cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo November 2012

Pascal_48

Re: Starting Chemo November 2012

Hi
Lynda - I have just read that article and ordered some myself. I thought I would have a problem getting it but Amazon have it in stock.It's also on ebay so I bid for some on there aswell, if it works I will be using loads! Got to be worth a try, even if it makes my hair grow slightly faster it will be worth it.
Ladyofsurrey - so glad you are feeling a bit better, it must be so hard, my daughter is 15 and just seems to spend more time with her friends now, who are a great support for her, but I do miss her.
Lots of love
xxx
Border_Collies

Hi Sparklers,
Until now I have been a "lurking" Sparkler but felt it was time I came out from under cover to say hello. After a lifetime of breast cysts my last lump was diagnosed as BC in late October. Had lumpectomy on 9th November, with clear margins and no affected nodes. Diagnosed stage 1, grade 3. Fortunately I'm covered by BUPA so everything has been done very quickly for which I'm grateful, but I've gone through everyone of the emotions of horror, fear, anger, morbidity that all you ladies mention in your posts. Until I'd read your posts I felt like I was the only person in the world with this beast of a problem. Now I know it is perfectly normal and acceptable to be normal one minute and in floods of emotional tears the nexgt for no appartent reason
My biggest fear was losing my hair and announcing myself to the world as a cancer patient. I've told hardly anyone about my condition - just my husband, my son and daughter and their other halves and my brother and my best friend. All are ssworn to secrecy. They are all so supportive. I'm using the cold cap and am due to have FEC 3 (of 6) on Tuesday. Hair is shedding - started day 25 - but no bald spots just thinner. It looks such a mess, especially after each treatment with the ghastly leave in conditioner but I'm determined to keep on with the caps. Have got two wigs but I think they would put too much stress on the hair if I wore them, so I don't. Saw in the Sunday paper today a new shampoo due to be in Boots on 27th of January called FAST. It wasn't an advert but one of these write up things they do on new products. It is said to make the hair grow twice as fast and can be helpful for chemo patients with hair regrowth. Doesn't work on people who have gone naturally bald though. Went on line and I see that Amazon are selling it now. It is made of amino acids and natural products, balanced ph and no sodium sulphates which damage the hair. I'm going to get some in stock. I'm a sucker for things like this.
I think you ladies are wonderful. Strong and brave, and you have inspired me to get in, get on with it and get is over with. Thank you all.
Lynda
Guest user
Not applicable

hi sparklers,
lady of Surrey, stay strong, Remember we ara all on a journey we have not chosen to follow, we have to find inner strength to take us on our journey we have to be both strong and brave, we have to fight our demons & keep moving this journey will make us stronger & find people on our way to help us get to the end.
Jelly I am having my fourth chemo on Thursday, I am dreading it too, big hug x x
love and best wishes to you all xx
We are sparklers & have to keep sparkling brightly 🙂 x
mandyp

Jellymould - sorry to gatecrash november's thread, but as i am december i often look through nov in anticipation of how it might be...... anyway i have been suffering with a shocking back - do you think that it might be that we've gone from being really fit and active to not doing very much? Ive been really worried about mine and have at times foud the pain almost intolerable......... my onc says it is more than likely stress / tension / post surgery?????
Mx
Guest user
Not applicable

Lady of Surrey I really know how you feel I think we all have these dark thoughts I know I do but I am learning to just take one day as it comes plus as other sparklers have said we are all here for you and your not alone, I get a lot of strengh from all the great people on here.
Stay strong
love yvonne xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi sparklers, going for my 4th session on wed, bit worried as this is the 1st of Taxotere, more se to look out for. ive been suffering with a bad back pain too, i thought it was because i have gained so much weight, might ask when i go in next week. hugs all xx
mandyp

Lady of Surrey - Ive sent you a Personal Message - I think?!?!?
Guest user
Not applicable

