Started FEC-T yesterday

Hello, I started my 1st cycle of FEC-T yesterday. Only had very slight nausea so far and experienced some night sweats last night. Has anyone else experienced the night sweats?

Good luck over the next few months…you are not alone!!!

You can look at the August, September and October 2016 threads for a lot of information about how we coped and sometimes didnt cope too well!!

It is tough going but keep telling yourself that it is only for a few months and it will eventually be over.

I was very sick with nausea and couldnt get it under control.  Looking back I didnt ask for enough help from the medical team - please dont be afraid to contact your hospital helpline for any help you need.  I suffered in silence and hated taking medication. 

3 months post chemo now and am much much better.  I have lost lots of weight and everyone is telling me how well I look.  You will be there in a few months!!

Be good to yourself and remember that you are not the only one going through this…the forum is a very valuable lifeline and join the April thread for fellow warriors to talk to…

Aine x

Sorry…lots of ladies experience the night sweats - it is a common side effect

Hi

just to say hello Chicken.  I’m starting FEC-T chemo on Friday 30 June.  It’s been a long time coming from diagnosing in February and mx, reconstruction and ANC surgery on 12 May. 

I’m going to try cold cap, but also have a wig consult tomorrow!

I’m finding all the appointments difficult as I still can’t drive following surgery and usually have about 5 hospital appointments every week. I hope the appointments will actually reduce now I’m starting chemo. 

Hi Carole, I have finished the FEC now and start the Docetaxol this afternoon. I found the FEC reasonably ok to cope with and managed to carry on working in my good 3rd week. Not looking forward to starting the Docetaxol today! Good luck with your treatment xxx