1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Anastrozole

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Starting Anastrozole

Hi ive just come off letrozole and been given a Anastrozole my Letrozole was 2.5mg and Anastrozole is 1.mg so hope I see a difference I couldnt stay on them anylonger..im going to start taking them on monday enjoy being me for a few more days. I always found taking my letrozole was better at night before bed then any sixkness would cone while I was sleeping but did use to wake me sometimes I do t read to many SE on Anastrozole o here as much as Letrozole..I rrally was gonna stop taking any tablets due to the 1% difference .I thought quality of life was important.
christine x

Hmmm

Reading these comments I was advised to take it in evening- easier as far as hot flushes go. 

have found I'm not sleeping well but then I haven't since my diagnosis. I think maybe I will see how I go for another week- have been taking it for just over 2 weeks - and if still not a lot of sleep will change the time I take it

Incidently I do find camomile tea helps me relax if I'm restless and so sleep.

matty

Hi, I am on day 8 and take it in the morning about 8am aching joints seem to have subsided, sleeping through the night a bit of a problem but last night was first good night so I am going to try morning time for a month to see how it goes.

I have been taking anastrozole for 2 weeks since my diagnosis

I have arthritus anyway but have noticed my left shoulder (same side as the beast cancer)is really painful.

I already take a tablet for arthritic pain so I hope it will cover the side effects.

I am also intolerant of most anti-inflammateries and so am wary of anything else into my system (hoping no chemo!) as very early stage.

I always took it in the morning about 10am. because I found that taking it later in the day interfered with my sleep. I suppose everyone just has to experiment to see which works best for them.

Hi poemsgalore. 

Thanks for your reply. I will give it some thought as I get pain in my hips sometimes at night due to arthritis so I may be better off taking it in the morning. Take care xx

I think most take it in the evening, but I take mine in the morning, as I don't have any problems witht it re bone pain. All the best. xx

Starting Anastrozole

Hi

I start taking Anastrozole this Thursday, 27th Nov, on the same day I start my rads. Just wondering if anyone has found a time of day that it is best to take it as far as side effects go? Thanks SML x