Mandyp
I also have had back pain which has only started since chemo i have had a scan as i thought it had spread !!! Apparently i have a minor back problem (nothing to do with C) and the chemo drugs have exaggerated the pain !!!! Obviously i was over the moon and i you need to make sure your ongoligist knows about your back pain and request a CAT/MRI scan. Im sure it will be nothing and it will put your mind at rest.I am also on GCFS Injections and these also give you back and hip pain.
You will survive as will i xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Mandyp
We just need to tell ourselves we will get over this. I know exactly what you mean about the dark thoughts and i have reoccuring dreams which then leave me awake during the early hours of the morning which sends my brain into overdrive. We have to fight and will fiight because of our children and must never give up the fight. I have calmed down now and feel a lot better and on looking at other threads realise that there are a lot of other people in worse situations. My Macmillan nurse told me it was totally normal to fell like we are and to just go with the flow and take day by day. I have started to ask for help from freinds (which i never did before as wanted things as normal- but chemo is not normal nd need to remeber this) . The children are out having fun at a playdate whilst i might get some sleep or a bath.
Never never give up and rant like i did earlier because we are human and cannot always be supermums xxx
mandyp

Hi Lady of Surrey
I totally understand where you're coming from and have up and down days, with more down days than up. i've had my 2nd FEC and felt totally floored all over christmas and new year and my three children 9, and 8yr old twins had to put up with me not wanting to eat or play or celebrate and i was in a lot of pain with my back, so am naturally panicking about that......
i have cried most days and had some really morbid thoughts....... ones that dont bear thinking about really..... I think this whole experience is one of my worst nightmares and pray that i live to tell the tale.......
You are not alone......we are part of a really big club.......
Big hugs
xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sukiem
To hear from people that understands makes me feel so much better about myself.
I really struggle especially when it comes to the children and how it's affecting them but a few months of CBeebies and microwave meals will not hurt !!! (I KEEP TELLING MYSELF)
There are people out there who are in worse positions so i need to pick myself up and carry on the fight which i will do !!!
We will all get through this and beat it xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sukiem
To hear from people that understands makes me feel so much better about myself.
I really struggle especially when it comes to the children and how it's affecting them but a few months of CBeebies and microwave meals will not hurt !!! (I KEEP TELLING MYSELF)
There are people out there who are in worse positions so i need to pick myself up and carry on the fight which i will do !!!
We will all get through this and beat it xxx
sukiem

Ladyof surrey-I'm your age with a 6 year old son and I think your feelings are so normal.

I've just finished chemo in December and throughout have struggled with feelings of guilt about my son (bringing illness into his life/just not being physically or mentally able to do things with him etc). I also found chemo has made me very introspective and alienated from most of my friends/family-who try and help but can never really understand the sheer physical and mental impact that chemo can have.

Please go very easy on yourself and tell yourself that this time will pass. I don't know whether you are having trouble sleeping but I was which made everything seem worse. I got some medication from my oncologist and this really helped. Its not for everyone but worth considering.

If its any consolation my 3rd chemo was the toughie and my last 3 were a bit easier. The injections will help too.

