radiotherapy

7 REPLIES 7
Toulula

Re: Start days for radiotherapy

Hi got my hormone tabs now xx
Toulula

No mapping just weighted me examed me asked me things what tabs I was on got up set again have to wait for letter for mapping and times dates for radiation treatment hate the waiting going to doctors this week tell her about me crying all the time told this is normal hugsxx
Toulula

Hi got letter from hospital today go for mapping on 4th September the will tell me dates for radiation got tabs off docter today for anxiety told to see her again in 2weeks once this is all over and get back to what I like doing I will be ok . It is because of not doing what I used to do swimming dancing no worrys that's what give me anxiety and not sure of the future xx
Atat

Hi
Now have my dates. Starting on a Monday after all and yes, will have August Bank hol 'break', had initial consultation with oncologist last Wed, and planning session on same day. Will start on 11 August.
Also started Anastrozole so it's all go!!
Thanks for posts
Atat
Kalo

I start rads on 4 th August for 3 weeks, have my CT scan and tattoos done on Tuesday 22 nd.
Debs-

I start mine august and already have the plan. Mine start midweek on a wednesday and the aug bank hol I dont have any rads.my last rads finishes on a wed too..Dont think it matters , ive also heard that rads continue to work upto 10 days after a session so weekends and the odd bank hol monday wont make much of a difference. Ive just had my little black dot tattoos  put in place today reafy for rads. All the  best.

Angie55

Hi Stat
I started on a Thursday and I had 2 bank holidays over Easter. I did not have Radiotherapy on bank holidays which was quite nice having an extended weekend break. It really depends on when your treatment starts. It will go really quickly once you start.
Take Care
Angus. X
Atat

Start days for radiotherapy

I always thought that rads were Mon to Friday for 3 weeks (altho I gather it's sometimes 4 weeks). I have heard that sometimes they start mid week. Has anyone experience of this or what happens if there is a Bank Holiday in the middle?
Thank goodness I discovered this forum!!!