Take care xx
sukiem

ladyofsurrey-cross posted and glad you are feeling better x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you Stellanbraska im sorry about my rant just had a mad hour where felt i couldn't cope !!!
I can cope and will cope and there are lots of people out there in worse positions than me - so need to buck up and carry on fighting this !!!!!!
Thank you again x
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Lady of Surrey sending you lots of vertual hugs .....This is such a tough journey and the fact your no getting any support at home makes it all the more harder.
Perhaps it might be an idea to have a word with your GP and see if they can offer you any drugs to help you through this tough time, and also get in touch with your BC nurse who can put you in touch with other ladies in your area who have and are going through this .
This is a tough journey but try to hold on to the thought every day your one step closer to the end. You can do this try not to beat yourself up it will get better
Were all here for you to hold your hand
Take care and keep strong x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Sparklers
Sorry I have not been on for a while but I have struggled with chemo from the off!
I have had my 3rd chemo and feel terrible low and tired.
AFter my first 2 chemos both times I ended up neutropenia sepsis and in hospital and I am so scared its going to happen again. They have lowered my dose because of this which I'm not happy about. I have started the Gcsf injections at home to get my count up.
I have 2 small children and I know it's the seasons for bugs and colds but I don't know what to do to do to stop becoming ill.
NOt getting much support from husband who seems more concerned with not letting work down and leaving me trying to cope with a 2 and 7 year old. I cannot take much more of him telling everyone he had to wrap all the presents up and how his cold is awful - I dont understand him anymore instead of thinking wow my wife has done so much over the years he is mad at me ! I feel like he is putting my under more stress and I want to leave but have no where to go.
Feeling terrible guilty at leaving kids in front of TV all day and serving up microwave meals for them. I hate myself becoming short with the kids and feel like I'm putting on them all the time. SO mad my kids are affected by this terrible thing.
No support from family but have some great friends who have helped at times but some days feel so weak I struggle getting out of bed- it's like I need a carer from 7am till the kids go to sleep.
Keep having dreams about secondary cancer and panicking that its going to happen to me and don't feel positive anymore
I feel so low and fed up and just want it to end and go away for good
Im so mad this has happened to me and has changed me from a happy and healthy 42 year old woman to someone who doesn't recognise herself anymore . I did all the right things no smoking, not overweight, rarely drank and breast fed both my Children. I hate the way they the drs talk about my life in 5 year survival rates it makes me furious that This has happened to me at 42 why did it not come in 20 years time when my children will have grown !
Anyway sorry this is a rant but actually feel better already putting this down and having a good cry x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hiya Tracey4044, my veins collapsed to with my 3rd treatment so they deferred it and I had a line fitted Xmas eve at Christies. My anxiety was through the roof but once I told the lady who was doing it all my concerns she made it a lot easier to deal with. I'm due my 3rd chemo tomorrow and must admit I'm happy that there will be no more needles. Good luck for Friday and let us know how you get on. Happy new year Sparkles xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, this is my first post, even though I started Chemo in November I have tried to avoid forums and tried to cope with non cancerous friends. I should have had my 3rd on the 31st Dec but because my veins collapsed 5 times on only my 2nd time they are going to put a central line in which i am really not looking forward to and quite a bit scared about to be honest, this is being done on Fri 4th Jan and then my 3rd dose is on the 7th. I never considered having the cold cap to keep my hair as i didn't want any more discomfort than was necessary, my side effects have been normal tiredness, slight nausea, pain in arm, splitting nails, tender scalp which was start of hair loss but no weight loss and considering i put weight on especially 😉 i'm a bit peeved. Happy New Year to you all. x
Mags2710

Hi all, happy new year.
Not been on for a while, have actually been sleeping at nite, that was when I usually visited the forum during the nite when awake and the house was asleep. Have been doing ok , long walks with the dogs for the last few days, felt like my old self for once. Hope se pass for those suffering. I'm due 3rd FEC next week and not looking forward to it as suffered sickness last time so am expecting the same again. My veins are sore as well, also noticed my nails are a bit discolured and splitting. On a bighter note had a good new year although it was quite. Take care all big hugs all round. xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
Going for third FEC tomorrow . I think I have not been feeling too bad as they reduced the FEC to 50% last time due to liver enzymes. Going back up to 100 this time, so going to be positive and convince myself not going to feel bad. ThinI that is prob why hair a lot all gone either.

has anybody else had their nails change colour? Mine are looking as if they are all bruised at bottom. Onc said to wear nail varnish.

Anyway positive thoughts to everybody and a good new year.

kim
SuperSusan

Happy New Year all you lovely Sparklers!! I hope most of you managed to celebrate the onslaught of 2013.

Thankfully I was well enough to get out for a while, and also managed a walk in the lovely sunshine today (what a lovely start to the year!). I am looking froward to this year, as it is going to prove to be a better year than last year.....and it represents the year where we will all get well again! So let's tackle this head on, and I'm sure we'll all get there together. Count me in for meeting up in Birmingham later this year.

Col - thanks for your ditties; just love them! Santas Little Helper - also love your 12 days of Chrstimas. Keep them all coming!!
Mummybear - sorry I didn't reply earlier re: port, but yes mine sticks out somewhat and feels a bit like I have an alien stuck in my chest. The stitches and scars are rather unsightly, and if I stretch or move too suddenly it can be quite painful. I did ask the nurse about the discomfort and she said that it can take a couple of months before your body accepts the port and it stops hurting. However, from what I understand it is nowhere as uncomfortable as the needles going in and out for IV chemo or the pain in the veins which many other people experience.
Keep smiling everyone as we continue our journey!! xx
Guest user
Not applicable

happy new year sparklers, hope you ahad a good one, me well i was taxi service. made it to midnight so not bad. ive decided this is the new year and a new me, gonna kick some ass this year starting with beating the dreaded C word. so lets get this party started, new year, new me, health and happiness.

big virtual new year hugs, xxx
clarebare

happy new year to everyone. 3rd chemo went ok and today feel okish. feel rough if i do much. on apositive note were halfway through with a glimmer of light at the end of the dark tunnel.2013 will be a better year for us all . keep strong. clarebare xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hhappy New year sparklers!! here's to a happier and healthier 2013!!!!!

I just want to say how much I've appreciated being part of this special group - admittedly it's not a group any of us would be in out of choice but you have all helped me so much on this bloody awful journey of battling cancer. You're a brilliant group of people and I would have struggled so much more without you all to help me along the way.

I'm toasting you all tonight (with a glass of lucozade but the thoughts still there!!) and wishing you all the very of luck for 2013.

lots of love, Col xxxxx

p.s. for those of you with very little taste, I do have some new ditties on the go but just don't get any time to look at them with it being school holidays. I'll post them next week when I'll have more time. xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Wishing all the sparklers s a Healthy new year to all you All. You have supported me in such a huge way and became people I trust (without even meeting - how strange)
you ll get the jingle.
Merry Christmas all. Who says Santa is not real. !!!!!!!
My Run Up To A Cancer Free Christmas

On the first day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
A lump in my largish left boob
On the second day of Christmas my Santa sent to me 2 Days of waiting and a lump in my largish left boob
On the third day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob
On the fourth day of Christmas my Sants sent to me,
4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.
On the fifth day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.
On ther sixth day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
6 weeks of waiting, 5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.
On the seventh day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
7 Theatre Staff, 6 weeks of waiting, 5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.
On the eighth day of Christmas my Santa sent too me
8 Feet of drainage, 7 Theatre Staff, 6 weeks of waiting, 5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A Iump in my largish left boob.
On the ninth day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
9 friends at chemo, 8 Feet of drainage, 7 Theatre Staff, 6 weeks of waiting, 5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.
On the tenth day of Chistmas my santa sent to me
10 Bowls of vomit, 9 friends at chemo, 8 Feet of drainage, 7 Theatre Staff, 6 weeks of waiting, 5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.
On the eleventh day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
11 Sleepless nights, 10 Bowls of vomit, 9 friends at chemo, 8 Feet of drainage, 7 Theatre Staff, 6 weeks of waiting, 5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my Santa sent to me
12 added problems, 11 Sleepless nights, 10 Bowls of vomit, 9 friends at chemo, 8 Feet of drainage, 7 Theatre Staff, 6 weeks of waiting, 5 Dreaded words,4 examinations, 3 breast care nurses, 2 Days of waiting and A lump in my largish left boob.

Thanks a million Santa.
Shazzaboro

Happy New Year Sparklers! Hope we all have a healthy and happy one next year. Just want to say a big thank you to everyone for your support over the last few months. I couldn't have done it without you.

Keep strong and carry on sparkling!

Shazza xx
Guest user
Not applicable

happy new year my lovely sparklers hope we all have a fantastic new year and we get over that hill.
love yvonne xxxx
Pascal_48

Hi Everyone
I have slept most of the weekend. I had my 3rd FEC last Thursday and that night I was great, Friday night really sick and then have been really tired ever since, just trying to work up some enthuiasm for New Years Eve!
Santas Little Helper - Phenegan antihistamines, 10mg. My onc knows I take them and he is ok with it, they help me sleep, initailly got them through my gp at 25mg but you can get them over the counter and 10mg is enough for me, hope they help.
Shazza-my veins have come up all bruised on the hand I had my first 2 chemos in and the nurses said that it was quite common.
Have a good New Year everyone, suppose I should make some effort as I have slept all day!
Lots of love xxx
deeh

To all fellow sparklers,
Just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and best of luck for 2013 and hopefully an end to all this sh**e.
Whatever you are doing tonite hope its a good one. My OH got to work so early nite for me (that'll make a change lol)
Catch you all next year.
Stay strong sparklers, xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
thank you so much for the advice, support and kind words. You have all made such a difference. Came home on 28th, back today for FEC 2. Although my oncologist appears to be the coldest person I have ever met (ushered me out of her office whilst having a panic attack!!!! )They have agreed to lower my dose, I have lost a over half a stone since first FEC, I am having emend (which from reading your posts really does seem to help), and csfg ? Injections to keep my bloods up. Just hope I manage less than A six night stay in hospital this time.
jelly mould. We can all help you celebrate your birthday when we meet. Sorry you spent it in hospital
col123 - whilst in hospital I tried to do a funny poem as yours never fail to make me laugh. Mine just didn t cut the mark. Please keep them coming.
shAzzaboro love your posts, soinformative
mummybear/ clarebear/ slm (and others I no doubt have missed) thank you and big hugs
SLM xxxxxxxxxxxxx
one last question, any suggestions on how to get some sleep. Tried pills they don t work. But my insomnia is a nightmare (excuse the pun).
Guest user
Not applicable

Happy New Year's Eve sparklers,

we are all preparing to move into a Brand New Year, we have all had an unbelievable year, from diagnosis, shock, tears, fear of the unknown, we are united in our battle, we are brave, strong and we will beat this!!

All the very best for 2013!!! I send you all a virtual hug and to thank you all for your support throughout my journey so far I couldn't have done it without you!!!

Keep sparkling brightly. 🙂 x

love mummybear
clarebare

going for my3rd FEC tomorrow. dreading it. been away for weekend to yorkshire. it was wonderful. stayed in a fab b and b in borrowby. chemo in morning .normally have itinafternoon so hoping time sickness meds right so dont wake up in night nauseaous. ii notice some of you dont get emend as a matter of course. i have had emend from start as well as ondansatron and metaclopramide. would never have got by without them. hope your all feeling better and pleased to be half way through . keep strong . love clarebare xxxxx
jenny12m

Hello Sparklers
What a week we have been having. I had 3rd FEC on Thursday and have been feeling poorly since, my sympathies to those of you who had to go into hospital.
I was given Emends this time and I think they worked, it's my cold which is getting me down and I cannot seem to shift - I try and get out for a 10 min walk each day, but spend most of the day in my nightwear.
Had problems with my viens on Thursday, the first one was not going in well so he disconnected the pink pee stuff (E?) and it split on my hand and pillow. The nurse shouted over for help and put the wipes and pillow case in an incineration bag - how toxic is this stuff that a pillow case cannot be laundered?? He tried two other veins which are now completely bruised, before he found a vien for the rest of the treatments. Phew! I was there ages on Thursday but I understand the T treatments do not give you the nausea and only take 60 mins. The meds must be stronger though as I have been given double steriods for next time which I have to take from the day before.
SLH - hope you have managed to get home from hosptial.
jellymould - hope you had a good birthday, as far as possible
deeh - well done on the raffle win
Stay strong Sparklers - we'll get there. My son's classroom assistant was at our stage last year and this year she is feeling great, going to the gym, getting compliments on her new figure, looking fabulous and she sent me a lovely text to tell me that we will be there this time next year. Our goal for 2013 is to get better. A tough road, but we WILL make it!!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Dont know if first post went through, so here goes again. I have only found this post and would like to join belatedly, starmy hem chemo in November.
After being diagnosed with mastitis in October. Four weeks of antibiotics and a hospital stay was sent for a scan, which was delayed as appt was messed up, then at appt when I thought I was going to have abcess drained was told I had lumps on lymph glands and none in breast. End of appointment was told that they thought I had cancer. this was on my birthday .
Next appt cancelled as biopsy not completed, but spoke to nurse who said they were treating as inflammatory breast cancer, and appt rearranged. as you can imagine my mind went into overdrive. Told my sisters who have been supporting me throughout.
next appt Monday and diagnosis confirmed and told that chemo would start on 19th November. 3 x FEC and then 3 x FECTT and then possibly surgery and then radio therapy . I have been lucky and not sick so far, but have been very tired and head achy.
Still have some hair at a grade 2, surprised. My hair dressers have been brilliant and helpful not had charging me until I have proper hair to cut again. I have been to cancer hair care in stevenage and they were brilliant .
I live on the borders or beds/Hert/Camb. Would be interested to speak anybody else in this area of anyone who has inflammatory breast cancer.
hope this one works
Shazzaboro

Happy birthday Jellymould! Enjoy it as best you can, then again when you are feeling loads better. Nobody said you can only celebrate it once!

Shazza xx
Guest user
Not applicable

I am happy to say that all my scans came back clear so over the moon with the results.
After reading all your comments on the third chemo session not looking forward to mine on the 2nd of jan hopefully I will be as strong as you all are.
Have a fantastic weekend and stay strong.
love yvonne xxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon sparklers
Happy birthday jellymould, you choose another day to celebrate, we will be with you if we can, rest & think of your perfect celebration it may come true x x
col stay strong hun, I hope the SEs pass swiftly to the minimum. Big hug from me we will/must meet fir coffee in the new year x x
Yvonne good luck with your results & glad you like your wig x x
Supersusan I have a portacath too for chemo & 1 year of herceptin, it is fab for chemo treatment but mine was uncomfortable after the op, it sticks out on my chest does yours? I also have scar on my neck looks a little unslightly.
CK1 I have missed you stay strong, x x
I send a big hug to santas little helper, Shazza, Pascal, Deeh my 3rd chemo was horrible too x x
Remember all sparklers we are brave & here for each other. Stay strong & keep sparkling.
love mummybear x x
Guest user
Not applicable

hi all
sorry so many are having such a horrible time at the moment. I had 3rd fec Xmas eve and although knackered and felt sick slot I havent vomited this time. I would definitely recommend asking fir Emend (aprepitent) as I think it works wonders to stop you vomiting. I think it's a vicious circle once you're actually sick as you're never quite sure then whether the anti sickness drugs are getting into your system.

jelly - Happy birthday m' dear and am so so sorry that you're spending it in bloody hospital!! Hope you manage to get out soon and enjoy your birthday in sone way. if not, just reschedule it for when you feel betterbetter.We' 'll celebrate it with you next year when we all get through this bloody awful chemo and meet up! good luck with the veins.
having my little one off school I haven't got as much time to post but am thinking of you all and wishing you all the best for minimal side effects.

love, Col xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi all ive had to go to hospital as i have cording in my veins feels like someone is pulling them out one at a time, and to the docs now got thrush will this joyous journey ever end. hope you have all had a good christmas and have a healthy and happy new year. keep sparkling guys we can do this xx
SuperSusan

Santas Little Helper. So Sorry you are having such a bad time. I'm sure it would get anybody down and feel like giving up. But I also think you should ask to speak with your Onc and see what could be done to help you on all fronts. I am not sure if it is too late, but due to IV issues too I had a port inserted into my chest and it works an absolute treat...it takes all of the stress away from the process which I am just so grateful for. I hope you start feeling better soon. xx
Shazzaboro

Hi deeh, I agree with you. First night, and yesterday, was awful after 3rd session. I'm feeling a bit better today and hoping to get out of the house. My mouth is ok its just been my stomach and the sickness. Mouth usually goes weird in a few days time so got that to look forward too. Don't know if it will help you but I found flat coke helpful yesterday. It seemed more palatable than water and tea/coffee. I've also found pineapple juice and ice lollies helpful when mouth is yucky. Hope you feel better soon!

Pascal, thanks for the good wishes, they seem to have helped as I'm feeling much better today and haven't been sick since yesterday morning I'm managing to eat small amounts and fluid intake is better.

One thing I have noticed is the veins on my arm are looking darker, almost bruised, but don't hurt as such. Are either of you seeing this? I'm guessing its a side effect of chemo and nurse agreed when I mentioned it to her on Thursday. Its just a bit weird for me cos my veins are quite deep and I don't usually see them lol bc, the gift that keeps on giving! On the plus side still got eyebrows and lashes for now.

Shazza xx
SuperSusan

Oh dear, it seems like many of us are in the same boat (I am just 1 FEC treatment behind you). But I too have felt rotten - had stomach pains, headaches, and at 9pm started vomitting and did so every 2 hours during the night. The hospital took me in yesterday and gave me an additional injection which seemed to have helped a bit. They also gave me additional antinausea tables to take, so with all of that I got through last night without any sickness. They have mentioned changing me to Emend next time which they said is usually very effective, so Deeh/Shazza it might be worht asking your hospital about that drug.

On the hair front, I did the cold cap again but my hair is still coming out all over the place. I am not convinced I want to continue doing it, but I did meet a lady on her final FRC treatment and she still has most of her hair....and nobody would ever know that she had gone through chemo. She said that she doesn't comb her hair, and only washes it every 2 weeks. Not sure I could manage that as I would look like some madwoman if I didn't comb it. Perhaps the bald/wig will be the way to go for me.
Wishing you all a happy New Year, and a HEALTHY 2013 once we emerge from from the journet we are all on. XX
deeh

Had my 3rd FEC yesterday, and have felt rotten all day today, felt sick, stomach ache, dry mouth, tired and hardly eaten as everything just stuck to my mouth. had some banana milkshake tonight and thats only thing to go down ok.
must be something to do with the 3rd FEC as i was ok the last couple of times until later in week when fatigue hit me.
love to you all
Pascal_48

Hi
I had my 3rd session yesterday. I made sure I drank tea all morning and it seemed to work as I haven't felt too bad this time. It did take 5 goes to get the cannula in though so I was getting a bit worried. The 3rd nurse managed it first time. Hopefully will be ok for New Years Eve at a friends party, will keep my fingers crossed.
Hope you start to feel better son Shazza.
Love to everyone xxx
Shazzaboro

Afternoon Sparklers,

Had 3rd session yesterday. Took twice as long as usual as had to have blood tests taken on the day. Everything was fine till 10 o'clock last night when I started being sick. Was up and down 8 times during the night. Managted to get anti-sickness and steroids down this morning and no problems since - touch wood! Bound to happen at some point as I've got away quite lightly with first two. The annoying part was trying to get in touch with the Chemo unit this morning. Everytime I rang it would ring for 2 or 3 minutes then go to the engaged tone! Finally rang switch board who said they were having problems with the phone and put me through straight away.
Don't really know why the problem started this time, guessing its something to do with toxic build up from the chemo and Christmas. I'll have to keep an eye on things and see how I go
Hope everyone is feeling better than I am today!
Shazza xx
clarebare

hi everyone, hope xmas was ok for you all. ihad agreat day with the family. went out for xmas dinner to village pub. feel sogood im dreading goingfor next
chemo. im having painsin my veins this week. apparently normal on fec. santas little helper. you need to get chemo put through slower. if its rushed through side effects are worse. trust mei know. nurses seem to want toget chemo over as quick as possible but insist it will help.i know how crap you feel. take car everyone and chin up
love clarebarexxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Well my 3rd treatment got deferred again for another week because of this cold.... So I'm still not half way there :0(
Guest user
Not applicable

Well done on the raffle win Dee
Hope everyone had a good christmas without too many se.
I picked my wig up today looked so good I wore it home it was nice to look like my old self again.
I have my results in the morning for all those scans I hope they come back clear plus my third chemo next wednesday not looking forward to that but it has to be done.
Stay strong my fellow sparklers
love yvonne xxx
deeh

Evening Sparklers,
Just wanted to share my good news with you.
Was so down this morning and didnt want to go for chemo, but pulled myself together, got there and found out that I had won a hamper in the xmas raffle cheered me up no end .
Nice to know that sometimes something good does happen.
Keep strong and keep looking forward
Dee xxx